Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I'm scared, hold me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This went bananas in the like 5 hours I was away from my phone or pc lol wtf

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret

Dead Cow posted:

I'm scared, hold me

it's okay it's going to be fine

i have studied for an entire game for this, vote me president and i will lead us to ultimate victory over the bears

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I gotta say I really like the idea of a fake game to weed out lurkers before the real game starts

Yeah, that is neat if true.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
what the gently caress

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

also ##nominate cat

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

btw I gotta say I really like the idea of a fake game to weed out lurkers before the real game starts

This can't be right, though. We still lynched Kashuno and an SK, and we still lost gulag. There has to have been some other purpose.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i was still able to murder detentionize bminus so actions in the first phase definitely had an impact

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

curiousCat posted:

This can't be right, though. We still lynched Kashuno and an SK, and we still lost gulag. There has to have been some other purpose.

if it was to get us to lynch fitty, then it worked

##vote fitty

lying about being a cop to claim a presumably heavily influential position in the game is no bueno

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Lol, if a scum had become president they would have gotten a free vigkill.

I lied to ensure a townie got it. Simple as that.

Feel free to lynch me, I knew full well that was the cost of keeping the presidency out of scums hands.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

More importantly, IS THE GARDENING CLUB STILL ACCEPTING MEMBERS?!?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

50 pounds of bread posted:

Feel free to lynch me

will do

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

##vote 50

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

You guys are bad if you are town, lol.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Policy over politicians

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

im bad regardless of alignment :mad:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
im so confused...

my chara sheet is exactly the same w no changes 50, so what is the truth?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Atomic Soda posted:

im so confused...

my chara sheet is exactly the same w no changes 50, so what is the truth?

I confirmed that mine is the original character sheet, not my president one. I have two different tabs on my google doc, one for each role.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##nominate Token Female

They were given some pretty solid, and genuine reads early on. Even though the bit on LD fell apart as early game convictions tend to do, I felt like that was some grade A work.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
giving*

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

##nominate 50 pounds of bread

Because I'm the best.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##nominate Token Female

They were given some pretty solid, and genuine reads early on. Even though the bit on LD fell apart as early game convictions tend to do, I felt like that was some grade A work.

a-HEM

... good choice for prez, though. Token, are you actually interested in taking the position? If so I'll add my vote.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##Nominate Cat

Cat was active and didn't blatantly lie to get put in a leadership role.

(Also I really like cats)

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
If Token wants the role I would consider voting for her as well.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The president gets a vig kill, and the ability to change lurker threshold. It's very bad for it to go to scum.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I would much rather have no president if it's not someone with confirmed alignment.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
##nominate token female agree her posting been good if she wants it.

whos going to be my walking buddy. gene, lets be frenemies

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I would much rather have no president if it's not someone with confirmed alignment.

hey, if everyone wants to kill 50 anyway, just elect me president and I promise the vig is getting used on him.

I will also promise to avoid raising the posting requirements, in honour of Nat's persuasive discussion on the topic. Also, the worst of the lurkers are already gone.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Bifauxnen posted:

hey, if everyone wants to kill 50 anyway, just elect me president and I promise the vig is getting used on him.

I will also promise to avoid raising the posting requirements, in honour of Nat's persuasive discussion on the topic. Also, the worst of the lurkers are already gone.

You only want to kill me because you're scum lol.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

a-HEM

... good choice for prez, though. Token, are you actually interested in taking the position? If so I'll add my vote.

lol, if token declines I'll nominate you. You'd make a solid candidate to for volume alone

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You only want to kill me because you're scum lol.

Bifauxnen posted:

You killed Nat instead of Tired

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

I thought you didn't want to be President?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SalTheBard posted:

I thought you didn't want to be President?

that was back when I thought it might have like actual responsibility or something

also before I swore vengeance

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Bifauxnen posted:

that was back when I thought it might have like actual responsibility or something

also before I swore vengeance

Makes sense!

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

realtalk bif is my choice #1 female is my choice #2
but I'm my choice #0 for everything positive ever so

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
gene x you flagged this post by me as scummy in prev thread

quote:

yeah agreed.

i'm nominating gulag cause he seemed to be at least attempting to find scum, he's not buddying up to ppl to get votes, and i feel more comfortable with him than kash (as the two then vote leaders). not really wanting to nominate asiina at this stage what with the rampant gifs, feels like smokescreening, i don't think posting more than usual is a great tell to go off esp when so many posts have been content-less.

either way we need to pick, scum must be loving this.

but when you quoted it, you didn't mention that this was in response to bminus (rip) saying we should give reasons for our nominations - i agreed and posted the above (which i still stand by). you think that post is scummy enough to warrant me being your 2nd scum pick, is that still the case?

some people have indicated changed roles and others have the same which is weird.

if token doesn't want it i'd be more comfortable going down the no nom route, there's a whiff of fish around biff.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

GeneX posted:

Oh okay I assume FL’s thread will just go straight to pseudo-mysticism

I was a tracker before; got no results from tracking Dead Cow, Asiina, and Atomic Soda, in order. Now my role flavor is a glitched haiku and my anime’s profile is determined rather than cutesy, so...

Did your role name change?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dead Cow posted:

i too am interested in the fact you got a new role don't tell us what it is of course (unless its 'scumbear')

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

It sure looks like the president's powers may have changed in Pod's tidepool vs pera's psychedelicave, but maybe I'm misinterpreting the OP

also nat 20 is still around so I'm not sure why you're crying out for vengeance, it looks like fitty lost his presidential powers in the threadshift

Atomic Soda posted:

gene x you flagged this post by me as scummy in prev thread

but when you quoted it, you didn't mention that this was in response to bminus (rip) saying we should give reasons for our nominations - i agreed and posted the above (which i still stand by). you think that post is scummy enough to warrant me being your 2nd scum pick, is that still the case?

some people have indicated changed roles and others have the same which is weird.

if token doesn't want it i'd be more comfortable going down the no nom route, there's a whiff of fish around biff.

I mean I think it's pretty clear that I'm playing this game by ear (to put it nicely), so kinda(?), considering I still think the reasoning given for the picks isn't reflective of the gamestate at the actual moment in time you made that post

you not doing anything last night makes me feel mildly better about you though, and fitty's off to the side patting himself on the back for fakeclaiming a confirmable cop, so you're definitely not #1 or anything

Dead Cow posted:

Yup, Class Representative to Tutor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

oh wait that was stupid of me, eh, whatever

• Locked thread