Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Midnightghoul posted:

I'm not going to try to start a fight with rovert or anything over the plans obviously changing but I just want to say this is way funnier than Lio Rush being on 205 Live

If the Observer or PWInsider don't report that was was a change in plan I'll take the L. But I even got a DM this afternoon saying it was Lio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/963626845559144449

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I heard they told a suspected leaky faucet that it was Lio to make sure they had the right guy, even though it was murphy all along. and that said employee is "gone forever, big time, in more ways than one, nonspecifically" now

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow. I can't believe Rovert got some intern killed.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

rovert posted:

If the Observer or PWInsider don't report that was was a change in plan I'll take the L. But I even got a DM this afternoon saying it was Lio.

Lio hasn't wrestled since Lars squashed him. Feels like a Dream scenario.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I used Roberts scoop to bet half my savings on the 205 live tournament brackets help my family is dying

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

VJeff posted:

Wow. I can't believe Rovert got some intern killed.

Dead interns get resurrected as Tye Dillinger, it's fine.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

Dead interns get resurrected as Tye Dillinger, it's fine.

Yeah but it takes 10 of 'em to make a full one

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But only 5 to make a Big E, so you do have to choose carefully.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Putting it in here ~just in case~, but Asuka is being advertised for RAW events in May. (Obviously subject to change, and not exactly 100% trusthworthy, but still interesting)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
On Lio/205 Live the change tp Buddy Murphy was made last Thursday. It was Triple H's call after a coach told him Buddy would be a better fit as he's much closer to being cut that Lio is. A fish or cut bait situation if you remember that ESPN WWE NXT Behind the Curtain special. As I said in the past Buddy is seen as uncoachable and has a bad attitude. This is considered Buddy's last chance to impress.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

Putting it in here ~just in case~, but Asuka is being advertised for RAW events in May. (Obviously subject to change, and not exactly 100% trusthworthy, but still interesting)

Knowing WWE creative, Asuka will challenge Charlotte for the Smackdown title but stay on Raw, with Michael Cole hyping how this is the first time ever a woman from Raw fought a woman from Smackdown, and then Asuka will win the Smackdown title at Mania, but stay on Raw, and the angle will be "How can Asuka keep the Smackdown title when she's on Raw?!" because nothing matters.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I hope Daivari taps Murphy out in like 30 seconds

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

fart blood posted:

Knowing WWE creative, Asuka will challenge Charlotte for the Smackdown title but stay on Raw, with Michael Cole hyping how this is the first time ever a woman from Raw fought a woman from Smackdown, and then Asuka will win the Smackdown title at Mania, but stay on Raw, and the angle will be "How can Asuka keep the Smackdown title when she's on Raw?!" because nothing matters.

Unless they unify the women’s titles once they merge the PPVs

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Still very early, so I expect these odds to swing around, but here are a few markets apparently for Elimination Chamber. In the case of the EC matches, I only listed the top two people (or other odds that interest me).

Sports Dime Lines:

Asuka vs Nia Jax:

Asuka: -900
Nia Jax: +900

Women's Elimination Chamber:

Alexa Bliss: -120
Sasha Banks: +200

Men's Elimination Chamber:

Roman Reigns: -600
Everyone but Elias: +1900
Elias: +7000

Kambi only has odds up for the two ECs, and Alexa and Roman are both the favorites for those matches. -200 (edit: now -300) and -700 respectively.

They did republish several markets like who is leaving Wrestlemania as champ, however! There are no markets for the tag titles/IC titles at this time.

WWE Universal Champion:

Roman Reigns is at -1000.

WWE Championship:

Shinsuke Nakamura is at -400

RAW Women's Championship:

Nia Jax at -117 (for context, this shift happened because Asuka is presumed to be going to Smackdown. If she doesn't go, I'd expect the odds to shift back in her favor, but as of right now, both her and Alexa's odds are at +150)

Smackdown Women's Championship:

Asuka is at -200. (Assuming she jumps to Smackdown. Otherwise her odds will probably worsen, and Carmella is the second favorite at -150)

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 17, 2018

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Can you bet Braun leaving Mania as champion? What’s the line? Roman’s steroid issue potentially blowing up led WOR last night.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Dacap posted:

Unless they unify the women’s titles once they merge the PPVs

I'm all for unifying titles and ending the brand split but doing so this early into either run is the most modern WWE thing.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

fart blood posted:

I'm all for unifying titles and ending the brand split but doing so this early into either run is the most modern WWE thing.

Don’t have to end the brand split to merge the titles

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

mkay0 posted:

Don’t have to end the brand split to merge the titles

I think merging the women and tag titles would do wonders for those divisions and moving each to a separate show. I'd say Women on Raw and Tag on Smackdown. Keep a under title on each show and make it mean something, US on Smackdown and IC on Raw and unify the top title again, have it something for the top guys to chance after. The worse thing WWE has done in the last 5 years or so is make every single title meaningless. If you are going to make these giant cross band shows every month then you are going to have to make your titles mean something so the feuds that aren't for a championship have any reason for happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently USA wants the women on both shows.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Apparently USA wants the women on both shows.

