Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

Turtlicious posted:

Any goons wanna give a review of the game? I have no idea what it is, but it looks cool. Is there magic?

No magic. The game is a medieval RPG, not a fantasy one. Goon opinions seem fairly positive, at least for the time being. Steam page and wiki have recommended PC specs, someone was complaining about lag but my experience with the game has been good in that regard.

If you like medieval stuff, check it out maybe? Your money, your decision. I have included goon impressions in the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

So what perks are people going for? I have a couple points, but none of the ones I have available to me really jumped out.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I've just barely started but so far this game does indeed own.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Turtlicious posted:

Any goons wanna give a review of the game? I have no idea what it is, but it looks cool. Is there magic?

Its Skyrim /Oblivion but with more History Channel and better graphics. Just as much jank.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I'm getting like 30 FPS on high and I have a 1060 GTX and a solid state drive. Does anyone have any optimization tips or is the game just slow

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

It's actually way easier to break into people's houses during the day than at night, especially the shopkeepers. Their back rooms are almost always empty. Also, I'm calling shenanigans on the whole "loud lock snapping" thing because I broke several on a lock and found out later that I was ten feet away from a guard.

Pylons posted:

So what perks are people going for? I have a couple points, but none of the ones I have available to me really jumped out.

As lame as it is, I've been going for all the middle of the road options for the "gain this but lose this" perks by just not taking them and saving the point for when I unlock the next set. It's boring, but at the same time it's a matter of "I might use this later, but I might be forced into the negative against my will".

Funny enough, my combat skills are what are suffering. There really isn't all that much combat in this game. I've played for probably 12 hours and I've only got in a handful of actual swordfights. Which works to the game's favor, the combat system is basic and somewhat random but it's used sparingly enough that each fight still feels cool.

Hell, I bought a shield like three hours ago and have yet to use it.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Feb 14, 2018

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

FuzzySlippers posted:

Off trail walking I've gotten stuck on bushes. I've almost reloaded but slamming jump enough eventually you kinda pop off it. Stairs can also snag you so you have to jump around some invisible obstruction. The collision detection is dodgy.

There are a few combat sequences where you hve to struggle up some stairs while peppered with arrows and let me tell you, it kinda sucks to die and die because Henry got stuck on stairs again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

sum posted:

I'm getting like 30 FPS on high and I have a 1060 GTX and a solid state drive. Does anyone have any optimization tips or is the game just slow

The same optimization tips as from every other videogame. Do the things that make sense and turn down the things that use lots of power that don't matter much.

SSD won't change your FPS whatsoever just speeds up load times.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
These fighting controls make garbage seem good, jesus christ.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Lockpicking is hosed

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Pickpocketing is even worse. 5 hours in, preloaded chapter beginning the moment I realized how impossible, costly and dangerous is to be a thief-type of character.

Guess it's the good, bland knight then

Also, easiest early coin seems to be to watch flower picking animation 9000 times. Food vendors do buy them. 110 nettles yield coin for 1 lockpick

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Feb 14, 2018

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Zaphod42 posted:

Its Skyrim /Oblivion but with more History Channel and better graphics. Just as much jank.

I just watched the dramatic scene where Henry gets clubbed to near-death get ruined by a glitch. For a split-second, all the corpses on the ground suddenly stood up in t-poses like hosed up ghosts.

csidle
Jul 31, 2007

dongmaster1999 posted:

anyone know if this would be bearable to play on a i5-3570k and gtx 760?

Seconding this question! I'm on an i5-2500K and GTX 760.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
First person to prove they're over 30 and get the Virgin achievement gets a no questions asked Wizard promotion.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Woohoo posted:

Pickpocketing is even worse. 5 hours in, preloaded chapter beginning the moment I realized how impossible, costly and dangerous is to be a thief-type of character.

Guess it's the good, bland knight then

Also, easiest early coin seems to be to watch flower picking animation 9000 times. Food vendors do buy them. 110 nettles yield coin for 1 lockpick

Funny enough, I've probably received the most coin from just selling bludgeons. Those things are in every chest and are 100 gold a pop for some God forsaken reason.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I killed a bunch of deer in the woods and it counted as stolen somehow, but if you cook it, it suddenly becomes not stolen and you can get a ton of coin for it.

