Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Kennedy, Trixie, and Bendela were amazing this week. So loving glad Milk got sent home, but clearly it didn't result in a single second of self-awareness. That wasn't just unfunny, it was loving unprofessional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I've been talking with a member of the Drag Race expanded universe (not a queen but if you're familiar with the scene outside the show you probably know their name) who says that Milk isn't like that at all usually. They're baffled, and posited that maybe it was a gambit for more screen time, which might have worked on a regular season but it's suicide on All-Stars. And even still, why ignore the brief for the challenge and repeatedly do the one thing Michelle said not to do? Total mystery. Good riddance.

Ben and Kennedy ate that for breakfast and Trixie was so good. If I were she I'd be loving furious. That challenge was right up her alley, too.

Chi Chi's character was actually interesting and funny. If only she hadn't lost her noive.

Season continues to deliver. Why can't it be next week already?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

disappointing to see Milk have the full heel turn this season. she was one of my faves from season six and her muscle suit pre-show photo made me excited for more weird looks. but everything she delivered was prosaic, low concept glam, with worse execution. a real shame, given how sort of "dangerous" all her ideas in s6 felt.

hopefully now she takes all the "milk has gone sour" and "looks like milk has turned" jokes with her out the door.

god drat bendela! has anyone else had such a run at the start of a season before? thats top in every challenge, including reading is fundamental. she definitely feels set up for a massive shock fall sometime soon, or a spiteful strategic elimination. ps mama ru: i miss the mini challenges. give us some more!

chi chi has a bit of a nerves attack but dayumn i thought her runway tonight was the best she looked all season. she also got lumbered with one of the harder characters, but definitely felt out of her depth in improv.

oh and while im there: this ep wasn't shangelas finest hour. her old fierce trait of talking smack and pot-stirring came up again. love some shangela, especially because she is talkin alliances and trying to explore strategy in a show that generally tries to avoid it, but probably needs to chill out on that in the workroom.

i adore adore adore trixie and this should have been her week. unfortunately milk's brainless nonsense screwed her over. i liked trixie's runway looks a lot though.

cant wait for snatch game! who will bebe be? will ben top her last outing? will aja continue to impress?

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman was probably one of the better quest judges. He brought the quips.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

random thoughts:
  • We could play a "Trixie is right" drinking game with her talking heads and get good and sloppy every week.
  • I really don't need to see Ben agonize over sending girls home if she's gonna do it every week. It's far better for everyone if you make your choice, own it, and be done. No one will think you're a bitch for playing the game by the rules.
  • Poor Chi Chi. Having to do a comedy challenge against three of the biggest comedy queens in the history of the show when you're already feeling fragile? I get why she crumbled. But seriously girl: when in doubt, dick jokes.
  • speaking of, for Kennedy to be indignant about a penis and then go and play ratchet in the maxi challenge? Girl, one of those things is far more offensive and hurtful to a community of people than the other. I don't begrudge her performance because it was really funny and very drag in its political incorrectness, but come on
  • This runway provided some of the best judging banter in a long time.
  • But when Michelle told Ben she was waiting for her to drop the ball, and NO ONE made a tuck joke? :nono:
  • I feel like this song was very Lorde-specific and so Ben and Kennedy were always gonna have trouble selling it because that's not a persona either of them can tap into. Kennedy's grande dame diva look and movements were totally wrong for a song about a drunk girl raging about heartbreak. Ben's look was wrong too but her facial expressions seemed closer to the mood of the song, though she made a serious miscalculation when she tried (and failed) to dance with much-too-heavy hair.
  • Are Delta and Raven still doing Ru's hair and makeup? If they are, they cracked the code because I thought Ru looked great tonight. It also helps that the dress was gorgeous.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I pretty much agree with most of the posters here. Milk's had a hard villain edit but even if she wasn't being arrogant and shady, her performances and runways have all been weak af. It was pretty obvious to me that Milk was going home after Kennedy slayed the Bitchelor challenge, what with the feud between Milk and Kennedy starting at the beginning of the ep.

That was a fun maxi challenge. Lipsynch was boring, not a good song choice.

Shangela's corn outfit was amazing, I think she'd have been in the top if Chi Chi gave her more to play off of in the Bitchelor.

