Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Next program to get shut down?
This poll is closed.
for the love of god please coach k 85 53.13%
Kansas 25 15.63%
Kentucky 21 13.13%
Some MVC team that no one cares about 29 18.13%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

i hate maryland

not emptyquoting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostOfMagellan
Mar 12, 2012
Fire Matt Painter into the loving sun.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Absolute chaos today in the Big XII.

Absolutely massive opportunity for TTU. Can take a sole lead on 1st place with a win tonight with space between them and OU.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

kayakyakr posted:

Absolute chaos today in the Big XII.

Absolutely massive opportunity for TTU. Can take a sole lead on 1st place with a win tonight with space between them and OU.

Help us Texas Tech, you’re our only hope.

ISU continues to own at home and suck on the road.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
News: :(

Views: Losing at home to an unranked team who by all accounts was going to be laughed out of the building might be the most UVA thing I've ever seen.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

Views: Losing at home to an unranked team who by all accounts was going to be laughed out of the building might be the most UVA thing I've ever seen.

Your offense will never be dependable.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
What a collapse. Loss has been coming though, really might've been better to get it out of the way in Tallahassee.

Still should win the ACC, would take at least a couple more losses to endanger the 1 seed. Learn lessons, move forward.

Crotch Bat posted:

Your offense will never be dependable.

Whose is this year? Even Villanova went cold midweek.

Bennett will never keep pace talentwise with Duke, UNC, et al. He's worked out a system that is amazingly productive, regardless. The price of that is the occasional fluke upset, which means lots of ACC regular season crowns, an occasional ACC title, and no Final fours. But that's a lot better than hovering around the middle of the conference and sweating the bubble every year.

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 11, 2018

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Good lord Tennessee got smoked by bama.

Auburn handles UGA, regains the game they let Tennessee make up with the midweek loss to A&M so nbd.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Baylor. Bitch

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
TTU!

Also drat, held KSU under 50 in their own house. That's salty.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
WTF is going on with Colorado State
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22396751/colorado-state-rams-suspend-interim-coach-steve-barnes

quote:

Colorado State suspended interim head coach Steve Barnes just hours before Saturday's Mountain West game, and assistant coach Jase Herl took his place, helping the team snap a seven-game losing streak with a 90-79 win over San Jose State.

Barnes took over on Feb. 3, when head coach Larry Eustachy was placed on administrative leave. Colorado State officials are trying to negotiate a walkaway package for Eustachy and don't intend to allow him to return, a source told ESPN's Mark Schlabach on Friday.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I think the interim was one of Eustachy's enablers

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

We're unranked but shouldn't be sneezed at. Probably a 7-8-9 seed unless we just absolutely implode over these last six games. I'd be pleased with winning three of them but we're likely to just get two, it's a tough stretch.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Kentucky gave up 59 second half points to Texas A&M, has lost three and a row and sits at .500 in the SEC with Auburn next on the schedule and Alabama, Florida and Mizzou, possibly with Michael Porter still to come.

They might just be an NIT team again.

I can only hope that means most of them come back and we have a team with talent and depth similar to the 38-1 team, but who am I kidding.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Lessail posted:

I think the interim was one of Eustachy's enablers

Is Eustachy drinking again?

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I didn't see Saturday's game, but have watched a bit of Virginia Tech.

I predicted earlier this year they were going to wreck somebody's life. They'll also get crushed in the ACC tournament because they'll completely forget they're good at this basketball thing. Buzz Williams can recruit and the Hokies are only guaranteed to lose one or two key players. If he can hang on to most of everyone else, they might be scary. That said, they might also fall flat on their face.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
News: NCAA tournament seeds released: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/11/17001312/ncaa-tournament-rankings-march-madness-villanova-virginia-duke

Views: Wow, Virginia #1 in the poll that actually matters and Michigan State is... 11th? That's freakin surprising. I don't think Michigan State should be #1, as the confused AP poll might accidentally put them tomorrow, but down in 11th? That's cold, dude.

Honestly, looking at the tournament seeds, it seems like they might have put it together before Saturday's games. Virginia 1, Purdue 3, Michigan State 11? I'll take any list which starts with Virginia, but that disparity between Purdue and Michigan State seems odd.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Kansas at 6 is a joke.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

News: NCAA tournament seeds released: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/11/17001312/ncaa-tournament-rankings-march-madness-villanova-virginia-duke

Views: Wow, Virginia #1 in the poll that actually matters and Michigan State is... 11th? That's freakin surprising. I don't think Michigan State should be #1, as the confused AP poll might accidentally put them tomorrow, but down in 11th? That's cold, dude.

Honestly, looking at the tournament seeds, it seems like they might have put it together before Saturday's games. Virginia 1, Purdue 3, Michigan State 11? I'll take any list which starts with Virginia, but that disparity between Purdue and Michigan State seems odd.

