Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Where do I go to help my idiot friends get a job?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Halman posted:

talk to theresa.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I have found two points of interest labeled as "accidents." One was a woman hacked to death in a bed in some remote cottage, the other was somone buried waist deep in the ground, tied up in burlap and covered in blood from being savaged to death.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Avalanche posted:

Slav languages are mostly really similar with exceptions here and there in specific vocab, case marking rules, etc.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Poles, Lithuanians, Serbs/Croats/Balkans people, and Russians should have little problem understanding a lot of spoken Czech.

Lithuanian's not a Slavic language, but yes, I've also heard that the Slavic languages are quite similar to each other.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Where is Mikesh the blacksmith in Rakkay? The swordsmith/armorsmith/etc don't have names.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
why is fighting with a mace so different than swords? im just doing practice poo poo in rattay but literally every time i attack, its blocked and then i get smoked like 8 times in a row by the guard captain with absolutely no way to block or dodge

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Neurosis posted:

talk to theresa.

Oh my god. I somehow missed her being specific and thought she'd just said something vague.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Verviticus posted:

why is fighting with a mace so different than swords? im just doing practice poo poo in rattay but literally every time i attack, its blocked and then i get smoked like 8 times in a row by the guard captain with absolutely no way to block or dodge

From the description, maces apparently have worse defense than other weapons and are supposed to be used with a shield. Though I dunno whether one's available in the practice arena.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

hakimashou posted:

I have found two points of interest labeled as "accidents." One was a woman hacked to death in a bed in some remote cottage, the other was somone buried waist deep in the ground, tied up in burlap and covered in blood from being savaged to death.

In 1403 Bohemia, accidents have you.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Avalanche posted:

Slav languages are mostly really similar with exceptions here and there in specific vocab, case marking rules, etc.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Poles, Lithuanians, Serbs/Croats/Balkans people, and Russians should have little problem understanding a lot of spoken Czech.
It depends on the countries. Russians and Poles will definitely have problems with understanding Czech or Balkan languages. There is a lot of shared vocabulary but a complex dialogue in a game will leave enough doubts that you may not know what is going on in the game. Like sure, these people will be able to communicate on a tourist trip by understanding every third word but following a story is something else entirely. There are some languages closer to one another where it would work like Slovak/Polish but it's not equally easy across all EE countries.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Perestroika posted:

From the description, maces apparently have worse defense than other weapons and are supposed to be used with a shield. Though I dunno whether one's available in the practice arena.

it also seems like every riposte he does does massive damage, even with a pathetic practice weapon. oh well

edit: also you cant pay for training with a mace but you can pay for training with polearms ??

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Feb 18, 2018

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Combos with the longsword are really good because they basically let you stab people directly in the eyes through their visors. I accidentally instantly killed the wandering duel knight with 1 combo and felt pretty bad about it

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I know you can run around at night crouched and do nonlethal takedowns on everybody in town, but I don't know if it makes them hate you. You do get points though.

Oh poo poo, I forgot about that! I might need to try and do that to any lone bandits I find - in addition to lockpicking more, I guess.

Also, I wound up using my mace and shield on the attack in 'Baptism of Fire', then just bonked __Runt__ on the head right at the start of the fight...then again, not much later. :v: That didn't win me the fight alone, (I think I needed to hit his arm/shoulder once or twice more, before he died) but it made it sooo much easier than using a sword against him.

Halman posted:

You mean Fritz and whats-his-face? If so, I'd like to know where you actually found them! I mean, I went to a village north-west of Rattay (don't recall the name) and they mentioned that the two of them were around, but I haven't been able to find them.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I trained lockpicking and robbed the ring guy clean. Goty

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Theres a dude who wanders around offering riddles to people on the road, he owns. I'm getting a bit annoyed that all the betting I can do is only for pocket change though, winning a duel with a guy for a whole 50 Groschen is pretty lame. Also the fact that if you kill a guy in the woods and take his stuff it counts as stealing.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Neurosis posted:

in the house of god quest, I can't find the scaffolder. i talk to zmola who says the guy admitted to a crime and vanished while the foreman says come back at night. i go back at night but there's nothing to be done. is this a bug?

