Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

teamcharlie posted:

Are we even sure that DeVoe kept all his smart rear end in a top hat powers now that he's switched bodies into Dominic (or this new switch into Teela Brown for that matter)? I can't seem to recall seeing him open up his skull again to show his glowing brain after he changed bodies the first time, and he certainly doesn't seem to be showing any motor function deficiency. Maybe he solved a shitload of problems before changing bodies and hoped that would keep things rolling until nobody could stop him, but now that things are off track he's just improvising. That would certainly help explain why his new plan to keep his wife loyal has devolved into drugging her whenever she remembers all the stupid, awful poo poo Thinker's doing.

Side note: I'ma keep using 'he' unless I have reason to believe that the now-transsexual Clifford DeVoe has decided to also change gender.

That's actually a pretty good explanation for what I was complaining about.

In my defense I'm from Central City. Dark Matter makes you stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
Note to self: Try not to post on the SA forums while blackout drunk. After 11 years of posting here with a clean record I finally got something on my rap sheet and it was about the stupid CW Flash show lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bbf2 fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Feb 19, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Deveo is literally just the villains from Get Out

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

MiddleOne posted:

I was wondering that. Is there some Sunken Place the host consciousness is trapped inside? Also just general Copy/Delete stuff, hitching brains and all.

I’m predicting his “plan” is that his super genius burns out most bodies and he ultimately needs The Flash to keep the sci-fi ALS at bay indefinitely.

bbf2 posted:

Hey want to hear my impression of Tumblr

Take that, imagined strawman! I’m pretty sure CW shows go pretty ok with that crowd. Lots of queer/nonwhite representation, even in the DC stuff.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So Devoe is a super genius who can read people's minds and also now has the powers of a woman who can use luck to make literally anything work out for them no matter what? I can't wait for Barry to Run Faster-er-er to defeat him this time.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Minor nitpick that Barry refused to testify in his favor because he’d have to lie in court, but got the charges dropped due to his palls lying and falsifying evidence at court.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

DeVoe is still alive.

Just not, you know, that DeVoe.

That's only sorta' perjury, like when Barry says he doesn't kill.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I still say Barry getting hauled out of Joe's house would have made the whole situation 50% less stupid than him having time to clean up the crime scene and not doing it for reasons.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm calling it, Devoe is dethroning previous stupidest villain the... I can't even remember. Black Flash? Solomon something? Jay? Anyway, it's bad.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait but like

Don't the police still have the original Devoe's corpse just...lying there in their morgue? And what's gonna happen when the new Devoe -- who is just Ralph -- doesn't show up anymore? Is Ralph going to go teach Devoe's classes, considering that there's literally no reason Devoe wouldn't just go back to work?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

BrianWilly posted:

Wait but like

Don't the police still have the original Devoe's corpse just...lying there in their morgue? And what's gonna happen when the new Devoe -- who is just Ralph -- doesn't show up anymore? Is Ralph going to go teach Devoe's classes, considering that there's literally no reason Devoe wouldn't just go back to work?

Ralph will just show up to class and quit and publicly announce he's moving to a different country.

....but it's The Flash so it will never get mentioned ever again.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

BrianWilly posted:

Wait but like

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
I mean, it's not like they've ever seen someone who can change their appearance to look like anyone else.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

VictorianQueerLit posted:

It just seems like sloppy writing where they spend 12 episodes establishing him as this infallible and invincible villain only to flip a switch and have his powers basically just not work all of a sudden. They could have either established from the start that even superbrain statistics have margins of error due to their complexity and while extremely threatening aren't perfect or they could have written a way to deal with the infallible perfection of the superbrain statistics. It seems like they wanted to heighten the tension by having him be invincible until they reach the appropriate place in the script for the heroes to be able to punch him in the face so now he is vulnerable.

Tbf they did, every time Davoe's rattled off a statistic about how how impossible it is for Flash to beat him, he's never once said anything is 100% set, which implies (to me at least) that there's always a margin of error. Either way they had to make him fallible somehow. Can't keep 6th dimension chess-ing out of situations if he's also gonna pick up 12 other powers.

