Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Jota posted:

N: Sixers were down 24 points in the second half with Embiid out tonight and won

V: Blow me Tony Brothers

Ben Simmons not being an All Star is so loving stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Noctone posted:

Best part of the Cavs’ trade-o-rama is it seems to have freed Earl. He was 6 of 9 from deep last night (preemptive “nice.”).

He looked like he was actually enjoying himself. poo poo he even tapped Clarkson with the 3 scope hands.

I do love that 3 point celebration Clarkson does

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I bet he replaces Embiid if Embiid drops out.

Evil_Penguin_v2
Apr 18, 2004
Ask me about my brother.
So this is coming from a Cavs fan. Has IT not suffered enough at this point, Dude is probably gonna end up with half the contract he would have gotten before Boston traded him. Now I see Rondo tried to punk him tonight and it sure seems like its Rondo sticking up for the Celtics as well. How are you loyal to Boston still dude...

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Maybe IT should stop being a bitch and chirping in the media about my boy K.Love

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I’m pretty sure the Pistons were point shaving tonight

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Aye Doc posted:

Giannis decided to show off some of his freakery today

https://twitter.com/natemar3i0n/status/963903954554933249

"ring for blowjob"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

I'm surprised he wasn't in it to begin with.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

pubic works project posted:

Is Hotlanta Man getting married????

Yes but not at a hawks game.

(Though true story I did meet her at a hawks game, just not a Tinder night)

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Allstar voting always lags at least a year behind performance. It evens out at the end of the career getting a gimme when it wasnt deserved

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I guess it's easy to meet someone when you're the only two people there.

Jk congrats playa.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Congratulations hotlanta man

edit: !

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Feb 15, 2018

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Yes but not at a hawks game.

(Though true story I did meet her at a hawks game, just not a Tinder night)

I feel hope. This is wonderful. :3:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Right now I'm taking Donovan Mitchell ROTY and LeBron for MVP. Who wants to argue??

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

EvanTH posted:

Right now I'm taking Donovan Mitchell ROTY and LeBron for MVP. Who wants to argue??

I don't have time to argue but Harden is MVP and Simmons and Mitchel should be co-ROTYs

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Thinkin' about how Tim Hardaway Jr sucks, 32 points at the half, on pace for a Knicks record, ends with 37, blocked at least 4 times in one quarter, turned the ball over several times down the stretch trying to push garbage

Away all Goats posted:

I don't have time to argue but Harden is MVP and Simmons and Mitchel should be co-ROTYs

you will make time in the coming days and weeks!!

Harden once again probably has it on the numbers, but last year made it clear nobody wants Harden MVP, and adding an occasional MVP candidate Chris Paul diminishes his narrative stock (the most important stock)

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

EvanTH posted:

Obviously agree on the Spida but I think Lebron gave away the MVP with his one man January tank session

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

LeBron is the MVP every year but the writers are afraid to give him anymore because then he'd be tied with Jordan

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Donovan Mitchell last two games combined 19/52 FG (36.5%) and his hype explodes :rolleyes:

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

ragle posted:

Donovan Mitchell last two games combined 19/52 FG (36.5%) and his hype explodes :rolleyes:

Um his efg% on the season is 51% on 19.5 ppg after starting off the season slow. Jimmy Butler is averaging 22.4 on an efg% of 52%, is he also overhyped?

I mean if you wanna look at PER or WS Simmons is better but Donovan's USG is also 29% compared to his 23%.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

your houston rockets are top of the league

get on the board the bandwagon, we have lovable fan favorites chris paul and james harden to root for against the great evil

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
have you guys noticed that when KD was on OKC they would win every time he scored 50+ but with GSW (against whom he has his highest ever single game score) he loses every time he scores more than 40? pretty weird right

ragle posted:

in case folks weren't watching enough to get this joke, he's +20 over those two games and won both of them with extremely clutch shots, I think in the last minute of the last two games he's a combined 3/3 from the field with 8pts, pretty good

he's out there winning games on his own.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MelancholyMark posted:

