Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
The only time I've watched a simpsons episode that has come out in the past 10 years was when I was on a transatlantic flight and they had a few episodes of TV shows available for free.

The simpsons episodes available were the Elon Musk one and the Burning Man one. I think just sitting and staring at the seat in front of me for an hour would have been more enjoyable than watching that garbage while trapped on a plane for 8 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Turtlicious posted:

I still watch the Simpsons and so do many people of my generation (youngs.)

E: old people hating the simpsons and not understanding it is what makes it so good.

You are going to be so embarassed by this post in like 12 years when you realize you're the dipshit pre-toilet-death 70's Vegas Fat Elvis fan telling 1950's Elvis fans that they were wrong and stupid.

E: I can't stress this enough. You are going to be so embarassed by your current opinions. Write this post down in a notebook and put it in a time capsule. In 12 years you will literally want to die from shame. It's you. You're that guy. The one everyone says they aren't until reality hits them like a ton of bricks.

The Anime Liker has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Feb 26, 2018

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

that's not the right face goddamnit

the ideal is to use the whole sequence from the show, but when you're gonna post the dud meme as a still image, you have to pick a frame from the middle to convey the right emotion

ffs

Sagebrush has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Feb 26, 2018

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

You are going to be so embarassed by this post in like 12 years when you realize you're the dipshit pre-toilet-death 70's Vegas Fat Elvis fan telling 1950's Elvis fans that they were wrong and stupid.

E: I can't stress this enough. You are going to be so embarassed by your current opinions. Write this post down in a notebook and put it in a time capsule. In 12 years you will literally want to die from shame. It's you. You're that guy. The one everyone says they aren't until reality hits them like a ton of bricks.

Or in other words,

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

needs pictures of the 2nd impact site w/ all the auroras

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

The Awesomesaurus posted:

There actually is a whole episode focused on Elon Musk, with him as the guest star.

It’s as loving dreadful as you can imagine.

I thought it was actually a good episode, the flamethrower gag and the bond villain ending was pretty funny.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I haven't seen it so I can't tell if this is a joke referencing the hank Scorpio episode or if simpsons is just ripping off old ideas and adding celebrities.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Just echoing that this is 100% accurate. I second the motion to time capsule your opinion today.

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Garrand posted:

I haven't seen it so I can't tell if this is a joke referencing the hank Scorpio episode or if simpsons is just ripping off old ideas and adding celebrities.

What does your heart tell you

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Scuttlebug died on the way to his home parallel universe.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

frankenfreak posted:

Scuttlebug died performed a full A-press on the way to his home parallel universe.

ftfy, basically same thing though

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Did we finally find the mythical Scuttlebug Jamboree?

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wish the Simpsons had never existed. Maybe then this thread would have some good memes.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

that's not the right face goddamnit

the ideal is to use the whole sequence from the show, but when you're gonna post the dud meme as a still image, you have to pick a frame from the middle to convey the right emotion

ffs

What's wrong with you? That's some OCD poo poo. Possibly seek therapy

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Montalvo posted:

I wish the Simpsons had never existed. Maybe then this thread would have some good memes.

https://twitter.com/SUEtheTrex/status/968140764126568448

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Montalvo posted:

For all we know, The Simpsons existing at all is what led people to think of making internet memes at all. If we didn't have an infinitely quotable show that also was a cultural touchstone for a decade, we might never have achieved the cultural factors that led to the meme density we have now.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I used to watch the simpsons in like 2005 when it was already well past its prime, and I later felt embarassed for that. you already needed some pretty poo poo taste to watch it back then and then it somehow jumped the shark a second time starting in one of those seasons and became so poo poo that even my tasteless 13 year old rear end couldn't take it anymore. I cannot loving imagine a simpsons episode in 2018 and would consider watching one a form of torture

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Tetracube posted:

I used to watch the simpsons in like 2005 when it was already well past its prime, and I later felt embarassed for that. you already needed some pretty poo poo taste to watch it back then and then it somehow jumped the shark a second time starting in one of those seasons and became so poo poo that even my tasteless 13 year old rear end couldn't take it anymore. I cannot loving imagine a simpsons episode in 2018 and would consider watching one a form of torture

Funny you should mention that,

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_nwjduklnBx1tv899y_480.mp4

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

SpacePig posted:

For all we know, The Simpsons existing at all is what led people to think of making internet memes at all. If we didn't have an infinitely quotable show that also was a cultural touchstone for a decade, we might never have achieved the cultural factors that led to the meme density we have now.

My buddy Kilroy would beg to differ. Memes are ingrained into humanity.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 40 minutes!
Ancient Romans drew dicks everywhere.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:3:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5ki4YBoI5s

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

absolutely perfect

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Where is the meme?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Girls always dig the guy with his own set of wheels. So superficial. :(

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Paladinus posted:

Where is the meme?

I guess it’s a macro.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZOWQv3umMs

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Perfect.

Now do it with Sabotage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/Rabbleflaggers/status/964642539352576000

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Last Chance posted:

What's wrong with you? That's some OCD poo poo. Possibly seek therapy

Something something homerstomper68

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af_T0mRfnBY