Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

canepazzo posted:

Try as I might, I can't brain how to manage the fleet manager.

I have 2 ship types: Corvette and Destroyers. Each has 2 designs: Torp and autocannon CVs, PD and Plasma DDs. I have a Fleet template fully built with 10 Torp CVs and 10 Plasma DDs. I want to change that to 5 of each.

So I reduce the amount of each existing design to 5, add the 2 other designs and raise the quantity to 5 each. What happens is I get a Fleet with 10/5 Torp CV, 10/5 Plasma DD, 0/5 Autocannon CV and 0/5 PD DDs.

How do I get that to be 5/5 for each design? Do I have to manually remove the extra ships from the fleet? Where do I do that? Can I remove 5 of the Plasma DDs, retrofit the other 5 still in the fleet, then merge again?

I just checked to see how to best do this and what I come up with is this:

Set your fleet to the intended layout.
Split off the excess ships from your old fleet - this will create a new template with the split off ships.
Use the fleet manager to retrofit the split-off ships to their intended designs.
Merge them back into the main fleet.

It's a little complicated because you're adding a new design to the fleet and you want refit some of the existing ships but not all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Jabor posted:

A status quo peace will give you the status quo - each side keeps what it currently holds.

If you can force the opposing side to surrender (which takes more effort than getting them to agree to a status quo peace), you will get all your claims.

Worth mentioning that status quo seems to only give you what you hold if you have claims on it, so you can't use it to arbitrarily take random systems.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
Hey Wiz, bit of a bug with building federation Titans. You start building it when you are federation president and if your term elapses before the Titan is done it still counts as being a federation ship while also counting as one of your own and the game doesn't much like this.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Anticheese posted:

Four-armed spiral with 0.75 lane connectivity seems to be the map mode of choice for generating choke points and constellations. I tend to run with higher primitives and maxed FEs.
1.0 on normal size 4 spiral seems to work good for me. I generally end up with a couple of solid chokepoints (or starless walls) in three directions and one deceptively open looking flank that actually has two or three stars that snip everything else off.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Sheep posted:

Worth mentioning that status quo seems to only give you what you hold if you have claims on it, so you can't use it to arbitrarily take random systems.

Yeah, you still need to claim systems you occupy to get them in a status quo truce. Unless you're fighting purifiers/devourers - they are fair game, no claims required.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guilliman posted:

I'm keeping an eye on comments like this :) It's hard to get balance right. Overall with my mod resources are a bit more abundant throughout the galaxy. My last update doubled or trippled the habitability malus from negative modifiers, so some planets end up being a bit harder to colonise. This to somewhat compensate for the resources in the galaxy.

That said, I am keeping an eye on the resources though. For habitats I think it's fine as you need to spend time looking for a nice planet to build it over, and it costs 10.000 minerals and time to build.
For maximum cheeze: build a habitat over the time lost planet and then terraform/colonize said planet lol

It is possible, in the future, that I include a minor defines tweak to offset the resources (some kind of tiny upkeep increase somewhere). I haven't looked into it, but I'll see how the game feels. Right now I'm in full on bugfix mode.

Glad you're all enjoying the mod :)
I wholly think that the balance is in a good place at this point, if anything I'd like the random modifiers to be more abundant but I'm not finding myself swimming in resources as I once was. And them being a bit rarer is probably good really because I used to have a bazillion evil temples and stuff littered around my empire. And yeah habitats cost a fortune and honestly it makes them much more appealing to build having those sites with a couple of really good buffs on them.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 26, 2018

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Oh god how am I meant to choose between World Cracker or Neutron Sweep?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I spent absolutely ages trying to impose my ideology on some slaving despots. Destroyed loads of their stuff, occupied nearly all of their planets. And it was STILL -22 to their warscore.
Then someone else declared on them and it instantly did a white peace. I got nothing at all.

loving frustrating. Systems with starbases should increase your "occupied" warscore and not ONLY planets. Planets aren't that important any more and aren't even easy to find!

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Magil Zeal posted:

I suppose so, though is it really worth spamming them out? I'm building them at the late stage of the game though it feels a bit more like it's so I don't hit my mineral cap more than anything else, and yeah it's starting to make my maintenance costs creep up but at this point I already have a bunch of the matter converters built, not to mention three +50mineral-100energy deals active that I can cancel in a pinch to conserve energy again should I need to. Mine might be an unusual case though. I'm definitely getting some use out of them, just built a Dyson Sphere for another +1000 energy.

