Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

don't be fooled

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

skintight suit :greencube:

wow AOTS

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

the one girl looks like a hot bishounen in these shirtless shots from google image searhc why'd no one tell me about the best anime of 2017

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

When did this become the wrong thread?

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Grouchio posted:

When did this become the wrong thread?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Diabetes Forecast posted:

I haven't watched the ep yet but here's the almost finished picture. hopefully the show isn't bad again when I watch it.

This is great! I like the little tie.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Where the gently caress is Inferno Cop, Ninja Slayer, and Turning Girls on this poll

That's my bad, sorry about that.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yo that bit where Darling watched the spider eat the butterfly was dope.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

Diabetes Forecast posted:

I haven't watched the ep yet but here's the almost finished picture. hopefully the show isn't bad again when I watch it.

I never noticed the tie on Strelizia

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

also, is anyone going to say anything about Zorome's question?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Understanding posted:

also, is anyone going to say anything about Zorome's question?

I did?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So do they gently caress in this episode

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

it got lost in the last page, but uh yeah, kind of a downer answer he got.

Everyone seems pretty cool with existing only until their inevitable death in battle

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

So do they gently caress in this episode

It’s 2018
They’re always loving

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Raxivace posted:

Yo that bit where Darling watched the spider eat the butterfly was dope.

In the prior scene in that bathroom I paused it wondering why they'd draw a spiderweb on that light fixture. Seeing the answer to that later in the ep in such a hamfisted way was :lol:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well they also had that goofy leaking faucet

maybe instead of being unable to contain water...it can't contain the overt symbolism

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

dogsicle posted:

well they also had that goofy leaking faucet

maybe instead of being unable to contain water...it can't contain the overt symbolism

obviously this advanced civilization can't figure out copper piping.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Zorome has the same VA as Chibita from Osomatsu so I keep expecting him to go Chikushou! Alright! Want some oden?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

May Papa Never Thirst

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think Goro is gay. Thanks for reading this post

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

GorfZaplen posted:

My guess is bi based on having the same reaction to both Hiro and Ichigo.

That said, is parasite the word they use for children or orphans? At first it seemed like a general word for special kids, but the usage early on in this episode makes it seem more like an extreme utilitarian kind of thing.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

GorfZaplen posted:

May Papa Never Thirst

This prayer was insanely creepy

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

LostRook posted:

My guess is bi based on having the same reaction to both Hiro and Ichigo.

That said, is parasite the word they use for children or orphans? At first it seemed like a general word for special kids, but the usage early on in this episode makes it seem more like an extreme utilitarian kind of thing.

Parasite seems to be the general designation for active FRANXX pilot. Children/orphans in general don't seem to be called parasites because there was some debate over whether or not Hiro would qualify to be a parasite.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Feb 11, 2018

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

I like how every time someone tries to get dramatic and yell at Zero Two she doesn't give a gently caress and doesn't care about what they're saying in the slightest.

(Except Hiro ofc)

RME
Feb 20, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

i liked goro a lot this episode. glad he got some screen time

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

I like the relationship between Goro and Ichigo.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the whole goro/ichigo/hiro triangle thing is good and very much my anime poo poo

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Are there any kids that are actually kept alive apart from the parasites? Because I don't remember any.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
They haven't shown us any examples of what "normal" people are like in this setting besides that brief empty shot of the city, so we have no idea yet. Given the nervous "oh wait he doesn't know does he" reaction from the other plantation's pilots when Zorome asked if they knew about pilots becoming adults, either parasites are abnormal in some way or alternatively there's no such thing as a normal child anymore.

Blue Nation
Nov 25, 2012

Maybe there are normal children somewhere else that manage to grow into adulthood, and the parasites are grown in a lab. I dunno, the one line about yellow blood got my attention.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Blood Type Blue
Angel Confirmed

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Becoming an Adult is also a sexual metaphor.

Probably.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

002's original partner at least looked like an adult.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

OneDeadman posted:

Becoming an Adult is also a sexual metaphor.

Probably.

puberty is a weird time

RME
Feb 20, 2012

Blue Nation posted:

Maybe there are normal children somewhere else that manage to grow into adulthood, and the parasites are grown in a lab. I dunno, the one line about yellow blood got my attention.

that line also caught my attention. I wonder if that's a parasite thing that they all have, or a result of piloting with 02 (well the spike of them is the latter but yellow blood cells in general).

Also coincidence or not, they talked about it being the opposite reaction as her pervious partners, and blue and yellow are antagonistic colors in our perception, with Blood Type Blue being an evangelion thing.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

002's original partner at least looked like an adult.

I believe it was mentioned in passing that she normally causes hyperaccelerated aging in her partners. So that’s what Mitsuru probably would have looked like after Round 2.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

I believe it was mentioned in passing that she normally causes hyperaccelerated aging in her partners. So that’s what Mitsuru probably would have looked like after Round 2.

Hyperaccelerated aging probably wouldn't cause a person to grow to adult size, it'd just kill off their cells.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Man, Goro's a swell guy :unsmith:

Something I noticed near the end of the episode was how Ichigo and Goro had no idea how to handle the emotions they were currently feeling, which I thought was a nice touch to add to the whole "these kids aren't taught anything about love or intimacy and are only expected to fight" thing. Really shows how kinda hosed up their upbringing is when they can't even recognize basic things like having feelings for one another

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Zark the Damned posted:

Hyperaccelerated aging probably wouldn't cause a person to grow to adult size, it'd just kill off their cells.

Maybe the kid she ate in the first episode was just big?

• Locked thread