Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

"Noise dete-oh" Lucinda drew her hand across her lips in a zipping motion, and gestured at the facility map on the wall.

A silent flash as an inbound message was received, VDP was sending...?

Lucinda opens her mouth to exclaim... Stops, thinks. Staying quiet. Instead she blew a kiss at the security camera watching the intersection.

Below visible to BJJ
Salvage CS armour prototype, unless you have any preferences?

Wishlist-
😳😘👌

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Feb 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 7 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption]

Bobby-Jack answered Lucinda with a nod and almost inaudible grunt. He pointed at himself, traced his fingers across the map corridors to showcase his own route to the medbay, then traced back both his own route and Lucinda's one to the map room to signal it as a rendezvous area after they had found what they were looking for.

LUCINDA can peek
I'll be taking the C5: Medical myself

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 / LUXE: 35 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

Cursing the shoddy workmanship which was definitely not the fault of any sponsors, Grumps leaves behinds the wreckage of his cover and starts refilling his Medipack: He has a feeling he's going to need it.

Refill the medipack as an action

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 6/6 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

At long, long last, the Alpha collapsed to the ground, and Stev's shoulder's sagged in relief.

"About time, am I right?" he asked as he swapped weapons back with Cryo, hand held up for a high five before he headed back to salvage the wreck.

Stripping the Behemoth was barely any easier than bringing the thing down in the first place. There was just so drat much of it, but a lot of it just wasn't value-dense enough to make sense to grab. Still, there were plenty of choice bits to strip: electronics, sidearms, and most importantly, the rig's computing core, still intact despite everything. That was Apex for you. Redundant defenses for days, and a cost to match.

He though the split over for a bit, and in the end handed the Core over to Cryo. She'd earned it.

Actions: (Cryo can look) Salvage everything: Salvage the Alpha: 9d6 38. I'll hold on to the pistol and advanced electronics, Cryo gets the core, 23 Luxe for me, 15 for Cryo

Wishlist: Autodoc!

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch / 2. "Grumps" McGee
Midge scans...
00.04 Rig Ambush! Beta Gunman (inactive)
00.05 Exotic Hydrocarbons (Inactive), Icy Manipulator (inactive)
00.06 Exotic Hydrocarbons (Inactive), Mutant Stalker (inactive), Mutant Grunt (2, inactive)
00.07 Relic Key (inactive)! Mutant Soldiers (4, inactive)
00.08 Beta Crawler (inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)
01.03 "Time Traveler" (inactive)
01.04 Frozen Corpse
01.05 Meth-Maw (inactive)
01.06 Meth-Maw (inactive)
01.07 Mutant Soldier (4, inactive)
01.08 Beta Gunman (inactive)!, Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)
02.03 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
02.04 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
02.05 Mutant Grunt (3, inactive)
02.06 Gamma Crawler (2, inactive)! Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)
02.07 Exotic Hydrocarbons, Rare Isotopes, Gamma Crawler (2), Gamma Enforcer (2)
02.08 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
02.09 Rare Isotope, Hirsute Horror
03.03 Gamma Enforcer (2, inactive)
03.04 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
03.05 Beta Gunman (inactive)
03.06 Exotic Hydrocarbons (inactive)! Mutant Ambush! Mutant Manhunter (inactive)! Mutant Soldier (2, inactive)!
03.07 Frozen Corpse, Gamma Crawler (2), Gamma Enforcer (2)
03.08 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
04.04 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
04.05 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
04.06 Gamma Enforcer (4, inactive)
04.07 Mutant Elite, Mutant Grunt (4)
04.08 Deranged Aeropath (inactive)
05.04 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
05.05 Frozen Corpse (inactive)
05.06 Frozen Corpse (Inactive)
05.07 Rad Zone! Methmaw (inactive)

Scan complete.
Grumps reloads medi-pack.

Challenge Complete posted:

Kalpernicus - Hurt Midge's Feelings: Midge is awarded 10 Luxe for completion!
Pertinax - Salvage Facility Sigma: Midge is awarded 5 Luxe for completion!
Grumps is awarded 5 Luxe for completion!

3. Cryo / 4. Stev Ansahok
Cryo takes shelter!
Stev salvages for 38 Luxe!

6. Scramble
Squidpack reloaded. Ambush prepared!

Pertinax – Salvage Facility Upsilon: Scramble is awarded 10 Luxe for completion!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson / 8. Lucinda
Bobby-Jack acquires CS Module – Medical!
Lucinda acquires Combat Support Armor!

