Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

do it....... Do It!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/TSN_Sports/status/967561237633609728

lol including ryan is probably what's blowing it up

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Look Around You posted:

Thing is, if they insisted on Zack Smith instead, they MIGHT find a taker, if just because he makes much less than Ryan (Ryan-7.25, Smith, 3.25), plus it's arguably worth it to take on a bad but manageable deal as opposed to quite possibly the worst long term deal in the NHL rn

Plus even if they take back someone making about 2-3 MM, they're still saving anywhere from that's still a saving of about 7-8 million

e: I know Smith has a modified ntc but he'll probably be pretty agreeable to going somewhere decent

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Feb 25, 2018

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Look Around You posted:

well that was fun for about a day

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I like how Melnyk seems to think that there's a contending team out there with enough cap space to keep Karlsson and Ryan long term.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

eXXon posted:

I like how Melnyk seems to think that there's a contending team out there with enough cap space to keep Karlsson and Ryan long term.

The Preds (14.1) do but they'd have to give up too much long term assets I'd think

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Gonna laugh my dick off if Ryan causes them to lose him for nothing.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/status/967574569170202624

Jeff, retain Jeff. Jeff pls retain.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Even better if they lose Karlsson for nothing and still have to pay Ryan

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

They'll probably realize the gravity of that loss and trade him on draft night, from what analysts think. That said, that might be more of a "This is what I'd do if I couldn't get a deadline deal done" thought process by media guys than anything.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The Preds (14.1) do but they'd have to give up too much long term assets I'd think

Vegas too. Don't think Nashville would want that Ryan deal under any circumstance though.

Milwaukee scratched Yakov Trenin tonight so I guess he might be a trade piece.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I kinda want him to end up in Nashville for the multi-generational Jackets West roster (Nash, Johansen, Hartnell).

e- Uncle Bob: https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/967577971664957440

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/967577971664957440

New names, who dis?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Like... Maatta, Jarry, a couple of the Penguins' young/cheap forwards and a couple draft picks for Karlsson... that would almost work if the Penguins hadn't just traded the Sens a good goalie prospect :v: And Melnyk would probably love Maatta because he's locked in for several more years cheap.

Kinda highlights though that if they really want someone the Penguins still have a ton to offer without crippling themselves

Adding Brassard while also subtracting Reaves REALLY DRAMATICALLY improves both of the Penguins' bottom two forward lines, winning the Cup is really hard (honestly it relies more on health than anything else) but that was a pretty great deal for them.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 25, 2018

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Not to get too Bill Simmons, I think if Nashville offered Jarnkrok, Ellis, and Petersson plus a pick Ottawa would have to say yes, right?

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Not to get too Bill Simmons, I think if Nashville offered Jarnkrok, Ellis, and Petersson plus a pick Ottawa would have to say yes, right?

Melnyk is apparently adamant that Ryan goes packaged in with Karlsson (becuase money) so probably not.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

https://twitter.com/markscheig/status/967579858627977216

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Look Around You posted:

Melnyk is apparently adamant that Ryan goes packaged in with Karlsson (becuase money) so probably not.

Right, but Nashville has 14.1 MM in space and are only sending back about 5.2 for 14.0 on the dot, so Ottawa is saving 8.8 MM, and it leaves them with just Gaborik as a bad deal on their books

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 25, 2018

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Melnyk is an agent sent by Bettman to destroy hockey in Ottawa so he can move the Senators to San Antonio or whatever, right?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Trent Frederic sucks

I think Lindgren does too

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

I wonder how little in players/picks Melnyk would take for Karlsson if someone agreed to take Ryan's contract off his hands.

I also wonder how much it would take to persuade Jim Rutherford's good friends in Vegas to swallow said contract. No reason. Just wondering.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

I wonder how little in players/picks Melnyk would take for Karlsson if someone agreed to take Ryan's contract off his hands.

I also wonder how much it would take to persuade Jim Rutherford's good friends in Vegas to swallow said contract. No reason. Just wondering.

A second deal where Vegas launders money for Pittsburgh has got to be the point where somebody in the NHL calls bullshit, right? :flag:

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

i mean i guess we'd want forsbacka-karlsson out of those but none of bostons prospects are really that exciting to me

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm gonna loving puke if Senyshyn is a main player coming back.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i doubt jeff is that stupid but idk

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
-e- Wrong thread

Stretch Marx fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Feb 25, 2018

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Reports say Pacioretty wants out of Montreal.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

Reports say Pacioretty wants out of Montreal.

Who doesn't at this point

Oh yeah that's right

BERGEVIN

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Look Around You posted:

Supposedly they were asking for a roster player from TB and they werent going to part with loving Yanni Gourde. Haha gently caress me

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

stab posted:

Who doesn't at this point

Oh yeah that's right

BERGEVIN

Andrew Shaw!

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

DuhSal posted:

Andrew Shaw!

Shea Weber

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Supposedly they were asking for a roster player from TB and they werent going to part with loving Yanni Gourde. Haha gently caress me

Stevie gonna conacher the sens again isn’t he

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

This can make sense, but honestly I don’t think Nashville should trade their top 4D of Ellis, Josi, Subban and Eklholm for ANYONE. Even Karlsson.

They work together, there are no issues, you know it works, so really it’s like trying to fix something that isn’t broken. Nashville could use someone like Nash, one more forward to add depth.

Also, they need good Pekka, not bad Pekka. Fingers crossed.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/status/967601264816091137

Fancy cats like McD.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Kings are in on Patches?

Also Bergeron leaves locker room with a walking boot on his leg/foot

Thufir
May 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/967607375673765889

lol wut

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

oh my god

They have the cap space to take EK and Ryan, and they have cost controlled players to return, so it makes some sense.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
"PK & EK" buddy comedy series coming soon!

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Just think of playing against a hockey team that always has either Erik Karlsson or PK Subban on the ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thufir
May 19, 2004

I gotta think Poile wouldn't blow up the roster in any significant way mid-season? So Emelin, Aberg, and a 1st?

• Locked thread