Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Olewithmilk posted:

I made friends with a nice rich lady and she gave me some money and told me I could Rob her castle.

It's a euphemism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

gasman posted:

Where was the john? I don't think he spawned for me, maybe because I had no pickpocket skill.

For me he spawned as one of the 4 no-name villagers drinking at the tavern. Around 2am he gets up and walks home, one of the 2 houses immediately to the west.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Empress Brosephine posted:

I read the lockpick mod doesn’t work. On the executioners chest for the Good Thief rip me :( lockpicking is so bad with a controller.

If you have speech you can get him to leave for a bit, I did that and murdered his dogs while he was out. Doing that means you can sneak back later and choke/pickpocket him while he's asleep to get his trunk key.

I had to work around the lovely lockpicking mechanic too

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD
I was finding loads of long gowns and such in containers, and was thinking "why can't I wear these?" Then it occurred to me that they were women's clothing. Why can't my Henry cross dress in 15th century Bohemia? 3/10.

Aardark
Aug 5, 2004

by Lowtax

precision posted:

thread title is good but i would've voted for Kingdom Come: AD Noire
Is this AD Noire? And how long is this game?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
this game is surprisingly really good so far. definitely much more of an adventure game than an RPG seemingly.

it became a lot more fun when i said "you know what, henry probably WOULD be total poo poo at picking locks, so maybe instead of reloading and trying it over and over i should just surrender to ~versimilitude~ and suck at everything except talking to people"

runs surprisingly well on a base PS4, looks great, no pop-in, load times are nowhere near as bad as i'd heard (maybe these are worse on PC?)

i guess some stuff has already been patched because reviews talk about how you have to play the first ~6 hours all in one go because of the save system and it took me like 45 minutes max to get to the "RUN!" quest, and the game saved like 5 times within those 45 minutes

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

There are a lot of stairs that you cannot climb at walking speed, which has been a more significant damper on my pillaging than any guard

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Futuresight posted:

Found a bug where you get stuck standing on your horse if you read a treasure map while riding it. So... don't do that or you'll have to load a save.

Oooh that's what happened thanks

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Apparently

wh_pl_showfirecursor 1

is the console command for a bow targeting reticle to appear

This doesn't seem to work in this release though, that command was from the beta

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

DreamShipWrecked posted:

This doesn't seem to work in this release though, that command was from the beta

I had wh_pl_showfirecursor=1 in my user.cfg for a while after release and it worked fine.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

I just tried it and it worked, unless it's something fancy instead of the regular dot cursor.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

TheCoon posted:

I had wh_pl_showfirecursor=1 in my user.cfg for a while after release and it worked fine.

Where is user.cfg located?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Where is user.cfg located?

In the base game directory, so something like \steamapps\common\Kingdom Come Deliverance\user.cfg . I think it's not automatically created by default, so you'll probably need to make it and put it there yourself.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades

DoctorGonzo posted:

I learned to read, god drat this game is great

I rented an inn and got a lot of books and sat in my bed and read until it told me I read too much today and can't read anymore. So I slept for 12 hours and tried to read again and it said that I've read too much today still, so I tried to go back to sleep and it said I've slept too much today so now I'm just wasting time until I can sleep or read again.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

TheCoon posted:

My mistake, looks like I had to change zones before it would work.

Also, apparently jail time caps out at 10 days, which is hilarious. The sentence for knocking a guy out and stealing his stuff and the one for a 20-guard murder rampage is the same.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Ok I threw up all the tips I collected from the past few pages in a Steam guide:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305878776

apologies if it's a little raw or if I missed some good tips, as people post more I'll expand it.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

AxeManiac posted:

I rented an inn and got a lot of books and sat in my bed and read until it told me I read too much today and can't read anymore. So I slept for 12 hours and tried to read again and it said that I've read too much today still, so I tried to go back to sleep and it said I've slept too much today so now I'm just wasting time until I can sleep or read again.

What I did was just alternate training with Bernard in the fighting ring, with reading sessions, until I ran out of books.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I just couldn't bring myself to help anyone in Merhojed's main quest thingie. They're all so rude.

Then after a cutscene I loot a body and the drat bandit witnesses me and calls the guards... Time to slaughter a whole village I suppose

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Why can't I execute any of the monks

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

MiddleOne posted:

Why can't I execute any of the monks

Having encountered no monks in game, I'll guess it's divine protection. Heathen.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Just a PSA - if you have fancy armor, be careful of wearing it when training with Bernard. He will 100% wreck your expensive poo poo while you're learning the mace.