Pertinax – Salvage Facility Tau: Bobby-Jack is awarded 5 Luxe for completion!
Lucinda is awarded 5 Luxe for completion!
Pertinax is awarded 5 Luxe for completion of all portions of challenge!

10. Kal Risso
Ambush Prepared!

:siren: Rad Zone! Midge's Max HP is reduced by 1!
:siren: Toxic Zone! Cryo's HP are restored by 1!

Iceroids posted:

Iceroids impact the plains around Scramble! Scramble is unharmed!
A strange object crashes near Scramble!

Drone Delivery posted:

Lucinda receives an Experimental Squidpack!

Sponsors posted:

The following Sponsors receive 10 Luxe for participation:
Pertinax AmmoFab
The following Sponsors receive 5 Luxe for participation:
Kalpernicus Risso
Hideous Dynamics
Virtual Domain Partners

Current Sponsor account standings:
Pertinax Ammofab 35
RookEngOrg 15
Kalpernicus Risso 19
Hideous Dynamics 15
Virtual Domain Partners 5
Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus 5

Accounts posted:

Wrecker account standings:
1. "Midge Gureyevitch 54
2. "Grumps" McGee 33
3. Cryo 25
4. Stev Ansahok 63
6. Scramble 17
7. Bobby-Jack Johnson 88
8. Lucinda 10
10. Kal Risso 10

:siren: Wreckers, get Moving! :siren:

Current Sponsor Challenges posted:

Pertinax
1: Kill 10 Mutant Grunts.
2: Kill 4 Horrors.
3: Kill 3 targets with Rampage.
4: Transmat the guidance computer from the Spaceship Wreck.
5. Transmat Biological Sample from downed Wrecker Kondo.
6. Transmat Aberrant Skull from downed Wrecker Kondo.
7. Transmat Biological Samples from 4 Mutant Stalkers.
8. Transmat an authentic scav-scrimshawed maw-tusk (+15L).
9. Kill Teratomorphic Ding Hammerfaust and Salvage commlink.
10. Scan hex 00.01 for buried facilities.

Hideous Dynamics
1. Transmat as many Isotope units from Facility Sigma as possible.
2. Transmat an Experimental Sample from a Research Facility.
3. Transmat Advanced Electronics from Scavenger Camp or Spacecraft Wreck.

Kalpernicus Risso
1. Explore three Cryovolcanoes (+15L).
2. Be first to shoot Kal Risso (+5L).
3. Seize the MCAD Prototype from Freiheit (+5L).
4. Be first to attack Cryo (+5L).

Virtual Domain Partners
1. Transmat Research Database from each Research Facility.
+Transmat all 3 parts.
2. Transmat Telemetry Database from Spacecraft Wreck.
3. Salvage Crew Archive from Spacecraft Wreck.
4. Transmat Experimental Drone Remains from 14.07.

RookEngOrg
1. Transmat Aberrant Skull or destroy corpse of Wrecker [Kondo]
2. Transmat 5 Biological Samples from any Mutant corpse OR Newtype Wrecker
3. Betray an Ally
4. Kill an Ally

Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus
1. Get a kill without a weapon.
2. Ride a Meth-Maw.
3. Don't Look at an Explosion
4. Ride a Cryovolcanic Eruption

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Feb 11, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
x3
[MIDGE / HP:3 / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 6 / LUXE: 8 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

"I need to get out of here before I cook completely. Grumps, I'm heading for 03:04 via 02:05: That place is occupied, but I'll try to walk by them in peace. They turn hostile I'll just squidpack to my target instead. Here, I'm uplinking my latest scan data. I'm making for the luxe crucible."

Trying to go to 03:04 via 02:05, trying not to disturb the grunts in 02:05. If they start anything I'm just squidpacking past out of the rad zone, otherwise I'm happy to walk by in peace, leaving them uninked and unmolested.

WISHLIST:Hey, Hideous Dynamics, I got your 'topes! Drop us a Port-a-Luxe and I'll send 'em all up for you!

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 11, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS]

"Oh hey, this looks like it works with your module, and you have a med-pack too, let's get you strapped in. Oh right" whispering - "maybe we should get out before the rigs activate".

