Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Getting this much intel and only leaving some fingerprints behind seems like a best case scenario for a solo recon run. If we wanted to destroy the infrastructure we should have brought our ring and/or a mac truck. If we go over the fence we're probably going to find more guards. Plus the fence is barbed wire so we might bleed on it and leave DNA if we have to cross it twice.

The runes we recorded on the infrastructure are key to understanding it and countering it in a meaningful way. Yeah we don't understand the runes, but that's why we have a scholar in our ring.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Feb 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
The notion of getting cut jumping a barbed wire is extremely silly hell even jumping a razor wire fence you aren't super likely to cut yourself unless you are extremely clumsy, besides the fence is only 6' tall it is barely even a fence. If we are super worried about the barbed wire we could get a trash bin and put it near the fence and literally jump over the top, or just use in My Pocket again and get some fencing pliers or we could buy some fencing pliers.

There is a keyhole in the center pillar right? Chances are the thing is a tesseract or something, chances are even if we had a mac truck and slammed it into the construct it wouldn't do anything. We are going to need to go inside the thing to disable it properly. Using Like I built it near the keyhole may get us inside, and using Like I built it in combination with Sabotage on the inner workings of the infrastructure will give a lot more information and a much better chance to disable it.

If we come back later with the ring, we've wasted time and we would be much more conspicuous. Also what would the ring outside of Mr. Ruin contribute to disabling the infrastructure?

Okay even if we decide we want to abandon doing anything with the infrastructure we shouldn't just go back to bed, the night is young, check out the Job offer or check on how Mr. Tone and Mr. Ruin are doing, don't waste time.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Yeah let's head home for now.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Assuming we're still invisible, may as well hop the fence and grab our drone.

I mean, we still leave prints behind in our human form, right? If they come back in daylight and find our drone, and if we are in a database, then yeah.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

MinutePirateBug posted:

There is a keyhole in the center pillar right? Chances are the thing is a tesseract or something, chances are even if we had a mac truck and slammed it into the construct it wouldn't do anything. We are going to need to go inside the thing to disable it properly. Using Like I built it near the keyhole may get us inside, and using Like I built it in combination with Sabotage on the inner workings of the infrastructure will give a lot more information and a much better chance to disable it.

I don't think Like I Built It lets us circumvent the need for a key in this case. We don't have the upgrade for Sabotage that lets it work on infrastructure, plus the statue doesn't appear to have any moving parts so we'd probably get a huge dice penalty.

The statue shouted at us a minute ago that the key is in the Heart of Fire. We might be able to figure out what the Heart of Fire is or translate the runes if we skip sleeping, but I'm not eager to get into a real fight with some form of exhaustion penalty. Plus the other three members of our ring might already know how to read the runes we recorded or what the Heart of Fire is.

Let's at least find out what all this juicy intel means before taking more big risks blind. Wouldn't want to get Mabin ganked when we might already have acquired all accessible intel on site.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Feb 16, 2018

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013

malbogio posted:

I don't think Like I Built It lets us circumvent the need for a key in this case. We don't have the upgrade for Sabotage that lets it work on infrastructure, plus the statue doesn't appear to have any moving parts so we'd probably get a huge dice penalty.

The statue shouted at us a minute ago that the key is in the Heart of Fire. We might be able to figure out what the Heart of Fire is or translate the runes if we skip sleeping, but I'm not eager to get into a real fight with some form of exhaustion penalty. Plus the other three members of our ring might already know how to read the runes we recorded or what the Heart of Fire is.

Let's at least find out what all this juicy intel means before taking more big risks blind. Wouldn't want to get Mabin ganked when we might already have acquired all accessible intel on site.

Okay those are reasonable points. However I still think it is reasonable to try and get the drone back. Also what about the other tasks we could have potentially had? Why go directly to bed instead of seeing who is offering us a job and also Mr. Tone and Mr. Ruin could potentially need help, we've finished pretty quickly why not go see what they are up to while there is still time? The hunter would also be interesting to investigate but we aren't really equipped for that.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Mabin needs to sleep and doing suspicious things like staying out until 4 AM on a weeknight or whatever may not be the best for our cover

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

I assume Mabin needs to sleep some time? And we already have two cases we're working on with no idea of how big they are. I think we actually outright refused the agency job after it lost in polling.

I totally agree that leaving the drone is bad and would prefer to leave clean. I just don't see how we can retrieve it without multiple rolls against an alerted enemy, any one of which could result in greater exposure than just fingerprints.

