Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They're still wrong because it's releasing in Fall 2018.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Actias posted:

Hey, don't forget the time that Rita and Estelle adopted a baby together. Pic swiped from the LP:

Bonus: art for Yuri's MA in Tales of the Rays:

ETA: if I'm getting into Rays MA art, I'd be remiss not to include this one:

And to bring it back around to the original question:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. How are these art for MAs?

Actias
Oct 9, 2012

Chaotic Flame posted:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. How are these art for MAs?

Because it's a gacha game baiting you to spend real money to see a picture in your inventory that anyone can see on the internet for free. The attack animation when you actually use the MA is entirely unrelated.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I missed some Neptunia talk but: the biggest disappointment for me about the Nep series is that people always describe it in terms of the characters based on video games and the console war, but that entire angle is purely a surface-level hook and has no thought put into any of it. Like sure, the four nations are based on console companies and the characters are each supposed to be a console, but that's literally as far as the analogy goes. You could rename Nep to Neo and Historia to Morpheus and suddenly the game is a Matrix parody and has about as much to do with the movie as the current series does with video games.

Also someone asked if it was a pervert series for perverts: yes, absolutely, and anyone saying otherwise is having a severe case of selective memory. I'm pretty well-versed in weird Japanese poo poo but there was a part in one of the two games in the series that I played that still managed to weird me out.

In the series, one of the main plot points is transforming, and usually when you transform your anime tiddies get way bigger, and so a topic of conversation that happens all the time all the time all the time is comparing anime tiddy sizes. One character prides herself on having the biggest anime tiddies and constantly lords it over everyone, and then gets mad when a new character is introduced with bigger anime tiddies. One character has very small anime tiddies and they don't get any bigger when transforming and she constantly has anime tiddy envy. When a new character transforms for the first time, every other character will eventually have a full conversation with them about their anime tiddy quality in this transformed state. Most of this is pretty standard ecchi stuff. But, in Rebirth 3, you travel to an alternate dimension that is also in the past, and you meet the baby versions of three characters. After a time skip or two, the three characters are now about twelve or so, and in the Neptunia universe they are now up for joining into the anime tiddy size comparison discussions. I don't even want to type out the basis of all the conversations that happen, but basically every character gets to have their own thoughts about the anime tiddy size of each of the twelve year olds, particularly when one of them gains the ability to transform and ends up having the biggest anime tiddies of any character in the game. So yeah, game's gross.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the game does sound gross as you describe it but i find your use of tiddy even grosser

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Snooze Cruise posted:

the game does sound gross as you describe it but i find your use of tiddy even grosser

Sorry friend, it is a meme and it helps me to keep an emotional distance by shielding me in irony. I tried typing that up using different terminology but felt creepy and so deciding upon that after two other passes

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiYhMyRJicc

This is tangentially relevant but also, I sincerely believe, a net good.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

at least say "bewbies" like an adult

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Really Pants posted:

at least say "bewbies" like an adult

its spelled bebe's, as in "bebe's kids"

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Sorry friend, it is a meme and it helps me to keep an emotional distance by shielding me in irony. I tried typing that up using different terminology but felt creepy and so deciding upon that after two other passes

You failed. Go back and delete that last paragraph, please.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
When you write "anime tiddies" it makes you sound like a pedo, dude

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

memes are a dark power not to be wielded by novices

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i don't support ironically distancing yourself from things

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

irony in general is pretty tiresome and obnoxious, especially now that it has to be omnipresent everywhere

with trails of cold steel 2 coming out soon, is there a good recap of 1 anywhere? i'm getting close to finishing up 3rd I think. i was a little surprised to see characters from CS in it since it came out six years prior.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

GulagDolls posted:

memes are a dark power not to be wielded by novices

i accidentally wrote tiddy in my magical circle and summoned Shub-Niggurath please help

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The Colonel posted:

i don't support ironically distancing yourself from things

But this is one of my key coping skills that help me from succumbing to the darkness of our current geopolitical situation

that and cymbalta

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Feb 10, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GulagDolls posted:

irony in general is pretty tiresome and obnoxious, especially now that it has to be omnipresent everywhere

with trails of cold steel 2 coming out soon, is there a good recap of 1 anywhere? i'm getting close to finishing up 3rd I think. i was a little surprised to see characters from CS in it since it came out six years prior.

do a recap like a pro, burn through all of cold steel getting 100% on nightmare with 20x turbo

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

But this is one of my key coping skills that help me from succumbing to the darkness of our current geopolitical situation

that and cymbalta

If you continue going down that route, we all will soon need irony as a key coping skill to help us from succumbing to the darkness of your posts

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

Get this: C, the terrorist dude in CS1, had their character written when FC/SC were being made.

Anyway CS2 features an option in the title menu to read some recaps of different things in CS1. You should also take a moment to read this story that takes place after Chapter 6 in CS1. (Don't go anywhere else on this site as it contains ~spoilers~)

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i tried irony once and i realized it just made me feel bad so i stopped

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
irony is the only way i can get through the day and also avoid spelling the word breasts

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I tried irony once, but I was pretty rusty.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

then the animes fight over who has the biggest hatchi matchies

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean persona 4 has reams of dialogue about the size of a 15 year old girl's breasts and that game won an oscar or something

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

irony is the only way i can get through the day and also avoid spelling the word breasts

big anomie tiddese

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Endorph posted:

i mean persona 4 has reams of dialogue about the size of a 15 year old girl's breasts and that game won an oscar or something

Oh, okay, that means that it wasn't creepy, nevermind, my bad

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why wasnt the neptunia anime nominated for an annie

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

anemone teddies

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Endorph posted:

I can't even begin to guess at what point you're trying to make here

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Terper posted:

Get this: C, the terrorist dude in CS1, had their character written when FC/SC were being made.

Anyway CS2 features an option in the title menu to read some recaps of different things in CS1. You should also take a moment to read this story that takes place after Chapter 6 in CS1. (Don't go anywhere else on this site as it contains ~spoilers~)

thank you

The Colonel posted:

do a recap like a pro, burn through all of cold steel getting 100% on nightmare with 20x turbo

no thank you!!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

big annie titles

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

the neptunia anime should have been nominated for an annie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

there literally isnt one

alternatively, what gulagdolls said

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Oh, I thought it was an extension of your post where you tried to deflect my criticism of Neptunia for sexualizing twelve-year-olds because Persona 4 also sexualized a minor

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe Persona 4 is the only video game to ever get the complete EGOT.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Oh, I thought it was an extension of your post where you tried to deflect my criticism of Neptunia for sexualizing twelve-year-olds because Persona 4 also sexualized a minor
idk why you want me to square up here, neptunia has some dumb and bad poo poo in it. i agree?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Well, neither Persona 4 nor 5 will be winning a GLAAD

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

corn in the bible posted:

Well, neither Persona 4 nor 5 will be winning a GLAAD

There is a follow up here I could make with GLaDOS, like being the host of the awards or something, to keep it up with being video game related, but I am having a real hard time getting it to fit together.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

I am having a real hard time getting it to fit together.
just like the developers of persona 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Endorph posted:

Award worthy.