Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

DeimosRising posted:

How could anyone possibly be interested in this

Following in the Kardashians footsteps, the Ball family does anything and everything they can to get attention. It doesn’t matter if anyone listens to it, it got you to think about the Ball family. Success.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lonzo Ball is a loving tool

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Ah yes, cause Lonzo is the only young NBA player to release music in the past 5 years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EtGZ86NVcw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcnKq8xGfn4

:thunk:

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Feb 10, 2018

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
He’s still a trick rear end fool

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Cool Buff Man posted:

Joe Johnson fuckin sucks now
Honestly not sure why Houston is signing 11th and 12th guys when Dan Tony won't play more than 9, when all our wings were back Green was rotting on the bench

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/UtahJazzPR/status/962397245764087810
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/962400002948648960

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

putting the surgery thing there is almost like thats why they want to bring rose in. like hey can you tell wall what its like to have your career ruined by injury

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I guess Papa John thought he was getting traded to Cleveland but Cleveland didn't want his contract. Also Papa John thought the G-League was a waste of his time.

:lol:

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Dexo posted:

Ah yes, cause Lonzo is the only young NBA player to release music in the past 5 years.

I don't think anyone is laughing just because "NBA music." Those song titles look like the track list a middle schooler comes up with during class while daydreaming of being a famous rapper.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Quizzlefish posted:

Yes. Two all stars is a lot for that performance but they are a good team. They aren't many games away from a much higher seed..

Over half the teams in the league make the playoffs, and it's split up by conference so there have been years where like the 18th best team in the league have made the playoffs. If your standard for good is "mediocre" well, I mean I guess that's fine, everyone has different standards.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Dexo posted:

What does this have to be with Lonzo being a goddamn tool?

Also Olidipo actually has some pipes, shame the song sucks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ahh yes, now that the Wizards have been playing their best basketball with John Wall gone (and passing better than they have all year) they should definitely add Derrick Rose to put a complete stop to it

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I've been thinking about the movement of players when their contract is up. Someone posted on Twitter when IT got traded that players are just pieces to the FO and we shouldn't be mad when a player makes a choice. I can't think of a time where a good player signs with another team and doesn't take heat. I was mostly thinking of KD and LeBron. What if KD wasn't a corny motherfucker talking about "the hard road"? What if he straight up said, "I want a ring and the Warriors are the best place to do that"? What if LeBron never did the Decision and quietly moved to Miami? I think there'd still be heat but the Heat were the villains of the team until their final year.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Ben Simmons is not an all star and isn't better than any of the players that are

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cleveland asked Rose to do the things he's bad at. I actually think Scott Brooks is pretty good at avoiding that. Even with that said I think there are some pretty good guards in the G-league this year that I'd take a look at first.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elotana posted:

Honestly not sure why Houston is signing 11th and 12th guys when Dan Tony won't play more than 9, when all our wings were back Green was rotting on the bench

Wright at least make some sense. Presumably Nene can avoid any back to backs at all now and the bigs have been fighting injuries all season

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lonzo Ball is a loving tool

He's not the sharpest one in the drawer either. Can we petition Elon Musk to fire Lonzo and the K****s into the sun?

edit- it shows up blank for me, I've got a K*** filter haha

Metapod posted:

Ben Simmons is not an all star and isn't better than any of the players that are

He's got some very smooth moves, he's good.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Rick posted:

Cleveland asked Rose to do the things he's bad at. I actually think Scott Brooks is pretty good at avoiding that. Even with that said I think there are some pretty good guards in the G-league this year that I'd take a look at first.

You should be made to watch endless Derek-Fisher-in-the-postseason-for-the-Thunder videos for suggesting this.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

BallisticClipboard posted:

I've been thinking about the movement of players when their contract is up. Someone posted on Twitter when IT got traded that players are just pieces to the FO and we shouldn't be mad when a player makes a choice. I can't think of a time where a good player signs with another team and doesn't take heat. I was mostly thinking of KD and LeBron. What if KD wasn't a corny motherfucker talking about "the hard road"? What if he straight up said, "I want a ring and the Warriors are the best place to do that"? What if LeBron never did the Decision and quietly moved to Miami? I think there'd still be heat but the Heat were the villains of the team until their final year.

You are right that we shouldn't be mad when players make a choice. Or at least by "we" I mean the collective, non-affiliated NBA fan.

I understand why a fan of a team would be mad at a player on their team chose to go somewhere else. Not only has a fan emotionally invested in a player, but in many cases players have told them things like "oh I'll never leave" etc etc, which may not be very realistic statements, but definitely cause people to get emotionally invested. It's absolutely understandable for scorned people to be angry.

I also get why people are angry at the decision, even if I think that anger is people catching the case of The Olds. Lebron did that whole thing in a very audacious manner. It definitely made me a angry for a while. But the honest answer for me is that along with The Olds, that anger was really pushed by an underlying bit of jealousy.

