Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Viewtiful Jew posted:

In the same way Kamiya hinted that Devil May Cry and Bayonetta are connected, so too are Skylanders and Star Control.
So does that mean Crash and Spyro are canon in Star Control too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Accordion Man posted:

So does that mean Crash and Spyro are canon in Star Control too?

And Bowser who can be summoned by Bayonetta when she wears her Princess outfits so she is as well.

Video games are just an endless galaxy of connections.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Which video game connects to Tommy Westphall?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

haveblue posted:

Which video game connects to Tommy Westphall?
Either Mario or Street Fighter.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Accordion Man posted:

Either Mario or Street Fighter.

When in doubt, always go with Street Fighter and Ryu in particular.

Dude has fought scores of people over the decades.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Literally no one on earth was chomping at the bit for an open world dynasty warriors, i can't imagine what they were thinking other than "open world games are popular right now, why not"

Fire emblem warriors is still good though and soon hyrule warriors will be on switch

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

tap my mountain posted:

How the heck did that happen?

The two discs of the game are just different characters, so I think if you have the one character loaded already it just takes what it needs from the disc.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I watched a couple of streams of Kingdom Come and it actually looks pretty solid. I'm digging the setting. The direction and cinematography are also way more Witcher 3-like than competition.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

kingdom cum

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did Kingdom Come exist before yesterday or am I the only one that hadn't heard of it

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

People were talking about it but mostly in unrelated threads.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I keep thinking people are talking about the graphic novel from the 90s

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It was kickstarted 4-5 years ago and got some buzz around last year's E3, that's the first I heard about it. Looks like your standard eurojank RPG.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I wish they were

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

It seems less janky than Skyrim and the historical setting instead of a fantasy one sets it apart. Graphically it looks really good but there's also some sort of uncanny valley effect going.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Feb 13, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://i.imgur.com/48sRYlg.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/Jz2FZgj.mp4

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

kingdom cum

more like KingDumb Come XD

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samuringa posted:

Can't wait to get my rear end kicked in these games again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXL70O_Sbpg

:parrot:

But DMC5 when Capcom???

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grand dynasty auto

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Where is she getting those arrows from.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

exquisite tea posted:

Where is she getting those arrows from.

https://i.imgur.com/WBeiBlS.mp4

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Saint Freak posted:

Gotta use a trusted source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boU_gHy67CQ

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oof DW9 looks bad

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Palpek posted:

It seems less janky than Skyrim and the historical setting instead of a fantasy one sets it apart. Graphically it looks really good but there's also some sort of uncanny valley effect going.

History Skyrim sounds extremely cool if that's what it is. The exact location/period isn't the best they could have done but on the other hand I know very little about fourteenth century Germany so maybe it's cooler than I think!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Not to be this guy but isn't Kingdom Come the game Kickstartered by that alt-right gamergater person?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Oof DW9 looks bad

It's a ploy to make All Stars look better by comparison. It may have been mediocre with some dumb systems, but it was still a musou game.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Like I take everything Sterling says with a grain of salt as a general rule but man the way he describes the game is dire. Like Musou games have always been a thing that people don't get make fun of but if you groove with what it's going for, you'll at least have a good time. In adding the open work they seemed to have just got rid of almost everything that fans love in favor of open world poo poo that was tired 5 years ago.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

mutata posted:

Not to be this guy but isn't Kingdom Come the game Kickstartered by that alt-right gamergater person?
It is.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Why not glance at the hundreds of bad reviews? Jim is a piece of garbage, but the other reviewers agree with him.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

mutata posted:

yea

https://twitter.com/medievalpoc/status/571035585412001792

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Going from never having heard of it to being excited to being disgusted within an hour, what a roller coaster of emotions

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y21RkEM9i8g&t=553s

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can already tell KCD is going to be yet another smashing success for no reason that makes any sense to me

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Going from never having heard of it to being excited to being disgusted within an hour, what a roller coaster of emotions

I remember the first time I learned about sex.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Holy poo poo they put PUBG on phones what a mistake, at least the commercial looks ridiculous (and 1000x more fun than the actual game)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3L_tcPw0Y0

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I liked Bladestorm, a blend of the dumb action in Musou games but a heavier focus on real time strategy. You basically controlled both a super soldier and an army of mooks at the same time, sort of flipping perspectives, but the focus was largely on the strategy side with terrain being important.

Like it's endlessly frustrating to me that we missed all the deeper strategy and open world RPGs. Get together with Paradox, Koei, I'm sure they'd love to publish that poo poo.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anybody else playing The Fall 2? I'm at what I assume is the halfway point and loving it so far.

There's a part where you have to make a huge field of motionless robots head bob to some heavy metal.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

a bad game made by a bad person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

cheetah7071 posted:

A real Milkshake Duck

• Locked thread