Offer armour to BJJ

"Yeah, great idea, I'll see you there. Miss you!"

Waving, Lucinda hops away from the station, bouncing over the perimeter wall

≥06.02≥07.02≥07.03≥07.04

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 11, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 3/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 009 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Hazmat Gear, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Kal Risso twitched slightly and jerked in place, caught in the thick of REM sleep. He murmured something to himself as he rolled over in his thermosuit and smacked his lips absently. Behind closed eyelids, his eyes flicked back and forth, roving over wild landscapes. His legs ever-so-slightly pedaled in the air. He was running, even in his dreams.

If he had started snoring, he wouldn't have noticed. As far as the Wrecking Crew games were concerned, Kal Risso was dead to the world.

No movement orders for Kal Risso - he's sleeping!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 12 luxe ]

What in the jovian hells? Even if she weren't laying in wait with malice aforethought Scramble would stick around to check this out. It doesn't look like the delivery drones. Maybe part of the comm network got knocked out of orbit?

No movement. Examine the probe.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Interstellar patriotische Cybernétiques

We here at ICP regret the loss of our first contestant to the many dangers of RIME. However, the light of liberty will shine on even as one martyr falls. As such we offer a challenge to the remaining wreckers:
Salvage the torch of liberty from Frau and light the Zodiac beacon with it

ICP Achieve a more perfect union today!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Quote is not edit. Wishlist updated.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 3/5 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 017 / MEDIKIT STATUS: EMPTY / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM]

As she watched the iceteroid storm sail harmlessly overhead, Cryo cautiously emerged from her impromptu dugout. All her inside bits felt like they'd glued themselves back together, and the burns from the Alpha were rapidly developing fresh plauqes of shiny chitin. She'd need one hell of an exfoliating to be presentable in high society, but down here on RIME her unique biology was a godsend. She helped Stev pick over the last of the wreckage, and was setting out towards Kondo's death beacon when her wristcomp chimed. Apparently the storm had knocked the commsats around enough to let her get a brief update from the bootleg WreckIRC chat she sometimes frequented and.... oh, now that was very interesting indeed. Thinking back to where the contrails from the pods had been roughly pointing at the start of the match, Cryo began to furiously scribble on her map.

Move to 07.09

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘&#

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 11, 2018

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

[Luxe: 19]

A lot had happened over the last round! Kalpernicus checked his Sponsor account's Wrecker Challenges and noted that some of the challenges he'd issued had been either completed or obviated, or they weren't nearly so pressing as they had once been in the past. Kalpernicus couldn't even remember what it was that Cryo had done to him, so he dropped one of his challenges and struck out a few others.
  • Explore three Cryovolcanoes: 15 Luxe
  • Be first to shoot Kal Risso: 5 Luxe
  • Seize the MCAD Prototype: 5 Luxe
  • Sabotage Grumps' deployable cover: 5 Luxe
  • > Be first to SHOOT Cryo: 5 Luxe
  • Hurt Midge's feelings: 5 Luxe
  • Plan "Kill Capricorn with Kalpernicus": 0* Luxe
  • Unallocated funds: -11 Luxe
*bounties may increase as funds become available.

It was time to stop spending money on challenges and time to start saving it up for the big finale.

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 12, 2018

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 7 / CYBER: Trauma Webbing / MUTATION: Biolytic Eruption]

Bobby-Jack merely watched as Lucinda handed the armor over. For a moment he was silent. Then, for a moment, he peered quizzically at Lucinda from behind his goggles, his mask hiding any expression he might have had.

"Thank you", he finally managed to say, "And yeah, we should boot it before we get the really high-tech gear after us. I do suggest a temporary split-up though, I'll fish out that stuff in the river, you should get yourself to safety meanwhile. We'll meet up again after. Sound good?"

LUCINDA can peek
I suggest you go to the Scavenger Camp (or straight to the Scan Tower) via the path we came, I'll pick up the loot in 05.02. since I have the Hazmat. We'll meet at the Scan Tower the turn after, and go to the Crucible after that.
Moving to Hex 05.02.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

GRUMPS "MCGEE" / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 2 (4/5 fuel) / LUXE: 35 / CYBER: Bone Lacing]

"Sounds good: I'll head to 02.05 with you but then Split and retreat to 02.04 This rig can take some hits, but isn't the fastest thing around.