Which is really the motivation of such anger and why I understand it but think it's lame and something that should be worked past. Most of the time people are jealous/envious that KD didn't choose their team or that he chose a team they didn't like. So that's why even though logically everyone should be behind player freedom of choice, it's really hard to overcome that for some.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

tarbrush posted:

You should be made to watch endless Derek-Fisher-in-the-postseason-for-the-Thunder videos for suggesting this.

You should be made to look at the Thunder roster during that post season, and the advanced statistics, and have to then acknowledge that Derek Fisher was actually their second best player during that postseason, which, he was.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BallisticClipboard posted:

Durant left okc to go to a 73 win team with the first unanimous mvp that he had a 3-1 lead in the wcf and proceeded to choke the series away while hanging out with the warriors and waited till pretty much all free agents were signed away to announce his decision. A decision that he told long time teammates Russ and nick through text so no Durant changing one thing he said wouldn't have changed much at all. Also after he was signed he then proceeded to have his camp say it was russ's fault he left

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

what did cleveland ask rose to do that hes not good at(besides play basketball i guess)

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im more mad at kevin durant for obliterating what was setting up to be a really fun set of rivalries, and doing it by going to the team that was already more than likely going to win all of them? okc vs golden state was going to be a yearly great series, and the winner of that vs lebron would also be a great series every single year. instead we got the most boring playoffs ever and theres a decent chance that happens again.

and its really important to remember the team he left was fantastic, and had been almost his entire time with the team. he didnt leave a lovely team that fell apart after he left. he left a very, very good team to go to a slightly better one cause he didnt think he could beat them.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I want to add if he stayed Al horford was committed to sign too

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Why can't the Timberwolves beat bad teams? I do not understand. Who was on LaVine at the end of the game? Whose fault is this??

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Lebron and Durant are rightfully villified for their Miami / Golden State moves because they created anti-competitive environments in entire conferences.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

So what? The goal isn't to play in a competitive conference

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

OzFactor posted:

Why can't the Timberwolves beat bad teams? I do not understand. Who was on LaVine at the end of the game? Whose fault is this??

Jimmy G Buckets(The G stands for "got got") was

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron left a team that won 19 games the next season and never sniffed the playoffs in the east till he got back. kevin durant left a team that won 47 games the next year, made the playoffs and is going to be a perennial playoff team in the west without him.

the cavs best player once lebron left was uhhh 31 year old baron davis for 16 games? ramon sessions? the thunders best player without kd was the league mvp. seems like lebron just stopped propping up a non competitive team and kd actively torched a team that was good but not great without him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

what did cleveland ask rose to do that hes not good at(besides play basketball i guess)

Jumpers away from the rim, involvement off the ball, and tracking where players are if they're moving around. Rose is still decent at driving to the rim and kicking to players if he knows where they probably are.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Rick posted:

Jumpers away from the rim, involvement off the ball, and tracking where players are if they're moving around. Rose is still decent at driving to the rim and kicking to players if he knows where they probably are.

the cavs dont run a motion offense, i thought off the ball stuff was a made up reddit troll, and he shot the most shots in his career (41% vs a career average of 32% of his attempts) within 3 ft? none of that is true, basically.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Rick posted:

huh

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Libertine posted:

Lebron and Durant are rightfully villified for their Miami / Golden State moves because they created anti-competitive environments in entire conferences.

lebron didnt put money back into the pocket of a turbo capitalist tech bro piece of poo poo though

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I think the album cover's nice 🤷‍♀️ it's cute

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Intruder posted:

So what? The goal isn't to play in a competitive conference

My goal is to watch one though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Until LeBron dies, that's never going to be true

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Libertine posted:

The only reason to villify LeBron for that was that asinine Decision horseshit. He left the land of Comic Sans bitch memo. Durant molted into full bitch status by leaving OKC without having the balls to tell Russ or Collison beforehand. Just packed a cardboard suitcase and scrammed.

edit

AggressivelyStupid posted:

lebron didnt put money back into the pocket of a turbo capitalist tech bro piece of poo poo though

yeh

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Ghost Dog posted:

the cavs dont run a motion offense, i thought off the ball stuff was a made up reddit troll, and he shot the most shots in his career (41% vs a career average of 32% of his attempts) within 3 ft? none of that is true, basically.
You are right, I was just generally listing the things that Rose is bad at rather than what the Cavs were asking him to do. I guess my point is that I just think the Cavs need players that can do a bit more of what he couldn't do at all. E: or really I just wanted to defend Derek Rose a bit because I thought he was still okay in New York last year and would rather just blame the Cavs.

Rick fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 10, 2018

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
cAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY A TEAM TRADES FOR SOMEONE AND WAIVES THEM? cANT THEY JUST WAIVE THE DUDES THEY DIDNT WANT AND TRADED AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

cAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY A TEAM TRADES FOR SOMEONE AND WAIVES THEM? cANT THEY JUST WAIVE THE DUDES THEY DIDNT WANT AND TRADED AWAY IN THE FIRST PLACE?

the dudes they trade for and then waive are just there to make salaries work

• Locked thread