Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
So is Rosenfels defending McDaniels or the coordinators he promised jobs to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Rosenfels is joining in the chorus of voices going:

"...yeah, but gently caress the colts anyway"

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/status/961242414164905991

As a college basketball fan I feel similar re: Duke

Shut the gently caress up Sage. You stink.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’m phone posting, someone get Rosencopter.gif

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
He's right tho.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Dexo posted:

He's right tho.

Nobody is crying for the Colts. They will go and have a long list of potential coaches and hire someone equivalent or better. It was a lovely thing to do to the coaches he was bringing with him.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

mcmagic posted:

Once Belichick leaves they are just another team.

True, but the rest of the division are loving morons

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Dexo posted:

He's right tho.

You stink too, Dexo!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Eltoasto posted:

Nobody is crying for the Colts. They will go and have a long list of potential coaches and hire someone equivalent or better. It was a lovely thing to do to the coaches he was bringing with him.

Yeah if I'm an NFL GM McDaniels is permanently on my "never hire" list. It's super lovely to do that just with yourself but to gently caress over the people who were coming with him is so monumentally turd-like I'd do everything in my power to humiliate him whenever we played.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Matt Patricia in the worst loving hastily assembled macy's ensemble you're ever going to see on someone making 7m a year or whatever

If you have an orange filter on your phone or computer, disable it to see how loving awful he looks.

I just care about football. I don't care about looking like an ex con trying to make good with donated clothes for my first job interview at the temp agency.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

kiimo posted:

https://twitter.com/SageRosenfels18/status/961242414164905991

As a college basketball fan I feel similar re: Duke

That is most definitely true. Look what happened at UCONN.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

True, but the rest of the division are loving morons

Most of the NFL are loving morons.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dejan Bimble posted:

Matt Patricia in the worst loving hastily assembled macy's ensemble you're ever going to see on someone making 7m a year or whatever

If you have an orange filter on your phone or computer, disable it to see how loving awful he looks.

I just care about football. I don't care about looking like an ex con trying to make good with donated clothes for my first job interview at the temp agency.

I'm sad he shaved.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is better than I remember Ben McAdoo looking.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Should have worn the Goodell clown shirt

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
He looks like a cheap De Niro impersonator trying to pull The Deer Hunter look.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

fartknocker posted:

He looks like a cheap De Niro impersonator trying to pull The Deer Hunter look.

Excited to watch him and Cooter play Russian Roulette.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Dejan Bimble posted:

Dear Matt,

Please never remove your ballcap again

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

axeil posted:

Yeah if I'm an NFL GM McDaniels is permanently on my "never hire" list. It's super lovely to do that just with yourself but to gently caress over the people who were coming with him is so monumentally turd-like I'd do everything in my power to humiliate him whenever we played.

Not just GMs that he burnt bridges with; what coordinator or assistant coach is ever going to work with him, now? Entry level guys with no other option, or awful retreads no one else wants?

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

Well I guess

Lesson 1: Accept a deal to be another team’s HC and then gently caress them over to go to the Pats.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I hope Belichik /McDaniels becomes Holmgren / Mora Jr. 2.0 where McDaniels gets canned 1 year after inheriting the team.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

seiferguy posted:

I hope Belichik /McDaniels becomes Holmgren / Mora Jr. 2.0 where McDaniels gets canned 1 year after inheriting the team.

Same, except I hope McDaniels remains HC for five or six years before Kraft realizes what a mistake he's made.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

once again, jay cutler has been vindicated

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sataere posted:

Like I said, I don't believe it. The reason to lie is clear, though. Season ticket sales matter. It's why they lied last year.

And there is a reason people are not taking what the colts say at face value. Because they spent all of last season lying about Luck.

The season ticket reasoning would have made some sense last year, but if Irsay and/or Ballard knows right now that Luck is done there's absolutely no reason for them not to admit it and pivot to "And we're going to use our draft position to go out and get our new franchise QB."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

seiferguy posted:

lmbo jim mora jr

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

mcmagic posted:

That is most definitely true. Look what happened at UCONN.

An inexplicable championship?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Belichick coaching tree strikes again

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Grittybeard posted:

This is better than I remember Ben McAdoo looking.

Hahaha, I think you're right. Jared from Subway suit

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Starting to miss McAdoo and the Ehud “Brad from Home Improvement hair” jokes that went along with his reign.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Today, I learned that in 1999, Matt Patricia turned down a $100,000 per year job to maintain nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers for the Westinghouse Electric Company to coach the defensive line at Amherst College.

The starting pay was $6,000.

Believe in your dreams, kids!

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Gonz posted:

Today, I learned that in 1999, Matt Patricia turned down a $100,000 per year job to maintain nuclear submarines and aircraft carriers for the Westinghouse Electric Company to coach the defensive line at Amherst College.

The starting pay was $6,000.

Believe in your dreams, kids!

Super tempted to do the math on the opportunity cost from forgoing that 100k salary for years.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

It's good that the argument people will use to say that Matt Patricia will be a good NFL coach is the same one people used to say that Ben Carson would be a good president.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

fsif posted:

It's good that the argument people will use to say that Matt Patricia will be a good NFL coach is the same one people used to say that Ben Carson would be a good president.

I think Ben Carsons stance on gravity killed the last hope of people thinking he was smart

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ShakeZula posted:

The season ticket reasoning would have made some sense last year, but if Irsay and/or Ballard knows right now that Luck is done there's absolutely no reason for them not to admit it and pivot to "And we're going to use our draft position to go out and get our new franchise QB."

Of course there is. You are in the unique position of desperately needing a new quarterback, with the plausible deniability that you'll take one. If people don't think you'll take a quarterback, they might not jump ahead of you in the draft. It might not work, but you have to try.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I can't believe Luck is dead. I hope the funeral will be a tasteful affair.

Chances are because Irsay is involved, it won't be, though.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Gonz posted:

I can't believe Luck is dead. I hope the funeral will be a tasteful affair.

Chances are because Irsay is involved, it won't be, though.

When is cocaine and oxy not tasteful?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
E: nm

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

fsif posted:

Starting to miss McAdoo and the Ehud “Brad from Home Improvement hair” jokes that went along with his reign.

they even had the same character arc where things went downhill for them when they changed their hairstyle

Remember when Brad got this hair and then they found pot hidden in the backyard?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I just signed an 8 figure contract now off to goodwill to buy a suit jacket!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Elephanthead posted:

I just signed an 8 figure contract now off to goodwill to buy a suit jacket!
That gangtag :randstare:

• Locked thread