Isn't that what is happening right now? Unless you mean abolishing the brand split for the women. Also, do you have a link to this story?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
The women don't need to be on one show or the other to feel important, just loving book them and push them on both shows like the other men. It's a gender, not a division, and the sooner WWE realizes that the better for everyone else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

Isn't that what is happening right now? Unless you mean abolishing the brand split for the women. Also, do you have a link to this story?

Yeah, no change. I was responding to the guy above me suggesting putting the whole division on Raw.

I don’t have a source, that’s just what people always say every time it comes up.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm bored, so here are betting line updates from 5Dimes. Not that it means much. For the EC matches, I listed the favorite and the second favored person.

Roman Reigns: -500
Braun Strowman: +650

Alexa Bliss: -245
Sasha Banks: +335

(It's not unlikely that Sasha may close the gap a bit more, considering there are people thinking WWE will pull a fast one and give us Asuka vs Sasha at WM.)

Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt:

Matt Hardy: -210
Bray Wyatt: +160

Asuka vs Nia Jax:

Nia Jax: +500

For what its worth, Asuka and Nia Jax had a match last night during the Vancouver house show, and Asuka won via countout. I don't think that'll be the finish on Sunday though unless they want to continue making Asuka's victories against Nia Jax look like a fluke. Also The Bar vs Titus Worldwide doesn't have betting odds listed.

Also in Lucha Underground Season 4 spoilers (emphasis mine):

quote:

Sources tell us there was an Aztec Warfare match at the taping which featured Lucha Underground debuts for Tommy Dreamer and former Impact Wrestling star Mr. Pectacular.

In addition, Hernandez and Chavo Guerrero returned to the company and wrestled in the match as well. For those who don’t recall, Hernandez was released from LU in 2015 after he appeared on Impact while still under contract with Lucha Underground.

Independent wrestlers Sammy Guevara, Jason Cade and Sonny Kiss also wrestled at the taping.

For those wondering about the fate Dario Cueto after he was shot at the end of the season three, our sources say the taping kicked off with a ten-bell salute for the Lucha Underground character. However, the ceremony was interrupted by his “father” Antonio Cueto — who was clearly Dario in professional old-man makeup — and he announced the Aztec Warfare match.

We’re told the segment was confusing for most people in attendance, because no one was sure if the actor is just playing a new character in season four or if he’ll be revealed as Dario in the future.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/season-four-lucha-underground-updates/#.WpH670x2u_1

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Feb 25, 2018

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!
lmao lucha whips rear end

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

DarkstarIV posted:

For what its worth, Asuka and Nia Jax had a match last night during the Vancouver house show, and Asuka won via countout. I don't think that'll be the finish on Sunday though unless they want to continue making Asuka's victories against Nia Jax look like a fluke.
Asuka just beat Nia via countout at the Everett, WA show as well.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

ed: already posted above

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Feb 25, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Boy they must've really been scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to replace talent if loving Hernandez is back

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm bored, so here are betting line updates from 5Dimes. Not that it means much. For the EC matches, I listed the favorite and the second favored person.

Roman Reigns: -500
Braun Strowman: +650

Alexa Bliss: -245
Sasha Banks: +335

(It's not unlikely that Sasha may close the gap a bit more, considering there are people thinking WWE will pull a fast one and give us Asuka vs Sasha at WM.)

Matt Hardy vs Bray Wyatt:

Matt Hardy: -210
Bray Wyatt: +160

Asuka vs Nia Jax:

Nia Jax: +500

For what its worth, Asuka and Nia Jax had a match last night during the Vancouver house show, and Asuka won via countout. I don't think that'll be the finish on Sunday though unless they want to continue making Asuka's victories against Nia Jax look like a fluke. Also The Bar vs Titus Worldwide doesn't have betting odds listed.

Also in Lucha Underground Season 4 spoilers (emphasis mine):

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/season-four-lucha-underground-updates/#.WpH670x2u_1

This might be the most predictable card ever

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Roman is now -1170 on 5Dimes if you were still holding out hope for Plans Change

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Reports that Jack Swagger wrestled during the LU taping

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Wasn't sure to post it in the main WWE thread or not. But I figured there's more casual/lapsed fans around during Mania season so I will err on the side of caution.

Per Post Wrestling John Cena is advertised for Fastlane.

It was speculated that Cena might ask Nakamura to wrestle him for his Mania title shot.

Fastlane is in two weeks and there's nothing going on with the brand and it might explain why Nakamura isn't in a feud with anyone.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

rovert posted:

Wasn't sure to post it in the main WWE thread or not. But I figured there's more casual/lapsed fans around during Mania season so I will err on the side of caution.

Per Post Wrestling John Cena is advertised for Fastlane.

It was speculated that Cena might ask Nakamura to wrestle him for his Mania title shot.

Fastlane is in two weeks and there's nothing going on with the brand and it might explain why Nakamura isn't in a feud with anyone.

We cannot have nice things.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Forceholy posted:

We cannot have nice things.

Oh no. Nakamura will probably beat Cena and THEN Cena will call out Undertaker.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

If it's 2016 Cena I'm on board, if it's post-Mania 33 Cena, :woof:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This storyline could have been fun if it was a bit more overt, with Cena getting increasingly more desperate as he missed each Wrestlemania ticket.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Like the Shawn/Taker build that actually had the payoff at EC

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cena/Nakamura was good the first time when they didn't get much time, I'm good with a part 2.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

As long as Nakamura doesn't kill Cena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?