As above, move to 02.04

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

AJ_Impy posted:

x3

"I need to get out of here before I cook completely. Grumps, I'm heading for 03:04 via 02:05: That place is occupied, but I'll try to walk by them in peace. They turn hostile I'll just squidpack to my target instead. Here, I'm uplinking my latest scan data. I'm making for the luxe crucible."

Trying to go to 03:04 via 02:05, trying not to disturb the grunts in 02:05. If they start anything I'm just squidpacking past out of the rad zone, otherwise I'm happy to walk by in peace, leaving them uninked and unmolested.

WISHLIST:Hey, Hideous Dynamics, I got your 'topes! Drop us a Port-a-Luxe and I'll send 'em all up for you!

Gotcha!

Send a portaluxe to Midge! (15 luxe from HDLLC, the remaining 22 from Midge's account). If we have the luxe to spare, I want to send an experimental Reality-Shift beacon along as well on the same drone. What could go wrong?

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 12, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

(edited out for later resubmission)

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 12, 2018

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 6/6 / MOVE: 2 / 2 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev checked the log on his wrist unit as he strode alongside Cryo. "Aw, Freiheit went down? That's really too bad. She wasn't with my unit, but we really would've appreciated having a morale-booster like her around. Geez, she was all the way on the other side of the zone, too. I suppose we could've made it that far by now if we hadn't run into the Alpha halfway through. Though given how lethal it apparently was around there, maybe things worked out for us after all." he looked over Cryo's shoulder at her musings. "Hm. Yeah, I think that's worth checking out. We'll need to drop by the crucible too, though."

Actions: Move to 07.09

Wishlist: Autodoc! More cybernetics!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Somewhere aboard the pleasure-yacht of Lucinda IX Keel-Thoristew, Kalpernicus was wandering through the Sponsor's Lounge and admiring the buffet when he spotted some Sponsor activity from the guy who represented the Hypertemple of Muscle Jesus.

The Lone Badger posted:

Drone delivery of an Experimental Rig Ripper to Lucinda*

Kalpernicus took down the Church representative's details and sent him a quick missive:

code:
To his studliness the Bicepfather Maxwell et al:

Feel free to use the Kalpernicus account to help you with buying Lucinda a weapon. I owe her line a favor, after all.

- Kalpernicus Risso, Sponsor
*(Notes: Experimental Rig Ripper costs (16/2) + 25 (delivery) = 33 Luxe. Also, Bobby Jack Johnson is in an exclusive Sponsorship with Pertinax, so his money can't be spent by other Sponsors.)

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
Movement to 03.04.

Sponsorship posted:

Hideous Dynamics spends 62 Luxe (15 Sponsor, 47 Midge) on behalf of Midge Gureyevitch for Drone Delivery of a Porta-Luxe and an Experimental QED Terminal! They will arrive on Sponsor Phase.
:siren: Warning, overload presents a chance of drone failure!

2. "Grumps" McGee
Movement to 02.05.

Movement to 07.09.
2 Mutant Stalkers arrive!

6. Scramble
No movement orders.
Probe ejects drop plates!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Movement to 05.02.

8. Lucinda
Movement to 07.04

10. Kal Risso
No movement orders.
Enemies emerge! Torch Remotes are eligible for Ambush!

:siren: Wreckers, resolve Encounters! :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Feb 12, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
x3

He crouched over the frozen corpse, genuflecting the sign of the Divine Biceps.

"May your end have been glorious, Stranger. Also, can I have your stuff?"

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 3/ MOVE: 4 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS 12 luxe ]

"Shells, the bots are a no show," she turns to the probe.

And immediately leaps back as the object jettisons its heat shields. Still active whatever it is. And designed for reentry. Or maybe just entry depending on its origin. Scramble spots something familiar, the Rook logo. Scramble doesn't trust Rook but she understands them. Well, understand is a strong word. She gets their dealio. Their relentless pursuit of biological innovation is compatible with Scramble's own outlook.