Jimmy Butler is averaging 22.4 on an efg% of 52%, is he also overhyped?

he's overplayed. a. wiggins, large kat, jimmy and taj of the minnesota timewolves are 1 2 9 and 10 top minutes played right now, respectively. Thibs really needs to quit it

lebron is 3

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

EvanTH posted:

in case folks weren't watching enough to get this joke, he's +20 over those two games and won both of them with extremely clutch shots, I think in the last minute of the last two games he's a combined 3/3 from the field with 8pts, pretty good
Did I get whooshed?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
I hate this fan base so much :

https://twitter.com/JamelleMac/status/963992109542977536

They boo everything that isn't undeniably championship caliber.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

MelancholyMark posted:

Did I get whooshed?

haha he wouldn't know the exact worst selective stat to post if he hadn't been watching close, and if he was watching he'd know what was up

also nobody here believes in FG%, it's the least telling stat they still post in a box score

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

MelancholyMark posted:

Um his efg% on the season is 51% on 19.5 ppg after starting off the season slow. Jimmy Butler is averaging 22.4 on an efg% of 52%, is he also overhyped?

I mean if you wanna look at PER or WS Simmons is better but Donovan's USG is also 29% compared to his 23%.

My comment that this is a bizarre time for Mitchell hype to go into overdrive has nothing to do with his overall season. If you want to assess overall efficiency there is never a reason to use efg% you should use ts% where Butler has a significant advantage (.595 to .545) And you mentioned PER and WS so let's look at those: Butler 24 PER 6.9 offensive WS, Mitchell 17.0 PER 1.0 offensive WS

If he took fewer bad shots his team wouldn't need last minute heroics so often.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
well i was wrong

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

G-Hawk posted:

your houston rockets are top of the league

get on the board the bandwagon, we have lovable fan favorites chris paul and james harden to root for against the great evil

:yeah:

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Raptors/status/963952307527286785

gang gang

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Mitchell also leads all rookies in scoring by a whole bunch, which is usually all you need to win ROTY

And yes I'm including Simmons there even though he's not a rookie

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

ragle posted:

My comment that this is a bizarre time for Mitchell hype to go into overdrive has nothing to do with his overall season. If you want to assess overall efficiency there is never a reason to use efg% you should use ts% where Butler has a significant advantage (.595 to .545) And you mentioned PER and WS so let's look at those: Butler 24 PER 6.9 offensive WS, Mitchell 17.0 PER 1.0 offensive WS

If he took fewer bad shots his team wouldn't need last minute heroics so often.

My only point was that making GBS threads on him for fg% was irrelevant when as EvanTH said it's dumb thing to criticize. Makes sense that now would be the time for hype to build because of the win streak and all, no one was gonna push for Donovan over Simmons with the Jazz being under 0.500.

I just wanna see him win roty from a combination of homerism and the eye-test.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
I think I picked Mitchell as RotY in the preseason survey, pretty happy about that rn

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
uhhh, guys

this Lonzo Album might not be complete trash.

Lyrics are par for course with NBA rappers, but holy poo poo he's actually got a decent flow, and the production bangs

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
who produced it?

edit: would you say it's better than Illmatic

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I forgot about the Warriors Blazers game entirely and just now thought to check on it and gently caress :yeah:

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I agree with Donovan Simmons coROTY

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oops I'm dumb

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I've poo poo on Casey for years and I still think he lets the starters do whatever they want but he's been doing a few really creative things with the Shadow Team I really like. One thing is that they mix up a combination of half court and 3/4 court presses. With long guys like Wright, and Siakim trolling just behind half court it can really gently caress with teams. It doesn't lead directly to turnovers but it tricks undisciplined or just poor shooting teams into a much faster pace which really suits the bench unit.

Another thing he does is get Siakim to book it down the court immediately after a shot. It works especially well after a switch with Wright where Pascal is already starting past his 3 point line. I know guards leak out all the time but having the glorious gazale of a man like Pascal do it seems to lead to around 6-8 free points a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

• Locked thread