If you have large, multi-front borders across an expanse too wide to be covered by fleets alone, then, yes, yes they are.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
What modules do I need present to make fleets repair at a given starbase?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

GotLag posted:

What modules do I need present to make fleets repair at a given starbase?

Just for it to be upgraded beoynd an outpost, they can repair at any base.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GotLag posted:

Oh god how am I meant to choose between World Cracker or Neutron Sweep?

It's just a starting point; you can research the others later if you want.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Splicer posted:

1.0 on normal size 4 spiral seems to work good for me. I generally end up with a couple of solid chokepoints (or starless walls) in three directions and one deceptively open looking flank that actually has two or three stars that snip everything else off.

My first time trying out a ring Galaxy, and anti-clockwise from me is a single system chokepoint with some friendly democatic crusaders on the other side. Clockwise from me is a full 20% of the Galaxy, completely empty with another single system chokepoint upon which the Xenophile FE sits (and an rear end in a top hat on the other side who the FE are never going to open borders to) If not for pirates I doubt I’d even bother to have a fleet. It’s basically sim city for me.

Also literally two empires in the entire galaxy don’t have either Xenophile or Egalitarian in their ethics (if you don’t count the hive mind blocked off in their own area by another FE), so this Galaxy is a massive love in. Brightest timeline, I don’t think there’s even been a single war in the whole 80 years of game so far.

hand-fed baby bird
May 13, 2009
So you can’t travel through wormholes held by the great khan because they have closed borders despite being at war with you.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Hmm, it seems like there are some starbase bugs then. I have a fleet in the same system as a starbase, I tell them to go repair, and they immediately start travelling to a base in another system, that has exactly the same modules.

Edit: pathing issue, maybe? Both systems have gateways in them

GotLag fucked around with this message at 14:56 on Feb 26, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
It's been Monday for like 16 hours in Sweden, where's my bugfix patch :mad:

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Mostly dislike marauder clans since the early game can be way more "Your poo poo can get hugely hosed if you aren't even the target"

Other than that the penalty for adding controlled systems seems pretty stiff

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Pacifist seems like a trap option. I can't really do much of anything any more. Not even proper wars of liberation!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Taear posted:

Pacifist seems like a trap option. I can't really do much of anything any more. Not even proper wars of liberation!

What do you mean

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

What do you mean

If you try and war someone, you get to impose ideology. But this requires so much war score it's effectively impossible.
And before you could liberate worlds and create your own allies from enemy empires, but that's not an option either.

I want to free some slaves!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Taear posted:

Yeah I'm not sure how to fix it but "adjust the coefficients and whatnot on the war exhaustion system" is on my bugfix wishlist.

If admittedly below things like

- Fix or adjust the "leaders spontaneously gently caress off from fleets,"
- Which makes it nearly impossible to hunt down and murder the Space Mongol Khan :mad:
- Fix that rare weird fleet manager thingy before I get it
- Assimilator and Devourer hive minds are crippled because of that unrest error, which is more important than a bunch of hippie peaceniks being crippled
- apparently one of the endgame crises is unbeatable due to a planet-reconquest problem

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I had just retrofitted my fleet to fight some combat drones when pirates spawned in a dead end system with 1.8K fleet and pushed my poo poo in. RIP

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Taear posted:

What do you mean, you can still force an ideologically untenable government on your antagonist nation, that's as proper a war of liberation as anything. :colbert: I imagine that the proceeding rebellions will do as good a job of tearing the unsustainably tiny successor states off your opponent as the war ever would have. There should def be a CB to free someone's vassals though.

2.0 at least means you can claim territory in defensive wars, and thereby gain territory for winning (I used to have to mod that into my game before). Problem with my Inwards Perfection games in 2.0 is that I get so swole that nobody will declare war on me (I guess I'm bad at looking like an easy target while still being able to produce a fleet quickly enough to repel an actual attack).

Worse, I can't demand tribute from the barbarian neighbours groveling in the shadow of my magnificence (even though Demand Tribute is one of the few diplo options that are available as Inwards Perfection) because it now requires the first Domination tradition, and Inwards Perfection swaps Domination for Purity so they can never get it. I mean, yeah, I DO play IPs like they were weirdo reverse FPs but why you gotta call me out like that, game?

