Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wow some really helpful Fultz news

In fairness it's really difficult to put a timetable on a return when someone has the yips this bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Euph/Redgrendel, if the Lakers finish strong and the Sixers keep the pick, what sort of player do you want them to target? Do you give Fultz the benefit of the doubt or do you look for another good shootin' combo type guard?

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In fairness it's really difficult to put a timetable on a return when someone has the yips this bad

It's insane

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

He's only 19 but not good. I feel like there is maybe a 5% chance he'll be any good.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

There are the two Bridges wings in the 8-10 slot that would be fine.

I'd also draft a defensive center.

They have a max slot to address SG and Simmons can play PG.

Simmons being able to guard 1-4 (which was not known before this year) opens the whole team up. They really can't gently caress this team up . Only injuries to Embiid.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Feb 9, 2018

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wow some really helpful Fultz news

read this as bruno caboclo and wondered why he was talking about himself in the 3rd person

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Euph/Redgrendel, if the Lakers finish strong and the Sixers keep the pick, what sort of player do you want them to target? Do you give Fultz the benefit of the doubt or do you look for another good shootin' combo type guard?

It's insane
I've been drooling over Jaren Jackson and Mikal Bridges all year, but their stock and the pick position seem to be going in opposite directions. Troy Brown maybe, but I haven't gotten around to watching much of him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Sixers can probably just go BPA.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/962005699629760513

He's so pissy about the Super Bowl.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Boston might lose in the ECF, but at least they'll know they have contracts that are all at or below market rate. And that is what is important.

Actually I think it's a big toss up on who comes out of the East right now but Cleveland probably helped themselves with this trade.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Lmao

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

What Simmons is missing is that they traded a bunch of trash for those players. The 1st hurts, but they have the Nets pick and they need to keep LeBron happy so who gives a poo poo

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

big boi posted:

What Simmons is missing is that they traded a bunch of trash for those players. The 1st hurts, but they have the Nets pick and they need to keep LeBron happy so who gives a poo poo

NOPE BAD GM LOOK AT THESE 69 TRADE OFFERS THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN WAY BETTER CAVS ARE TOAST LEBRON TO LOS ANGELES!!!!

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lol, that was my first thought too, he’s writing Trump style

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Euphronius is right

I never thought I would live to see the day

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

euphronius posted:

He's only 19 but not good. I feel like there is maybe a 5% chance he'll be any good.

I might have blinders on, but I still believe in Fultz. I think they should just shut him down, and next year this is all forgotten. How quickly we forget Simmons and all of the weirdness that happened last year

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

paternity suitor posted:

I might have blinders on, but I still believe in Fultz. I think they should just shut him down, and next year this is all forgotten. How quickly we forget Simmons and all of the weirdness that happened last year

What was weird about simmons? Dude was just hurt unless I dont remember something.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The hurt story was cover for the fact that his has major yips.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

paternity suitor posted:

No one is gonna forget that a basketball player is psychologically unable to shoot a basketball. That's never happened before

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Here is a time line

He hasn't been able to shoot since summer league

https://twitter.com/derekbodnernba/status/962019201471918080

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
Can Vince carter still play basketball? Asking for my friend masai

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

What was weird about simmons? Dude was just hurt unless I dont remember something.

There was a lot of suspicion that he was healthy enough to play by...Februaryish I think??? but they decided to keep him out.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Fast Luck posted:

No one is gonna forget that a basketball player is psychologically unable to shoot a basketball. That's never happened before

It's almost always golf and baseball.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Redgrendel2001 posted:

There was a lot of suspicion that he was healthy enough to play by...Februaryish I think??? but they decided to keep him out.

I think everyone just assumed that was because they wanted to tank for as high of a pick as they could get, no? The Fultz thing is way worse at the moment. Really hope he turns it around eventually

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Mardi Gras is about to really get going this weekend and I thought it would be a great time to start dressing for the season. :)

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

I think everyone just assumed that was because they wanted to tank for as high of a pick as they could get, no? The Fultz thing is way worse at the moment. Really hope he turns it around eventually

I think Chuck Hayes is the most famous case of basketball yips and he eventually fixed his FT form.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Kibner posted:

Mardi Gras is about to really get going this weekend and I thought it would be a great time to start dressing for the season. :)

Hahah that's great

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I think Chuck Hayes is the most famous case of basketball yips and he eventually fixed his FT form.

I don't mind the Sixers being good and I think rivalries are best when both teams are good so I'm mainly bummed out that the Sixers could really use "Washington" Fultz. They really did draft the perfect person for their team, he just died, hopefully temporarily

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

euphronius posted:

The hurt story was cover for the fact that his has major yips.

Have they tried having him recite the likes and dislikes of Playboy playmates when he's shooting, I wonder

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Like Fultz shot pretty good in summer league.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Kibner posted:

JEsus Christ Kibner! That thing is like Chucky!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

There's a lot of complaining on the internet today about the TNT broadcast of the Celtics-Wizards last night. Was Marv really that bad?

lol heres an open letter I came across on reddit

I wouldn't have penned a letter but the dude is not wrong.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

It's almost always golf and baseball.

Is there a Fultz whisperer in the House? I bet Kyrie could fix him.

and the forums are broken? Anybody else seeing just text?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Nick Anderson, probably.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Fultz is going to come back for the playoff series against Boston

and he's gonna own

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

dokmo posted:

Yeah but its a weird half measure. If they're planning on lebron staying, they should have used the nets pick for players that moved the needle in a win now move, and if they're thinking hes gone they should have kept the pick.

You're right but (and I guess you'd know more than me) was there really a player people were willing to part with that moved the needle? Doesn't seem like it just thinking about what teams seem to be doing.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

There's a lot of complaining on the internet today about the TNT broadcast of the Celtics-Wizards last night. Was Marv really that bad?

lol heres an open letter I came across on reddit

Every Chris Webber broadcast.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

big boi posted:

Channing Frye is not trash!!! He is a beautiful old washed guy.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I like Chris Webber to tell stories or make funny observations when things are slow, but you should not expect to get good in-game breakdown from him. He should be a 3rd guy. And Marv is getting old and is also a sexual assaulter from back when that wasn't a big deal.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I thought he had another surgery or he gave a statement that sounded like the rehab had a setback. I just remember everyone had the conspiracy theories going and then it was like "Yeah, actually I am just not healed yet".

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Lockback posted:

I like Chris Webber to tell stories or make funny observations when things are slow, but you should not expect to get good in-game breakdown from him. He should be a 3rd guy. And Marv is getting old and is also a sexual assaulter from back when that wasn't a big deal.

Somehow I didn't know about this and also he was fired by NBC at the time. How the gently caress does he have a job now?

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lockback posted:

Marv Albert is clearly neurosyphilitic now, just like Gamelin was, and TNT will follow in France’s footsteps and ignore it until it bites them in the rear end, except maybe literally this time.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Marv got lucky that his story got boiled down to "wearing women's underwear" and "biting," so people remember it as "he was a sex freak" and not "he sexually assaulted multiple women"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It wasn't consensual?

• Locked thread