Anyway I think the reason for his behavior is gonna be shown as his body swapping making him increasingly unstable.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Yea, his thing was shown as having a consistency in place for every possible outcome rather than 100% prediction powers.

Woden
May 6, 2006
I liked that DeVoe and his wife really got along and wanted the same things, it was refreshing.

Really not digging this change.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Rocksicles posted:

Why is Iris wearing a robe?

Yeah, she's just wearing a house coat out in public.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

MiddleOne posted:

Q: are we not men
A: we are devoe

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Zutaten posted:

I can't believe I live in a world where Sugar from Canada's nickelodeon/cartoon network-equivalent channel YTV's 2000s era afternoon programming block is now playing a main cast villain on The Flash...

YES! I was like 99% sure it was her (the voice is unmistakable) but the timeline didn't work out in my head, she looks like she could be in her 20's still but she was on the radio with that Sugar Baby song when I was in grade school

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
Amunet's actress is just THE.WORST.

Also like what even was the wardens plan? This former cop who regularly gets visits from his wife, a DA, and an active detective in charge of the meta hunting squad is going to just disappear from jail and nobody will notice? Or notice all the other metas disappearing? Maybe one or two a year but the entire meta population of the jail just vanishes and nobody would be worried or investigate?

pile of brown fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Feb 7, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pile of brown posted:

Katee Sackoff is the best. She only took the role on the condition that they let her use a terrible accident.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Avalerion posted:

Yea, his thing was shown as having a consistency in place for every possible outcome rather than 100% prediction powers.

Having Hazard's powers essentially helps him with that, he basically can control every outcome now.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pile of brown posted:

Also like what even was the wardens plan? This former cop who regularly gets visits from his wife, a DA, and an active detective in charge of the meta hunting squad is going to just disappear from jail and nobody will notice? Or notice all the other metas disappearing? Maybe one or two a year but the entire meta population of the jail just vanishes and nobody would be worried or investigate?

It wasn't the entire meta population, Barry even mentioned that Peek-A-Boo, Top, Weather Wizard, etc. may have been DeVoe's next targets. Only the bus metas were on the Amunet shopping block, for whatever reason.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
I was under the impression that DeVoe was starting to lose his touch and be an rear end in a top hat to his wife because the body swapping and Slyar'ing of other people's powers has diluted his original powers and he's becoming a victim of his own success.

Also gently caress anyone who wants to poo poo talk Katee Sackhoff, she is fantastic and you can all go to hell :colbert:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Also gently caress anyone who wants to poo poo talk Katee Sackhoff, she is fantastic and you can all go to hell :colbert:

My man.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Klungar posted:

It wasn't the entire meta population, Barry even mentioned that Peek-A-Boo, Top, Weather Wizard, etc. may have been DeVoe's next targets.

Not quite, he says that they COULD have been targeted just as easily, but DeVoe didn't so he must only want the bus metas for some reason.

nine-gear crow posted:

I was under the impression that DeVoe was starting to lose his touch and be an rear end in a top hat to his wife because the body swapping and Slyar'ing of other people's powers has diluted his original powers and he's becoming a victim of his own success.

That's my read on it as well, I think his powers and principles are degrading with each jump. (Assumedly) his original self expected that, and so now he's following along with his own plan without really knowing how it gets there.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

She is a bad actress. :colbert:

pile of brown posted:

Well you see

Dark Matter makes you stupid.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
I wish we had a hint of DeVoe's endgame. This is getting tedious. If his plan was to body swap with Barry, he could have done that while Barry was standing there with the power-suppressing shackle. Same with just stealing his powers for regeneration or something.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Mortanis posted:

I wish we had a hint of DeVoe's endgame. This is getting tedious. If his plan was to body swap with Barry, he could have done that while Barry was standing there with the power-suppressing shackle. Same with just stealing his powers for regeneration or something.

Maybe it's going to be something stupid. Maybe it's a retread of the situation in S1, and he needs Barry to get faster.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Amunet would be about ten times better if they have her get frustrated and drop the "Oi put some more petrol in the lorry" fake accent at some point and have everyone call her out on it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

teamcharlie posted:

Are we even sure that DeVoe kept all his smart rear end in a top hat powers now that he's switched bodies into Dominic (or this new switch into Teela Brown for that matter)? I can't seem to recall seeing him open up his skull again to show his glowing brain after he changed bodies the first time, and he certainly doesn't seem to be showing any motor function deficiency. Maybe he solved a shitload of problems before changing bodies and hoped that would keep things rolling until nobody could stop him, but now that things are off track he's just improvising. That would certainly help explain why his new plan to keep his wife loyal has devolved into drugging her whenever she remembers all the stupid, awful poo poo Thinker's doing.

Side note: I'ma keep using 'he' unless I have reason to believe that the now-transsexual Clifford DeVoe has decided to also change gender.

I'm assuming that the reason DeVoe is body swapping like this is to avoid breaking down.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Amunet would be about ten times better if they have her get frustrated and drop the "Oi put some more petrol in the lorry" fake accent at some point and have everyone call her out on it.
Ever since I read the thing about her (the actor) insisting on doing the accent it's changed my whole perspective on the character, because I've assumed that the character is faking the accent for the exact same reason, ie. she thinks villains should sound English. And obviously other characters in the show can tell she's doing an absurd accent, but it's just not that important to wonder why. It also explains why she says things like "ooh, a bidding war!" when she seems to be the only potential buyer and there'd been no mention of an auction (and even if it were an auction, the bidders don't want a bidding war, the seller does) - she just thought that was something a "cool English villain" would say because she's really dumb.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That sounds just about stupid enough to be something really happened on the production side of noted great show The Flash

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Ugh, the Killer Frost pep talk was very cringy.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Like, when DeVoe busts into the prison and starts zapping the poo poo out of everyone, that probably would have been the perfect time to drop the accent for a second and go “Okay, screw this,” and bolt. Again, I don’t honestly care about it because it’s just an actor having some giddy fun on a dumbfuck superhero show after headlining two back-to-back long-running drama for the last 10 years.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

nine-gear crow posted:

Like, when DeVoe busts into the prison and starts zapping the poo poo out of everyone, that probably would have been the perfect time to drop the accent for a second and go “Okay, screw this,” and bolt. Again, I don’t honestly care about it because it’s just an actor having some giddy fun on a dumbfuck superhero show after headlining two back-to-back long-running drama for the last 10 years.

Yeah, I can't speak to Longmire, whatever the gently caress that's about, but Battlestar and 24 are some dour, humorless stuff. I'd want to do something stupid and fun and campy after that, too.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Oh man, I didn't even recognize her from 24 but remember people being all giddy about her being from Battlestar. Yeah, she sucks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And to think there are still people pissed off Sackoff didn't get chosen to be Captain Marvel. I did like her as Starbuck when she was cocky ace pilot, but later on when poo poo got all metaphysical it showed her weakness.

Chokes McGee posted:

Q: are we not men
A: we are devoe

Brilliant.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

So Devoe wanted/needed all the bus metas locked up in one place. Presumably so it would be easier for his chair to collect them all? But Amunet buying them all was something he didn't forsee? But luckily his chair was ready the exact same time as the meet anyway and everyone just happened to stumble into the same place?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

WhyteRyce posted:

So Devoe wanted/needed all the bus metas locked up in one place. Presumably so it would be easier for his chair to collect them all? But Amunet buying them all was something he didn't forsee? But luckily his chair was ready the exact same time as the meet anyway and everyone just happened to stumble into the same place?

This also raises further questions, like if Devoe is able to just fly into the prison at any moment then what was he even waiting around for. Was that one security guard just too much of a challenge?

Devoe is one of the worst villains I have seen in fiction for years.