Plus there's a good chance that while one agent was homing in on us the other was homing in on the drone. It might already be gone.

malbogio fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 16, 2018

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
What time is it? What does Mabin have to do in the morning given she has 0 resources - does she have regular job or are her hours flexible? If she can get sleep later in the day it makes sense to make use of as much of the night as possible.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Can we replace our fingerprints? I mean Mabin is a patchwork creation after all. Could we make a deal with someone for just their fingerprints and swap them out?

If we always choose running over arrest the prints shouldn't matter anyway. Just never allow Mabin to be processed. We can sabotage digital fingerprint scanners.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,
Joy to him who has understood,
Delight to those who have listened.

- Hávamál

MinutePirateBug posted:

What time is it? What does Mabin have to do in the morning given she has 0 resources - does she have regular job or are her hours flexible? If she can get sleep later in the day it makes sense to make use of as much of the night as possible.

It's a bit after midnight.

One thing we'll figure out in the "morning" is what Mabin's normal routine is. She's semi-self employed, but she 'volunteers' at the MIWRC for room and board. What that looks like will be up to us to figure out. But, we need to make sure to spend time living a normal life as her or else our Cover will degrade quickly.

malbogio posted:

Can we replace our fingerprints? I mean Mabin is a patchwork creation after all. Could we make a deal with someone for just their fingerprints and swap them out?

I....think that might actually work. At least in terms of like, people, pacts change reality around those directly affected by the Pact. So, if Mabin pacted someone a ton of money for their boyfriend or girlfriend, Mabin, the Pactee, and the Significant Other would have their memories rewritten, but the S.O.s parents would not for example. So, I'd say the finger prints would change, but if Mabin has been printed before the records wouldn't shift. That said, if someone does print her, and they discover she has two different sets of prints, that might cause some problems.

malbogio posted:

I think we actually outright refused the agency job after it lost in polling.

That is a sort of open-ended offer, as least until you hear otherwise. However, the IDS building is an office building for all intents and purposes, and even if the Home Office "operated" this late at night, you'd have some work cut out for you to convince them to give you a meeting at 1 in the morning.

Two things we may want to consider as we're planning out next moves.

We have a Virtue and Vice. These mechanically regenerate Willpower, but they can also help guide us. Our Virtue is Precise and our Vice is Destructive for what that's worth.

There is also the matter of Linchpins. A Linchpin is a point in the God- Machine’s Infrastructure that is necessary but also the weakest point in some way. It may be a spot where the gears are poorly hidden or loosely guarded, a particularly exacting occult matrix that can easily be disrupted, or Infrastructure that requires constant maintenance or input. Destroying various pieces of Infrastructure will certainly slow the Machine down, but this is a intelligence that plans on the scale of eons. But the destruction of a Linchpin for whatever reason, makes it tend to abandon a plan. As a Demon you can recognize a Linchpin immediately, though still not know what is or the Infrastructure it ties together actually does.

This is not the Linchpin.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

malbogio posted:

So where the hell are we going to steal a nuke?

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Outrail posted:

So where the hell are we going to steal a nuke?

Oh boy. Nonzero possibility the key is plutonium.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

malbogio posted:

Oh boy. Nonzero possibility the key is plutonium.

Enveloping everything in the warm embrace of nuclear hellfire satisfies most of the Moscow rules. Let's play it safe.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Once the Not-Cop is safely pulled away, you jam your phone in your pockets and pull the cuffs of your jacket over your hands. You take a running leap at the fence and, grabbing the barbed wire with your covered hands, pull yourself over in one fluid movement. To any onlooker, it would look like the fence was rattling violently in the wind, and then was still.

You sprint to where you think your drone is. All the while keeping an ear and eye out for any movement. Eventually you find it, half buried in snow. You pick it up, noting that one of the arms seems slightly bent, and put it in your pocket. You look back to where the statue is, and you can see it with your naked eyes clearly. Overlooking the river, two massive armlike beams stretched out in front of it. You want to stay and investigate more, but after that close call, it’s time to go home.

You jog east a bit, find a place where the fence is blocked by a bus shelter and pull yourself over again. Hidden behind the shelter’s walls, you become visible again, Aether leaking from your pores. Without much choice, you walk back to Tiffany’s to call a cab.