I'm thinking of slightly tweaking that tradition swap in a mod, anyway. I just need to think of a word that properly represents the attitude of, say, medieval China towards its neighbours.

shas
Jul 27, 2011

be cool if the marauders had something like galactic raiding seasons and those who had met them could offer them tribute in the form of energy or minerals.

tribute would give you influence for that season with them, and then either the leader in influence at the start of the next season would essentially get to point them at targets/a target, or there'd be a % chance based on overall tribute (if you gave 25% of the total tribute, you have 25% chance of being controller?)

the more stuff they get given maybe the more ships they send out raiding because they can afford to outfit them. however the more tribute they're offered, the faster or greater the chances of them unifying into a terrifying horde is

I have no idea if this would work but it'd maybe be more interesting than constantly being told "sure we raid but we're all busy right now try again later"

also what's a good science generation race setup i'm garbage at this game

shas fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 26, 2018

shas
Jul 27, 2011

space mongol papal battle controller

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

DatonKallandor posted:

I just checked to see how to best do this and what I come up with is this:

Set your fleet to the intended layout.
Split off the excess ships from your old fleet - this will create a new template with the split off ships.
Use the fleet manager to retrofit the split-off ships to their intended designs.
Merge them back into the main fleet.

It's a little complicated because you're adding a new design to the fleet and you want refit some of the existing ships but not all of them.

This worked perfectly, btw - thanks!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
It would seem there's something not entirely right with war exhaustion. Blowing up enemy planets with a world cracker gives me 0% and them 1.3% exhaustion, and counts as a defeat for me.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hey Wiz, it would be cool if I could burn unity points to reduce war exhaustion. If I expand I'm not gonna be able to buy more than 2 perks anyway.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

GotLag posted:

It would seem there's something not entirely right with war exhaustion. Blowing up enemy planets with a world cracker gives me 0% and them 1.3% exhaustion, and counts as a defeat for me.

I somehow hit war exhaustion with the only battles being me bitch slapping a couple of Outposts and cracking two planets.

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/968137319600574464

Looks like Wiz was listening.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
Also, speaking of world crackers, I'm in a federation with pacifists, engaged in a war to impose ideology, and they don't seem to mind at all that I'm systematically obliterating every enemy planet.

The only people who care (apart from the world owners) are a couple of empires that have NAP with the victims, and are rivals with me. Nobody else gives the slightest poo poo about all this high energy genocide.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Gyrotica posted:

Looks like Wiz was listening.

I'm hoping that doesn't bite you hard in a federation that doesn't want to stop.

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

I hope the other changes includes fixing war exhaustion values on output/station attacks so that taking territory doesn't result in your exhaustion leaping because you lost all of one ship to a station.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Demiurge4 posted:

Hey Wiz, it would be cool if I could burn unity points to reduce war exhaustion. If I expand I'm not gonna be able to buy more than 2 perks anyway.

you don't have enough planets settled for your territory size if you realistically can only get 2 trees down before costs balloon out of control. you should be able to get 3 before hitting the 10 years per tradition mark and even that should eventually get you through a couple more trees over time. there's definitely a temptation not to add to the penalty by colonizing, but unity generation and the various things pops contribute to, such as starbase capacity, make colonizing actually vital to keeping up with the mounting penalty from system ownership

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
After reading the thread, I'm not supposed to just gobble up every system I can with outposts? :ohdear:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

As long as it doesn't mean some AI nations will just refuse peace forever...

Maybe amend it so that if you're at 100% AND someone holds your capital they can 'Dictate Peace'.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Clanpot Shake posted:

Had a weird thing happen. As a machine assimilator I abducted a pop of the faction I was at war with. Pop lands on one of my planets and has the Migrating icon. I check, and he's migrating from my planet to that of another faction. What gives? I thought it was supposed to get wired up and join my race of machine peoples. I checked species rights, everything looked good. Set to assimilate, migration controls enabled. Only weird thing was it had alpine preference and was on a continental world. Seems like a bug?

Anyone?

Sultan Tarquin posted:

After reading the thread, I'm not supposed to just gobble up every system I can with outposts? :ohdear:

It tanks your ability to generate Unity and get tech. Expand slowly.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Only if you're playing to that kind of (tall) strength strategy.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

i'm not sure whether migration controls can remove the "migrating" status if implemented after the pop starts moving; they obviously should be able to though. if you already had the species set to migration control on before the abduction, then something might be wrong with migration control in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Sultan Tarquin posted:

It will slow down your tradition growth, but there's enough science in space that you can keep up on the research front for the most part. Plus the sheer amount of resources you get more than makes up any difference. Maybe the space bugs next to you have slightly fancier lasers and a long and storied history of shooting fancy lasers, but if you can afford to field twice as many ships and can recover any losses at a moment's notice, they're the ones who will fear you.