Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
that sure is a post-lockout lou lamoriello move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/967802459690213377

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is Matthews dead or something? And if he is why are they bothering adding?

CDX
Dec 3, 2004

Cheap, but not as cheap as your girlfriend.
The Leafs? loving seriously. Bye Cathorse :(

Also sup SAS?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wonder if they're not planning on moving another centre to shore up their D

Arabian Jesus
Feb 15, 2008

We've got the American Jesus
Bolstering national faith

We've got the American Jesus
Overwhelming millions every day

:lol:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is Matthews dead or something? And if he is why are they bothering adding?

Matthews has a separated shoulder and should be back before the playoffs. Valiev and Rychel are nothing prospects, but it kind of sucks losing a second rounder.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

I was gonna do this gimmick where I was going to post "but Benning said that teams weren't trading UFAs for picks and prospects this year? :confused:" every time a deal for picks and prospects happened but it's actually kinda bumming me out so I won't. God I hate that mouth breathing simpleton.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
So he's gonna have his 1000th game in a Leafs jersey. Haha.

Who is Kyle Baun?

Edit: oh I guess he would finish the regular season at 999 if he plays every game for the rest of the season. Guess there's hope for him to return for a game or some poo poo.

Dr Zaius fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Feb 25, 2018

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Kyle baun is the chicago reject we got for martinsen who we traded ghettoblaster for

Also a 2nd round pick for cathorse? Ill take it

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Woooooaaaaah I did not think this would actually happen.

Valiev and Rychel are terrible and old for prospects, sorry HAS.

It kinda bugs me that Lou keeps on bleeding second rounders for guys that won’t really move the needle year after year, but Babcock has his replacement for Moore and someone he can maybe play over Bozak when the games get tight.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Any reason for the Rangers to keep Spooner instead of flipping him for more picks/prospects?

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I hate Lou. This is such a nothing trade. Valiev and Rychel weren't making the team but I really don't see the point of a 2nd for another 4th line centre.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Is Plex more than a fourth centre? Because if he is this is probably a precursor to moving Bozak.

Also apparently Kyle Baun is Bobby Baun’s grandson so that’s nice.

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 25, 2018

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I don’t think there’s any possibility the Leafs move Bozak, I think this is just depth/insurance because Babs is insecure about having enough centres that he likes.

Still if they’re gonna bleed futures at least go all the way and shore up the defense too

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Hand Knit posted:

Is Plex more than a fourth centre? Because if he is this is probably a precursor to moving Bozak.

He doesn't seem to be that much better than Bozak though.. and older. I don't get this move. Can Plekanec play on Defence?? :v:

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
Plex's offence has dried up in the last few years, but he's solid defensively. He plays well against tough forwards. Good shut down guy, good on pk

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

The biggest winners of this trade are those of us in the gently caress Kerby Rychel Club.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah Plekanec’s role is going to be “the faceoff guy in close situations/matchup centre that isn’t Kadri” hopefully Babs doesn’t sabotage him by playing him with Matt Martin like he did Boyle.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I always confuse Plekanec with Pacioretty for some reason so I thought this trade was way different.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/SunGarrioch/status/967807306699362305

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

I’m hooting and hollering like a maniac

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Lmfao what? Just giving up?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Rotten Cookies posted:

Lmfao what? Just giving up?

Noone will trade for these guys so they're trying to give them away for free.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Noone will trade for these guys so they're trying to give them away for free.

They'd have to wait to trade burrows anyways, he's suspended

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Cathorse. :(

Don't really care about those prospects though but really surprised the Leafs gave up a 2nd rounder. So that's a win I guess.

Leafs better have turtlenecks for him. :mad:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also I’d like to pour one out for the “Glendening to the Leafs” rumours, sorry whichever media member keeps linking Detroit’s bad players to Babcock in order to excuse Holland.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

What the hell is a Pontus Aberg?

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
Oh, also, 14 is retired by the Leafs. RIP Cathorse.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Letestu back to CBJ. Three way with Nashville.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Oh we'll have turtlenecks. The most areodynamic, perfectly insulated yet somehow breathable, spill free turtlenecks science can design. Imagine the Kessel pod but for sweaters.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

What the hell is a Pontus Aberg?

Smallish swede that hasn’t quite put it together in the NHL

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Koopa Kid posted:

Yeah Plekanec’s role is going to be “the faceoff guy in close situations/matchup centre that isn’t Kadri” hopefully Babs doesn’t sabotage him by playing him with Matt Martin like he did Boyle.

This feels legitimately valuable to the Leafs in a way that Boyle wasn’t. With Kapanen-Plex-Komarov the Leafs can run a plug-free fourth line.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Stretch Marx posted:

Oh we'll have turtlenecks. The most areodynamic, perfectly insulated yet somehow breathable, spill free turtlenecks science can design. Imagine the Kessel pod but for sweaters.

You made a pod out of Amanda Kessel's brother? You son of a bitch!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Doesn't have the style points of JR's deal, but the full deal is Nashville trades Pontus Aberg to Edmonton for Mark Letestu. Nashville then trades Letestu to Columbus for a 4th.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Oduya actually had no value? Jesus

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Hand Knit posted:

This feels legitimately valuable to the Leafs in a way that Boyle wasn’t. With Kapanen-Plex-Komarov the Leafs can run a plug-free fourth line.

Please trade Martin to avoid tempting Babcock... even though he's been pretty good at keeping him far away lately.

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Burrows is also a 35+ contract. With another year remaining. And a 10 team NTC.

lol

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

I like his game and I think the price is fair, I’m just jaded about how much he’s actually going to move the needle for this team in the minutes he’ll get. It’s obviously an upgrade on Moore, but how much is that really worth? And it doesn’t solve the issue that half the defense is trash, if you’re not addressing that then it’s just a waste. But we’ll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Oduya actually had no value? Jesus

I'm mildly surprised they couldn't get a late pick off of someone for him, like a 6th or 7th, surely he's about as good as Brandon Davidson....then again Davidson's probably cheaper

• Locked thread