Slightly reassured, Scramble approaches the humming probe and likely gets a face full of indiscriminately mutagenic bees for her troubles.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Veteran Newtype HP: 2/6 Move: 4 Luxe: 009 Fuel: 00 Rad Innoculation: 2
Loadout: Skirmisher, Squidpack, DPM Rifle, Hazmat Gear, Medikit (X), Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs, Nuclear Reservoir: 1

Kal Risso snapped upright, awakening instantaneously from his impromptu slumber, already alert from the adrenaline compounds that had started surging through his system. There was a new noise in the area - twin sets of whirring and humming and clicking sounds coming from different directions - indicating some movement in the area. Something or rather some things were making progress around the laboratory, roving through the facility on pre-programmed patrol routes. They were probably security drones - remotely-controlled robotic entities designed to purge the labs of the "infection" of outsiders, no doubt.

It was only a matter of time before they discovered Kal tucked away in his hiding spot. Thankfully for Kal, before the Torch Remotes could detect Kal they would have to encounter the sweet spot in the trap that Kal Risso had laid.

Ambush: Improvise against the Torch Remotes: 1d6 3 - Red Barrels Green Barrels

The conveniently-marked barrels full of unstable explosive compound had been carefully dragged to a conspicuous spot just within shooting range of Kal's hideout.

As the Torchbots were in the midst of inspecting the barrel array, Kal Risso leapt from cover and yelled "Hey Torchbots, torch on THIS!"

Kal Risso the Newtype extended both his arms and fired out twin brachial spurs at the barrels. Sparks flew and the barrels blew -

Red Barrels against the Torch Remotes: 2#1d8 6 4 Green Barrels!

Green Barrels?!? Kal thought they were red! Curse his colorblindness! Kal Risso fired at the Torch Remotes as he gathered his things to flee.

Attack against the Torch Remotes: 1d10 10

It was good but it wouldn't be enough. Kal Risso tapped into his Newtype blood to make him more resilient to lethal attacks.

Kal Risso invokes the Newtype Talent, spending 1 HP to copy the Neo-Soldat Talent!

He had to get out of here. This place was a hot-spot for anti-muties.

[Skirmisher]12.03 -> 11.02

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Feb 12, 2018

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

"Soooo... You like flying things? Any favourites?"

Lucinda sat below where the aeropath was silently perched. Her peripheral vision lit up with a muscular bearded man beneath HYPERTEMPLE OF MUSCL- before the spam filters on her nano-display blocked the holographic jesus from squating distractingly.

"Huh? That was odd."

Cover

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby-Jack gave a sort of pitying glance to the floating corpse.

"Tough luck friend", he noted, more to himself than anything, "But better you than me."

Taking cover

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

Attention viewers and contestants of WRECKING CREW:

:siren: DON'T CHEAT YOUR ROLLS. :siren:

You will lose your character.

Seriously, I'm understanding of Orokos mishaps, but the high roll volume and update pace of this game is not an excuse to cheat. I shouldn't have to say this. If I privately mention irregularities in your roll history, please take it for the friendly warning it is, and not as an excuse to continue the behavior.

:siren: DON'T CHEAT YOUR ROLLS. :siren:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 6/6 / MOVE: 2 / 25 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Well, that was a lot of mutants. A lot of mutants. Which, thankfully, was not actually a problem.

"Hey guys, how's it going? Helluva day, am I right?" he asked as he walked up to the corpsicle. It was hard to tell through the ice, but it pretty much had to be Kondo in there. Poor guy. "I just demolished an Alpha Behemoth, and boy are my arms tired. Anyways, don't mind me, I'm just here to scoop this guy up and head out for some more adventure. Unless you want to come along? No? Fair enough, worth a shot, worth a shot. Best of luck to you guys, I really mean it. Oh, and you should probably be careful where you're sticking those snoots--some risto's put a bounty out on you guys. Just a word of warning."

Vox Mutandis: 1d4 3

Wishlist: Autodoc! More cybernetics! Stev needs your help if he's ever going to manage to turn into a gundam!

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 12, 2018

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 3/5 / MOVE: 3 / FUEL: 0 / LUXE: 017 / MEDIKIT STATUS: EMPTY / SQUIDPACK STATUS: FULL / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA, EYEGEAR, THREADED VISUALIZER / MUTATIONS: TRAUMATIC SCLERODERMA, EXTREMOPHILE, CHILD OF THE ATOM]

Cryo glanced at the corpsicle she assumed was Kondo. A shame they'd never met, Kondo would have made a.... well, anything to do with Rook was never good, but certainly at least an interesting teammate. Oh well, now they were just a quest objective with a bounty on their skull.

