Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

get that OUT of my face posted:

don't post it, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bring back the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, the Papal State and balkanize North Italy

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

don't post it, please

:(

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
which candidate will seize Fiume from the perfidious Croats?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

i just want to see a party that openly promises to expropriate Juventus FC

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Bring back the Kingdom of Two Sicilies, the Papal State and balkanize North Italy

Troy Queef posted:

i just want to see a party that openly promises to expropriate Juventus FC
i'm down with both of these

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This is the real reason why the two party system sucks and is also boring

etalian has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Feb 28, 2018

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Plutonis posted:

I had the same exact thought a few days ago - in exasperation, I blurted out something about going back to duchies

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Shark Sandwich posted:

which candidate will seize Fiume from the perfidious Croats?

Hahaha I was going to ask who leads the March on Fiume this time around. Veglia, Istria etc....lots of irredentism fun to be had

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
looking at all those candidates they all seem like varying levels of terrible???

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

if nothing else, balkanize the north again. the disease is coming from there

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

spare veneto but do what you will with friuli

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

if nothing else, balkanize the north again. the disease is coming from there

I have some bad news for you about fascism stemming from the north

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Rome is the north piece of poo poo, do not disrespect south Italy like this again

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Byolante posted:

I have some bad news for you about fascism stemming from the north

i've been curious about this for a while: how come Lazio is the preferred team for fascists when Roma is a literal creation of the fascist government?

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
Italian communist party will save the day

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Italian Communist Party will get <1% if that

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

mangia i ricchi

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i've been curious about this for a while: how come Lazio is the preferred team for fascists when Roma is a literal creation of the fascist government?

They have SS in the name and their logo looks like the nazi crest

http://logos.wikia.com/wiki/SS_Lazio

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

in all seriousness, liberi e uguali seems kind of good? but still doomed to a 5-6% showing sadly

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
do Italian fascists still like D'Annunzio?

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

it all stems from the 1970s, when Chinaglia and Re Cecconi were playing for them and they loved to fight and be rightists

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

a new challenger approaches

Since Berlusconi can't serve, Silvio's own Mike Pence and possible horsefucker Antonio Tajani has agreed to stand in for him. He is also currently the president of EU's parliament, and would be the likely PM based on current polling

Yossarian-22 has issued a correction as of 04:49 on Mar 2, 2018

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

possible horsefucker Antonio Tajani
more info on this please. also your image isn't showing up so you'll need to rehost it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Why is Italy hosed up

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Mamma mia

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why is Italy hosed up

2000 year head start on lead chugging

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Why is Italy hosed up

It's just the way we are. Clientelism and nepotism aren't bugs in the system, they are the system

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Troy Queef posted:

it all stems from the 1970s, when Chinaglia and Re Cecconi were playing for them and they loved to fight and be rightists

Here's the rallying song for all Lazio fash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI3sh329QEA

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Top City Homo posted:

Italian communist party will save the day

Wrong

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I keep hearing good things about these guys, but where the gently caress exactly have they been all this time? I barely knew they existed

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I hope you guys don't elect the fascists 😓

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

Who are the people who are into this five star thing? I'm trying to imagine the kind of people who it appeals to.. I guess in america there are some rich white people in the suburbs who are pro-environment while still being xenophobic and anti-vaccine but it still seems really bizarre to me. Though not as bizarre as Berlusconi's hosed up face

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

MrWilderheap posted:

Who are the people who are into this five star thing? I'm trying to imagine the kind of people who it appeals to.. I guess in america there are some rich white people in the suburbs who are pro-environment while still being xenophobic and anti-vaccine but it still seems really bizarre to me. Though not as bizarre as Berlusconi's hosed up face

good new jacobin article on their origins make it sound very weird and culty to me

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/03/five-star-movement-roberto-casaleggio-grillo

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

Do 5S politictians still take their marching orders from their own polls once elected?

Also how has the mayorship of Rome gone? Last I heard of anything from there was the declining to host the Olympics; it was brought up that besides that, it's been a bad administration.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

hackbunny posted:

I keep hearing good things about these guys, but where the gently caress exactly have they been all this time? I barely knew they existed

Where do you live? PaP is mainly active in the south iirc

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/02/power-people-left-wing-party-challenges-racist-logic-180227180647631.html

Support for Power to the People had been growing, with polls giving them between 1.5 and 2.4 percent.

:yeah:

Pluskut Tukker
May 20, 2012

https://twitter.com/CasMudde/status/969604540747141121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

• Locked thread