Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

In the back seat do I can prop my legs up on the front seats like I'm at an obgyn appointment and blast the car full of rear end gas. Mmm garlic adobo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
On driver’s lap

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Back seat behind driver. Least chance of getting groped from there.

cnut
May 3, 2016

Beside the driver so I can give manual stimulation to him/her. As a tip, you see.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

you can just say “when you order a car” dumbass you don’t have to be such a muppet

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Backseat passenger side, as was ordained

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
It might be okay to sit in the front seat because Uber is a young business so every driver is your best friend automatically. But maybe my driver doesn't believe corporations shouldnt play the role of humans beings. Or that they should and Uber isn't really your best friend and wants the relationship to remain professional. This means creating as much distance as possible between client and clientele whether it's physical or emotional. Where do you sit in the car ride? It's different than a taxi. The rules are completely different. I don't want to be rude and awkward. I want to feel good! What is the right seat?

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

yeah I eat rear end posted:

People who sit in the front and they're the only passenger are weird. The Uber guy is my driver, not my friend that I want to talk to. I prefer the only interaction to be "hi, where to" in the beginning and "that'll be ____" at the end.

You know, you can enter your end destination beforehand. And the cost is sent to your phone afterwards. So even that's more than you need.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

people generally go along with whatever marketing terminology they’re fed so it’s not surprising they use uber and lyft as verbs, but i think that particular one is so strong (versus ones like “getting starbucks/getting coffee or “i’ll send you the money/i’ll squarecash you”) is because we’re (at least in the US) culturally pretty deeply uncomfortable with saying “ordering a car” and “being driven” because that was until very recently the exclusive domain of rich people + we don’t like being reminded that we’re complicit in working class exploitation

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
i actually sit in the front. i didnt think it was weird until a housemate mentioned how she never sits up front. i asked a friend and he said he sits in the passenger seat.

im also pretty chatty most of the time. i will probably continue to sit in the front like a weirdo.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Cosmik Slop posted:

You know, you can enter your end destination beforehand. And the cost is sent to your phone afterwards. So even that's more than you need.

I wish they'd install dividers in their car so they can't even try to talk to me if I tell them to close the thing.

nextlevelstart
Feb 26, 2015
Hmm if I had to choose I'd pick based on comfort. I have a hard time sitting in most seats because recently ive been having horrible eczema. I've also been extremely sleep deprived from the constant itching that triggers my restless leg syndrome forcing me to alleviate the symptoms through masturbation, drugs and alcohol. It helps with falling asleep but not with staying asleep as i viciously scratch my perineum and anus until it bleeds and then rub it all in my eyes.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
in the back

where I belong

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I wish they'd install dividers in their car so they can't even try to talk to me if I tell them to close the thing.

This except the car is driverless and the road is a dark frictionless tube that I can glide nude through to my destination immediately with absolutely no human interaction or other stimulation at all.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

I sit in the passenger back seat so I can keep my eye on the driver. You never know when those crazy boys will start cranking the hog or throwing spitballs back at you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

This except the car is driverless and the road is a dark frictionless tube that I can glide nude through to my destination immediately with absolutely no human interaction or other stimulation at all.

No, the driver is essential so you get that feeling of being superior to somebody who is doing your bidding for small amounts of money.

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.
I sit in the front (and FWIW anecdotal evidence seems to show that front seat = higher rating, if that's your thing)

I don't give a poo poo where you sit, but people who sit in the back 'to show the driver who's in charge' got some brain problems goin' on.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
On my uber chair, it's nice. You'd like it but I'm not going to show it to you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Serak posted:

I sit in the front (and FWIW anecdotal evidence seems to show that front seat = higher rating, if that's your thing)

I don't give a poo poo where you sit, but people who sit in the back 'to show the driver who's in charge' got some brain problems goin' on.

I don't give a poo poo about my rating, if they give me no stars for sitting in the back and not talking and ban me from the app i'll just call a real taxi. For the record the only time I did take an uber instead of a taxi I did get 5 stars and I didn't say a word aside from my destination and "thanks" at the end and sat in the back.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't give a poo poo about my rating, if they give me no stars for sitting in the back and not talking and ban me from the app i'll just call a real taxi. For the record the only time I did take an uber instead of a taxi I did get 5 stars and I didn't say a word aside from my destination and "thanks" at the end and sat in the back.

drat dude that's super impressive.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Cabs in my city are typically 2.5x the cost of Uber so screw that noise imo

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Big Beef City posted:

drat dude that's super impressive.

i know, it's almost like the stars are arbitrary and treating it like some video game where there are optimal strategies to get the max stars is stupid as hell.

mr_gay_sex_fan
Dec 20, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I've driven Uber in the past and I was always more comfortable with the passenger sitting in the back. In fact, multiple times passengers have tried to sit in the front and I told them I'd be more comfortable if they sat in the back.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I doubt the drivers give a poo poo to them it is probably more of a binary "worth dealing with for the fare or no."

