Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
i'm no expert on incels but i'm pretty sure it's not that their standards are too high but rather their garbage personalities and stunted social skills that repel any woman within 20 feet. i dont think id blame a below average dude for holding out rather than lowering his standards because a lot of times lowering your standards in the US means going out with someone who weighs 2 or 3 times what you do :chaostrump:

if youtube is any indication a lot of those incel/tfl guys are probably like Kent, an incel youtuber who isn't too bad looking but is legit autistic and has no clue how to carry himself around women

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
*Deep, confident voice* I'm volcel

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

incels and sexbots, just the content i'm looking for in the nytimes is bad thread

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
My wife just got a letter to the editor approved for publishing in the failing NYT's in the Monday print edition.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If my social life is crippled by mental illness does that make me illcel?

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

RandomPauI posted:

no, that's still incel

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

R. Guyovich posted:

incels and sexbots, just the content i'm looking for in the nytimes is bad thread

The Op-ed page won't diversify itself.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

My wife just got a letter to the editor approved for publishing in the failing NYT's in the Monday print edition.

what about? leak it here

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

what about? leak it here

Giving the subject of the letter would positively identify her as I doubt there are that many letters published in total in the print edition.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

so your wife's letter will be the worst take, got it

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
hello Bret Stephens

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

no, he said “wife”....... must be bari weiss

Stinky Wizzleteats
Nov 26, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
if they didnt have such poo poo politics and refused to take cock, hell, im horny enough id try loving all of them, problem solved

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

RandomPauI posted:

thats no excuse, crazy girls gently caress

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Best Giraffe posted:

thats no excuse, crazy girls gently caress

Fair point. Vista Del Mar burned down but there's nothing holding me back from picking someone up from Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara besides not wanting to make the drive. So I guess it's lazycel.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

RandomPauI posted:

Fair point. Vista Del Mar burned down but there's nothing holding me back from picking someone up from Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara besides not wanting to make the drive. So I guess it's lazycel.
You're treading dangerously close to the Australia-style of pickup artistry that got a goon permabanned recently.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

You're treading dangerously close to the Australia-style of pickup artistry that got a goon permabanned recently.

Australians hit on mentally ill girls?

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
i think most of the talk about incels is pretty far off the mark. a lot of the dumb stuff they believe and say makes more sense if you consider that they are all terrified of rejection by the opposite sex.

that sort of self esteem issue slamming into patriarchal norms sends boys spiraling out into a constellation of very stupid beliefs from puas, to mras, to incels, etc....

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

A Buttery Pastry posted:

To be clear, those were meant as throwaway jokes.

I'm not in a good place to be in a relationship, am not looking to hook up, and recognize that this is my own personal thing. And the only reason I go to psych hospitals is to visit my mom during her stays or to check in for my own stays.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

RandomPauI posted:

there is absolutely no reason to be this geographically specific in a forum post.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I live in Ventura County, Vista just burned down a month ago which is where I've almost always gone for inpatient and outpatient services as a patient and for no other reasons than to receive psychiatric treatment.

Hilmont is always full, so the only other options for treatment would be hospitals an hour or more away from where I live.

Edit: This is becoming a derail so let's leave things at "failed attempt at humor".

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

R. Guyovich posted:

there is absolutely no reason to be this geographically specific in a forum post.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/967511248127569920

the failing washington post

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

lol that article literally just blindly asserts a bunch of stuff without even attempting to support it in any way. Usually articles like this at least make some half-assed attempt to twist some polls/statistics to support their point.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

are millenials bad because they're ruining the economy by not having any money and power or are they ruining society by having too much money and power. please help

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

BBJoey posted:

are millenials bad because they're ruining the economy by not having any money and power or are they ruining society by having too much money and power. please help

too much avocado is ruining the economy

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

BBJoey posted:

it's both.

the amount of ad campaign briefs i've read that simultaneously identify millenials as both having infinite money but also being poor as gently caress so ~experiences~ matter is amazing.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Gen Z brought us the wife letter

Millenials only gave us the wife email

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

lol that article literally just blindly asserts a bunch of stuff without even attempting to support it in any way. Usually articles like this at least make some half-assed attempt to twist some polls/statistics to support their point.

what, you don't trust the word of 75-year-old think-tanker Morley Winograd, a washed-out Democratic establishment official who spent the Bush years reinventing himself as the self-proclaimed "Millennial Generation Guru" who makes big bucks selling his expertise as a marketing consultant on the millennial generation?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kbiegel/status/697653293338603520

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Morley Winograd sounds like an anagram for something...

A Worry Goldmine

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

LOL

https://twitter.com/MPAVictoria/status/699067294022897664

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/967573669559009282

has anyone coined a rule yet? "those who whine about how sensitive everyone else is are themselves not only overly sensitive, but cripplingly self-unaware to boot"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/firescotch/status/967740796039585792

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/967801337042874369

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Has Glenn been taking the spice?

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

glenn beck rebranding himself was one of the funniest things from the election

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Dmitri-9 posted:

Has Glenn been taking the spice?

blue within blue

Shear Modulus