Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah ive killed him a bunch, just obnoxious when im trying to farm monsters and kill them asap so i can make the weapon/armor i want, biut the theme song owns so its a trade off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

It’s fun to fight odogaron with DB because it’s a fast psycho with sharp teeth and claws and you’re a fast psycho with sharp blades made out of its friends

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the enjoyment i get out of seeing monsters attack each other may someday wear off, but the enjoyment i get out of doing big combos on both monsters at once seems eternal

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
with a charged up switch axe in particular since it makes makes that amazing cracking sound every time it collides with a monster part. youre just swinging into this big cacophony of fangs and claws. god its such a sick game

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the only thing missing is the ability to invade other ppl ala dark souls. doing the little prance dance after i tranq and trap an absent minded gamer would be so good

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

the only thing missing is the ability to invade other ppl ala dark souls. doing the little prance dance after i tranq and trap an absent minded gamer would be so good

what the gently caress you would hunt another human being you sick gently caress

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
what armor would a human man give

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bolverkur posted:

what the gently caress you would hunt another human being you sick gently caress

Humanity is the real monster

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

absolutely anything posted:

what armor would a human man give

i just like the idea of a sleeping player character on an observation platform in my base, but historically, the ear necklace is gonna be your go-to carve

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i just like the idea of a sleeping player character on an observation platform in my base, but historically, the ear necklace is gonna be your go-to carve

it puts the potion on its skin

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bolverkur posted:

covenant rewards

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

monster hunter is pure and your depraved asses dont deserve it. now excuse me as im off to kill the god of the forest like in princess mononoke so i can make a rad new really big sword from its googly eyed head

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Changing language to monster hunter gibberish was a good choice

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
I made a rarity 8 switch axe and mounted Vaal Hazak at the same time my friend did. It was great. Goty

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Successful mount takedowns never stop satisfying. The build up to the last shot is so epic.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
If you topple Uragaan over you can use your mining pick on his tallywhacker.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w78SXWNgOfc

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
Amazing, if you drink enough you get so drunk you fall over when you leave the canteen

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

its the most dangerous game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I can’t decide between the katana, hammer, lance, gun lance, charge blade, switch axe, insect glaive, and bow

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

net cafe scandal posted:

I can’t decide between the katana, hammer, lance, gun lance, charge blade, switch axe, insect glaive, and bow

That’s a good choice

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Greatsword

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Evil Eagle posted:

Greatsword

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I chose the gun lance as my first weapon.

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
All the weapons are cool and good in some way and I'm glad there is a lot of variet available. I've been using the switch axe and bow a lot lately and I'm surprised with how fun the bow is.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Wait so uhh the Street Fighter stuff is only available to people who have an SFV save? Lame.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Wait so uhh the Street Fighter stuff is only available to people who have an SFV save? Lame.

iirc the outfit will be available for everyone eventually

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
you can join the quest if someone in your hub posts it, but you have to complete it a few times and that seems like too much bullshit versus waiting a month or so

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
This is my first Monster Hunter game and I decided to play Hammer and it's the best poo poo ever. Just constantly wailing on their head until they fall down, Also sliding down a hill and doing a sick spinning move.

It kinda sucks for some monsters solo (Beetlejuice is basically impossible to hit) but that's what SOS flares are for.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Landing a super charge attack on two monsters at once with the great sword and seeing three parts broken notifications is amazing

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

every monster is my friend off camera and we like to play at hunting but i still fuckin murder and carve them i just love this game so god drat much

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

There are 9 7-star rathalos sidequests wtf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Control Volume posted:

There are 9 7-star rathalos sidequests wtf

welcome to monster hunter

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You can fire the slinger while knocked on the ground :psyduck:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Control Volume posted:

This changes everything

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Control Volume posted:

also while mounting, it speeds up the sequence. if you're doing multiplayer they can fire slinger shots to help, too

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The Rotten Vale large monster theme is amazing. It really gets the blood pumping

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

If you topple Uragaan over you can use your mining pick on his tallywhacker.

you can also do this with rodogaron

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003