Then she noticed the mutants. Well, obviously, there were mutants around, but those two looked... familiar? They seemed to recognize her, too. Cryo belatedly realized that she hadn't lost the Stalkers from way back when, they were just lurking around until she came out of the toxic zone. With a shouted warning to Stev, she turned to run before the combat she was about to attract shattered the Pax Mutandis. As she turned, however, the heavy Alpha core slipped out of its makeshift harness and shattered a thin sheet of ice, sending cracks spiderwebbing towards the mutants....

Improvise!: 1d6 5 - Sinkhole
Sinkhole against mutants: 5#1d8 2 7 4 2 8

Wishlist:

H̻E̝͟L͠P̥ ̼͖̺͎̱͍͟M̭͚̠̦̱̞E̖͖̙̜̣ ̨̫̬͖̞͚̭̞B̶̦̬̣̳͎̖̿ͦ̔̎̑ͭ̏́E͇̮͔̎̐C̢̬̰͇̥̹̲̭̝̲͊͒͊́̀Ơ̝̥̪̘͙͖̞̠̭ͧ̿̆͝M̫̯̮̺͊ͫ̒̏ͣ̈́͘&#

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Bah, grunts. Grump could ignore them easily.

Retreat to 02.04

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. "Midge Gureyevitch
No Encounter order.

2. "Grumps" McGee
Retreat to 02.04!

Mutant Grunts attack!
Grunt 1 misses!
Grunt 2 hits! Grumps' Gamma Crawler takes 1 damage!
Grunt 3 misses!
Grunt 4 misses!

Cryo Improvises! Sinkhole Collapses!
Mutant Elite is unaffected!
Mutant Stalker 1 is Disabled!
Mutant Stalker 2 is unaffected!
Mutant Stalker 3 is Disabled!
Mutant Stalker 4 is Disabled!

Stev attempts to recruit Mutant Elite! Mutant Elite is unmoved.

Mutant Elite attacks! Cryo takes no damage!
Mutant Stalker 2 attacks! Cryo takes no damage!

6. Scramble
Implantation Hive deploys Conversion Drones!
Scramble is enveloped! Scramble's cells assimilate especially well; her Max HP and Move are increased by 1!
Scramble Mutates!

Mutatis Mutandis! posted:

Regenerative Brood: Suffer 1 damage to restore 3 HP to a different target in the same hex.
The subject gestates a writhing clutch of larvae that may be coaxed to chew their way out of their host and soothe the wounds of another with their cunning mandibles and analgesic secretions! Rook's Finest!

7. Bobby-Jack Johnson
Cover grabbed!

8. Lucinda
Cover grabbed!
008.342 Mean Error, Perigee reconciliation in...
[Silence]
[Staring]
[Awkward hand-wringing]
I...That is...N-body choreography? W-would you like to project the interactive forces and orbital motion from the quasi-steady instantaneous position, velocity and time of a globular cluster with me?

10. Kal Risso
Ambush! Kal Risso Improvises!
Kal Risso triggers Automated Facility Purge!
Kal Risso is incinerated!

Wrecker Down! posted:

15 Luxe is credited to Surviving Wreckers! 10 Luxe is transferred to Wrecker Retirement Fund! A Death Beacon is lit at map coords 12.03!

Oof. Looks like Risso pushed his luck a little too far.
Dust in the wind, Hazel. Dust in the wind.

:siren: Wreckers, take Action :siren:

Sponsors-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 13, 2018

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
x3

Midge checked the frozen corpse for ID, and anything else it may have had.

"May whatever I get from you earn you a broof'n honour guard in the afterlife, Stranger."

Salvage luxe or an item from the frozen corpse: 1d6 6

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 6/6 / MOVE: 2 / 25 LUXE / CYBER: RIG JACK, DERMAL ARMOR, HYPERBALLISTIC PLATES /MUTATIONS: AMYGDALIC HYPERCEPHALY, VOX MUTANDIS]

Stev sighed as the mutants started futilely beating away on Cryo's shell. Well, he wasn't about to tell them how to spend their time. He had more important things to do, like hacking the surprisingly thick layer of methane ice off of Kondo's corpsicle. Well, when all you've got is a hammer, every problem starts to look like a nail!

