Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

My ability flips my alignment itt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

It’s time to call out LURKING SCUM

Atomic Soda
Chic Trombone
Dead Cow
Iron Chef Ramen
jon joe
Li Dawny
PMush Perfect
Pththya-lyi
Tobbs Gnawed
Token Female

from this list

Atomic Soda - usually averages 40 ppg
Chic - 36
DC - 55
icr - 19
jon joe - 94 !!!
li dawny - 63
pmush - 65
pththya-lyi -first game ever?
Tobbs - 115 !!!
TF - 69.7

With this in mind, Tobbs and Jon Joe are UNCHARACTERISTICALLY quiet. This raises suspicion. Confident at least one of them is scum if not both. Would vote for both. Let's start with ## vote Tobbs for the hell of it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
b- posting is real bad and would vote.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Asiina posted:

b- posting is real bad and would vote.

yeah this too

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Yooooooooooo I used to believe lurker lynch is great, and I still do... But the real way to address this is to look at how often the player is posting COMPARED TO THEIR USUAL PLAYING.

To do this we look at the player list post per game

https://votefinder.org/players

So look at the lurkers, if they USUALLY have low post counts, then it's not a good measure. But if they are usually active, and are lurking in this game only, that's bad.

ooo I'm 17 games away from 100!!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

from this list

Chic - 36
DC - 55
icr - 19
jon joe - 94 !!!
li dawny - 63
pmush - 65
Tobbs - 115 !!!
TF - 69.7

With this in mind, Tobbs and Jon Joe are UNCHARACTERISTICALLY quiet. This raises suspicion. Confident at least one of them is scum if not both. Would vote for both. Let's start with ## vote Tobbs for the hell of it.

This is scummy to me, I get where you're going, but I don't think you can hold a player to their average posts per game esp. players that might be returning for the first time in a while.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

from this list

Chic - 36
DC - 55
icr - 19
jon joe - 94 !!!
li dawny - 63
pmush - 65
Tobbs - 115 !!!
TF - 69.7

I mean I'm all for killing lurkers because lurking hurts games and lurkers deserve to die, and it's also hard to tell if someone is scum if they post nothing at all, unless they have a strong meta for lurking or posting as scum, but just going by who usually posts a lot but isn't this time isn't good reasoning because they may usually post just as much as scum as town and so it doesn't mean anything.

That was quite a run on sentence, but your reasoning for voting for any of these lurkers over others doesn't actually make sense.

I forgot a dog gif in the last post so here's an extra big dog.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

bminus is town. sorry u got owned again

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

GulagDolls posted:

bminus is town. sorry u got owned again

do people not want to play mafia or what? lol i have no idea what is going on right now

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

ooo I'm 17 games away from 100!!

What is the start date for that list?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

50 pounds of bread posted:

What is the start date for that list?

Dunno, it may be missing a couple on alts or name changes(unless it keeps namechanges)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Man, nearly 100 games and I'm still poo poo. That's whack.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
i-im shy...

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

This is a real thing btw.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
what if we hold off on the elections, you do the flip thingy and elect you tomorrow to make sure ur not lying???

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’m not saying low post count is a litmus test but unusual game play is definitely suspicious. This isn’t a new concept I made up.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

jon joe posted:

i-im shy...

Are you saying you’re lurking due to flavor

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

flerp posted:

what if we hold off on the elections, you do the flip thingy and elect you tomorrow to make sure ur not lying???

I agree with the taco bell mascot here

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

##nominate no one

flerp posted:

kinda hard to elect someone after they dayvig'ed themself but hey, let's give it a try why not

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I think hal was the scum nk, and eat the rich somehow died by visiting their watch target.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

I think hal was the scum nk, and eat the rich somehow died by visiting their watch target.

on what do you base this?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

flerp posted:

Then the town wastes an incredibly useful ability.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I’m not saying low post count is a litmus test but unusual game play is definitely suspicious. This isn’t a new concept I made up.

you're posting unusually frequently....

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

on what do you base this?
to be honest, not much. i guess it could go either way, just seemed like hal actually provided a read. i really don't understand why out of all people, scum chose to nk a lurker.

summary of hal's posts: nominated kash and agreed with Gulag about token's scumread of ngo.
eat the rich made literally one game-related post, a vote to lynch kash.

that's it.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Then the town wastes an incredibly useful ability.

Am I misunderstanding or is your claim not literally “when I tell prera in my google sheet, she’ll say I’m town”?

What is a waste about you not doing this immediately and making yourself a temp-immortal confirmed town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

you're posting unusually frequently....

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote NGO if lurker NGO is town, active NGO is scum. Simple logic, simple vote. Cya tomorrow.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

GeneX posted:

Am I misunderstanding or is your claim not literally “when I tell prera in my google sheet, she’ll say I’m town”?

What is a waste about you not doing this immediately and making yourself a temp-immortal confirmed town

I of course meant “pera” here

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##nominate Gulag still don't know if this president thing is a big joke or not.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

The Ninth Layer posted:

##nominate Gulag still don't know if this president thing is a big joke or not.

Nah, pera clarified

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

yeah you wanna explain this a little more cause that's kind of a crazy statement to just leave out there.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

GeneX posted:

Eh, might as well just claim it.

Every night I can download someone's records to a hard drive, I dont get to see the contents, but it records their role and alignment. At any point in the game I can release the info during the day which posts it directly to the thread. In doing so I get in trouble and sent to detention.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##nominate bread

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I'd rather not say who I targeted so far because I like surprises.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##nominate 50 pounds

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think people who are abstaining from making president calls are scummy. It's a lot easier for the town to pick a townie than the other way around.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Chic Trombone posted:

##nominate No One

While other people have made the point that it probably wouldn't be crippling to have a scum elected, i do NOT want to run that risk

##vote Chic Trombone

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So it doesn't switch your alignment, you get to fully cop someone and get it posted to the thread, but you would die by doing so.

Yeah, that's worth giving someone deathproof over to try to save them.

##nominate bread

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Every night I can download someone's records to a hard drive, I dont get to see the contents, but it records their role and alignment. At any point in the game I can release the info during the day which posts it directly to the thread. In doing so I get in trouble and sent to detention.

This sounds like you die if you claim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh okay you’re a voluntary death cop

That sounds stupid to even hint at but whatever, I’m okay giving with the temp-deathproof to a testable D2 cop claim

##nominate Fitty

• Locked thread