Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

thibs, hands on head, screaming at ronnie brewer for loading up vanilla yogurt with strawberry chunks, GODDAMMIT RONNIE IF YOU WANTED STRAWBERRY THEY HAVE GODDAMN STRAWBERRY FLAVOR GET OUT OF HERE

More proof that Thibs would suck to play for. Strawberry topping and strawberry flavor is just not the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Bill you're wrong.

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/967965456412782592

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dr.Radical posted:

More proof that Thibs would suck to play for. Strawberry topping and strawberry flavor is just not the same.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I swear I remember Simmons making fun of guys who bring up stars and big in game dunkers traveling. As if the Celtics have never had someone who does that. He seriously gonna tell me Paul Pierce never traveled?

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I mean it's Bill Simmons. If he wasn't a huge hypocrite and oversensitive homer, then he would be Bob Simmons, no relation.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
DeRozan talks a little bit about his depression tweet during All-Star weekend: https://www.thestar.com/sports/raptors/2018/02/25/raptors-derozan-hopes-honest-talk-on-depression-helps-others.html

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

thibs, hands on head, screaming at ronnie brewer for loading up vanilla yogurt with strawberry chunks, GODDAMMIT RONNIE IF YOU WANTED STRAWBERRY THEY HAVE GODDAMN STRAWBERRY FLAVOR GET OUT OF HERE

https://streamable.com/tn10

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hahahahaha

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

holy poo poo

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I just want to point out that I'm on record as saying firing Brooks was a bad idea because of the way that Durant talked about him and that it broke the whole "we're a family" myth OKC had spun. They were able to demonize Harden enough to save it but it just seemed like a bad idea to do it twice. Wait until Durant re-ups and fire Brooks then.

----

What's funny is I was out driving and listening to Uhh Yeah Dude and they were making fun of Dwight Howard's contribution to this year's talent showcase and I started to think about Feegan and his affect he had on his agents and probably was going to post something less than nice about him so I'm glad I read the thread in order first.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

:five:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

:emptyquote:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Rick posted:

I just want to point out that I'm on record as saying firing Brooks was a bad idea because of the way that Durant talked about him and that it broke the whole "we're a family" myth OKC had spun. They were able to demonize Harden enough to save it but it just seemed like a bad idea to do it twice. Wait until Durant re-ups and fire Brooks then.

----

What's funny is I was out driving and listening to Uhh Yeah Dude and they were making fun of Dwight Howard's contribution to this year's talent showcase and I started to think about Feegan and his affect he had on his agents and probably was going to post something less than nice about him so I'm glad I read the thread in order first.

100% agree. Washington has also done pretty well since Brooks came on board. I completely agree that he's not an incredible X's and O's coach, but I also think that is wildly overrated as far as importance. Being someone who can get players to buy-in is way more important.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Kyle Anderson emerging as a very good defensive player completely baffles me and I love it

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

My God.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

The only things I really don't like about GSW are:

Zaza and Draymond injuring people
Durant signing for them when they were already historically good.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Russ deserved to be on a team without KD so he could jack up horrible shots.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Dan Fegan is really a player's agent for trying to chase down Boogie's career.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

😂😂😂

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Lockback posted:

100% agree. Washington has also done pretty well since Brooks came on board. I completely agree that he's not an incredible X's and O's coach, but I also think that is wildly overrated as far as importance. Being someone who can get players to buy-in is way more important.

Counterpoint: Jason Kidd, whose players seemed to like him but who stubbornly coached like it's still 2005 and refused to admit otherwise

That's an extreme example though, generally you are right

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
lmao zogo

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Counterpoint: Jason Kidd, whose players seemed to like him but who stubbornly coached like it's still 2005 and refused to admit otherwise

Maybe expand that to organizational buy-in too? I feel like Kidd would be more successful if he didn't go out of his way to alienate everyone else in his job besides players.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
It couldn't hurt, but playing offense and defense as though the three point shot is just an occasional novelty (holy poo poo the Bucks went under EVERY goddamn screen) was the bigger problem there.

The nondescript lifetime assistant who's coaching them now whose name I can never remember (Joe something?) finally has them shooting threes like a 2018 NBA team but they still are struggling to kick the habit of going under every screen on defense

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Really, he should try to get out of the house and get exercise. That's always help me.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
a true champion tells their misfiring sadbrain "not today"

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When I saw a streamable in response to that post I was thinking "that better be the Thibs wants yogurt streamable." Thanks for not disappointing, Zogo

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Rick posted:

If it wouldn't stop you if he was alive, it shouldn't stop you when he's dead. It was just sad that a person related to the sport died.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

:vince:

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Rick posted:

----

It was a beautiful collision of my worlds listening to Seth rip into Dwight's impersonations

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/968127898954665984

cool cool. And since the Pels are so close to the hard cap, he didn't sign for much!

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
In weird salary cap news:

https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/968142046732210178

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Kibner posted:

If it wouldn't stop you if he was alive, it shouldn't stop you when he's dead. It was just sad that a person related to the sport died.

Good point. It wasn't so much that I was going to lay down a fire diss track on Dan Feegan, I just think he's basically used his leverage over the years to basically make his players paid but unhappy, which is why so many guys (including Howard) eventually dropped him. I'm very obviously not a superstar agent who knows how to do this, but there are clearly ways it can be done and Feegan seemed to just have a way of not doing it. And I'm glad Dwight left the Lakers but man this whole last phase of his career would've been way different had he taken the money from LA. Dumb Lakers fans would still be defending him now in 2018 and he could make all the dumb impressions and farts he wants.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I think the difference is results. Brooks didn't win a title, but he won a lot of other stuff. Kidd was struggling right now to coach a team to the playoffs in a week conference.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Eric the Mauve posted:

Brooks was a good coach though

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Lonzo still working on his PnR game:

https://twitter.com/MZavagno11/status/968120234359050240

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Sounds like the Sixers have been telling people (in an unofficial capacity) that Fultz's problems are mental

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/sixers-markelle-fultz-injury-status-recovery-shoulder-shooting-mechanics-shot-20180224.html

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah that's been clear for awhile .

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It seems like it probably started with him trying to adjust and play through a legit injury and has since become a mental block. Hopefully he figures it out and they quit letting anyone film him shooting until he does.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

euphronius posted:

Yeah that's been clear for awhile .

Well yeah it's been clear to anyone with eyes but the point is they've been telling people privately for a long time while insisting in public that it's something physical. Why are they so weird about injuries and apparently non-injuries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

• Locked thread