Carefully, gently, he raised the hammer and dropped it down on the corpse to start chipping away at it. It probably would have worked, too, if he'd remembered to switch off the kinetic accelerators. As it was, there was a thud, the slightest instant of hesitation, and then the corpse exploded into a million icy shards, which thankfully bounced harmlessly off of his subdermal plating. It wasn't comfortable having hyperballistic plates shift around under your eyelids, but it sure beat going blind.

"Hey Cryo! There was a reward for destroying the corpse too, right? I, uh... I think we should probably go for that one. You know, just because it's faster. No other reason."

Action: Loot Kondo's Corpsicle: 1d6 1.

Wishlist: Autodocs!

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 4/ MOVE: 5 / PATIENT ZERO / FLEXIBLE SNOUT / VOX MUTANDIS / REGENERATIVE BROOD 12 luxe ]

The humming from the probe increases and a cloud of motes envelops Scramble. She staggers back but it's too late. The motes land and begin their mindless work. Her thermo-suit is quickly infiltrated and the tiny biomachines burrow their way towards her vital organs. In moments they deliver a synchronized bioscript payload. It's... overwhelming. Multiple species worth of sequences delivered at once on a wave of retroviral marauders. Gene shock tremors shake her extremities. Stage two already oh, that's bad. No time to panic, Scramble sinks into a helix trance. Soothe and patch, twine and purge, mend the chain. Soothe and patch, twine and purge, mend the chain. Scramble rides a feverish wave of mutation. And triumphs. She successfully integrates the payload, far more completely than an untrained normal could manage. In the heightened self awareness of trance she can feel the brood spawn within her bone marrow. A host of helpful symbiotes to mend and improve. They can even be ordered to assist others. Scramble notes the neurochemical control tags and rises from the ice. She feels stronger and faster. Scramble grins beneath her mask, high on victory. She finds a camera drone.

"Thanks Rook. But a little more warning would be nice next time. A lady likes to get her helix in order before having guests over."

What next? The bots seems to have been derailed. Surely the mutants would have given them no problems... Then Scramble's wristcomp dings with another death notice. Risso at Station Upsilon. That might explain it. Well if he had drawn them back then Scramble would have time to finish her next errand. But first...

Scramble slams the experimental mutagen injector into her thigh. May as well finish rearranging the furniture while she's in the mood for heavy lifting.
Experimental Mutagen: 2d20 18(2, 16)

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

Beautiful
BEAUTIFUL
BEAutIFUL
beautiful

BEA
uti
FUL

BEAUTIFUL

This was Rook.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

The big moment for Kalpernicus had arrived, and yet... it was a bit of a disappointment. One moment Kal Risso was there, the next he was gone - incinerated, vaporized by automated defenses. Where was the lethal lasgun shootout? Where was the brutal dismemberment? Where was the bullet-riddled, chemical burned, electroshocked, mutated, and left-for-dead body of Kal Risso? Why did Kal's death have to be so sudden? Why did have to be so efficient? Worst of all, why did it have to be so clean? The audience wanted blood and guts and sweat and tears, not this "being zapped and reduced to ash" nonsense. Kalpernicus expected better of himself. Kal Risso deserved a much more gruesome death.

Regardless of the means, Kalpericus "Kal" Risso was glad that his groundside self had been killed. Not only did it assert his position as the "alpha-timeline" Kal, it also cleared his sentences in several space stations and extraterran colonies.

He revved his Rig-Ripper as he leaned back in his gyro-balanced console chair. He couldn't wait to see the faces of everyone at the sponsor's lounge!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As his first order of business as an official Wrecking Crew Sponsor, Kalpernicus placed all his funding into backing Stev Ansahok.

Stev Ansahok wanted Autodocs? Stev would get Autodocs. Unlicensed, Experimental Autodocs, sure, but they'd do the job just fine. Kal sent out the following missive to the guys in charge:

code:
By Order of Kalpernicus, Sponsor/Agent

Please deliver the following to Stev Ansahok:

1x Unlicensed Autodoc:  19 luxe
2x Unlicensed Autodoc (experimental):  9x2=18 luxe
1x Delivery Drone Shipping:  25 luxe
Total: 62

Please deduct 19 luxe from Kalpernicus and 43 luxe from Stev Ansahok.

Thanks - and have a rig-ripping, white-knuckle-gripping day!

