Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
but seriously the actual real reason rural folks tend to hate the left and the democrats is the kind of paternalism in that article that, lo, played out over the course of the last page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

MizPiz posted:

loving lol that you think extortion is some sort of genius mind trick

It's not genius, but it means that voting patterns are deformed.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

but seriously the actual real reason rural folks tend to hate the left and the democrats is the kind of paternalism in that article that, lo, played out over the course of the last page

Lo and behold, in absence of a liberal force in their communities, people turn to conservatism.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Al! posted:

I'm sure there's an element of that, but I think they're generally just assholes.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Animal-Mother posted:

I'm sure there's an element of that, but I think they're generally just assholes.

i bet that lady smells like old ham and room temp mayo

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Animal-Mother posted:

There are assholes in all parties, doesn't mean people in general deserve to die (joking, people as a species must be stopped)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

nobody deserves to die, i think it's both undemocratic and condescending to disregard people's vote for their own death

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
North Koreans deserve to be wiped off the face of the Earth because they all freely voted for the Kim family, says poster Al!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Glad to know Al thinks black people deserve to be targeted for imprisonment since they supported the 1994 Crime Bill

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

the vast majority of people in Kentucky don’t vote, because liberal democracy is a sham.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
the vast majority of people in america are too poor to go vote

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the vast majority of people in Kentucky don’t vote, because liberal democracy is a sham.

Non voters deserve to die for not worshipping the one and only hillary

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the vast majority of people in america are too poor to go vote

You cant be too poor to vote for Hillary, who sells letters of absolution for as little as $27

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

MizPiz posted:

Glad to know Al thinks black people deserve to be targeted for imprisonment since they supported the 1994 Crime Bill

woah there guy, idk if any black people actually voted for the 1994 crime bill like bernie sanders did and like these people voted to keep their water toxic. it sounds like you would be a bigger supporter of that bill since it stripped so many people of the right to vote

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

woah there guy, idk if any black people actually voted for the 1994 crime bill like bernie sanders did and like these people voted to keep their water toxic. it sounds like you would be a bigger supporter of that bill since it stripped so many people of the right to vote

lol, you don't really know anything about policy history, do you.

black community leaders were convinced by the Clinton machine to support a bill that, while imperfect, promised to lower crime rates - http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2016/02/why_many_black_politicians_backed_the_1994_crime_bill_championed_by_the.html

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

lol, you don't really know anything about politics, do you

im literally an award-winning political scientist lmfao

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
"I don't know anything about politics, but let me tell you why you are wrong and why I'm a smart idea leader who deserves to be heard"

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

So were Albert Einstein and Adolf Hitler (secretly one person)

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Al! posted:

*incredulously gestures to labcoat stained with various politics*

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

lol, you don't really know anything about policy history, do you.

black community leaders were convinced by the Clinton machine to support a bill that, while imperfect, promised to lower crime rates - http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2016/02/why_many_black_politicians_backed_the_1994_crime_bill_championed_by_the.html

i said voted for the bill, people support all sorts of things. no, the responsibility for the crime bill should solely fall at the feet of the people who voted for it, like bernie sanders, and not people who had no say in the matter. same with people voting to keep their water poisoned, seems like they made their choice in a far more democratic manner than voting for a representative and then pressuring them to vote for a bill

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

i said voted for the bill, people support all sorts of things. no, the responsibility for the crime bill should solely fall at the feet of the people who voted for it, like bernie sanders, and not people who had no say in the matter. same with people voting to keep their water poisoned, seems like they made their choice in a far more democratic manner than voting for a representative and then pressuring them to vote for a bill

lol, we have a very own historical revisionist libertarian

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
perhaps the good citizens of poorsville should have considered the consequences of outlawing doctors and other wizards

augias
Apr 7, 2009

Is this what its like to read dnd?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
i made someone in there put me on ignore for refusing to use capital letters and punctuation once

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Why did the people of the county where the Democrats decided to defund all activities vote Republican?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Thankfully Schumer decided to revive the 50 states strategy *Curb Your Enthusiasm THeme*

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015

My bird blood is ethically sourced.

augias posted:

Is this what its like to read dnd?

Yep. Except youre being forced to do it, unlike republican voters who will die for their right to suck poo poo and piss and cum to own da libs

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

MizPiz posted:

You're on the correct side of this argument but your analogy is so mind-bogglingly bad that I've decided to join the incorrect side. gently caress the rurals.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Al! posted:

So is Candice Aiston

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

steinrokkan posted:

There are assholes in all parties, doesn't mean people in general deserve to die (joking, people as a species must be stopped)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2YVRu09nAo&t=14s

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Al! posted:

no, it's literally in the second paragraph of the article

So your entire argument stems from one guy not liking a specific proposed solution that incidentally would hit the poorest the hardest, ya monumental dingus.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

steinrokkan posted:

"I don't know anything about politics, but let me tell you why you are wrong and why I'm a smart idea leader who deserves to be heard"

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

why would you possibly want to fix the cumwater

its free protein

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

So your entire argument stems from one guy not liking a specific proposed solution that incidentally would hit the poorest the hardest, ya monumental dingus.

i started out as ironically making that argument but now i've been radicalized because some confused dnd guys are calling me names

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
everyone in this thread should be banned (including me)

edit: the guy who posted the Divine thing is cool though

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Al! posted:

i started out as ironically making that argument but now i've been radicalized because some confused dnd guys are calling me names

So you admit to being dumber than the guy in your anecdote.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Peanut President posted:

everyone in this thread should be banned (including me)

edit: the guy who posted the Divine thing is cool though

Unban Peanut President!!!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

So you admit to being dumber than the guy in your anecdote.

wtf is wrong with you lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

wish he stinerocouldent