Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

FirstAidKite posted:

Wait, nomura was in charge of all the bravest? lmao, square what the gently caress

It was conceived by Nomura and developed by the TWEWY/Kingdon Hearts team.

The Hiroyuki Itou here is a different person than the one who worked on FFT/FFIX/FFXII.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Jeeze

What an awful game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

codenameFANGIO posted:

One of my old high school classmates runs Vicarious Visions and was in charge of the Crash Bandicoot remake, but the last week or so he has been working on a Destiny 2 test build so obviously his career has its ups and downs

One of my friends from school worked for Free Radical on long forgotten PS3 FPS Haze.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what was all the bravest

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

what was all the bravest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYd12L4iE4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A lovely mobile game that was slightly worse than all the other lovely mobile games.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
One last thing about my friend and HZD (I haven't looked through Facebook in a while and I'm getting a lot at once): She hadn't come out as trans when the game was released, so her old name was included in the credits. Her post about her being in the credits didn't mention this, so it's not like she was complaining; she was excited to be part of an amazing game. Then, when the Frozen Wilds came out, Guerrilla updated the credits to reflect her new, real name. It's one of those "minimal effort to show we care" things that I like to see, like the Legend of Grimrock developers including the ability to move your characters by clicking on buttons instead of keyboard commands after a disabled gamer asked them about it. Or anytime a game comes with a few colorblind options.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Palpek posted:

I'm still mad the actually grimdark early vision for Epic Mickey didn't see the light of day.

I remember feeling the hype for this, it was such a loving waste of Warren Spector when those two games finally came out. And Disney has gotten incredibly grimdark RE: the post right below yours, they basically own everything and are a crippling monolithic nightmare on the film industry.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

super mario but mario is like hyper realistic and gross and yoshi has venom teeth. and also yoshi has a gun

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

oddium posted:

super mario but mario is like hyper realistic and gross
It's already done:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay so going back to my Kingdom Come: Deliverance talk; the game has a quest where you throw poo poo at a house.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Okay so going back to my Kingdom Come: Deliverance talk; the game has a quest where you throw poo poo at a house.

Monster Hunter has let you throw poo poo for years. Hell, world even has a dungmaster skill.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
that'll show those lousy house-havers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The doo-doo truck from Saints Row 2 makes its triumphant return

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I said come in! posted:

Did you buy it? There are some conflicting reports on it so I'd like to hear some first-hand impressions. Apparently the combat is good but the gameworld is barren and the game's buggy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Palpek posted:

Did you buy it? There are some conflicting reports on it so I'd like to hear some first-hand impressions. Apparently the combat is good but the gameworld is barren and the game's buggy.

No, watching someone on Twitch play it. https://www.twitch.tv/catfu decided to hold off for now once I heard about how buggy it was.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Palpek posted:

It's already done:

beautiful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUWVhBnMQG0

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Endorph posted:

Henry Kissinger: so long, gay cambodia

This definitely is a real quote

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
the twitch streams of kingdom cum: kind of expensive for an 11 year old mod are pretty loving funny and when this game is $5 in a humble I will certainly buy it

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

I said come in! posted:

No, watching someone on Twitch play it. https://www.twitch.tv/catfu decided to hold off for now once I heard about how buggy it was.

The game seems to be doing well on Twitch, especially with European streamers. These days, Twitch viewership is more important than your metacritic score.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

codenameFANGIO posted:

One of my old high school classmates runs Vicarious Visions and was in charge of the Crash Bandicoot remake, but the last week or so he has been working on a Destiny 2 test build so obviously his career has its ups and downs

Did he ever get to personally create a Skylander?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Can't wait to get my rear end kicked in these games again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXL70O_Sbpg

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Samuringa posted:

Can't wait to get my rear end kicked in these games again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXL70O_Sbpg

#NotMyDante

For real though, isn't DMC2 considered to be straight up bad?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah but 1 is good and 3 is very good.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

If it's any consolation, getting a job writing for AAA video games is akin to winning the lottery but with a tiny, tiny fraction of the pay.

Also, now that Skylanders is on the shelf Vi Vi are basically a farm for Destiny 2 overflow and from what I hear people there aren't super excited about it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Mordja posted:

#NotMyDante

For real though, isn't DMC2 considered to be straight up bad?

dmc2 is potentially the worst action game ever made but dmc1 is insanely deserving of a pc release and dmc3 is insanely deserving of a good pc port

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I can't stand DMC's control scheme now. Bayonetta's sinplified controls have spoiled me.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is there any isthereanydeal but also for console games/console shops?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
In the same way Kamiya hinted that Devil May Cry and Bayonetta are connected, so too are Skylanders and Star Control.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dynasty Warriors 9 looks extremely bad, and yet I'm seeing videos calling it the best game in the series?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

chumbler posted:

Dynasty Warriors 9 looks extremely bad, and yet I'm seeing videos calling it the best game in the series?

Anybody can say anything online

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Gotta use a trusted source

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find anybody willing to say the de facto worst game in any series was actually the best.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

Seriously, is there any other video game series that would require as many footnotes to explain the plot as kingdom hearts? Metal gear is the only other one that comes to mind. With kingdom hearts, if someone who doesn't know what the games are about asks about the story then you're gonna be stuck having to explain all of these different concepts. It's almost never anything simple like "sora wields the special legendary weapon known as the keyblade because of willpower and friendship," instead it's gotta be like "sora wields the keyblade because his heart naturally reached out and healed the broken and dying heart of another person who was trained to wield the keyblade so now sora can wield the keyblade thanks to his heart's connection to this other individual who is now chilling inside sora's body and also the keyblade isn't a special unique thing only a few can wield, it's just a weapon that pretty much everybody can get so it isn't even special that sora can wield one"

Anyone have that giant Kingdom Hearts flowchart?

The Colonel posted:

dmc2 is potentially the worst action game ever made but dmc1 is insanely deserving of a pc release and dmc3 is insanely deserving of a good pc port

I remember Dante having a "run up the wall, jump off, shoot guns on the way down" move but the fight arenas were so wide open you hardly had any chance to use it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

Gotta use a trusted source

This dude is obsessed with musou and even he hates it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

This dude is obsessed with musou and even he hates it

"Dynasty Warriors 9 really puts the 'hack' in hack n' slash"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The main thing I remember about DMC2 is that the final boss (or a boss near the end, gently caress if I remember) is a giant circular blob thing split into parts and once you beat a part you can stand in the blank dead part and hit him from complete safety.

Also that the full game is on both discs because you can just swap them midgame and it'll work fine.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like skylanders and hope to see them return with more some day

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Phantasium posted:

Also that the full game is on both discs because you can just swap them midgame and it'll work fine.

How the heck did that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Saint Freak posted:

"Dynasty Warriors 9 really puts the 'hack' in hack n' slash"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufe0hdtZ_To

• Locked thread