Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
:lol: Jay and Dan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Jay and Dan on ESPN is great

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

grack posted:

No, but as long as that's disclosed it's fine.

Yeah I wonder how much a hobbled McDonagh impacts his trade value. Maybe not much since there's an extra year on his contract.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/968207203546038274

so not a lottery protected 1st, but conditional based on whether or not he signs with SJ....which generally means they won't resign him

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

Laine that fuckin beard

He looks like a drat troll. Comb your hair at least, you're on video.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

whatis posted:

https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/status/968207203546038274

so not a lottery protected 1st, but conditional based on whether or not he signs with SJ....which generally means they won't resign him

I feel like this makes the deal a fair bit better for San Jose.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

DuhSal posted:

He looks like a drat troll. Comb your hair at least, you're on video.

I actually think it loving rules, it just blows me away that a guy in his 2nd season in fuckin Winnipeg is willing to do his own thing

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Hand Knit posted:

I feel like this makes the deal a fair bit better for San Jose.

They fact that they are 2019s is a bit surprising as well.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Jovial Cow posted:

They fact that they are 2019s is a bit surprising as well.

Future picks are the new hotness. It seems that a majority of teams have finally decided that they were undervalued.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
San Jose could get to the WCF, their first round will be really winnable and they could beat Vegas. I can't see them beating Winnipeg or Nashville but you never know.

e: 2019 picks are definitely worth the gamble. Maybe you luck into a good team pulling an Ottawa, rather than the surefire bottom half pick in 18.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

JawKnee posted:

I actually think it loving rules, it just blows me away that a guy in his 2nd season in fuckin Winnipeg is willing to do his own thing

I'm all for players doing their own thing as well, but it's pretty hideous imo either way lol

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/968208425866932224 :whitewater:

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/travisyost/status/968209162130751488

:f5:

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Mind_Taker posted:

Is McDonagh even healthy right now?

As others said he does have a hand injury but it's not super bad. They've kept him out for the past whatever, week or so, to help it heal. He'd be fine if someone trades for him and will probably be back soon for the Rangers if he's not traded

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I think trading future picks is a great idea when your best player is 40.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Oh wait is there only like 20 minutes lest before the deadline? Hurry up with the trades please.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I'm terrified to look at Twitter right now

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Hand Knit posted:

Future picks are the new hotness. It seems that a majority of teams have finally decided that they were undervalued.

Yeah but for Buffalo’s purpose you’re probably not reaping he rewards until 2021/22. That fan base is itching for a playoff appearance.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Seriously if I'm Brian MacLellan I open the vault for Karlsson. They'll be able to recoup assets in a few years when they trade Ovechkin, Backstrom, and Holtby anyways so just loving go all in.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i didn't see anyone post this one but https://twitter.com/NYIslanders/status/968201647821344768

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Gotta load up so they can make the second-round loss to Pittsburgh

Jovial Cow posted:

Yeah but for Buffalo’s purpose you’re probably not reaping he rewards until 2021/22. That fan base is itching for a playoff appearance.

Yeah the team is in trouble but I don't think a 2019 pick instead of a 2018 one is going to decide.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

What does that even mean? McDonagh's camp is ready to "move on"?

I mean yeah he knows he's being shopped and it's real likely he's traded if not now then at the draft. I'm not sure what significance that tweet is supposed to have unless McDonagh is going to just sit out now or something

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

They're going to do something dumb like package Vrana and then watch as Trotz continues to give near 20 minutes a night to Orpik and gently caress it I can't take this.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Wouldn't Washington have to move Carlson?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Just like Tampa, can't see any way in hell the Capitals can acquire Karlsson if taking Ryan has to be part of the deal.

I mean if the deal can be done without taking Ryan I would give up just about loving ANYTHING to get Karlsson if I'm the Caps. Which in turn drives up the price and also makes one wonder why the Penguins aren't involved as they also have plenty of valuable assets to offer.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Thufir posted:

Oh wait is there only like 20 minutes lest before the deadline? Hurry up with the trades please.

Don't forget the six thousand reminders in the last five minutes that "trades still trickle in after the deadline."

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

T-Bone posted:

I do that in a heartbeat especially if they also unload Orpik. I'm not really looking forward to Carlson making $8M x 8 this offseason.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line

Gunjin posted:

They're going to do something dumb like package Vrana and then watch as Trotz continues to give near 20 minutes a night to Orpik and gently caress it I can't take this.

Yeah that’d suck losing Vrana for Erik Karlsson

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

T-Bone posted:

Carlson for Karlsson please

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
TSN apologizing for inside jokes to American viewers is fantastic

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Thufir posted:

they'll keep coming in for an hour or so after the deadline

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Gunjin posted:

trade for Karlsson, play him on the third pairing because of his "defensive deficiencies", shrug and say "well apparently he's just not actually that good"

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought he was on an AHL only deal.

He's from just outside Cleveland and they just showed a montage the other night during the televised Monsters game about how excited he was to be playing at home.

E- Maletta might have been as well. Hockles?

Camper has been decent all season, it's quite lovely that he just got traded after almost having a hat trick on his bobblehead night on Friday. Especially since he was from Rocky River (20min west of downtown) Maletta has been alright as well, sad to see them both go. Maletta is from Canada, if that is what you meant.

According to CapFriendly, Maletta was still on his ELC, and based on my research Camper was on an AHL deal.

They are going to see each other on Friday in their new uniforms since Cleveland plays Tucson.... gonna be weird.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Also make Trotz part of the trade package for Karlsson.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

T-Bone posted:

Carlson for Karlsson would be ok for Washington, Carlson's a UFA who is probably going to get overpaid while Karlsson has one more year at a decent price. The problem is somehow unless they dump him Trotz is just going to keep throwing the shambling semi-animate corpse of Brooks Orpik out there every chance he has.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

Levitate posted:

What does that even mean? McDonagh's camp is ready to "move on"?

I mean yeah he knows he's being shopped and it's real likely he's traded if not now then at the draft. I'm not sure what significance that tweet is supposed to have unless McDonagh is going to just sit out now or something

maybe he's mad that they're not letting him play because he has Hockey Player Pride and is used to playing through injuries and thinks that the team would still be in a playoff position if they had been letting him play, i don't know

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/status/968210834353737730

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

oh poo poo!

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

The Dirty Burger posted:

Yeah that’d suck losing Vrana for Erik Karlsson

In a vacuum you do that all day long, the problem is I have zero faith in Trotz to utilize Karlsson in anything close to an optimal manner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Excited to see if Erik Karlsson can turn Brooks Orpik into a positive possession player if that trade happens. You just know Trotz will pair them up.

• Locked thread