Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol there was a news story the other day about a big uptick in diagnoses of anal/fecal-related gut diseases & parasites in late 2017 and onward; the ‘I eat rear end’ meme and its wholly foreseeable consequence.

this is fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

modern medicine has allowed us the freedom to safely eat as much rear end as we desire

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
the rear end eating lifestyle

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
if the rear end is clean than eating is safe

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

President Beep posted:

I’ve never driven a car with one, but the whole two speed thing always sounded jankity to me.

on the contrary, they were amazing

old-timey transmissions were not fancy computer controlled devices. if you had too many gears, they drove shittiliy because it would "hunt" for a gear when you got outside the power band

single speed w/ overdrive, and 2-speed w/overdrive unironically provided the best driving experiences, because they could avoid shifting as much as possible

1st gear was good up to like 35 mph

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol there was a news story the other day about a big uptick in diagnoses of anal/fecal-related gut diseases & parasites in late 2017 and onward; the ‘I eat rear end’ meme and its wholly foreseeable consequence.

I knew this poo poo was out of control when I went to a home goods market last year and found the inspirational letters moved around to say "EAT rear end"

Apr 7, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

if the rear end is clean than eating is safe

that said, baby wipes are on sale at Rite Aid this week

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I knew this poo poo was out of control when I went to a home goods market last year and found the inspirational letters moved around to say "EAT rear end"

ah yes, my documentary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

single speed w/ overdrive, and 2-speed w/overdrive unironically provided the best driving experiences, because they could avoid shifting as much as possible

with the caveat that you needed a massive v8 (so it would make torque across the whole rev range) and so you also had to be okay with getting like 7 mpg

Apr 7, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

with the caveat that you needed a massive v8 (so it would make torque across the whole rev range) and so you also had to be okay with getting like 7 mpg

Powerglides were more common post-Turbo Hydramatic on six cylinders, the one I have personal experience with (1965 Corvair) was a flat six that made 95 HP stock. Of course the rear end was geared high as gently caress.

Apr 7, 2003

I'm damned and determined to buy another fuckin Corvair some day.

Apr 7, 2003

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1966/chevrolet/corvair/100827619

If my wife wouldn't kill me, I'd buy that thing in a second.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Sagebrush posted:

right

and if you didn't want 7 mpg from a giant v8, detroit was perfectly happy to sell you a manual transmission. which sucked to drive. but it got ok gas mileage and was drivable with an anemic 6-banger

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

corvairs are awesome but it seems like it would be un-fun to own a rust-prone classic in a climate like pittsburgh

you would practically need a dedicated garage

Apr 7, 2003

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

corvairs are awesome but it seems like it would be un-fun to own a rust-prone classic in a climate like pittsburgh

you would practically need a dedicated garage

I had a '65 corvair convertible in 2001, I bought it with inheritance money and then I loving crashed it a few months later on a lovely freeway ramp.

It was fun while I had it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
you’d have to go to cadillac to pick it up, too.

:barf:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

me, posting itt:

Teaching And Respecting the Disabled

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Good. Their shitbag motorcycles are built with 1930s technology and cost $30K+. May they go out of business and I hope the boomers cry about how millennials caused it. gently caress them.

good news everyone!

looks like they’ve had declining sales for a few years now that all the boomers have bought all of their weekend retirement choppers

quote:

Revenue fell 9% to $1.2 billion in the third quarter as the Milwaukee-based company retained guidance for shipping 241,000 to 246,000 motorcycles to dealers world-wide in 2017, down 6-8% from last year.

Harley, seeking to grow its customer base, has embarked upon plans to add 2 million new riders in the U.S. over the coming decade, and grow its international business to 50% of its total annual volume. The company is working to expand its appeal to women, minorities, young adults and city dwellers.

The challenge of the targets remained evident in the third quarter. Harley’s U.S. motorcycle sales dipped 8.1% to 41,793, while its international retail sales were off 4.6% to 22,416.

Harley said its U.S. market share increased in the latest quarter and its sales decline wasn’t as steep as the broader industry.

The company reported profit of $68.2 million, or 40 cents a share, in third quarter, down from $114.1 million, or 64 cents, the same period a year ago.

not quite a freefall but their execs seem to be in full freakout mode already

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

Teaching And Respecting the Disabled

no no, grumpy cat's name is actually short for "Tardar Sauce", you see

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
like harley won't just get bought up by another motorcycle manufacturer

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

what burbdad is gonna buy a post sale harley tho

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

a few years ago h-d was apparently in talks to buy ducati, lol. maybe ducati will buy them instead

for the horrible computer nerds, given those companies' fanbases, either of them buying each other would be like apple buying samsung, or vice versa

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol some lovely WW1 vtwin with this sewing machine valvetrain on top

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lol

http://store.barnettharley.com/TO_1783_7147_001-Harley_Davidson_Mens_Motor_Beach_Flames_Cargo_Board_Black_Shorts_by_Tori_Richard

small size only at beyond clearance prices

shocked that's the only ones not sold

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

me? i'm a honda man

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

if you're gonna own it, own it!

hope they tow that behind a gaudy $500k rv

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
those motherfuckers have cruise control and airbags and abs now

its bonkers

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

ordered some yospos new shoes

wonder if nike is gonna cancel my order after someone reads the text

nike turned down my order

i replied with

gonna contact my local aclu if they dont make my shoe

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Hail Satan

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

nike turned down my order

i replied with

gonna contact my local aclu if they dont make my shoe

lol good luck

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

interesting question. i don't think nike are bound to place whatever you want on the shoes, even if you consider the words religiously significant -- they aren't the government, they aren't providing a life-critical service, and while you have freedom to practice your religion as you like, you can't ask other people to participate in it. not sure the aclu would take your case.

however, this seems like it might be influenced by the outcome of masterpiece cakeshop v. colorado. please keep us updated, and if the supreme court finds in favor of colorado, re-submit it and see what happens

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

change the NIKEiD to "im" and "gay" and see what they do

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

who exactly would want to buy them?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Jerry Cotton posted:

who exactly would want to buy them?

any company that sells vehicles to dads

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

any company that sells vehicles to dads

they can't sell themselves to themselves and i don't think buick has any money.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Sagebrush posted:

interesting question. i don't think nike are bound to place whatever you want on the shoes, even if you consider the words religiously significant -- they aren't the government, they aren't providing a life-critical service, and while you have freedom to practice your religion as you like, you can't ask other people to participate in it. not sure the aclu would take your case.

however, this seems like it might be influenced by the outcome of masterpiece cakeshop v. colorado. please keep us updated, and if the supreme court finds in favor of colorado, re-submit it and see what happens

what if i order a “hail jesus” shoe and it comes through? would the aclu be interested then?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

what if i order a “hail jesus” shoe and it comes through? would the aclu be interested then?

the difference is that jesus died for your skids

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

kwinklesOFFICIAL posted:

perhaps!

istr there was also a case a while back where a pair of neo-nazis who had named their kid adolf hitler wanted wal-mart to make them a cake that read "happy birthday adolf hitler" but wal-mart refused so they brought a lawsuit. not sure how that one turned out but maybe look into that one too

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

perhaps!

istr there was also a case a while back where a pair of neo-nazis who had named their kid adolf hitler wanted wal-mart to make them a cake that read "happy birthday adolf hitler" but wal-mart refused so they brought a lawsuit. not sure how that one turned out but maybe look into that one too

didn't lil' adolf also get taken away by child protective services? or was that another kid unfortunate enough to be named adolf hitler. thanks mom and dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

"and that kid's name was adolf hitler!"