Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should get the final Elimination Chamber Spot?
This poll is closed.
Finn Balor 5 6.58%
Seth Rollins 0 0%
Squeeze them both into one pod 35 46.05%
Give THE BIG DOG! two pods to himself 36 47.37%
Total: 76 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Announced for RAW tomorrow night:

Bayley, Sasha Banks, and Mickie James vs Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose, and Alexa Bliss.

Did I miss something or is the Mickie and Alexa team up over with already?

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/965318503329882113

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
These motherfucking 6-woman tags are going to be the death of me.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
At least it's not a multi-woman match for a #1 contendership again.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

VJeff posted:

These motherfucking 6-woman tags are going to be the death of me.

why, are you wrestling against sasha banks?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DarkstarIV posted:

Did I miss something or is the Mickie and Alexa team up over with already?

Yeah, I'm positive last week Alexa actually ran in and beat up Absolution when they were giving Mickie a kicking?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, she'll probably just try and convince Absolution to work with her and that she respects them while also telling Mickie that she's with her and is just stuck here? And just try and avoid wrestling at all?

Isn't that like every Alexa Bliss story?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
WWE booking is bad and we should all feel bad for watching it.

But goshdarnit I love the old MSG shows from my youth.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Unban RGL

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Woman

Tag

We're back in 2015, just let rollins beat brock, kill sting again, and give the new day both tag belts

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i like when they do matches that seem like personal feelings are not involved at all, just like a real sport. When i was a child real sports were very interesting and i enjoy pretending that they made it big. unban RGL.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Cavauro posted:

i like when they do matches that seem like personal feelings are not involved at all, just like a real sport. When i was a child real sports were very interesting and i enjoy pretending that they made it big. unban RGL.

fear not, my child. rgl will return better faster stronger, and more thirsty for cum than he's ever been before

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thank you for banning RGL

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, we need more 10 lists and things equal as unfunny and cringe

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
this forum needs all the posters it can get

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jersualem is a lot like Shane McMahon.

Good 2016 Shane McMahon.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Between SDL and Raw Women's titles, Alexa has held a belt at some point for three hundred and ninety six days and counting, which is a big deal! And yet this whole thing's going to end with a shrug.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i bet vince saw a new japan show and decided that what the people must want is 6-person tag matches and decided to test it out in the women's division

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

VJeff posted:

Didn't Owens basically say "Sami, go gently caress yourself." in French right after tearing up?

My favorite (in WWE): Owens guarantees that he can get USA chants in a match between two Canadians.

https://youtu.be/AzioCMX4_J4

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

D.N. Nation posted:

Between SDL and Raw Women's titles, Alexa has held a belt at some point for three hundred and ninety six days and counting, which is a big deal! And yet this whole thing's going to end with a shrug.

And I imagine (by imagine I mean hope) she won't get a title reign again for awhile after this. I mean its not likely that Alexa will get another lengthy reign simply because WWE is most likely going to put the title on Ronda before the end of this year, no matter what the audience wants.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

I went to a house show once where the main event was Edge defending his title against Batista. Edge spent something like 10 minutes faking out getting into the ring to START the match and it was one of the most entertaining things I'd ever seen. Batista was great too, just absolutely losing his mind at this rear end in a top hat who wouldn't let the match start, and after the show he spent like 15 minutes going around the crowd high-fiving people and talking to kids :3:

My favorite house show moment was when the Rock started cutting a "send the crowd home happy" promo after the main event when a fan rushed the ring. As security was dragging her out he started yelling at them to "bring The Rock's fan back" to the ring, where he played the nice guy for a minute before completely running her down for being an idiot.

The Rock was pretty good.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

what percentage of people here do you think would flat out stop watching all wwe programming if they couldn't post here anymore

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

cams posted:

what percentage of people here do you think would flat out stop watching all wwe programming if they couldn't post here anymore

In all honesty I probably would have stopped watching wrestling a fair while back if it wasn't for the fun I have talking about it here with you guys :shobon:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I watch a few ppvs a year and mostly keep up with the threads, wrestling could be real good but WWE actively wants to lose money by being poo poo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

cams posted:

I don't think I'd ever watch the weekly TV without the GDTs here. I'd probably still watch PPVs.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Conversely, I'd probably watch more wrestling, though the bigger uptake would be I'd actually listen to WOL to keep up with Wrestling Info instead of reading it thirdhand here.

Congrats, PSP, you did it. You're slightly more tolerable than Mike Sempervive.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

My wrestling watching is pretty sporadic so I'd probably tune into RAW every now and then when I was sitting around on a Monday Night and was like "Remember when this was Wrestling Night? That would be cool if it still was."

But like I wouldn't know jack poo poo about what was happening in WWE if I didn't peruse these threads and so it probably never be anything more than a random Monday night.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

In all honesty I probably would have stopped watching wrestling a fair while back if it wasn't for the fun I have talking about it here with you guys :shobon:

Yeah, I would've given up on watching Raw & Smackdown years ago if it wasn't for the GDTs here.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

Didn't Owens basically say "Sami, go gently caress yourself." in French right after tearing up?

It was “Sami, I loving hate you”, sort of.

French swearing is weird. They just string together religious words, and no specific one means anything. The more they use in a row, the worse the curse is. But just one, like Owens used, is PG enough.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

cams posted:

I watch the occasional PPV with a buddy and only know what’s going on from what I read here

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Oddly enough I stopped watching wrestling when I was drunk everyday, and started again when I finally sobered up and started visiting threads again.

Not sure which is a worse life to be honest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

poo poo.... :smith:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

poo poo.... :smith:

i told you we were all into achewood again

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

jackofarcades posted:

Yeah, so it's probably something like: the number of people watching both Raw and SD went up, but there really isn't a significant number of people who ONLY watch SD, even after the brand split.

I think the problem is that without the brand split, around a million people decide to just watch Raw only.

There were definitely Smackdown-only fans pre-cable for fairly obvious reasons, but I do agree that the WWE pushed idea that they've ever been almost two completely separate audiences is ludicrous.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'd probably still watch New Japan/Indy's but I'd 100% skip raw if it wasn't for reading the thread

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Wouldn’t it be funny if Vince seized control of the NXT product haha

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If that happened then a lot of people Would probably start saying nxt loving sucks.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

fart blood posted:

Wouldn’t it be funny if Vince seized control of the NXT product haha

Considering the new stable that was at live shows, he might have

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/965450072891756549 KO is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

cams posted:

Not me, though that's mainly thanks to twitter and the PSP discord channel.

• Locked thread