I'm guessing Chi Chi, Aja, or Bebe go home next week. None of them are great actors. Chi Chi's been in the bottom each week, maybe she gets over her self-sabotage but it's going to be hard to compete with Trixie, Shangela, and Kennedy in Snatch Game. Aja has been hit or miss and acting/comedy challenges seem to be her weakness. Bebe has been middle of the pack and sort of in the background, to me it feels like her weakness is she isn't willing to get out of her comfort zone. She sticks mostly with Africa/Cameroon themes and characters. If she wants to do well in Snatch Game I think she has to be willing to get raunchy and come on strong instead of playing demure.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

I've never been impressed with Ben's non-camp lip syncs. I am not convinced she's throwing them.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

If she pulls Milk's name out of her tit at the beginning of next week's episode she definitely threw it

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
How soon until Miss Terminally Delightful is bribing fellow contestants with $10k via PayPal to stay in the game?

I have loved Aja since she was a rumor on Reddit so she can do no wrong for me, but honestly, her improv was leaps and bounds since 9021-ho. Her runway was spectacular.

When someone asks, "How's your head?" HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THE CORRECT RESPONSE.

LOL @ Marc Jacobs being on the show next week, Milk bye.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Whoo! What a week.

Come through arbitrary bottom 3 instead of bottom two! Makes sense though - if the Divas challenge was any indication Dela, Trixie, Shangela, and maybe Bebe have plot armor, and everybody else is non-essential.

Part of me is definitely looking forward to Kennedy taking a bunch of flak for eliminating Milk. While I'm not unhappy to see her gone, everybody there knows that she was not the weakest queen in that challenge and it was purely a spite elimination, and Kennedy spouting off this claim that it was about the performance in the challenge is total bunk.

Also something I noticed, is while Shangela was desperately trying to drag Chichi's lifeless corpse through that challenge, she also messed up her own role pretty badly. I didn't get the impression that her character was more into Chichi than the bachelor once in the entire production.
If Milk hadn't flubbed that up so badly and stepped on Trixie I think it would have been a bottom two with just Aja and Chichi, because Shangie was next up.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Poulpe posted:

Whoo! What a week.

Come through arbitrary bottom 3 instead of bottom two! Makes sense though - if the Divas challenge was any indication Dela, Trixie, Shangela, and maybe Bebe have plot armor, and everybody else is non-essential.

Part of me is definitely looking forward to Kennedy taking a bunch of flak for eliminating Milk. While I'm not unhappy to see her gone, everybody there knows that she was not the weakest queen in that challenge and it was purely a spite elimination, and Kennedy spouting off this claim that it was about the performance in the challenge is total bunk.

Also something I noticed, is while Shangela was desperately trying to drag Chichi's lifeless corpse through that challenge, she also messed up her own role pretty badly. I didn't get the impression that her character was more into Chichi than the bachelor once in the entire production.
If Milk hadn't flubbed that up so badly and stepped on Trixie I think it would have been a bottom two with just Aja and Chichi, because Shangie was next up.

I don't think it was purely a spite elimination. If you go based on all the episodes so far, Chi Chi has been in the bottom every time and should have gone. If you choose just based on this ep, Chi Chi or Milk were both reasonable picks based on poor performance. Milk has been very meh, Aja at least has made top two.

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
Yeah, I think Aja just had a bad week, so the only reason for her to have gone was out of pure strategy. I think it was really between ChiChi who has failed every challenge, but at least she’s trying, or Milk who has been slowly sinking, but doesn’t see where things went wrong. (Milk should have been in the bottom last week as well though...)

The question remains on how Snatch Game is gonna go next week because Dela’s Maggie Smith was perfection, and Kennedy won with her Little Richard. How are they gonna top their previous performances?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Miz Kriss posted:

Yeah, I think Aja just had a bad week, so the only reason for her to have gone was out of pure strategy. I think it was really between ChiChi who has failed every challenge, but at least she’s trying, or Milk who has been slowly sinking, but doesn’t see where things went wrong. (Milk should have been in the bottom last week as well though...)

The question remains on how Snatch Game is gonna go next week because Dela’s Maggie Smith was perfection, and Kennedy won with her Little Richard. How are they gonna top their previous performances?

I was really impressed with Kennedy in Bitchelor this week. She doesn't consider herself a comedy/acting queen and it's not something she'd do in her own regular performances, but drat can she ham it up when asked to.

I want Aja to do Valentina. For reals. That could be hilarious.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
I'm just blown away by how perfect Ben has been this season. I knew she was amazing in her season and I remember being colossally peeved when Darienne Lake of all people sent her home. (Oh boy another week of frumpy dress sidekick!)

