Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

qirex posted:

my comment was neither an endorsement nor a condemnation of that probation

cowardly.

"oh i was just saying some neutral things in context of an argument with a moderator. I have no horse in this race see. I'm too detached to actually consider that arbitrarily banning people for no reason may impact the tone of a discussion. def not a conformist little dweeb."

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

OldAlias posted:

log off bitch

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

OldAlias posted:

log off bitch

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

literally one of the most ignored posters on the entire forums: "you shouldn't probe people"

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

ahaha google just pushed their lovely youtube web "app" to the apple tv

now it runs like absolute garbage

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

carry on then posted:

is youtube tv bad too?

i need to watch my garbage sportsball shows on it over the summer and I am fully guessing that by then google will come up with some convoluted scheme to make YouTube tv absolute trash on Apple TV and I’ll be watching it on hulu where it’ll cut out at the most interesting parts like the superbowl lmao

also gently caress you tim for making ipad autocorrect Apple TV to its proper capitalization, how am i supposed to shitpost properly? :mad:

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

carry on then posted:

this is only for the latest generation of apple tv right

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
80 new posts and apparently mlk has come back from the dead and started posting itt

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Elder Postsman posted:

this is only for the latest generation of apple tv right

latest two. not like atv3 is getting any updates ever again

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
this conversation turned very circa 2008 gay

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cis autodrag posted:

80 new posts and apparently mlk has come back from the dead and started posting itt

the only thing more shameful than shocking dodge trucks

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

echinopsis posted:

this conversation turned very circa 2008 gay

Don't post like this

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I dunno, the previous youtube appletv app was pretty terrible, the new one seems like an improvement over it so far.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

r u ready to WALK posted:

I dunno, the previous youtube appletv app was pretty terrible, the new one seems like an improvement over it so far.

Idk if you know but everybody can see this wrongpost

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
All youtube apps are terrible. On my ps4 it prompts you to kill every other running process just to launch it.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Amethyst posted:

cowardly.

"oh i was just saying some neutral things in context of an argument with a moderator. I have no horse in this race see. I'm too detached to actually consider that arbitrarily banning people for no reason may impact the tone of a discussion. def not a conformist little dweeb."

dude you suck big time

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
just dont reply to stymie or blue stymie ever

the only thing it does is lure more stymie or blue stymie posts in response

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Sniep posted:

just dont reply to stymie or blue stymie ever

the only thing it does is lure more stymie or blue stymie posts in response

sometimes i just feel compelled to yell at a stymie once in a while

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

Roosevelt posted:

sometimes i just feel compelled to yell at a stymie once in a while

i agree with your assessment tho

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
as usual, i must protest at this wanton dilution of my brand

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
if anythign you're deliberately conflating your brands by having a fully blue anime dog tits av/blue-hued gang tag situation going on

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

yeah how are we to distinguish between stymie and blue stymie if stymie is blue

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

i turned off avatars, and like turning off signatures in days of yore this turned out to be the correct choice

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Boiled Water posted:

i turned off avatars, and like turning off signatures in days of yore this turned out to be the correct choice

oh lmao so you dont even see yours?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oh lmao so you dont even see yours?

not anymore no

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

you can't be serious. it controls like poo poo, everything is twice as big (especially the playback controls which now cover half the goddamn video,) and it just launches into playlists instead of showing me what's in them.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

What was so great about the previous one then? I remember it being pretty frustrating and clumsy, I mostly watch youtube on my iPad in the kitchen and even that app is terrible.
The framerate in the menus is kinda janky but it is much easier to actually browse your subscriptions in this one.
The new playback controls are perfectly fine and disappear after a couple of seconds, or you can force them to go away with the back button right away.

The only thing I can find that feels worse than before is seeking to a specific time in a video since you can only skip forward or backwards in 10 second intervals.

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
the Subscriptions button just takes me into Best of Youtube instead of, you know, my list of subscriptions.

they’re definitely not using any of the native UI controls because the inertial scrolling is completely wacky, and video playback doesn’t behave right. If they’re using TVML to power the app, I couldn’t tell.

the only upside is that they’ve finally implemented the ability to use the youtube app on my phone as a remote so that I can queue videos up while one is playing.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
youtube is institutionally committed to having terrible ui on every platform.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

are they making money yet?

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I like how YouTube doesn’t even allow full screen video in safari on iPad.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Kobayashi posted:

I like how

same

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Kobayashi posted:

I like how YouTube doesn’t even allow full screen video in safari on iPad.

Works fine for me.

I mean the UI is still poo poo otherwise, but it lets me full screen videos.

Edit: Oh, I just realized it’s giving me the desktop site. If I try to go to the mobile version it just redirect me to the app.

Wasn’t there a feature in a previous iOS that let you bypass the app redirect thing? I could be making poo poo up.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

tk posted:

Works fine for me.

I mean the UI is still poo poo otherwise, but it lets me full screen videos.

Edit: Oh, I just realized it’s giving me the desktop site. If I try to go to the mobile version it just redirect me to the app.

Wasn’t there a feature in a previous iOS that let you bypass the app redirect thing? I could be making poo poo up.

Oh nice just requested the desktop site and it “fixed” Google’s hilarious misunderstanding of the web.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

my favorite youtube UI disaster is when they got rid of likes or favorites or whatever and just converted those into a playlist called "favorites" and then made that playlist public so you could then go find all of the horrible poo poo youtube celebs had liked

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sniep posted:

shut up blue stymie

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

What was so great about the previous one then? I remember it being pretty frustrating and clumsy, I mostly watch youtube on my iPad in the kitchen and even that app is terrible.
The framerate in the menus is kinda janky but it is much easier to actually browse your subscriptions in this one.
The new playback controls are perfectly fine and disappear after a couple of seconds, or you can force them to go away with the back button right away.

The only thing I can find that feels worse than before is seeking to a specific time in a video since you can only skip forward or backwards in 10 second intervals.

you can't even rest your finger on the touchpad to see how much time has elapsed in the video. it's absolutely not easier to browse your subscriptions when they only show three loving videos

the old video at least acted like it was running on an apple tv 4k instead of a $100 tcl

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i have to say i agree with amethyst on this one

i have to say it or he will talk poo poo about me

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I bought a ceramic Apple Watch today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU