Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I like Baltimore a lot but I also like Detroit and Cleveland so take that for what it’s worth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Zodijackylite posted:

MDF is actually in two real venues now. The only thing outside is merch, which is in a nice walking-only alleyway that also had bars/restaurants.

That’s awesome. That’s what I get for not going in years. The first year I went was to, surprise, see Bolt Thrower. Glad I got to after what happened.

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 24, 2018

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Listening to Terminal Redux tonight.

Remember that last Vektor tour when they played this front to back and then literally everyone left the band?

:doggo:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Rexxed posted:

Another track from the new Slugdge album is up. It's sounding good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyeOZh0VOjw

I'm so excited for this album jesus christ.

Rudest Buddhist
May 26, 2005

You only lose what you cling to, bitch.
Fun Shoe
Terminal Redux is so sprawling and yet concise. There is no way DiSanto isn’t a genius and comes back in four years with a new lineup and blows everyone away.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Rudest Buddhist posted:

Terminal Redux is so sprawling and yet concise. There is no way DiSanto isn’t a genius and comes back in four years with a new lineup and blows everyone away.

Yeah this. I was sad until I realized it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Rudest Buddhist posted:

Listening to Terminal Redux tonight.

Remember that last Vektor tour when they played this front to back and then literally everyone left the band?

:doggo:

I know. I was there. I felt so lucky once the announcement dropped. and so depressed :smithicide:

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I actually think Black Future is their best album, but they're all good.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Don’t know how you can call a 75 minute thrash album “ concise” but ok. If your thrash album is over 42 minutes you better start looking at how to cut that running length down and also not write boring songs.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Tengger Cavalry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJU55emnrvQ

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wje_Uij4aBA

Jambinai just played this or something a lot like it at the Olympic closing ceremony, that was a surprise.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

Don’t know how you can call a 75 minute thrash album “ concise” but ok. If your thrash album is over 42 minutes you better start looking at how to cut that running length down and also not write boring songs.

Vektor have never released a boring song

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Vektor have never released a boring song

My experience with Terminal Redux where I quit the album at the 38 minute mark says otherwise.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dimebags Brain posted:

My experience with Terminal Redux where I quit the album at the 38 minute mark says otherwise.

Sorry for your terrible opinion.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

symbolic posted:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Guys he can’t help it, he has Dimebag’s brain

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Dimebags Brain posted:

wrongest thing i've ever heard

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

My taste is probably terrible but i think Terminal Redux is their weakest album. It's not bad, I just got bored of it rather fast due to the somehow catchy nature of the choruses and vocal lines. Outer Isolation is brilliant though.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Terminal Redux leans too hard into the prog. Outer Isolation and Black Future were both better.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

I love proggy stuff but I agree, the first two albums had the right amount and then TR went just a bit too far. It's still good but it's a bit less fun, and Vektor are at their best when they're fun.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
If you don't like "Collapse," I will deduce that you are not human. :colbert:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

symbolic posted:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
they're all really good

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I hope the next is even proggier honestly. Tech prog whatever thrash rules.

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian
black future is the best by a lot

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I think Terminal Redux is their best by a small margin, but Tetrastructural Minds is their best song

Vektor owns in every way

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Out of morbid curiosity I listened to some of this band's new stuff recently and its incredibly awful even by the standards of 'folk metal band goes commercial'

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

kumba posted:

Tetrastructural Minds is their best song

This. So glad I got to hear this live before band died.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I'm mad I never got to see them live with that lineup

I'm in Denver on vacation at the moment and visited Red Rocks Ampitheatre yesterday. If BTBAM or any of my other favorite bands ever plan a show here I'm definitely coming back

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

I get cold chills when DiSanto goes into full on shrieks during the Outer Isolation title track.

Japex
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Y'all know of any bands similar to Warning?? They're music's hella depressing, but like super dope

Watching From a Distance is my favorite album so far

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Japex posted:

Y'all know of any bands similar to Warning?? They're music's hella depressing, but like super dope

You’ve listened to his other project 40 Watt Sun right? From what I’ve found it’s the only thing that comes close to the feeling that Warning creates.

gently caress I love Warning so much.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Japex posted:

There are a lot of doom bands, particularly in the gothic subgenre that are similair but very few have both the stripped down sound and clean vocals like Warning. A lot of the stuff that has vocals that might line up is really ornate and dramatic, and some of the more stripped down and basic stuff is all death growls and poo poo. Still you might like these:

Early While Heaven Wept
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI8ui50XVno

Some of early Virgin Black's early stuff might fit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCVtWU6NoJY

The Slow Death
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRWSM7-d9Oo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Japex posted:

they’re maybe the most popular doom band around right now so you’ve probably heard them, but Pallbearer (especially their first album) have major Warning influences.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

hopterque posted:

I'm so excited for this album jesus christ.

my email posted:

Just a quick note to say that Willowtip shipped your order and it’s now on its way:

Esoteric Malacology: Esoteric Malacolgy Digipak CD, by Slugdge
Compact Disc (CD)

I just got a shipping notification from willowtip. It's possible the CD will show up early! Knowing the USPS it'll show up after the digital release, though.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

A human heart posted:

Out of morbid curiosity I listened to some of this band's new stuff recently and its incredibly awful even by the standards of 'folk metal band goes commercial'

They spent all their juices making 5 albums every year so Nature Gangbang downloaded fl studio and this is the result. They should just take a break.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
i'm reading the swedish death metal book and it's great cos there's also a spotify list with all those obscure demo bands from the 80s in it. really funny stories in it, too

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice

Oh dear. I had hoped for something more. This sounds like it could have been nightwish, but with different vocals. Not a blastbeat in sight. Well, maybe there will be some better ones on the album and they needed something poppy to get back on the airwaves.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Japex posted:

you might like Samothrace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Varg posted:

you might like Samothrace

samothrace rules

similar bands who scratch the same itch imo:

asunder (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj67XrW5m_k)
loss (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihpen9zimiw)
caskets open (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8sDGqWn-yE)
scald (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYfQJ_uYwbs)