Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
What of depowered Sam lost custody due to being a supervision but Alex granted her visitation rights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Svensken posted:

What of depowered Sam lost custody due to being a supervision but Alex granted her visitation rights

Or hey, Sam and Alex hook up.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

This would also work, really just whatever keeps Odette Annable on the show and being a badass is fine with me.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Medullah posted:

I don't think Sam is gay/bi though? Although we haven't seen much of anything about her romantic life since she's Serious Business Working Mom.

That should be her superhero name after Kara punches the evil out of her, btw.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Chokes McGee posted:

I don't think Sam is gay/bi though? Although we haven't seen much of anything about her romantic life since she's Serious Business Working Mom.

That should be her superhero name after Kara punches the evil out of her, btw.

Alex's super power is to turn people gay. She inherited it from Sara Lance, Time Lesbian when they hooked up.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Make her Power Girl and you get the CW drama because she has to be a mother and a crime fighter.

Would she have a boob window?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's no way they burn the opportunity to put Melissa in a stupidly padded push up bra and have her show up as an alternate Kara.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
"Luthor Science will fix it!"

Narrator: It would not fix it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

There's no way they burn the opportunity to put Melissa in a stupidly padded push up bra and have her show up as an alternate Kara.

Bro, we are post Kreisberg

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I can see it going just about any way. Sam dies. Sam turns into Reign full time. Sam goes to jail. I guess i could see Sam joining Team Supergirl but it feels like the least likely option for me. I like Odette Annabelle so I'd like to see her hang around and do more than the cold, emotionless Reign character. But I don't know.

But yeah, Super Genius Lena's definitely gonna screw this up. Its gotta be satire at this stage.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
I kinda hope they don't have Reign join the team because they would have to keep upping the stakes on the badguys threatening the entire planet. Which also makes it weird when Superman won't fly over to help because Garglax the Destroyer has stopped the Earth's core or whatever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I can see it happening to replace Mon El if he goes back to the future. She'd fit in that sense for Kara's little mini team she's developing like Arrow and Flash have. But yeah, I think the power scope thing is the big problem. Kara's already tough enough that they've basically moved beyond the occasional minor meta human and alien threat. And half the time there's a whole "Wanna step in, J'onn?" aspect. Adding someone arguably tougher than Supergirl will just kind of escalate things.

Then again this episode kind of threw a question mark on if Mon El is going back so I have no idea.

Also, can I just say how it always makes me smile when Alex gets to be in the A Team with all the major guns? Uh oh... Purity is surrounded by a Kryptonian, a Daxamite, a Martian, and... a pissed off bad rear end human with a big rear end gun. Yay, Agent Danvers!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Either Reign and Sam get separated, or Sam sacrifices herself in some way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She has too, so Alex can adopt a half Kryptonian

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm definitely leaning towards "Alex gets a half Kryptonian kid" with the way this season's narrative has gone. There's just a bunch of different ways that can happen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

Either Reign and Sam get separated,

Tar Kryptonite time!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To be honest I didn't even really buy into the "Alex will adopt Ruby" thing at first. Like a lot of people I kind of thought Ruby might die to trigger Sam's transformation before she was revealed as The Kryptonian Candidate.

But as soon as someone pointed out that Ruby was half Kryptonian it was like "Oh, yeah. Alex is adopting that kid. Supergirl is her new aunt. Lena continues to know nothing. This is a no brainer."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The fact that Reign has been shown as stronger than Supergirl pretty much kills any idea that she'll stick around after this story arc. That doesn't rule out Sam staying around since they've shown that when she isn't Reign she doesn't have any powers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, there's no rule saying they can't depower her because of mumbo jumbo. And we all know the season is going to end with Supergirl overpowering her.

Reign's just not compelling as a hero in any way (which is why people joked about turning her into Power Girl) and her power set is very redundant and overpowering. And it just seems like more natural storytelling options open up with Alex, Kara, and Helen Slater having to raise a half Kryptonian kid.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Don't forget this is the CW and we need at least two super dramatic relationships at any given time.