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[LUCINDA / HP: 2/2 / MOVE: 4 / LUXE: 0 / MUTATIONS: FLEXIBLE SNOUT, BATRACHIAN LEGS, BRACHIAL SPURS-1d8/1]

"That sounds fun, maybe later, when the Zodiak is triggered. So it's less flying things and more... dropping explosives from flying things?

I totally get that."

Lucinda pulls out the mutagen, and checks the model type.

"Like, there's not much better than watching a prime quality Zodiak rig being bombarded by a hell storm of ordinance, right?"

Vents the tab on the side of the tank, draining green suspension fluid over the ground below.

"I was really lucky last season that someone was looking for just that, and pow! Right into the cancer! I've been wanting to try that since like, the previous season had none of that, like, know your audience, right? It's not wrecking crew without high explosives somewhere."

Pulls out the Rook injector, unscrewed it's base, and presses the array of micro needless into her upper arm. Ejects the bottom half of the injector, revealing a second array of needless. Repeat on other arm.

Mutate!: 1d20 3-Brachial Spurs

"I mean, OK, explosions in the void would be harder to do without some kind of flammable something, but it would've been so worth it! They got it right with Bottom, back to the classics. What, Rime? We'll have to see how it holds up in post, right? I'm loving it so far, everyone is so nice! Well, except for those stalkers, like we were mid conversation and these guys just start following us about, trying to get BJJs autograph, and well you seen last season, you know how shy he is, like, rude! Anyway, so..."

Wishlist
Loving 💕the new💥squidpack! Thanks ,😘
If anyone 👫could send 💌a fancy 👗hazmat ⚠that would be great🙆, not⛔ off the 🚫shelf 🚮if you can help it👏, I heard👂 there are some great💥 experimental🔯 styles 👚out there now.😉😄😘

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 13, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Poor frozen fucker. Aw well, waste not want not.

salvage corpse Frozen Corpse: 1d6 4

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Poking the frozen corpse a couple of times to makes sure it wasn't some sort of clever mutant in ambush, Bobby-Jack got around to patting it over for anything usable. He picked up the experimental optiscope from the bottom of the stream while he was at it, too.

Salvaging. I pick up the Experimental Optiscope
Also looting the Frozen Corpse: 1d6= 3

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Interstellar patriotische Cybernétiques
Products so revolutionary, you'll think it's 1848

Karl LaFayette's pad chirped as a new wrecker request was registered. He picked it up and after reading it sent a quick text message to the logistics department.

TheMarquis: Ulyanov, get a drone ready and load it up with the newest model of our Teargas line Hazmat suit, the one from the Riot collection.
SealedTrain: Are you sure boss? The newest model is still half a year from completion, we have only just started animal testing.
TheMarquis: Yeah I'm sure, we've got a special customer down on RIME who specifically asked for a non-standard suit, so get to it.
SealedTrain: Well, It's their funeral, punching in the coords now.

Sending an experimental Hazmat Suit to Lucinda, spending 25 Luxe from Lucinda's account and 2 from the Wrecker Retirement Fund (25 bucks for the drone delivery, 2 for the experimental Hazmat gear)

Just as he put his pad down again, another notification sprang up. Grumps had requested that an autodoc be sent to his location. Unlike Hazmat gear, cyber augmentations were the core business of IPC, so Karl decided that this needed a personal touch. While slowly descending down the hollowed out asteroid that served as IPC's headquarter, he made the decision that rather than just sending a mainline, stable, well tested autodoc, Grumps would be the honored recipient of not one, but two autodocs from the limited and experimental Vanguard line that was only now leaving IPC's labs.
After he had loaded up the drone and entered the coordinates on RIME, LaFayette added a small handwritten note:
Welcome to the Vanguard Family Wrecker Grumps, Leaders of the Permanent Revolution in cyber technology

Sending two experimental Autodocs to Grumps, Spending (25+9+9) 43 Luxe from Grumps' account

sheep-dodger fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Feb 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Cryo sighed. Nothing was going right today. Oh well, at least there were more horrifying and untested chemicals to shoot into her neck. Limping along as best she could with 80 kilos of mutant latched firmly onto her leg, she collected the fallen Alpha core. Unclipping the new metamorph engine from her belt, she nestled it around her neck and hit the trigger once again.

BEc0mE: 3#1d20 8 14 19

Wishlist: