Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you really have to doutb that the loving autorithy are going to book themselves with rohndah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also an update on the Cruiserweight Champion curse

Neville: quit
Enzo Amore: fired
Rich Swann: "mutually agreed to part ways"
Brian Kendrick: presumably still looking for the eye that got kicked into his skull
TJP: will die alone and unloved

Kalisto and Tozawa only escaped the curse by holding it for just one week

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

No Observer audio or text ever brought up the possibility of Seth/Kurt at Mania, I'm pretty sure

Hence "educated guesses" since Jordan was his original opponent and the last couple weeks of Kurt/Seth interactions would make sense as build to a match

Just saying I seriously doubt "WrestleVotes" has actual sources

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Benne posted:

finally a wrestler i can relate to :unsmith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Just thinking back to Vince's original mindset for the Miz makes me think that won't happen for awhile. He felt since Miz was a celebrity he had to be a babyface. Then when Mayweather came in they initially planned him to be a babyface (and the WM match to be a tag on a team with Rey.) I have a feeling they want Ronda to be a smiling, bubbly babyface, she'll be awful at it, crowds will turn on her and she'll quit.

Wasn't it Kevin Dunn who said he couldn't be a heel since he was too good looking?

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Feb 16, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

St Evan Echoes posted:

finally a wrestler i can relate to :unsmith:

Nah, you are better than TJP. Most people are. :unsmith:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

Also an update on the Cruiserweight Champion curse

Neville: quit
Enzo Amore: fired
Rich Swann: "mutually agreed to part ways"
Brian Kendrick: presumably still looking for the eye that got kicked into his skull

Kalisto and Tozawa only escaped the curse by holding it for just one week

I thought Neville was still with the company for the time being?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I thought Neville was still with the company for the time being?

Technically yes, but unless something changes he's just sitting at home waiting out his contract

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.

Benne posted:

Technically yes, but unless something changes he's just sitting at home waiting out his contract

If WWE didn't do some legal bullshit to "freeze" it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Benne posted:

How much longer is that? Anybody know? I wanna see Neville on the indies now that he's overcome the confidence issues he talked about on AOW. Dude got pretty good on the mic!

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I wanna see Neville wreck Ospreay and take the IWGP Junior Heavyweight title from him

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Can't wait for PAC to deadlift suplex Big R Shimizu.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

How much longer is that? Anybody know?

His contract's frozen, so it's whenever WWE decides basically

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oYoGA_Ag9w

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They barely have enough attractions to fill mania this year I bet next year is dreadful.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

MassRafTer posted:

Just thinking back to Vince's original mindset for the Miz makes me think that won't happen for awhile. He felt since Miz was a celebrity he had to be a babyface. Then when Mayweather came in they initially planned him to be a babyface (and the WM match to be a tag on a team with Rey.) I have a feeling they want Ronda to be a smiling, bubbly babyface, she'll be awful at it, crowds will turn on her and she'll quit.

I'm sure babyface is their preferred route, and they may try to mostly stick with that through WM especially if she fights Stephanie, but there's definitely room for a dominant heel on Raw's women roster right now since the list of heels there are basically Alexa, 20% win rate Nia Jax, probably Sasha or maybe Bailey sometime soon, and that's it. Since her streak has to end sometime Asuka beating Bliss at WM and then losing the title to Ronda could lead to a fun series of matches between those two. It'll cement Ronda as the nearly unstoppable force that she should reasonably be booked as and I can't think of any other loss that would do less to harm Asuka. If Ronda's doing full-time dates then you avoid the Lesnar problem of a mostly absent champion as well.

Outsiders coming in to WWE or coming back to WWE after leaving are almost always natural heels at first to the crowd, the Rock is the one big exception but he's been an exception to just about every rule of the wrestling business in some way. It'd be foolish of them not to ride that momentum early and then have her turn face down the line. Never discount the foolishness of WWE, every year they do something that has me baffled like how they kept Seth as a heel for awhile after he returned from his injury, but maybe they'll handle their rare mma crossover star opportunity better this time after they bungled Brock's return initially.