It would basically be perfect for their usual routine if Sam was depowered and hooked up with Alex so they could both raise Ruby. Then Alex runs into Maggie and a comment like "I guess you really did want a child huh?" makes Alex meltdown because she thinks she is only with Sam because she has a kid blahblahblahblahblah

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Okay, I just caught up about 3-5 episodes and I have to say, even for a show full of gorgeous women, the actress playing Saturn Girl is just absurdly attractive. Can Mon-el go back the future and leave her behind? (I suspect we're getting the opposite).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

rapeface posted:

Okay, I just caught up about 3-5 episodes and I have to say, even for a show full of gorgeous women, the actress playing Saturn Girl is just absurdly attractive. Can Mon-el go back the future and leave her behind? (I suspect we're getting the opposite).

Indian blood. Her Instagram is :pervert:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I'm glad Mon-El exposited that his and Saturn Girl's marriage is entirely political so that he can break up with her after seven years with possibly no repercussions and go back to Kara at the end of the season, thus undermining his character growth in favor of more relationship drama.

I mean, they could not be doing this, but the fact they had to spend a whole episode on it just felt like so much foreshadowing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay apparently it's Legends of Tomorrow tonight, can someone remind me how this rotating schedule is going to work because I'm already confused and CW it is a bad idea to make it harder for people to keep track of when shows are

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay apparently it's Legends of Tomorrow tonight, can someone remind me how this rotating schedule is going to work because I'm already confused and CW it is a bad idea to make it harder for people to keep track of when shows are

Legends of Tomorrow takes over for nine weeks until April 16th. Once their season ends Supergirl will pick back up in mid-april and go into June.

It isn't really so much a rotating schedule as a two month break shortly after the midseason month long break.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maxwell Lord posted:

Speed Force

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
I assume the target audience of this show is YA? I mean, Alex and Kara and Lena have all shown the emotional fortitude of, well, teenagers.

I still like it and I enjoy the messages they are able to deliver with these horribly immature people, but, like, drat. Alex getting frazzled and dunked on by Pride, Lena thinking a taped, coerced confession is super-admittable evidence, and Kara's whole arc(s) about "I'm a Kryptonian, no I'm a human, maybe I'm both, let's start over".
These are supposed to be grown rear end, professional, top-of-their-field women.
At least Sam seems to be experiencing the proper fear and terror of what's happening to her.
The most mature women is Ruby. Even Imra had a weirdly inconsistent outburst just to give Mon-El an excuse to talk about their political marriage.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Aleph Null posted:

I assume the target audience of this show is YA? I mean, Alex and Kara and Lena have all shown the emotional fortitude of, well, teenagers.

I still like it and I enjoy the messages they are able to deliver with these horribly immature people, but, like, drat. Alex getting frazzled and dunked on by Pride, Lena thinking a taped, coerced confession is super-admittable evidence, and Kara's whole arc(s) about "I'm a Kryptonian, no I'm a human, maybe I'm both, let's start over".
These are supposed to be grown rear end, professional, top-of-their-field women.
At least Sam seems to be experiencing the proper fear and terror of what's happening to her.
The most mature women is Ruby. Even Imra had a weirdly inconsistent outburst just to give Mon-El an excuse to talk about their political marriage.

CWForce

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aleph Null posted:

I assume the target audience of this show is YA?

The target audience of all these shows is YA.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Supergirl is back tonight, fools.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Huh, Beastie Boys, excellent

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Laurie Metcalf is just everyone's mom now apparently

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Dementia storylines always hit me hard. :smith:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, Mon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Karaoke was a good way to open the episode.

I forgot, but the last time we saw Sam and Lena, Sam had a little worldkiller freakout right?

howe_sam posted:

And he just got done with 300 years of prison / torture :smith:

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

howe_sam posted:

I can very much see why they opened with wacky fun karaoke to balance that out. David Harewood and Carl Lumbly are so drat good that it makes it hit that much harder as well.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
So the girl who played the baddie also played Catherine, the kidnapped girl in Silence of the Lambs. Hence Mom-Winn's line about "Buffalo Bill" was an in joke.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

howe_sam posted:

Huh, Beastie Boys, excellent

That WAS pretty excellent.

And Supergirl beating those flying monkeys with that stick was pretty rad, too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I forgot, but the last time we saw Sam and Lena, Sam had a little worldkiller freakout right?

Yes. She shifted in front of Lena, who promised to help her and find a way to fix it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I was expecting the mother to be behind it, targeting herself. Her manic moments of dark humor, mentioning she used to be Toyman's assistant, they definitely had things in common even if she isn't psychotic.