Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

it's all good, I found my crappy third party controller. PS3 store is indeed functionally unusable from the PS3 itself

you cn also plug a dual shock 4 into the USB and it'll work fine. just cant use it wireless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Fungah! posted:

you cn also plug a dual shock 4 into the USB and it'll work fine. just cant use it wireless

:stare:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Fungah! posted:

i think there actually is some convoluted way to get it to work wireless as well

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i thiunk using a dualshock 4 on ps3 is kind of hosed up though, when i was playing SotN with one the inputs for spells and poo poo wouldnt be recognized

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

mycophobia posted:

it's all good, I found my crappy third party controller. PS3 store is indeed functionally unusable from the PS3 itself

Going to the store to buy re4 on my fat ps3 made it sound like a vacuum cleaner and it died a month later.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

Lady Maria might be my all time fave souls fight

Getting the Visceral on her ... that’s a Goomba Stomp

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

This village of unreasonably difficult fish people seems like a terrible reward for winning that battle

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Finishing off my 100% completion run of Burnout 2 while leaving Super Mario Odyssey idle on the TV at full volume and making note of whenever one of my balloons gets popped.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I spent like 5 hours in the first town in Original Sin 1 and didnt even do all the quests and loot lmfao. Its far denser than BG or pillars of eternity.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Going to either beat Hollow Knight or do some Morrowind modding and playing.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They should have called this game Ni No Comfy

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

codenameFANGIO posted:

This village of unreasonably difficult fish people seems like a terrible reward for winning that battle

i love that area. it just gets grosser, and more dilapidated as you get further and further into the insane history of yarnham until you face one of the best bosses in the whole series.

Reverend Stupid
Aug 7, 2003

I played yakuza 3, 4 and 5 using a ps4 controller wirelessly on my ps3. The downside is that there's no vibration, the home button doesn't work and the r1/l1 buttons aren't analog (the taxi missions in Yakuza 5 were impossible on the higher levels). There is a guide here to set it up if you're interested: https://www.gamesradar.com/how-do-you-use-ps4-controller-ps3/

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

i love that area. it just gets grosser, and more dilapidated as you get further and further into the insane history of yarnham until you face one of the best bosses in the whole series.

yeah it's such a perfect send-off for the perfect game. I cannot imagine how they could have made it any more oppressive or grimy lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The switch version of CE2 is pissing me off but it looks like nobody bought it so I may stick with it for leaderboards. I did the same thing with the Vita version of Ys Origin and it was worth it for the Nightmare arenas for 4 people who had ever entered a score lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training posted:

The switch version of CE2 is pissing me off but it looks like nobody bought it so I may stick with it for leaderboards. I did the same thing with the Vita version of Ys Origin and it was worth it for the Nightmare arenas for 4 people who had ever entered a score lol.

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Hell, I'm the best Cammy on Ultra Street Fighter 2.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
ce2 is a lot worse than ce and cedx so i'm glad i got it for a dollar from a humble bundle packaged with zool amiga cd version and hunnie pop or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like it 100x more than CE or +, because the ghost phase is active and wild instead of just eating a power pellet and turning around

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

In Training posted:

I like it 100x more than CE or +, because the ghost phase is active and wild instead of just eating a power pellet and turning around
Same, as much as I love CE DX+, CE2 is more dynamic and requires more on-the-fly skill.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

goferchan posted:

Toki Tori 2 got a surprise Switch release out of nowhere today, with some new additions from previous versions. I never beat it before, I'll probably buy it again...... that game kinda flew under everyone's radar but it's REAL good

That games dpretty good, i came back to it afyrr a year and ilmmediately solved the puzzkle i was horribly stuck on, then I got stuck 10 minutes later. Anyway, after a nightr our we went to my friden'sdsand tried overcooked which was pretty fun. I cant imagine how we'd do with more than 2 prople

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat act 1 of OS2 as a solo character. Take you to dinner? :grin:

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Playing MGS V with all hud elements and action button prompts turned off + no interpreters. I am Big Boss.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Gaming has changed

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Spoderman posted:

Playing MGS V with all hud elements and action button prompts turned off + no interpreters. I am Big Boss.

You’re pretty good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

the ps store redesign for ps4 making ps3s soft lock and whir and catch fire and not being fixed in 4 years ftw

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Larry Parrish posted:

I spent like 5 hours in the first town in Original Sin 1 and didnt even do all the quests and loot lmfao. Its far denser than BG or pillars of eternity.

Swipe every painting you can $$$$$

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
Runescape

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Persona 4

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

wanna play something on my switch but idk what to get. never played Bayonetta games but I also never played the zelda dlc

I could just play stardew some more too

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FFXIV. The level 70 dungeons/trials have been rad.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

popping balloons in mario odyssey and fighterz

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/elfbot/status/967492378750803969

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

You can tell Ni No Kuni is a Studio Ghibli game because it's very charming, it's great to look at, but it's also incredibly boring.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

wanna play something on my switch but idk what to get. never played Bayonetta games but I also never played the zelda dlc

Idk if this is common knowledge or not but if you buy Bayo 2 digitally you get Bayo 1 dirt cheap. I didn't see any ads for this deal and only found out when a friend told me. Anyway, you should play Bayo 1 it's really good.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

probably gonna beat mgr today, thn either xenoblade or a real metal gear

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

fadam posted:

You can tell Ni No Kuni is a Studio Ghibli game because it's very charming, it's great to look at, but it's also incredibly boring.

What the gently caress...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

drat play Bayonetta

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

probably gonna beat mgr today, thn either xenoblade or a real metal gear

Mgr is like three hours long so you should probably manage

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

first time...? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

FFXIV. The level 70 dungeons/trials have been rad.
FFXIV has the best endgame of any MMO I've seen