Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Vintersorg posted:

At least we know Chopper survives up to Rogue One. :unsmith:

I can't see Rebels killing everyone off though. Out of everyone I hope Ezra's is done right.

You know, I was half expecting them to pull a fast one and kill somebody other than Kanan off. Maybe have Sabine or Ezra die while Kanan was busy pitching woo at Hera, which then drives him into exile or a suicide-by-stormtrooper sort of situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

I'm still in for Ezra. Now, without a mentor, and one of the few "Jedi" (even in training), you know he's about to be on Palpatine's radar. He could die, he could fade into the background, he could decide to stay on Lothal as it's protector, he could become an apprentice of Palpatine (he won't, but you know, story wise, it's probably going to come up). I'm curious where they go before it's all over.

They do meet up at least. After both eps were over, they showed a preview of the rest of the season and one shot included a closeup of Palps boasting, "I have you now, Ezra Bridger!"

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, that's from the mid-season preview. It was posted earlier in the thread.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

You know, I was half expecting them to pull a fast one and kill somebody other than Kanan off. Maybe have Sabine or Ezra die while Kanan was busy pitching woo at Hera, which then drives him into exile or a suicide-by-stormtrooper sort of situation.

Ezra makes the most sense since everyone else would be super useful for the rebellion and can easily show up in future projects, but Ezra being a Jedi when Luke was specifically the last new hope of the Jedi would make him the obvious target. So long as its a worthy death to at least match Kanaan's it should be fine.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Shitenshi posted:

They do meet up at least. After both eps were over, they showed a preview of the rest of the season and one shot included a closeup of Palps boasting, "I have you now, Ezra Bridger!"

Just rewatched that midseason trailer; could just be Palpy chewing the scenery after getting a report that Ezra is surrounded by troops or something.

But I also noticed a shot of Ezra in the same Kung Fu style 'force push out to either side' pose that Kanan was in.....

My speculation is that Ezra will Sacrifice himself to somehow seal the Jedi Temple on Lothal against the Emperor.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

TheCenturion posted:

I know, that's my point. At the end of ROTS, Bail Organa saying 'Looks like I own a pair of droids now. Have the anthropomorphic one who can actually talk back mind-wiped and put him to work' is played as comedy.

Also part of Lucas's need to brute-force in references, because C3P0 had no idea what the hell R2D2 was talking about half the time when he'd reference things in the original trilogy. But, yeah, it's kind of awkward as hell to just casually slip that in as a joke and just march right on by it without missing a beat.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

If you didn't watch Rebels Recon, apparently the cast wasn't told that Kanan was going to die until they had already recorded everything up to that part, then Filoni came in and showed them the storyboards for the last part. There's a one-second shot in the behind the scenes stuff of Freddie Prinze Jr. sitting in the corner holding his head in his hands that's almost as heartbreaking as anything that happened in the episode.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Moon Slayer posted:

If you didn't watch Rebels Recon, apparently the cast wasn't told that Kanan was going to die until they had already recorded everything up to that part, then Filoni came in and showed them the storyboards for the last part. There's a one-second shot in the behind the scenes stuff of Freddie Prinze Jr. sitting in the corner holding his head in his hands that's almost as heartbreaking as anything that happened in the episode.

Surely they had to suspect something, especially Freddie :confused:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
According to recon Freddie had been pushing for it to happen for a while. Probably less shock, more overall sadness about everything coming to an end.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Pops Mgee posted:

According to recon Freddie had been pushing for it to happen for a while. Probably less shock, more overall sadness about everything coming to an end.

I seem to recall him being one of the several huge Star Wars nerds in the cast that just really, really loves the franchise and being a part of it, so I could see that being it. Then again, this is the final season so it's all coming to an end soon anyways.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Moon Slayer posted:

They kept replaying shots of Kanan's death during that Recon segment and man, even outside of watching the episode, the clips of Kanan looking back at Hera while holding off the explosion are just so affecting. There was never a moment in Clone Wars that ever had that kind of hold on me. Good poo poo.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I just watched the latest Rebels Recon, and I didn't realize they all recorded in the same room together. That's cool, most shows don't do that and record separately, splicing them together later. The only other show I can think of that did that off the top of my head was Batman: The Animated Series.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
It's not unusual for actors to record together, it happens frequently enough. It's just really hard to get everyone together for every episode.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

thrawn527 posted:

I just watched the latest Rebels Recon, and I didn't realize they all recorded in the same room together. That's cool, most shows don't do that and record separately, splicing them together later. The only other show I can think of that did that off the top of my head was Batman: The Animated Series.

all of the DCAU did this. Did Clone Wars record this way as well?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I didn't know this was more the norm. I know when Batman did it, it was considered rare. Good on other shows for doing this, if they do. I think it helps chemistry.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Yeah, they talk about it in the behind the scenes extra stuff in the B:TAS boxset. They also talk about how everyone used to poke fun at Mark Hamill for standing up to perform the Joker.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Yeah, they talk about it in the behind the scenes extra stuff in the B:TAS boxset. They also talk about how everyone used to poke fun at Mark Hamill for standing up to perform the Joker.

Hamill just loved getting into his voice acting roles in general apparently. While he was commuting he'd apparently spend the time practicing lines and, in particular, Joker laughs and would scare the poo poo out of people in surrounding cars. You can kind of see it in how he plays the Trickster on CW's The Flash too.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

He'd also like to get all up in Kevin Conroy's face during confrontation scenes.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Moon Slayer posted:

The old M*A*S*H play

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Dave Filoni interviews are always worth a read: http://www.animationmagazine.net/top-stories/director-dave-filoni-on-star-wars-rebels-the-journey-and-the-legacy/

The main takeaways: The early thinking was that Rebels would end with the crew getting the Death Star plans, but that obviously changed when Rogue One became a thing.
We’ll find out what the next Lucasfilm Animation project is soon.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Lol. I love that the new eu still had multiple people working on getting those plans. Not officially of course but still.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

DancinBrud posted:

We’ll find out what the next Lucasfilm Animation project is soon.