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

Popete posted:

I've just barely started but so far this game does indeed own.

All issues aside. Some pretty drat good storytelling here.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Hope theres a mod to make lockpicking less lovely soon

Furry Hunter
May 5, 2005
Professional Fursecutor

HORMELCHILI posted:

Hope theres a mod to make lockpicking less lovely soon

I'm sure there will be. I feel a bit dirty, but the save anywhere mod has helped my enjoyment factor a good bit.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
On a scale of 1 to Morrowind how bad is the combat.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
wow two worlds 3 is pretty good

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Taintrunner posted:

I killed a bunch of deer in the woods and it counted as stolen somehow, but if you cook it, it suddenly becomes not stolen and you can get a ton of coin for it.

Poaching, maybe?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

This game looks interesting to me judging from the streams. The strictly historical setting is refreshing. The writing seems surprisingly good and the dialogues/cinematics have actual movie quality to them like in TW3 which is nice. It's hard for me to judge combat from only watching video though considering how many options for arm movement there are. The only thing bothering me is that there are moments of uncanny valley at certain camera angles for both characters and entire scenes. Also the bugs, yeah. I heard there's a big patch coming in 2 weeks.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

Rather than tediously slashing away at some bugged dude in the tutorial you can practice fight once the game starts proper as much as you want. You'll gain stats and its more fun.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
Boy does this game like to trash disk. I can literally hear screws popping loose inside PC case from all the rattling

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
a few hours in. doesn't seem too bad. performance is alright but not great; gtx 1080 with an i7700k gives me 60 - 80fps on high. edit: oh and i haven't noticed borderless/fullscreen making much of a difference.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
On a hunting trip with Lord Hans the Dickhead.

I'm no expert, but writing of this game seems not to be far off from Witcher 3 level of goodness. Has that same human dimension to it

Also, game really takes off as soon as you leave lovely villages and start to wander. Archery feels impossible at start but "player learns and character learns" system is really good

Woohoo fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Feb 14, 2018

Son of a Vondruke!
Aug 3, 2012

More than Star Citizen will ever be.

sum posted:

I've got the mobile GTX 1060 and I get 45-50 FPS on high. I usually play on medium with all the distance sliders at full, that usually gets me 55-60 FPS. I can't say why you're getting worse perfomance. What's your processor? How much RAM do you have?

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

csidle posted:

Seconding this question! I'm on an i5-2500K and GTX 760.

I have (laptop, about 3-4 years old):

GPU: GeForce GTX 770M
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz
Memory: 32 GB RAM (31.89 GB RAM usable)

And was wondering about the same. I plan on upgrading to a new laptop this year, but not that soon.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012
so this game seems to be in the goldilocks zone of jank where the amount of jank is adding to the charm of the game instead of adding frustration

cant wait to play this in 2 weeks

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

lalaland posted:

so this game seems to be in the goldilocks zone of jank where the amount of jank is adding to the charm of the game instead of adding frustration

cant wait to play this in 2 weeks

A pleasant surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
There's a mod out to skip lockpicking

https://www.nexusmods.com/kingdomcomedeliverance/mods/3

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Just bought this game now that this exists.

Woohoo
Apr 1, 2008
aaaand I broke the game. Doing the quest with dead horses, something happened so Lord Hans of the House rear end in a top hat is constantly following me, quitting every dialog by bumping into me. No way to get rid of him

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Woohoo posted:

aaaand I broke the game. Doing the quest with dead horses, something happened so Lord Hans of the House rear end in a top hat is constantly following me, quitting every dialog by bumping into me. No way to get rid of him

Kill him.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
https://i.imgur.com/WLKZxRs.gifv

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

So the guards are like Oblivions also then.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

WMain00 posted:

So the guards are like Oblivions also then.

that's more like a shinobi guard

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

*waggles eyebrows Bohemianishly at u*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Pylons posted:

There's a +2 charisma perk really early in the herbalism tree.