Or, and this is a spoiler, DON'T do that. Instead go to the local mill and find the guy you are actually looking for hiding there. He will tell you the truth about Zmola being the real killer and you can decide what to do from there

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Buschmaki posted:

Combos with the longsword are really good because they basically let you stab people directly in the eyes through their visors. I accidentally instantly killed the wandering duel knight with 1 combo and felt pretty bad about it

That one combo for one-handed swords (stab - left swing - low right swing) where you bonk the guy in the face with either your pommel or your shield is pretty great as well. Quick enough to land reliably and it seems to do decent damage against anybody without a visor. Managed to take down that same knight right quick with just a garbage hunting sword that way, without killing him.

Still felt a little bad about it though, what with taking his ancestral heirloom sword from him just to hawk it for mad money a bit later. His mom's gonna be so disappointed. :smith:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

turns out if you ever actually want to do more than practice round with the captain you cant! because the game can't handle doing two of them and instead just freezes on the load. neat.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
thread title is good but i would've voted for Kingdom Come: AD Noire

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Found a bug where you get stuck standing on your horse if you read a treasure map while riding it. So... don't do that or you'll have to load a save.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

So theres a quest where you have to give out some jobs to Skalitz people and pick the right people for the right jobs. Be aware that if you don't get the sword piece from one guy you can't complete a sidequest later. Also one guy offers to give you unarmed training if you give him a job. He doesn't give you one rank in it, he boost you up to loving 20.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
where do I sell stuff I took off bandits? regular traders, or do I have to go to like a weapon smith if I want to sell their weapons?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Romes128 posted:

where do I sell stuff I took off bandits? regular traders, or do I have to go to like a weapon smith if I want to sell their weapons?

Yes and yes

Patrat
Feb 14, 2012

So I found Runt's camp and I am awful at sneaking especially in plate, this lead to me beating rather large numbers of Cuman soldiers in full armour to death then carrying their bodies back down the track before looting their helmets, boots and gloves. Eventually I and my horse had full carry capacities of high value stuff and it has taken me some time to sell everything. I do not think that money is going to be a problem any time soon unless I complete a full set of Milanese armour.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I learned to read, god drat this game is great

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Neurosis posted:

stats on horses taken from here:

http://twinfinite.net/2018/02/kingdom-come-deliverance-best-horse-how/

Main Story Horse
Pebbles – 49 speed, 172 capacity, 8 courage, 210 stamina

Uzhitz Best Horse
Rocinante – 31 speed, 148 capacity, 16 courage, 159 stamina

Hatatitla – 37 speed, 228 capacity, 12 courage, 250 stamina

Sleipnir – 39 speed, 260 capacity, 18 courage, 250 stamina

Pegasus – 42 speed, 180 capacity, 15 courage, 310 stamina

Kanthaka – 40 speed, 196 capacity, 20 courage, 410 stamina

Neuhof Best Horse
Al-Buraq – 39 speed, 252 capacity, 15 courage, 410 stamina

Tulpar – 39 speed, 252 capacity, 11 courage, 230 stamina

Chollima – 37 speed, 188 capacity, 15 courage, 510 stamina

Trojan – 34 speed, 292 capacity, 7 courage, 230 stamina

Bucephalus – 36 speed, 276 capacity, 19 courage, 270 stamina

Epona – 37 speed, 212 capacity, 5 courage, 430 stamina

Boxer – 33 speed, 212 capacity, 11 courage, 250 stamina

Schemig – 35 speed, 252 capacity, 19 courage, 210 stamina

Bayard – 35 speed, 260 capacity, 11 courage, 350 stamina

it seems like whether to take pegasus, kanthaka or al-buraq is a matter of preference. surprised that good old pebbles is so fast, pity about the stamina.

while on the subject of horses i'm doing a quest now about one that made me chuckle. you have to get a stallion for a noblewoman that's far too irascible for its own good, and no one can deal with him except one groom. when you ask him how he does it he sheepishly explains he sings to the horse. 'i... know how it looks'. little writing touches like that show the writer understood better than the writers of the wooden puppets you get in bioware and bethesda games.

