Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I dunno, as someone who still likes LU and wants the storylines to continue, I also want the talent to have as much freedom as possible to work elsewhere (it's legit lovely to hold them to contracts when they haven't been paid in over a year). I really hope they come up with some sort of compromise where I can have my stupid Lucha Sci-Fi Nonsense AND the wrestlers get some measure of career mobility and exposure in healthier promotions. But that's probably naive of me.

Ah well, at least we don't have to watch Sexy Star again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Pinwiz11 posted:

Same, but Sami Callihan joining Suzuki-gun.

NJPW feels lacking in the "dude what kicks people in the head" department lately, so I'm 10,000% down for this.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dave says LU is telling talent if they're unhappy and want out, they will let them out of their contracts as long as they agree to come to one set of tapings to be written off.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Also apparently AroLucha started up based on the idea that there wasn't going to be a season 4 of LU, and now there is concern that they'll actually be able to get the talent they wanted.

That doesn't exactly seem like a sound basis for a new promotion.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Part of me is kinda morbid and wants the first three episodes of LU season 4 to just be 80% of the cast being written off.

"Our first main event! King Cuerno, Cage, Mil Muertes, Jeremiah Crane and Rey Mysterio are all fighting for the gauntlet! My god, he did it! El Mariachi Loco has won the gauntlet and he just punched a hole through the rest of the fighters! And Angelico got hit by the thunderous impact also! Vampiro, what do you have to say about this?!"
"If you look closely, you can see that the gauntlet has actually consumed Rey Mysterio's soul and he has now turned into ash. I always knew that's how his career would end. Join us next week when Drago, Fenix and Pentagon Dark have a The Floor Is Lava Match, surely they will all survive."
"We just got reports that Aerostar and Argenis have been spotted in the stratosphere, may the gods aid them in their fight against the war martians and i hope we see them again sometime."

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Part of me is kinda morbid and wants the first three episodes of LU season 4 to just be 80% of the cast being written off.

"Our first main event! King Cuerno, Cage, Mil Muertes, Jeremiah Crane and Rey Mysterio are all fighting for the gauntlet! My god, he did it! El Mariachi Loco has won the gauntlet and he just punched a hole through the rest of the fighters! And Angelico got hit by the thunderous impact also! Vampiro, what do you have to say about this?!"
"If you look closely, you can see that the gauntlet has actually consumed Rey Mysterio's soul and he has now turned into ash. I always knew that's how his career would end. Join us next week when Drago, Fenix and Pentagon Dark have a The Floor Is Lava Match, surely they will all survive."
"We just got reports that Aerostar and Argenis have been spotted in the stratosphere, may the gods aid them in their fight against the war martians and i hope we see them again sometime."

El Mariachi Loco vs. Mascarita Sagrada in an all season long match.

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Famous B: "You look like you have something to say Texano, do you?"

Texano: "I have to go now my planet needs me."

Texano died on his way to his home planet.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/wXwGermany/status/947467475779772416

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Glad to head they're both going to be back.

It's going to be fun to watch other promotions adjust. I fully expect Fenix to drop his AAW belt, probably to Riddle (ugh), before the filming starts. Fortunately the condensed filming schedule should make it easier for everyone to plan.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
I also learned that wXw will have Toni Storm on the 20th and 21st. That might sell a ticket right here.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I can't believe Pentagon Dark didn't only take Prince Puma's career away, but also the Temple's.

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/lucha-underground-season-4-new-temple-pics-tickets/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Aren't the tapings for the new season supposed to be happening about now? But not in the Temple, and maybe without Dario?

No... no I refuse to believe it will be without Dario. That's not possible.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Aren't the tapings for the new season supposed to be happening about now? But not in the Temple, and maybe without Dario?

No... no I refuse to believe it will be without Dario. That's not possible.

Tickets go up tomorrow, recordings should be in early March IIRC.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Man, if Dario isn't involved, what's even the point?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Takuan posted:

Man, if Dario isn't involved, what's even the point?