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/What_Is_Star_Wars_Resistance_179740.asp

Signs seem to be pointing towards it being called "Star Wars: Resistance", then again that may be the long talked-about live action series.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’d love to see some kind of spy-thriller involving Cassian/Rebel Intelligence in general. Something like the movie Spy Games or The Usual Suspects with things getting all sorts of twisted every such way.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Dave Syndrome posted:

http://www.theforce.net/story/front/What_Is_Star_Wars_Resistance_179740.asp

Signs seem to be pointing towards it being called "Star Wars: Resistance", then again that may be the long talked-about live action series.
It wouldn’t surprise me one bit if the next series was set in the era of the current movies. Especially if there’s a multi-year (in-universe) gap between episodes 8 and 9 as the Resistance is built up.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

thrawn527 posted:

Futurama's cast recorded almost all of their episodes together. The only cast member who had occasional trouble making it to the group recordings was Katey Sagal, who was always so busy with other stuff, but Billy West would come in to act against her when it came time to do her sessions.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd rather something that takes place in the 30 years between RTOJ and TFA. Explaining the insane fuckups the New Republic made like completely demilitarizing itself, and letting "The Emperor had some good ideas" kind of people get into power, and most importantly, explore the origins of the first order. Maybe it could follow former Imperials who just want to move on, but their past keeps catching up with them.

I mean, there will be books and comics and games that cover that era too, but I think an animated show would be the best.

That or a New Canon version of the Old Republic. Though my hopes for the Rian Johnson or the GoT guys series is that too.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I like that it's literally part of the new Star Wars canon that liberalism will always fundamentally fail to combat nascent fascism. History will absolve Saw Gerrera.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Instead of being called "tankies", people like Saw are called "walkers".

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I'd rather something that takes place in the 30 years between RTOJ and TFA. Explaining the insane fuckups the New Republic made like completely demilitarizing itself, and letting "The Emperor had some good ideas" kind of people get into power, and most importantly, explore the origins of the first order. Maybe it could follow former Imperials who just want to move on, but their past keeps catching up with them.

I mean, there will be books and comics and games that cover that era too, but I think an animated show would be the best.

This or a short (1-3 season) series set between Ep IV and V clone wars style.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

twistedmentat posted:

That or a New Canon version of the Old Republic. Though my hopes for the Rian Johnson or the GoT guys series is that too.

If you give KotOR to David and DB it will be just like my playthroughs where Revan/The Exile tries to gently caress everyone around them

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

twistedmentat posted:

That show might also satisfy the demand for a Snoke backstory. I mean, we got the beginnings of the First Order with Rae Sloane and Gallius Rax in the Aftermath novels, but there's still a lot of space to fill.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

420 Gank Mid posted:

If you give KotOR to David and DB it will be just like my playthroughs where Revan/The Exile tries to gently caress everyone around them

Forcing the Wookie to kill Mission still haunts me. I can never be truly evil in a game ever again. I've seriously not had a game that made me so uncomfortable with a choice than that. And I've done a lot of evil poo poo in Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mass Effect.

Dave Syndrome posted:

That show might also satisfy the demand for a Snoke backstory. I mean, we got the beginnings of the First Order with Rae Sloane and Gallius Rax in the Aftermath novels, but there's still a lot of space to fill.

That's what I was thinking. Fill in some of those major background missing plot points while giving people a familar but different setting.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I like that it's literally part of the new Star Wars canon that liberalism will always fundamentally fail to combat nascent fascism. History will absolve Saw Gerrera.

I took away you should not stop stomping on the face of fascists until they are no longer fascists. Its actually really facinating, as the books show that Leia and other heroes of the Rebellion said that they shouldn't let the Empire just gently caress off with all their ships and troops, but then one of the Palpatine did nothing wrong types let it spill she and Luke were Vaders kids so everyone turned on them.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Does anybody know when last week’s episodes went up on the Disney XD streaming site? Was it right at 9:00 PM EST, or were they available all day before that?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

DancinBrud posted:

Does anybody know when last week’s episodes went up on the Disney XD streaming site? Was it right at 9:00 PM EST, or were they available all day before that?

It was just after they both ended, around 9:15 CST for me.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

If you want "Adventures in New Republic political shittery" you really need to read the Leia Organa novel that came out a few months back. So good.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
It's kinda sad the new New Republic turned out even shittier than the old New Republic.

Thwomp posted:

Lol. I love that the new eu still had multiple people working on getting those plans. Not officially of course but still.

It's good they did Rogue One so early on so as to nip that mess in the bud.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Shame about it being such a poo poo movie tho

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's far and away the best of the 3 new movies so far, and Solo doesn't look like it's going to shake any trees

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

twistedmentat posted:

Forcing the Wookie to kill Mission still haunts me. I can never be truly evil in a game ever again. I've seriously not had a game that made me so uncomfortable with a choice than that. And I've done a lot of evil poo poo in Elder Scrolls, Fallout and Mass Effect.

Planescape Torment probably does Evil one of the best ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Shame about it being such a poo poo movie tho

I enjoy it far more on rewatch, but the cast as a whole is fairly forgettable. Aside from Krennic and the final space battle I'm not sure anyone will remember it 5 years from now.

• Locked thread