Pegasus with the 4 bag saddlebag and racehorse perk and military horseshoes has 71 speed and a carryweight of 340. Can you make pebbles truly yours so he responds to whistle? I don't even know where I left him since I didn't really use him at all

Scherloch
Oct 28, 2010

Yeah!

Jusupov posted:

Pegasus with the 4 bag saddlebag and racehorse perk and military horseshoes has 71 speed and a carryweight of 340. Can you make pebbles truly yours so he responds to whistle? I don't even know where I left him since I didn't really use him at all
I think Pebbles is yours from the moment you're told he's yours. He's been responding to my whistle at least since I left Neuhof to look for Ginger.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

After living like a hobo a few days, I accidentally found a tumb, and inside there where some armour. One item worth 2.500. Life is soo much better when you can buy stuff.

I am using that money to learn a few skills, read more books, play the game in a more healty way. My long term goal is to become a poacher, but first I have to find a bow I can use.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Tei posted:

After living like a hobo a few days, I accidentally found a tumb, and inside there where some armour. One item worth 2.500. Life is soo much better when you can buy stuff.

I am using that money to learn a few skills, read more books, play the game in a more healty way. My long term goal is to become a poacher, but first I have to find a bow I can use.

Consider doing the main quest a little further, if you haven't already. A dude will take you on a hunt where you get a bow and a bunch of arrows for free, as well as an opportunity to legally shoot a bunch of hares to pump up those skills in peace.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
What are the stat requirements on weapons for? It seems like I can still use them.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I read the lockpick mod doesn’t work. On the executioners chest for the Good Thief rip me :( lockpicking is so bad with a controller.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

KyloWinter posted:

What are the stat requirements on weapons for? It seems like I can still use them.

You can use them, but not very well. For example if you try to use a bow above your stats, you won't be able to hold the draw back at all. You'll just draw back and fire. Not sure what it does for swords and stuff.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

nessin posted:

It is also, apparently, notable that you are a nobody in the game. A nobody who the game still revolves around while rapidly becoming a warrior savant and a significant influence on the larger events going on around the game.

yes of course you have influence on events around you, but in the grand scheme of things you are a nobody living in a relatively unimportant backwater which is pretty different from games where you are literally some sort of messiah, fulfilling a prophesy, or one of the most badass warriors in the entire world. like even the "larger events" going on in the game are pretty minor, historically speaking, there's no world ending good versus evil battle, the central conflict is an emperor losing power to his half-brother because he was bad at his job.

Major Isoor posted:

You mean Fritz and whats-his-face? If so, I'd like to know where you actually found them! I mean, I went to a village north-west of Rattay (don't recall the name) and they mentioned that the two of them were around, but I haven't been able to find them.

they are hanging out at a tavern in Sasau. thats the biggest town in the southwestern section of the map, the one with the monastery.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 18, 2018

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Empress Brosephine posted:

I read the lockpick mod doesn’t work. On the executioners chest for the Good Thief rip me :( lockpicking is so bad with a controller.

it does. there are a couple of quests that don't like it but it's easy enough to move out of the folder for the duration.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Is there a legit armourer or weaponsmith anywhere other than Sasau?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Pwnstar posted:

So theres a quest where you have to give out some jobs to Skalitz people and pick the right people for the right jobs. Be aware that if you don't get the sword piece from one guy you can't complete a sidequest later. Also one guy offers to give you unarmed training if you give him a job. He doesn't give you one rank in it, he boost you up to loving 20.

well, that sounds boss.

There are a lot more side quests than I expected. It's weird playing a game like this that hasn't been fully wiki'd and explicated and guide-ed yet.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Sheep posted:

Is there a legit armourer or weaponsmith anywhere other than Sasau?

Rattay?

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I made friends with a nice rich lady and she gave me some money and told me I could Rob her castle. Game owns.

SeaWolf
Mar 7, 2008
Hey anyone know what the latin that's being spoken is under the sound settings in the menu is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Apparently

wh_pl_showfirecursor 1

is the console command for a bow targeting reticle to appear

This should be in the OP.