A few blocks from your apartment you get out and walk. Partly to avoid the driver know where you live, but you also need to check one of your drops. It’s the closest one that you know Ruin and Tone know about, so it’s possible one of them left something for you. It’s in the shadow of a walking bridge next to the Little Earth housing offices. You find the right mural and, after noting the mural is looking a little more rough than it did a few days ago, you go to the large planter in front of it and start digging through snow. Your hands are numb before you uncover the top of your drop and you struggle to pull the thick plastic spike out of the dirt for a moment. Once you have it you retreat to under the bridge where shadows should hide you.

You unscrew the cap on the top of the spike, revealing it to be hollow and, disappointingly, empty. No Tone or Ruin then. You debate leaving them a note, it would have to be short and direct, but if they see it before tomorrow morning, the extra hours might be vital.

1. Do you leave a message for one of them overnight?
Yes (if so what?)
No

You reset the drop, covering it with snow as carefully as you can, and head home. Home currently is a closet of a room in the Indian Women’s Resource Center. The Center is a nonprofit devoted to servicing Native women and their families. Besides programming, of which Mabin assists, they have a small number of apartments for families that are often homeless, or need a place to hide from a violent member or ex member. Normally as a single women with no kids and who always seems to have money, Mabin Pillager wouldn’t qualify for one of these rooms. But, she is an active member of the community and tends to be a good influence on some of the younger girls, so accommodations were made. The room has everything you need, mainly a bed and a refrigerator, and most importantly, a secure entrance.

Mabin takes out her key card and swipes it in front of the sensor, after a moment the heavy locks inside the door thunk open and she pulls the door open and walks into the vestibule. Rocky sits behind the plexiglass of his booth, reading a book. He’s kept his coat on over his uniform, the building has solid heating but it’s old and the cold seeps in. Rocky looks up and presses a button, unlocking the inner door..

“Didn’t your dad ever say anything about staying out late on a school night?”

“All the time,” Mabin replies, grinning and walking towards the elevator. “That’s why I dropped out.”

“And they say today’s youth doesn’t have common sense.” Rocky calls after her before returning to his book.

Mabin moves as quietly as she can, for fear of waking Makwa*, Miss Gilchrist’s dog. He is a certified Good Boy, but if he wakes her up, it’ll be yet another log on the “Mabin Pillager is dealing drugs” fire. That sort of scrutiny is something neither you nor Mabin needs.

Mabin checks the small piece of tape in the corner of her door, still in place. She unlocks her door and enters. The apartment is a studio, filled mostly with a bed, with some room left over for a kitchenette made of a two burner stove, a fridge, and a table. Half of the table is kept clean, the other half supports an aging laptop/paperweight whose battery has been dead for years, making it a streamlined desktop. You flick on the lights and breathe a sigh in an all-too human moment of exhaustion. You miscalculated tonight, erring on the side of speed vs preparedness. A girl snooping around a fenced off construction site in the daylight is easier to explain than one doing it at night, especially if she didn’t have any vandalism contraband with her. Getting chased off or arrested for graffiting construction equipment was less risky than Midnight Drone Flying.

But you had kept cool and not compounded the issue. Avoiding that..Tick-Tock Man, had been the best course of action. You’d have to do some leg work tomorrow, and run down this intel, but you had a good basis. Hopefully Tone and Ruin had some info for you about the newly Fallen. You hadn’t felt any surges of Aether from the direction of Uptown all night so there hopefully hadn’t been a fight.

You clean out Mabin’s pockets and dump the contents, including your new slightly damaged drone, onto the kitchen table/desk. Flipping her coat off and on to the arms of her kitchen chair, you take a step across the apartment and fall face first into the bed. You wrap a quilt around yourself, made by Mabin’s grandmother, and turn off the worry and anxiety in your brain. Tomorrow, all of that waits for tomorrow. It’s going to be a long day.

2. What do we need to spend time on tomorrow? Vote for as many as you wish, this will determine how Ms. Ink prioritizes things.

A. Maintain Mabin’s Cover
B. Try to contact Tone and Ruin
C. Check dead drops and other messages (any suggestions?)
D. Find someone who can help with the runes on the Infrastructure
E. Investigate the Infrastructure as an art installation.
F. Go back to Highland Park and get closer to the sculpture
G. Investigate In the Heart of the Fire
H. Check out that Home Office job
I. Check out the Hunter Angel
J. Spend some time crafting a Gadget
K. Something Else

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

We also have started to build Mabin’s Network of people. This includes Demons, but also mortals and Stigmatics (humans who have encountered the Machine and become..changed). Below is the list of people we have mentioned as maybe knowing. Until we say they don’t exist, they all exist. We can add more, these are just the ones previously mentioned that might be useful.