I personally don't see facing Stephanie in a tag match as a bungle, for better or worse Steph is a bigger deal than any woman on the traditional roster, we still don't know how good Ronda is in the ring so you have the dual layers of a tag match and Stephanie as an opponent to cover that, Hunter's gotta be on the card somewhere too so why not here, and it's a fine way to get Rock in there without his insurers losing their minds and I'll always take Rock wrestling. No it's not going to be a technical classic, but it has enough star power to be fun to see and there's hopefully going to be some highly regarded matches in Ronda's future as she continues to improve. And yes it's the classic McMahon ego play, but at least this way it's hopefully out of the way now and not hanging over her head like a sword of Damocles the way Hunter vs. Brock was. It's not perfect, but neither is throwing her in the ring with Charlotte or whoever right away and just hoping she has enough wrestling ability to pull off a super high-profile match after a few months of training.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

MassRafTer posted:

While I don't want dozens of people to lose their jobs I would like WWE to lose lots of money so they should do this.

Ya know, you sound a lot nicer on your podcast! :mad:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Jerusalem posted:

Angle vs Rollins seems like a really bad idea to me. Not that I don't think they couldn't have a great match, but the likelihood of Kurt getting really badly hurt would be so high.

I don't know if Rollins' psyche can take nearly killing both Sting and Angle in the ring. Kurt shouldn't be wrestling at all, I'm amazed they won't let Bryan go but let Kurt go when he's practically in a wheelchair.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I forget who mentioned it in the Smackdown thread, but:

to whomever recommended the Impossible Burger: I'm eating it now and holy poo poo, either the inventor of this thing is a genius, or this is a lie of "fat free yogurt Seinfeld episode" proportions. (I assume the former.)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey. The go-home show for Elimination Chamber is on Monday.

What the gently caress else is on this card.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

As annoying as it is, this isn't uncommon for B shows.

Bear in mind there's two chambers so expect them to go long.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

VJeff posted:

Me playing Bayonetta on my Switch waiting for the Chamber matches.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

VJeff posted:

Don't forget the tag team chamber, the Cruiserweight preshow chamber, and the Andre The Giant Chamber Memorial Elimination Battle Royal.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

VJeff posted:

I heard last week that a 4 on 4 205 Live tag match was the plan for the Kickoff show.

I assume the second round people vs the second round people.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon

fart blood posted:

I forget who mentioned it in the Smackdown thread, but:

to whomever recommended the Impossible Burger: I'm eating it now and holy poo poo, either the inventor of this thing is a genius, or this is a lie of "fat free yogurt Seinfeld episode" proportions. (I assume the former.)

i ate one yesterday because of the Smackdown thread. it's pretty much exactly like real meat. maybe just a little spongier than real meat but, man, i wouldn't have known it was actually made out of chemicals if nobody told me.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

VJeff posted:

Do they even have any extra bodies for a real undercard? There's no IC match because Miz is in the Chamber, the women's Chamber is for the title, and guys like Jordan are out injured. Maybe Revival and Good Brothers can wrestle each other again just for the gently caress of it.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Baron Corbin posted:

i ate one yesterday because of the Smackdown thread. it's pretty much exactly like real meat. maybe just a little spongier than real meat but, man, i wouldn't have known it was actually made out of chemicals if nobody told me.

According to reviews online, how its cooked will make or break the "meat" factor. Overcooked patties taste like wheat pucks.

Wow Smackdown was so bad that a veggie burger is more fun to talk about. But, it helps the planet. So technically, Road Dogg's a great guy because his booking was so bad it led to a discussion which gave me a healthy burger alternative. Thanks Road Dogg!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

How is Feinstein still a thing

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I'm genuinely surprised he's either not a)in the joint due to his predilections, or b) dead, because a wrestler murdered his rear end for being his charming self (there are a few stories, including Sabu wanting to gently caress him up)

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

How?? It's the wrestling business!

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Doesn't he insist he was framed in order to force him out of RoH or something, I'm sure some people are stupid enough to believe that

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

VJeff posted:

i will be dressed up in a clown suit and wrestling the band florida-georgia line

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE told her to take the auction down as they were angry about the incident:

https://twitter.com/bleedingcool/status/960967934410674176

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

rovert posted:

Good god, gently caress this company 1000x

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

rovert posted:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

disgusting

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Is it really a surprise that WWE, owned by a man who has been accused of assault and harassment repeatedly, would not want to draw attention to such topics

Good for her for doing it anyway to begin with, but it's still Vince McMahon

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wait, what loving authority does WWE have to tell her to do that, she doesn't loving work for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/WWECritics/status/963920009125875712

• Locked thread