Purdue has a much better resume, minus the loss to Michigan State. But MSU should be a 6-7, probably.

Bird in a Blender posted:

He's throwing drinks at players again.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

The text says Purdue is 3, but the images below say they're 4. I'm inclined to believe the images since that's the only reason Purdue should be in the west regional instead of the midwest.

I'm annoyed with two brutal, last-possession losses this week, especially when we should have won both of those games, but I said three weeks ago:

Poque posted:

I have to tell myself that going 4-2 over the next six (vs UM, @ IU, vs MD, @ RUT, vs OSU, @ MSU) is okay, but the first conference loss is going to send me into a typical Purdue tailspin

We completed that 4-2 but as expected I'm annoyed about it. Hopefully we'll respond with ~19 straight wins again like the last time we lost two in a row this season.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Lmao I’m sitting in an airport watching the Duke game and I must’ve been making a stink face as the usual gently caress DUKE goes constantly through my head at all times and the dude sitting just below it not realizing The tv is above him though I was nuts and giving him the stink face.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

Chief McHeath posted:

Kentucky gave up 59 second half points to Texas A&M, has lost three and a row and sits at .500 in the SEC with Auburn next on the schedule and Alabama, Florida and Mizzou, possibly with Michael Porter still to come.

They might just be an NIT team again.

I can only hope that means most of them come back and we have a team with talent and depth similar to the 38-1 team, but who am I kidding.

Dw Cal loaded up on shooters already. My only issue is that he blue balled Moses Brown who was practically begging to come. Instead he is hoping for James Wiseman to reclass.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bird in a Blender posted:

We're going streaking!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

we have our first Dead Coach Walking of the year: Andy Kennedy is out at Ole Miss at the end of the year

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/JayBilas/status/963037973418860544

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Making eye contact and smiling is completely out of line. We don't need this blatant unsportsman like behavior in today's game.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
His first Tech in that game was for blocking a shot and being too athletic. He didn't even begin to point at anyone or yell or anything.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

Making eye contact and smiling is completely out of line. We don't need this blatant unsportsman like behavior in today's game.

Better yet, the ref who called the tech was at the halfcourt line so didn't even see the smile and could only assume eye contact was made.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Kibner posted:

Better yet, the ref who called the tech was at the halfcourt line so didn't even see the smile and could only assume eye contact was made.

I bet he cocked his head the wrong way... you know a totally disrespectful way. I can't explain it, but much like the ref I know it when I see it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Grittybeard posted:

His first Tech in that game was for blocking a shot and being too athletic. He didn't even begin to point at anyone or yell or anything.

He jumped so high he blocked it with his elbow. The king of college basketball.

FrankeeFrankFrank
Apr 21, 2005

Say word son.

Grittybeard posted:

So he was just asking for it all game it sounds like.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia backs assward into #1.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

elentar posted:

Virginia backs assward into #1.
I've drat near given myself sodium poisoning from drinking so many Michigan State tears.

Apparently you can do whatever you want with the rest of your season, but if you beat Indiana, Iowa and Purdue by a combined 9 points, whew, stand back everyone, big deal coming through.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Why exactly is this #1 ranking is more important than any other mid-season ranking? Is it just because it's UVA's first time at #1 in a poll or something?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Duke/UNC/Kansas/Kentucky fan spotted

C411
Jun 22, 2004
STUPID
DICK
It's important for Virginia fans because it's been 30+ years and the committee kept putting them in Michigan States region for like 3 straight years, I get it

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Poque posted:

Duke/UNC/Kansas/Kentucky fan spotted

I'm honestly asking. I haven't been following NCAA basketball as closely these last couple of years and knew that a new poll was introduced and didn't know if things started to count earlier or not now.

It's awesome for your team to hit #1, and it really wasn't meant to be a backhanded comment.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As a Kansas fan I know that the #1 ranking is the kiss of death that is immediately followed by falling to like UC Santa Barbara or some poo poo.

edit: like falling to Miami and going on a two game skid. That's prime #1 poo poo right there. All I'm saying is look out.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 12, 2018

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

vikingstrike posted:

I'm honestly asking. I haven't been following NCAA basketball as closely these last couple of years and knew that a new poll was introduced and didn't know if things started to count earlier or not now.

It's awesome for your team to hit #1, and it really wasn't meant to be a backhanded comment.

It's the first time for UVA since 1982. It's neat for teams that haven't been there in awhile.

or ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

kiimo posted:

As a Kansas fan I know that the #1 ranking is the kiss of death that is immediately followed by falling to like UC Santa Barbara or some poo poo.

edit: like falling to Miami and going on a two game skid. That's prime #1 poo poo right there. All I'm saying is look out.

God knows the target get bigger and you lose it's a sure fire court rush most of the time.

I'm just happy to hear they didn't gently caress with the seeding process, new poll or not. (Why did there need to be a new poll? Just to have something new to talk about?)

• Locked thread