Alex Hurli, our off-again/on-again partner, and roommate, currently off. They were formally a police officer but now works as an investigative reporter with a focus on police and city corruption.

Sandie Gilchrist, our rear end in a top hat neighbor. She's somehow gotten it into her head that we're dealing drugs out of our apartment. Her dog is really nice, though.

There's a little group of goths playing at magic that we got a few pieces of our cover from, for a song. They think they have a chance at leveraging a better deal out of us, but mostly they're just... predictably useful.

Robert Grant, an ex-soldier who was employed by TigerSwan to surveil and incite the activists when we were at Standing Rock. We got him kicked out of the camp. He has had a chip on his shoulder since then and has been investigating us, finding some criminals we've had deals with, and thinks that we're in with them.

Right now, her Social contact Merits look like this

Contacts ●●●
- American Indian Center ●●
- Street Gangs in South Minneapolis ●

Status ●●
- American Indian Movement groups.

She has Contacts (i.e. people who will give her information) in those two groups. Now, right now we haven’t used any of those contacts, so we can change them. If you think Mabin, or Ms. Ink should have Contacts in some other group, suggest a change. You have three dots to work with. Remember these are contacts, but not Allies, who would actually help you. Contacts are just information dealers.

We also have two ranks in Status, this could also be altered.

*Bear in Anishinaabemowin.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
God I'm a sucker for crafting. What kinds of things do Gadgets do?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A C D B

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

God I'm a sucker for crafting. What kinds of things do Gadgets do?

You stick an Embed or Exploit in them to make James Bond stuff. Basically you make a tool that is useable by anyone, Demon or mortal, that has a more narrow, focused application. So say we made a gadget out of our phone and Sabotage. It would make the phone unusable as a phone, but it would be a gadget that would maybe, scramble people's wifi within a certain radius.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
First to last, A C E B

Gadgets sound like great fun, in our hands are they more effective or stealthier than just the raw exploit would be?

vorebane fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 17, 2018

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. Yes

A
J
B

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Feb 17, 2018

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1 No.

2. AGEF

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

NinjaPete posted:

You stick an Embed or Exploit in them to make James Bond stuff. Basically you make a tool that is useable by anyone, Demon or mortal, that has a more narrow, focused application. So say we made a gadget out of our phone and Sabotage. It would make the phone unusable as a phone, but it would be a gadget that would maybe, scramble people's wifi within a certain radius.

Cool.

Pull a lump of plutonium out of our pocket and craft a 'key' to the Heart of Fire. Use it to 'dismantle' the sculpture and everything in a half kilometer radius.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. Yes - Mention the Not-A-Cop
2. B

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
What's the difference between E and F?

1. Yes - brief description of the Infrastructure in whatever terse language we've come up with to talk about the God-Machine's workings.
2. ADEGJ

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 17, 2018

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

ABDG In that order.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

Dr Subterfuge posted:

What's the difference between E and F?

1. Yes - brief description of the Infrastructure in whatever terse language we've come up with to talk about the God-Machine's workings.
2. ADGJ

The Machine doesn't make stuff appear. Someone designed and built that sculture, someone applied for it to be in a future public park. Do some research (or have someone else do it) and follow the paperwork.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
1. Yes- tell them what we have found out ask if any of them know runes.

2. AGEF

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

NinjaPete posted:

The Machine doesn't make stuff appear. Someone designed and built that sculture, someone applied for it to be in a future public park. Do some research (or have someone else do it) and follow the paperwork.

Makes sense. E sounds interesting.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

ABCDEJ

Sandie Gilchrist's dog is getting real sick and needs expensive meds she can't afford. We give the dog perfect health for life in exchange for being our watchdog. Plus we get to save a Good Boy and that makes us warm and fuzzy inside. :3:

We craft a pendant or whatever of anti-surveillance that makes any camera looking at the wearer have extra grainy footage that is largely useless. :ninja:

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál
Chapter Two: The Devil’s Work Day

quote:

It is not a God, just and good, but a devil, under the name of God, that the Bible describes.
--Thomas Paine

You wake up and get to work.

Mabin has a routine, luckily there is enough variation within her day that her movements are fairly unimpeded throughout the day. It’s Thursday, so she doesn’t need to make an appearance downstairs for Family Services doing paperwork (which would turn into a whole-day affair if Mary Running Hawk thought she could monopolize Mabin’s time) or at the Cherish Daycare center, since field trips only happened on Mondays or Fridays). Mabin wouldn’t be required anywhere until 3:30 when she helped with the after-school youth defense class. She should probably make an appearance around the neighborhood, but you can squeeze that in easily. First though, you probably need to make an appearance online.