If it ends up Dario is dead, but is replaced by his dad (who is played by Dario with a fake mustache), I will be 100% on board.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I choose to believe Dario will be back, even if he's not there for the first couple of episodes. :ohdear:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I love that upon hearing there was a cold theme, the writer of that article immediately thought of a Glacier cameo as did I.

Show needs Dario though.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Dario has been on ice since the shooting? :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

If only there was a way to bring back the dead. :smith: if only there were At Least Two Characters Or More That Can And Have Brought The Dead Back To Life.

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/963429212404289537

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

It's too bad they're leaving the temple. It had a really cool vibe, and you could see most of the filming locations when you went through it.

Vilkata
Jun 22, 2004

I never finished season 3. Is there anywhere online to stream or purchase it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's on Itunes, isn't it?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I think it's almost everywhere. I bought it through Amazon.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

It's on Itunes, isn't it?

yep, that's what I did. Didn't they have a deal with Netflix too?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but season 3 isn’t up yet.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

Tickets for season 4 tapings are up on their Eventbrite, looks like a way better system.

AKA Driver
Apr 5, 2004
To the bubblecraft! Set control to hypochondria!
Tickets just went live for the first set of tapings: http://lu4.eventbrite.com

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The first two seasons are still on Netflix, but I haven't heard anything about when Season 3 will be added

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
If it goes live like all the other in-production TV shows on Netflix, season 3 will go up just before season 4 starts airing on the network.

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Feb 14, 2018

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/DragoAAA/status/965335915265699840

:allears:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Congratulations Lucha Underground for getting a WM weekend show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Lucha Underground just sent Ryan Satin a cease and desist about publishing Season 4 spoilers and demanded he turn over his sources.

He told them to gently caress off.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
As he should.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cubsfan posted:

I understand people not being happy about spoilers being out, and not wanting things out that shouldn’t be out. I can not understand legally threatening people about it. I especially can’t understand going after people for talking what’s being taped for the show in a world where the people who are actually on the show are talking about the show. I know there’s a cage match this weekend because the lead writer posted about it. I know there’s a good chance Tessa Blanchard is on the tapings this weekend because Taya posted a photo with her. I know LAX are in Los Angeles too for no obvious reason, so maybe they’ll be visiting Temple too. I can go on, there is plenty more. I don’t want to because this is not about getting people in trouble, this is about how much comedy it is to think you’re going to keep something like this quiet in 2018.

You can make a case that finding out what happens will diminish people’s interest in what has occurred. I’m not sure that’s conclusively correct, especially with a show on a network (and an advertising budget) the size of El Rey, where any buzz to remind people the show exists is a helpful thing. But let’s run with it: let’s say spoilers are costing them money. Other things costing Lucha Underground money: the lack of LU merchandise, the lack of promotion of the merchandise they do have, the lack of live shows, the lack of a third season streaming deal, the lack of international deals in obvious places like the UK. Somehow, Lucha Libre FMV always has time and money for lawyers and nothing else. It’s that dril tweet come to life. The difference between Lucha Underground being a success and not being a success is not Lucha Underground spoilers. This is all wasted energy when they really do need that energy for other things.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
it just makes more people talk about it! it’s a very stupid tactic!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I just assume any spoilers come from Vampiro just wandering about telling complete strangers random tidbits of info at 3am in the morning. v:shobon:v

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

more like sueya intotheground

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
my favorite thing is the LU stans in Ryan's replies who apparently think it's a reasonable ask that a dirtsheet not report TV taping results

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My fav part (aside from Cubsfan's comments obviously) is the Satin report they got pissed about had literally 0 match results listed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Lol LU what are you doing? :laffo:

I so want the new production schedule to work out, hopefully this is just another weird blip in the production. I'm totally not surprised that they misread the room, however.

• Locked thread