Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Was helping a friend learn the ropes last night taking down the great jaggi and I didn’t really understand how much better i’ve become until we dropped that thing in 3 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)

Unnnnghh wanna hunt that mon.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

[unsheathes my katana]

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the insect glaive is great but not sure whether to build towards crit chance, damage, or air attack/mounting

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I keep thinking the game is over and then unlocking a new monster, it owns

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I loving love the charge blade

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

nodding fiercely and with intent

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Illuyankas posted:

I loving love the charge blade

:yeah: I finally feel confident getting the thing fully charged even though half the time i’ll get the blade charged and then the monster takes off.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

the weapon sounds are incredible... a few of my favorites:

- clinks and clanks of the switch axe transform and the taps as it discharges

- thuds on every heavy hit from hammer and gs

- longsword swoosh, schwing

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Blasting a monster in the anus with burst fire from your gun lance.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Blasting a monster in the anus with burst fire from your gun lance.

No better feeling than sliding a bullet down a well greased chamber

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
I can't stop switching between big rear end sword and hammer. I don't want to use any other weapon cause they're so good

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

a Loving Dog posted:

I can't stop switching between big rear end sword and hammer. I don't want to use any other weapon cause they're so good

I’ve only tried like three weapons and I’m happy knowing there’s a dozen I’ve never even seen.

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
I just started using the insect glaive and it’s cool, think I’m gonna make a gunlance next.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I've been playing Hammer the entire time but I think I'm gonna switch to Charge Blade because it looks sick as gently caress

I just need to get an Anjanath gem to actually drop first so I can make the Artillery charm

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The charge blade is silly and convoluted but holy gently caress does it feel good to be proficient with it.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/xnaga_mk2/status/962894193218658304

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Note: Odogaron died on the way back to his home planet

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i took some pics of my journey so far. i also took chobes' advice on the tattoos and shaders

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao this one's my fav

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

a Loving Dog posted:

i took some pics of my journey so far. i also took chobes' advice on the tattoos and shaders

Lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

lmfao this one's my fav

its sogood lol

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Finally beat this last night, the last boss really sucked but every other monster is really fun to fight

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

last boss is second best in th series imo, after 4u's

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Finally beat this last night, the last boss really sucked but every other monster is really fun to fight

if you can nail it with the three or four falling crystal pillars it goes a lot quicker, but i dont mind the fight myself

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

its cool that mh games are basically all boss fights but the "real" bosses are always like some of the worst fights in the game :cool:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Xenojiiva looks cool and I was really pumped to fight it and it ended up being a really boring easy fight that drags on way too long... oh well

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I purposely carted to go get flash pods and a flashfly cage because he did nothing but fly around for 5 mintues straight, just to find out flash doesnt work on him

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

he drops tons of slinger ammo and it takes like 2 shots to drop him

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the real last boss is tempered kirin

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

i beat him in one try but even with 45 thunder res and a bunch of defense boost he still hits like a truck, it must really suck if you go in unprepared

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

apropos to nothing posted:

the real last boss is tempered kirin

the real boss for me was not unplugging my ps4 and throwing it in a garbage bin during the long cutscene at teh start of seven star hunts followed by a Walk Slowly While Talking So I Can't Evenn Take A poo poo While its Happening tour with the handler and the admiral

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

the real boss for me was not unplugging my ps4 and throwing it in a garbage bin during the long cutscene at teh start of seven star hunts followed by a Walk Slowly While Talking So I Can't Evenn Take A poo poo While its Happening tour with the handler and the admiral

Thats an easy one if you know what youre doing. First , you prepare by going and taking a poo poo beforehand,

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Control Volume posted:

Thats an easy one if you know what youre doing. First , you prepare by going and taking a poo poo beforehand,

i don't want to watch it tho

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
the unskippable cutscenes and story of the game are massive fails. but, the rest of the game is epic win. in conclusion, monster hunter world is a land of contrasts

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

i don't want to watch it tho

[looking up from my list of tutorials and optimal strategies with bewilderment] uhhh. Second, you want to hold the analog stick forward.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

apropos to nothing posted:

the unskippable cutscenes and story of the game are massive fails. but, the rest of the game is epic win. in conclusion, monster hunter world is a land of contrasts

if your character looks funny enough, these become fairly benign

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

*does that one sweeping arm gesture in every Japanese game for a dramatic order, mouth frozen open in rictus scream* "This is a multiple syllable sentence!"

yeah I did just do One for the Record Books

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Illuyankas posted:

*does that one sweeping arm gesture in every Japanese game for a dramatic order, mouth frozen open in rictus scream* "This is a multiple syllable sentence!"

yeah I did just do One for the Record Books

thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

u r welcome