You have left the battery out of Mabin’s phone all night, after a moment of hesitation you leave it out and boot up Mabin’s “laptop” instead.

1. What do we do about the phone?
A. Put the battery back in, the Machine likely wasn’t tracking us.
B. No need to risk it, junk the phone, get a new one.
C. We’ll ask another Demon for a suggestion.
D. Something else.

After some fiddling with your webcam, you are ready to record. You spend a moment composing yourself, and press the red start button.

“Boozhoo everyone! Well, today I want to talk about Bde Maka Ska and why names matter....”

The vid is not your best, but you are fairly distracted with what you think of as more important issues. You want to try to contact Ruin and Tone, investigate the statue itself, and figure out what “In The Heart of the Fire” means exactly. You can do some of that with just an internet connection, but you have no interest in doing that research from your apartment. You get dressed, dressing warmly and making sure that you bring your satchel with you as if has larger pockets. After grabbing a few other things, including your drone, you grab your cash and your Metro pass and head out the door.

2. Any special specific items we are bringing with us?

As you walk pass Ms. Gilchrist’s door, Makwa starts barking. Right on cue her door cracks open and she wedges her head through the crack. Below her, Makwa sticks his Norwegian Elkhound snout through the door, you let him lick your hand as you and Gilchrist exchange the ritual greeting.

“Out late again Mabin.”

“It was game night with a few of my friends.”

“Oh, ‘game night’? Aren’t you a little old for games?”

“I’m young at heart Ms. Gilchrist.”

She sniffs, supposedly in derision, but you suspect she is trying to smell pot or meth or whatever she thinks you are selling.

“I’m heading out Ms. Gilchrist. Should I get you or Makkie anything?”

“We’re fine,” she says. “We don’t want your..money..being spent on us.”

After a moment she shuts the door, Makwa chuffing in disappointment. Mabin understands the need to respect and love elders, but Ms. Gilchrist makes the entire concept really loving hard.

You head to the Franklin library, taking a detour to check your spike dead drop. As you approach it, you see a rock has been placed on top of the snow where your drop is buried, the signal that your message was picked up. You had left a brief note describing your run-in with the Not-Cop and the runes on the Infrastructure. As quickly as you can you approach the drop, uncover it, and pull the whole spike out before continuing to walk away. After a few blocks, you unscrew the cap and see there is a piece of paper inside. You unroll it and see a note waiting for you, written in Polish.

“Promising lead on Fallen. Both will work on runes (Thracian?). Nothing on Not-Cop. Contact.”

At least their night wasn’t useless. Even with both of them working on the translation of the runes it’d take time. Since you couldn’t instinctually read them that implied they were in some dead language, which took time to track down and neither of them had a lot of free time. Though Ruin had said he wasn’t teaching today. Still, looks like they would only be able to provide minimal support for now.

When you get to the library you check out a laptop and set yourself up in a corner. You start with trying to get some background information on the Sculpture. This type of research is not in your wheelhouse, but you don’t know who else you could ask to help. And so, you spent a hour and a half trying to figure out who built that sculpture. After a series of dead-ends, you find something about The Art of the River Project. A cooperative effort between the city councils of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The goal of the project is to allow local artists a venue and commission for large-scale outside installations. A secondary goal is encourage foot traffic along the scenic foot trails and outlooks over the river. You have discovered that all the sculptures and installations are by local artists or artist co-ops, but no listing or artist pages.

You drum your fingers on the table for a minute, thinking. If there were a series of large installations being put up, St. Paul city planning would be part of that. There would be paperwork, with someone’s name on it. And if Mr. Tone’s Cover actually worked there, he might be able to pull up that name.

3. Do you email Tone, asking for this favor?
A Yes
B Yes, we’ll even stop by his work.
C No, we’ll get the information another way (how?)
D No, the artist isn’t important.

It is about 10:30 when you open up your anonymous Maildrop account and start to write to Ruin, setting up a time to meet with him and discuss the Fallen.

4. When and where do you want to meet with Ruin?
A For lunch, at a Neutral Place safe from prying eyes.
B As soon as possible, wherever he wants.
C Later in the day, at a meeting spot of my choosing (where?)
D Sometime/place else.