I really hope this season isn't just a repeat performance for her!

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005

Sarcopenia posted:

Jeffrey Bowyer-Chapman was probably one of the better quest judges. He brought the quips.

Killed the challenge and the runway. I may actually check out the show Unreal because of this.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I think Milk might be set up as a returning villain/revenge queen. She's definitely got the villain edit, a feud with Kennedy, and was eliminated right before the Marc Jacobs episode.

At least one queen is going to return, I'd like to see more of Mergan McMerchels but I think it's gonna be Milk.

Merrill
Dec 30, 2008

Challenged by gravity
Fun Shoe

Miz Kriss posted:

I don't think it's fair to say Chi Chi failed every challenge - her Patti Labelle was good. I don't think she deserved to be in the bottom last week.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
At least Chi Chi had a good moment with "you wanna have my baaaaby?". Milk was just cringeworthy the whole way through. Side note, Milk's getting a Phi Phi-lite arc minus any gagworthy moments.

Pellisworth posted:

I want Aja to do Valentina. For reals. That could be hilarious.

I better start planning my funeral in case this happens, because I would surely die.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

just wanna say this is a really fantastic and enjoyable season so far, and there is justice in this world. i feel like everyone who's been kicked off has absolutely deserved it. there's no one left that i hate though, so it's gonna be tough now

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Next week should be interesting. Bebe is the only queen there who has never done Snatch Game.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

esperterra posted:

Next week should be interesting. Bebe is the only queen there who has never done Snatch Game.

Ahem, #JusticeForTrixie

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Green Light is a loving amazing song :colbert:

It's an automatic win to do the signature Lorde dance which totally fits Dela but she definitely threw it. I don't know why Kennedy took it there.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pellisworth posted:

I was really impressed with Kennedy in Bitchelor this week. She doesn't consider herself a comedy/acting queen and it's not something she'd do in her own regular performances, but drat can she ham it up when asked to.

Well, that's the thing. Kennedy did very well. But Kennedy didn't do her assigned character. She was way more off in terms of character than Aja was.

What Kennedy knew though is that Ru absolutely lives for a ghetto character. If a queen does a ghetto character even somewhat competently, then they are usually guaranteed a win. The second Kennedy stepped out of that limo, before she even spoke, I thought to myself, "Well, there it is, Kennedy has the win."

Jeffrey Bower Chapman is easily the most attractive man to ever appear on Drag Race. Jesus.

And Marc Jacobs is totally going to throw some shade next week at Kennedy for eliminating his best friend.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

jeffrey chapman's hair was absolutely incredible and he's my husband now

THS
Sep 15, 2017

not looking forward to the nancy pelosi episode

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.

Merrill posted:

I don't think it's fair to say Chi Chi failed every challenge - her Patti Labelle was good. I don't think she deserved to be in the bottom last week.

You’re right. Milk should have been in the bottom that week. I’m sorry.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Poulpe posted:

I'm just blown away by how perfect Ben has been this season. I knew she was amazing in her season and I remember being colossally peeved when Darienne Lake of all people sent her home. (Oh boy another week of frumpy dress sidekick!)

I really hope this season isn't just a repeat performance for her!

Darienne Lake is really loving funny though. She absolutely stole the show from everyone on last year's live tour.

I think Shangela dropped the ball in the challenge by allowing Chi Chi to come apart. I know you are not supposed to carry your partner but she did nothing to help Chi Chi land any jokes and she ended looking worse off because of that. I don't understand why she didn't try to be more encouraging and work out some material ahead of time to fall back on.

Milk seems to be just burning all goodwill the fanbase had for her. When she started defending Thorgy and said she should have stayed instead, that's when I knew the bitch is full on delusional.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

[*]speaking of, for Kennedy to be indignant about a penis and then go and play ratchet in the maxi challenge? Girl, one of those things is far more offensive and hurtful to a community of people than the other. I don't begrudge her performance because it was really funny and very drag in its political incorrectness, but come on
I didn't get the sense that she was indignant because it was offensive. I think she was pissed because it was the pinnacle of bratty bitchass sore-loserdom and a breach of established Drag Race protocol. Go out throwing shade, sure, but it's tacky af to go out throwing bombs (or dicks) at the person who eliminated you. And Kennedy and Shangela are friends, and we know Kennedy's loyal.

