Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i cant believe sjws forced bioware into making andromeda in 4 months with no budget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

corn in the bible posted:

i cant believe sjws forced bioware into making andromeda in 4 months with no budget

Also with a new team that was inexperienced and also also after pitching basically No Man's Sky and working on that for like a couple years and then cancelling it and rushing Andromeda as we got it instead.

I guess SJWs feel that games that aren't open-world are insensitive? :lol:

Lake Jucas
Feb 20, 2011

WHAT OF OUR BARGAIN?

charms posted:

This game is the living proof that leftism isn't conductive to good games. Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda. Look at Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. The games were so poo poo even SJWs dropped them. No one in their right mind defends them. Meanwhile, this game, made for the honest conservative gamer, despite some flaws it has, is selling like hot cakes. We are in the middle of a paradigm shift. This is no longer the industry for spoiled little SJWs. It took three years, but we finally won. I know we're going through a harsh liberal media raid right now pretending this game is bad, but stay strong, they're just desperate because they realize this is their last stand.

:hurr:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

charms posted:

This game is the living proof that leftism isn't conductive to good games. Look at Mass Effect: Andromeda. Look at Wolfenstein: The New Colossus. The games were so poo poo even SJWs dropped them. No one in their right mind defends them. Meanwhile, this game, made for the honest conservative gamer, despite some flaws it has, is selling like hot cakes. We are in the middle of a paradigm shift. This is no longer the industry for spoiled little SJWs. It took three years, but we finally won. I know we're going through a harsh liberal media raid right now pretending this game is bad, but stay strong, they're just desperate because they realize this is their last stand.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Maybe it was the terrible writing, bugs, lovely combat, and broken animations that made Andromeda bad... No.

No, it was sjws!

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

charms posted:

let us know when you actually install the game and try playing it

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Good sir, how dare you. I challenge you to an honorable duel on the fields of fact and logic, where your fallacies shall be disarmed forthwith

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you customize Henry? I mean hair, beard and things like that?

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Oh good, mods in the OP for normal unlimited saving and skipping the stupid lockpicking mechanic.

Maybe I'll pick this back up. I gave up after I repeatedly failed the lockpicking tutorial and then ran out of lockpicks during the tutorial and the game had no way of handling that.

The whole tutorial just felt like Cutscenes: The Game, but I think I'm in the open world stuff now so we'll see where it goes.

DoctorGonzo posted:

Can you customize Henry? I mean hair, beard and things like that?
No, and the real customization he needs is to not be a whiny loser dweeb

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I know this is from a few pages back but I'm assuming the time you went to fire a bow it was a modern compound bow with multiple cams. Old style recurve bows you had to hold back the entire weight of the pull, which could be massive.

A traditional recurve bow is fun as hell to do target shooting with btw.

Its even worse with straight bows, my #55 recurve is a more comfortable then my #40 straight bow, it's especially worse holding a full draw.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BurtLington posted:

He reminds me of Robert Baratheon!

Also just a heads up for people using the mod that lets you save any time - apparently there’s a save limit of 300 and so far nobody’s been able to fix it.

Wait is this a real thing?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Jarmak posted:

Its even worse with straight bows, my #55 recurve is a more comfortable then my #40 straight bow, it's especially worse holding a full draw.

Yeah I just thought recurve bows were pretty common in 1400 Bohemia. The Cumans had been using them for a few hundred years by then iirc

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Jarmak posted:

Given the lead dev's political leanings I'd have thought he'd at least make the bows 100% straight

Turkina_Prime
Oct 26, 2013

MiddleOne posted:

Wait is this a real thing?

Yeah, check my post history in the thread though, someone found a fix.

Edit: here you go friend

You can get the save to revert back to number 1. Load into the game, delete all your saves from the Load menu and then save the game again. It will take your current progress and revert the save to number 1.

Maybe this should go in the OP?

Turkina_Prime fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 15, 2018

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kenshin posted:

No, and the real customization he needs is to not be a whiny loser dweeb

Nah, this was great. From the moment his mom goes in to wake him up I was pretty stoked to be playing a 1400s peasant failson.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

charms posted:

Anita Sarkeesian will be a penniless slut sucking dicks for meals within the year.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

bees everywhere posted:

I picked the perk to make my horse go faster at the expense of carry weight and boy was that a bad choice. I really hope there's a way to respec.

Yah, the only obvious perk choices I've seen so far are:

1) Mule under strength for more carry weight

2) flower power for +2 charisma bonus from carrying herbs under herbalism

Perks I've been considering:

Thickblooded under Vitality for slower bleeding, since there' s no downside

horsenip under herbalism, herbs in saddlebags makes horse shy less

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Thief posted:

let us know when you actually install the game and try playing it

What is it with you dumb bastards and not recognising an obvious steam quote.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

They seem to be doing well. Seems like this game will probably get the support it needs to really shine.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Goons aren't any smarter than the internet at large and stuff like that is posted unironically all the time.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I hope someone mods pink hair and glasses for Henry, unironically.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Goons aren't any smarter than the internet at large and stuff like that is posted unironically all the time.

I don’t have time to google, I have to react right now

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I have:

Windows 7
i7-4790k
8GB DDR3 RAM
nVidia 770

Had to turn down shadows and some effects as it was stuttery. Turn off motion blur, I hate it anyway so no biggie. Runs at maybe 40 fps when there is stuff going on and 50ish when there isn't but still pretty good and playable.

Having a ton of fun.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 15, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lol if you recognize anything on steam outside of the store page and your library

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

poptart_fairy posted:

The steam forums are waaay further out than that, sadly. If it's a Steam quote pick one of the ones from the thread about the planned female-PC expansion:

See, e.g., : http://steamcommunity.com/app/379430/discussions/0/2860219962082578946/#c2860219962082624247 (a.k.a. "Joan of Who? Never heard of her.")

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
The penis is built for sword fighting if you know what I mean

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

poptart_fairy posted:

Boy, don't go into the steam thread if goons missing perspective bothers you.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

BurtLington posted:

Yeah, check my post history in the thread though, someone found a fix.

Edit: here you go friend

You can get the save to revert back to number 1. Load into the game, delete all your saves from the Load menu and then save the game again. It will take your current progress and revert the save to number 1.

Maybe this should go in the OP?

Oh thank god. Bless you.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
How's PS4 performance? I don't intend to get this until it comes down from £55 (:wtc:), but it's sparked a surprising level of interest in me.

Zigmidge posted:

Boy, don't go into the steam thread if goons missing perspective bothers you.

I know, I know. :v:

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
What is with this game that attracts nazis and proud boys and what not like loving moths to a flame?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

What is with this game that attracts nazis and proud boys and what not like loving moths to a flame?

An idealized version of what they thought manhood was?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Vahakyla posted:

One of the main devs is a proud GamerGate supporter and have gotten into Twitter fights about no black people in the game

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Vahakyla posted:

+white male protagonist that's unable to be changed in any way
+"realistic" depictions of women in the 1400s
+can only sleep with pretty whores, not old ones
+realism or something, I dunno, but everything about this game makes me crack the gently caress up

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Wait, why WOULDN'T you want to sleep with a pretty whore?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

TheAgent posted:

+white male protagonist that's unable to be changed in any way
+"realistic" depictions of women in the 1400s
+can only sleep with pretty whores, not old ones
+realism or something, I dunno, but everything about this game makes me crack the gently caress up

A bit weird for the witcher 3 to get a remake so soon, but I'll take it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Vahakyla posted:

Maybe that it's made by one? Also the realism perks like the one that makes you sexy to women if you smell of sweat

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

corn in the bible posted:

Maybe that it's made by one? Also the realism perks like the one that makes you sexy to women if you smell of sweat

Ah, the safeguarded realism of the game.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Megazver posted:

They seem to be doing well. Seems like this game will probably get the support it needs to really shine.

Those are D:OS2 numbers, looking solid.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Gambling is pretty easy in this game. Peasant Yahtzee, pretty much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
The save mod page has this note on it now as well:

Save games capped at 300
Someone has reported that the game won't let you save after you've got 300 saves. Take backups of all your saves, remove all saves except your latest one. Now go in-game and load that save, delete it from the load menu and then save. It should be labeled as "Save 1" now.

This has been reported without the mod as well, but at a lesser amount of saves. Right now I do not believe the mod causes this, but it might make the effect happen sooner.

Just a friendly reminder to anyone using the mod (or maybe in general because the main game may have a similar issue?) - back up the saves manually every once in awhile.