Also I think on balance the combat is neat in this game but I do not think that enemies play by the same stamina rules as player. I've definitely run into fights where they can just infinitely chain combos on you. One of the main offenders I just ran into was Ulfrich . I get the sense that you're not really supposed to be able to beat him, because he's a fuckin' absolute beast, but I turned the tables on him with the lock-on bug.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Empress Brosephine posted:

I read the lockpick mod doesn’t work. On the executioners chest for the Good Thief rip me :( lockpicking is so bad with a controller.

It works, you just need 5 skill. I don't know why but (with the mod at least) some easy chests require 5 skill and some don't.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Oh, another specific gear tips request:

Other than the preorder bonus Warhorse gear, what armor sets have a particularly good defense/weight ratio? There's lots of sets of stuff at the armorer and it's hard to tell which particular pauldrons are the "best" or whatever.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ok I threw up all the tips I collected from the past few pages in a Steam guide:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305878776

apologies if it's a little raw or if I missed some good tips, as people post more I'll expand it.

this owns, thank you

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

VanillaGorilla posted:

Just a PSA - if you have fancy armor, be careful of wearing it when training with Bernard. He will 100% wreck your expensive poo poo while you're learning the mace.

Also I think on balance the combat is neat in this game but I do not think that enemies play by the same stamina rules as player. I've definitely run into fights where they can just infinitely chain combos on you. One of the main offenders I just ran into was Ulfrich . I get the sense that you're not really supposed to be able to beat him, because he's a fuckin' absolute beast, but I turned the tables on him with the lock-on bug.

Fix your armor to full at the armorer before starting training and grab a few of those toolkits. Once you get dinged up a bit start fixing your stuff and you'll level up maintenance too

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Jusupov posted:

Fix your armor to full at the armorer before starting training and grab a few of those toolkits. Once you get dinged up a bit start fixing your stuff and you'll level up maintenance too

He took two of my pieces down to 0, and there's definitely a floor on what you can self-repair unless you have really high skill.

It was a fight between gods that lasted most of a day.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Horses love it when the Mount prompt doesn't show up and you send an ear-splitting whistle right into their ears from point blank range

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
For those enemies, just shoot them with your bow and you'll win. Also combos break guards, as do ripostes, so you can use those too if you want.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
For anyone that's beaten the game:

I just finished the silver mine stuff and turned the bad guy over to the authorities. How much more do I have in the game? I'm 38 hours in, and kind running out of energy for this. I feel like I've done a lot of the content and just kind of want to get to the end of the game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Buschmaki posted:

Combos with the longsword are really good because they basically let you stab people directly in the eyes through their visors. I accidentally instantly killed the wandering duel knight with 1 combo and felt pretty bad about it

same. i had just unlocked the last sword skill and did it on him and slit his goddamn throat. i reloaded my last save because i felt bad :(

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Also:

Are there any side quests that give particularly good or useful rewards?

Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008

SeaWolf posted:

Hey anyone know what the latin that's being spoken is under the sound settings in the menu is?

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord%27s_Prayer#Latin_version

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Also:

Are there any side quests that give particularly good or useful rewards?

If you do the stone sidequest for Divish it gives you like 3k gold

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
How do I figure out the horses' names. All it says when I inspect the horse is "horse." This makes buying them a roll of the dice.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Those aren't the purchasable ones. The ones with names are interspersed with generic ones, it's kinda annoying.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Turns out guards spawn endlessly.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Turns out guards spawn endlessly.

Can you just pay 150 fine for that

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Jusupov posted:

Can you just pay 150 fine for that

Ten days prison

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

KyloWinter posted:

How do I figure out the horses' names. All it says when I inspect the horse is "horse." This makes buying them a roll of the dice.

Those are the wrong horses. Look for ones without saddles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Smirr posted:

Horses love it when the Mount prompt doesn't show up and you send an ear-splitting whistle right into their ears from point blank range

The horse whistle is a little terrifying. Get off your horse, walk a hundred yards across a field, looking at him the whole time. Then turn just so he’s out of your vision and whistle. And in a heartbeat, there your horse will be, breathing heavily down the back of your neck.