I'm curious about her reaction to Milk's lipstick exit. Whooboy.

spite house fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 10, 2018

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Darienne was a LFSYL assassin. I still go back to their first battle because she was so. good.

Ben has really improved since then, but I really want to see Ben win with a more "standard" song. I expect it's coming.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

What an amazing episode. Glad Milk is gone and can't wait for Snatch Game! :yayclod:

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Poulpe posted:

Part of me is definitely looking forward to Kennedy taking a bunch of flak for eliminating Milk. While I'm not unhappy to see her gone, everybody there knows that she was not the weakest queen in that challenge and it was purely a spite elimination...

I don't think it will be an issue. Everyone seemed pretty unhappy with Milk and Kennedy explicitly said that she considered performance on and off camera. It was a spite elim to be sure, but I don't think anyone has questions as to why Milk was taken out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Besides, it's not like they all agreed to do it the lame-rear end way AS2 did it. Ben is pretty much the only one acting like eliminating based on judge's critiques is the way to do it.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Bliggers- posted:

Milk seems to be just burning all goodwill the fanbase had for her. When she started defending Thorgy and said she should have stayed instead, that's when I knew the bitch is full on delusional.

Sprinkled with that story of how Milk stalked his boyfriend online :stare:

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Somebody needs to come out for a LSFYL with a mask over their mouth and a hand puppet of Valentina doing the lip sync.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
If you'd asked me before the season, I would've said I would like to see Morgan go first (I didn't really care about her back in S2 or on Drag U, so), then Thorgy. After that I would probably have said Aja, but Milk really shuffled herself to the top of the "get out" list over the last two weeks, and Aja has definitely shuffled herself down, though I don't know how far when I have other favorites still in the game.

I was so excited for Milk because she was one of the queens I most remembered for being dangerous or unpredictable with her looks, and her muscle suit in the promo had me hyped for more. Then the two unpredictable things she did were to wear a jar of peanut butter with her Celine Dion mess, and have turned into a completely arrogant and out-of-touch bitch. Crying when safe, thinking that she should've been in the top when she actually should've been in the bottom. drat. Good riddance.

And the way she got on Kennedy and then immediately had this happen? That was maybe the most satisfying thing I've seen on this show in forever. When they asked if Kennedy was going to have one-on-ones with the girls, I half expected her to just say "It's Milk."

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Bliggers- posted:

I think Shangela dropped the ball in the challenge by allowing Chi Chi to come apart. I know you are not supposed to carry your partner but she did nothing to help Chi Chi land any jokes and she ended looking worse off because of that. I don't understand why she didn't try to be more encouraging and work out some material ahead of time to fall back on.
I dunno, I thought there were several points where Shangela was clearly giving Chi Chi space to drop a line, or asking her a question as a prompt. It seemed like Chi Chi just didn't have anything to pull out there.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Stroop There It Is posted:

I dunno, I thought there were several points where Shangela was clearly giving Chi Chi space to drop a line, or asking her a question as a prompt. It seemed like Chi Chi just didn't have anything to pull out there.

I agree, the entire setup they came up with was arranged so that Shangela could do the heavy lifting and Chi Chi just had to play dumb!
I love drag race.

gays fashion
Dec 28, 2012

Shangela and Chi Chi were also given the weakest characters to play, in my opinion. Shangela's snorkeling and glasses gags were funny though, and I'm surprised Trixie was top three instead of her given that the material we saw from her wasn't great. Kennedy and BenDeLa killed it though, they totally deserve the win.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Shneak posted:

Green Light is a loving amazing song :colbert:

It can be a great song but still suck for lip syncs, which it does. poo poo was dull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Nihonniboku posted:

Well, that's the thing. Kennedy did very well. But Kennedy didn't do her assigned character. She was way more off in terms of character than Aja was.

What Kennedy knew though is that Ru absolutely lives for a ghetto character. If a queen does a ghetto character even somewhat competently, then they are usually guaranteed a win. The second Kennedy stepped out of that limo, before she even spoke, I thought to myself, "Well, there it is, Kennedy has the win."

I thought Kennedy nailed "party girl" just fine. She picked an interpretation of "party girl" which appealed to Ru and was also hilarious. You can't say she didn't rock that challenge, I think it's unfair to say she won because she played a ghetto character. She won because she played ghetto black party girl hilariously well.

• Locked thread