As you are writing this message, and waiting for a reply, you start to think about the two issues that are bothering you. The Tick-Tock Man Not-Cop, and the phrase the sculpture said. You debate contacting Alex. As a former cop Alex might have heard of some weirdness going on across the River. Though you have not revealed your true nature to Alex, there is a closeness and openness there. Besides, the two of you are currently on the outs, and this might be a good excuse to get in touch.

5. Do you ask Alex if they have heard anything about weird patrol men in St. Paul?
A Yes
B No.

6. Also what gender is Alex?
A Male
B Female

The phrase, “In the Heart of the Fire” is also troubling. You do not have all day to sit and try to find an answer to it online, with your ‘skill’ at researching. So, you need to ask a question of someone who might know everything, or near enough. So, naturally your mind drifts towards Onyx John.

Onyx John is an angel. A Guardian who has been around nearly as long as yourself. He sits , protecting something within Ramsey County Courthouse. Unchained in the area do not know what, and Onyx John has no interest in telling, protecting the Courthouse is all he cares about.

But the thing is, some time about 80 years ago, some clever demon realized that it really is all he cares about. He's got no loyalty to any other angel, and doesn't care one single bit about any piece of Infrastructure that isn't the one he's personally tasked with guarding. And as an angel who's known to have been on the same job for at least eighty years without being recalled or recycled, he knows quite a bit of what's going on in this town. So, he's always willing to make a deal. If you have a way to protect the Courthouse, or can sell out anyone who means harm to it or Onyx John, he's your man. You have talked and gotten information from John several times, though each time he has asked a favor of you. Sometimes it was being at a specific place at a specific time, sometimes it was just standing guard with him for a day.

7. Should we go and talk to John?
A.Yes
B. No.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mabin sucks at Researching! It took her an hour and a half to get one success

Your agenda for the day, in order of importance.

Maintain Mabin’s Cover
Try to contact Tone and Ruin
Investigate the Infrastructure as an art installation.
Find someone who can help with the runes on the Infrastructure
Investigate In the Heart of the Fire
Check dead drops and other messages (any suggestions?)
Spend some time crafting a Gadget
Go back to Highland Park and get closer to the sculpture

We have 8/10 Aether
In My Pocket has been reset.
We have 1 exp and 1 Beat

We can make a gadget later in the day, it will cost us a dot of Willpower, we'll discuss that more as needed.

NinjaPete fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Feb 18, 2018

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

1B

3A

4A

5A

6B

7B

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

1b 2 drawing supplies in case of inspiration 3a 4a 5a 6b

You've spelled Onyx as Oynx a couple times. It did not impede my fervour to hex the godmachine.

NinjaPete
Nov 14, 2004

Hail to the speaker,
Hail to the knower,

- Hávamál

vorebane posted:

You've spelled Onyx as Oynx a couple times. It did not impede my fervour to hex the godmachine.

Fixed. Maybe.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Kavak posted:

1B

3A

4A

5A

6B

7B

Sounds good to me. Not sure what to bring though.

Also, a dot of Willpower, for those not familiar with the Storyteller system, represents quite a significant investment, as it requires investing a part of our permanent Willpower score which can only be restored with xp. It is definitely beneficial to have gadgets but it's also definitely something to discuss in depth.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

1. D - Wait a couple hours, then put the battery back in.

3. A
4. B
5. A
6. B
7. A

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

1. B
2. I dunno, comfy shoes.
3. A Email is probably less disruptive than showing up.
4 A Gotta eat.
5 A
6 A Poor NinjaPete is already having to write a cover of a different race and gender from himself, no need to complicate things further by making her queer.
7 A

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
1B
3A
4A
5A
6A
7A

Also, can't believe I forgot to mention this, but we have some stockpiles of Aether in and around St. Paul. I just, ah, man can't quite name where it they are. Tip of my tongue, really. I'm sure I'll remember when we're nearby. I know we've got some in a refrigerator somewhere. That seems like an inconspicuous place to put aether. Those are never off anyway. Maybe it runs cold.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

Facebook Aunt posted:

Poor NinjaPete is already having to write a cover of a different race and gender from himself, no need to complicate things further by making her queer.

If Mabin likes girls it'll just be something Pete has in common with her :colbert:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

vorebane posted:

If Mabin likes girls it'll just be something Pete has in common with her :colbert:

I'm a little embarrassed I mentioned different gender and race, but not species. Which is kinda the biggest thing. Assuming he's not actually a demon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

1)B.
2)Touchscreen compatible gloves.
3)A.
4)B.
5)A.
6)-
7)A.