The stars suck for the drivers bc thanks to dipshits they have to go above and beyond what should be required or even normal for them to do in order to not fall below like 4.7 or whatever.

I just give everyone a 5, even that one dude who had no idea where he was going and his GPS died on him so I had to give him directions for the back half of the ride.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

what’s funny is passengers have it all wrong about what drivers care about. idgaf where someone sits but i’m so loving sick of being asked the same four bullshit smalltalk questions

“do you also drive for uber/lyft?” and its inevitable followup “which one do you like more?”
“is this your full time / what else do you do?”
“are you from the city?”

and the most popular one of all, the one that i genuinely have to work to keep the annoyance out of my voice when answering: “has it been busy?”

what the gently caress kind of question is that? what the gently caress conversation do you expect to blossom out of a fuckin’ yes or no question, especially one that’s so knuckle-draggingly obvious that literally half of anyone who makes conversation rolls it out. gently caress you, personally, to hell

conversation is nice and I’ve had plenty of interesting and fun conversations with passengers but 100% of the good ones put more effort into it than blurting out the first thing that pops into their head, and 100% of them were about something other than my mind-numbingly dull fake internet car job

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 13, 2018

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
I Driving Miss Daisy that poo poo

Also

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Always in the front unless I'm reaaaaal drunk.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Moridin920 posted:

I just give everyone a 5, even that one dude who had no idea where he was going and his GPS died on him so I had to give him directions for the back half of the ride.

This is why stars on such a thing are meaningless. I can understand why you do it because you don't want to cost someone a job but objectively that is an awful experience and if he was at least apologetic warranted at best 3 stars. If a regular taxi driver got lost you'd probably call his company immediately and accuse him of scamming you and stiff him on the tip. Even if your GPS goes out, as a supposed professional transportation guy you should at least know the area well enough to not need turn by turn directions.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

also get out of the car on the curb side you dim-witted dipshit, this isn’t whatever suburban shithole you moved here from, our lanes are small and we have things like cyclists and motorcycles who would prefer you don’t kill them. the good news is, dooring is an automatic at-fault accident on the part of the person who opened the door, so you’ll be buying me a new door.

and stay on the curb until i’ve pulled up so I can pull all the way over and get out of the way of traffic, you clueless self-centered gently caress.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I don't think I'd like the idea of being alone with a stranger in my car and having them sit behind me.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is why stars on such a thing are meaningless. I can understand why you do it because you don't want to cost someone a job but objectively that is an awful experience and if he was at least apologetic warranted at best 3 stars. If a regular taxi driver got lost you'd probably call his company immediately and accuse him of scamming you and stiff him on the tip. Even if your GPS goes out, as a supposed professional transportation guy you should at least know the area well enough to not need turn by turn directions.

Yeah :shrug:

You're not wrong. In general I also don't like the concept of Uber skirting regulations and being lazy about hiring practices then putting the onus on the customer to filter out their employees sorry independent contractors for them.

But yeah objectively dude was 2-3 stars at best.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Nice meltdown

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
coiled around mistress' feet on the floor like an animal

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

scott zoloft posted:

I don't think I'd like the idea of being alone with a stranger in my car and having them sit behind me.
If they do anything funny, just like crash into something at 60 mph. Carjackers dont wear seatbelts.

Colonel Cancer fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 13, 2018

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!
In the front passenger seat which is why my rating is trash.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

scott zoloft posted:

you're in the wrong line of work then. Imagine how airplane pilots must feel.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

you're in the wrong line of work then. Imagine how airplane pilots must feel.

extremely safe, at all times

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

ElectricSheep posted:

extremely safe, at all times

Except from children. Those little bastards have free access to the cockpit (at least before takeoff) in the recent flights i've been on and who knows what they are up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I never use Uber because it's an abusive company run by Nazis. Lyft is much better.

• Locked thread