Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Shiki Dan posted:

What's the main differences between the PS3 and PS4 versions of UNIST?

Is it like GGXrd where the PS3 version has a ton of extra stage lag?
Wanna give the game a honest try, and the PS3 version being half the price of the PS4 version makes it pretty attractive but I wanna make sure it's a decent port.

I played UNIEL on PS3 and there was no stage lag or anything so I doubt there's any difference. Pretty sure there's cross-play too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MVCI taken off capcom pro tour. Rip in peace

https://compete.kotaku.com/marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-won-t-be-on-the-capcom-pro-1822883639

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont think it ever was on the pro tour, battle of stones was different/separate iirc due to the game launching 2 months before capcom cup finals

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Ono likes making instruction manuals

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
new snk heroines gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYOj3h1yK9c

you can switch between different costumes

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Pomp posted:

I hope Capcom likes making Pachinko machines

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

When are they gonna make the lazy spin-off, Street Fighter V Survive, then?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I feel like the laziest cash grab would be remaking SF2 with the SF4 models in SFV’S environment and like 2 new stages but typing that out makes me realize that’s too much work for them.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Dave posted:

I feel like the laziest cash grab would be remaking SF2 with the SF4 models in SFV’S environment and like 2 new stages but typing that out makes me realize that’s too much work for them.

Actually it would be charging 40 dollars for a worse version of HD remix

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Honestly I think Capcom is about to enter fighting game hibernation mode again. They're probably just gonna support SFV for a while, drop MVCI like it's hot and just put out compilations/remakes.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Dias posted:

Honestly I think Capcom is about to enter fighting game hibernation mode again. They're probably just gonna support SFV for a while, drop MVCI like it's hot and just put out compilations/remakes.
Capcom are in a strange place. Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are selling like things that sell really well, while their fighting game work is falling flat at best (with the inexplicable exception of that Switch SF2 port) and they recently laid off a hefty chunk of the Dead Rising studio. I suspect their output will become less diversified over the coming few years...

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Genie Pants Nakoruru is extremely good

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

good

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The Kins posted:

Capcom are in a strange place. Resident Evil and Monster Hunter are selling like things that sell really well, while their fighting game work is falling flat at best (with the inexplicable exception of that Switch SF2 port) and they recently laid off a hefty chunk of the Dead Rising studio. I suspect their output will become less diversified over the coming few years...

The most recent MH and RE games have been vastly improved and Very Good so I support junking the poo poo they obviously cannot get right (Dead Rising, fighting games) for a long while and focusing on good poo poo like Monster Hunter updates, REmake2, and possibly Devil May Cry 5. They'll be missed less now that Namco/ArcSys/NRS and even SNK are all actively putting out great content.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Dias posted:

Can't wait for that Street Fighter 1 2 3 Alpha compilation!

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
DO NOT DISRESPECT LEONA WITH THAT CAT COSTUME!!!

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Kikkoman posted:

Can't wait for that Street Fighter 1 2 3 Alpha compilation!

it's coming to steam and ps4 this year

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think maybe video games are too horny

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pomp posted:

I think maybe video games are too horny

You ever see a movie before? poo poo is wild

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sex exists? lol, nice horny, snk

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

The Kins posted:

Odd how two games that feel like genuine efforts to make fully featured games are the ones getting warm receptions.

OTOH RE7 still failed to hit sales goals so Capcom may eventually get to the same math Konami did and just become a publisher.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mango sentinel posted:

Odd how two games that feel like genuine efforts to make fully featured games are the ones getting warm receptions.

OTOH RE7 still failed to hit sales goals so Capcom may eventually get to the same math Konami did and just become a publisher.

Konami has 2 or 3 other businesses outside of console software that made the low profit margin of aaa games look like something they could do without. Capcom doesnt, but also i think they arent in as bad a shape as people say. Their fgs are dire but they are making them so cheaply that they probably make money

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

I was gonna say that new Leona outfit is boss as hell, then I saw the bottom half.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Real hurthling! posted:

Konami has 2 or 3 other businesses outside of console software that made the low profit margin of aaa games look like something they could do without. Capcom doesnt, but also i think they arent in as bad a shape as people say. Their fgs are dire but they are making them so cheaply that they probably make money

A reminder that apparently "someone in the know" said that Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite's budget was half the amount of a Season of Street Fighter V.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

The Kins posted:

Resident Evil 7 was one of the worst selling games in the franchise so I don't think RE is doing too hot despite 7 being a critical success. The only thing they have besides that are the Switch ports of Revelations.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

RE7 looked so weird to me than once I saw some of Aris playing it, I lost all interest completely.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

RE7 was good.

In my seemingly never-ending quest to make my stick work in a convenient way, after changing stuff in steam to make it work but having to use big picture mode for it, apparently now even when I'm not in big picture mode my computer reads inputs from my stick as weird buttons and poo poo?

If I press L2 it right clicks, for example. I didn't set it to do any of this crap, and I can't seem to turn it off. I can't figure this poo poo out and it's really frustrating.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Re7 did great numbers for a survival horror and crap numbers for an action game. The last decade of re has been action games so the shift probably threw some people who dont like spooky puzzle games as much as zombie supplex simulators

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Ryoga posted:

I was gonna say that new Leona outfit is boss as hell, then I saw the bottom half.

Heidern on the streets
Hoedern in the sheets

Jack Ratigan
Jan 26, 2005

...Ok

FanaticalMilk posted:

Resident Evil 7 was one of the worst selling games in the franchise so I don't think RE is doing too hot despite 7 being a critical success. The only thing they have besides that are the Switch ports of Revelations.

It's actually dead center at number 7 out of 14 resident evils, and capcoms 12th best selling game of all time.

Seems ok to me.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its cool that no matter who u pick u can be horny on main

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I like that everyone but Leona looks utterly ashamed to be there

I assume she is also ashamed but is just too stoic to let it show

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

RE7 looked so weird to me than once I saw some of Aris playing it, I lost all interest completely.

I was not too into it but at least they tried something new

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Jack Ratigan posted:

It's actually dead center at number 7 out of 14 resident evils, and capcoms 12th best selling game of all time.

Seems ok to me.

Didn't the game have a relatively low budget too? At least compared to the other Resident Evils.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

punk rebel ecks posted:

Didn't the game have a relatively low budget too? At least compared to the other Resident Evils.

The scope of the game is pretty narrow with small environments that you backtrack a lot and much of the games assets were supposedly created with 3d imaging of real objects instead of traditional cg art but idk if thats cheaper.

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005

Zand posted:

it's coming to steam and ps4 this year

And Switch! Although I did buy one of the KOF ports to see how it felt and I did not enjoy it at all. Probably gonna end up getting it on PS4 since that's where I tend to play FG the most.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

much of the games assets were supposedly created with 3d imaging of real objects instead of traditional cg art but idk if thats cheaper.

Being that Capcom did the same thing with Resident Evil 4 well over a decade ago, I imagine it is with today's technology.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

Crocoswine posted:

I like that everyone but Leona looks utterly ashamed to be there

I assume she is also ashamed but is just too stoic to let it show

A true professional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

A true professional.

Leona has a mission and she'll do it regardless of the equipment provided. Support anime troops.

snk heroines looks kinda bad

shantae nakoruru is strong tho