Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Poor Marty :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I do love that they're leaning into "there's people caught in the middle of this struggle" with Marty.

And this is also a pretty amazing six-man tag. Chase pulling some real weight.

Also Jesus Kenny and Kota haven't missed a beat

GOLDEN TRIANGLE

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Holy poo poo, Hangman

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yeah i will very much be enjoying these golden lovers vs bullet club matches

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Ahahahahaha the Bucks each wearing a Kenny and Cody shirt

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves
:lol: Ibushi is his rat

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

So surely Marty turning on Cody is going to involve Cody telling him to shake his hand, Marty doing it, and breaking his fingers, right

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I cannot wait for the crowd to explode the first time Kenny tags in Kota.

Gonn have to wait an extra show for this. :(

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I really love the proper press conference feel NJPW has even if it takes a few days for translations to make it to YouTube. It's just so natural feeling.

Interested to see how the Tongan crew react to "Bullet Club is mine".

Carlioo
Dec 26, 2012

:krakentoot:

The Cameo posted:

So surely Marty turning on Cody is going to involve Cody telling him to shake his hand, Marty doing it, and breaking his fingers, right

They better, I was hoping Marty didn't want to snap Kenny's fingers and they did that.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Gonn have to wait an extra show for this. :(
also for their new finisher

i love how much heat cody is gonna get from this just by keeping kenny from being with ibushi. wrestling is fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Goddammit I thought this was tomorrow, not today. gently caress.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
How dare they not give Beer City Bruiser the strap.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Jerusalem posted:

Goddammit I thought this was tomorrow, not today. gently caress.

I had the opposite problem where I kept seeing it started at 6:30, my clock saying 6:3£, and getting mad I couldn't find the stream.

Anyway, some really good matches. Short show though. Beer City Bruiser vs. Goto was as awesome as you expected.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cody is loving despised lmao. Really fun show. Congrats to BCB for the best Goto match of February.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
Did these shows sell out? Nice touch having GL come out together to their old theme. Should keep that up.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I want BCB and Silas in the tag league

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
beeyooweep, popping in to say best friends, taguchi, dalton castle, and jay lethal is an absurdly fun combination of wrestlers. also the knife pervert is there.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels
I find Flip Gordon amusing on BTE, but was it me or did that 3 way kind of do nothing for anyone involved?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves

shiksa posted:

beeyooweep, popping in to say best friends, taguchi, dalton castle, and jay lethal is an absurdly fun combination of wrestlers. also the knife pervert is there.

Dustin threatening to get that shirt off of Dalton was too much for 5am me.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Flip Gordon would be way more impressive if we didn't see Ospreay on every show.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

here comes the spunk posted:

Flip Gordon would be way more impressive if we didn't see Ospreay on every show.

yeah that's one too many douchebags.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Catching up on the rest of the ROH/NJPW card. What the hell is Delirious, he seems awful

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

extradite THIS! posted:

Catching up on the rest of the ROH/NJPW card. What the hell is Delirious, he seems awful

A trash hobo

He's also the head booker of ROH.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I bet Marty turns on Cody tomorrow

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Really enjoyed that Bucks match. Might give it an HM nom.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Three-way was also good poo poo. I hadn't seen Flip Gordon before, he's cool.

Also lmao at that one Japanese dude in the crowd with a FLIP ARMY sign

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Big fat motherfucker flipping from the apron. I think I love Beer City Bruiser like two mins into the match

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

extradite THIS! posted:

Delirious's shtick was alright 13 or so years ago, but good god I was amazed to see he's still doing it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I've lived long enough to see people who've never heard of Delirious, wow.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

extradite THIS! posted:

I loving hate Delirious.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

coconono posted:

I've lived long enough to see people who've never heard of Delirious, wow.

I'm not American and have never watched ROH :shobon:

But man that gimmick seemed bad. I've seen enough "whoa this guy is crazy and WACKY!!!!!" gimmicks to last five lifetimes.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

This main event is dope as hell

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

extradite THIS! posted:

I'm not American and have never watched ROH :shobon:

But man that gimmick seemed bad. I've seen enough "whoa this guy is crazy and WACKY!!!!!" gimmicks to last five lifetimes.

he's the OG WACKY INDIE GUY.

Dude is legit crazy. Like with all the benefits and downsides.

He's slowed down a ton since his 2004-2010 period but his body of work is still impressive. He's similar to Quack where he had a hand in training or working with some of the top talents in the US and Canada scenes. Along with Chris Hero, he brought back the idea of standing grappling attacks that look impressive and are actually functional.

People like to bag on him because his booking is tepid as gently caress, which is very true. Terrible booker. No hype, just boring poo poo he clears with Jim Cornette(his spiritual advisor?). Also people act like he invented nepotism in wrestling so there's that too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Delirious was an above average worker with a unique nonsense promo style because he was a lizard man. It ran its course but it's fun to see him once a year.

And Cornette has nothing to do with ROH now. Delirious is boys with Joe Koff, not Cornette.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cornette and Delirious talk regularly.

There’s your scoop.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I'm in the middle of watching today's show. Has anyone tweeted Flip Gordon about why it's night in the US while it's day in Japan and vice versa? Because somebody should.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Marty Scurll was pretty drat over on night 1, thought he got the top pop

Then I saw Kenny and Kota's entrance, holy poo poo. Pretty impressive pop for a smaller show.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

the golden lovers are going to be the hottest act in wrestling for the foreseeable future

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

cams posted:

the golden lovers are going to be the hottest act in wrestling for the foreseeable future

Fuckin' A. I hope Kenny wins the strap, then holds it for a bit before losing to Naito to set up Okada (who wins the G-1) gunning for Naito at WK, all with the support of Kenny's roommate Kota.