Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

merk posted:

Look at the scummy comments on RF, Tobbs and me as scummy. Dead Cow has not made any reads. Where's Dead Cow in this list?

i had the same feelings about his comments about rf. i was like how the heck r u gonna call opop scummy because he hasnt made a lot of posts. its a meta case but also an incorrect meta post because opoop does not post a lot

im not really sure why some people r on that list and not others ngl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

merk posted:

This sounds really fake. Let me reread you.

Hahahahahahahaha this is as genuine as it gets, scumbo. Let me prove it.

##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

Me, casing you, who is scum. You can call it a "crappy classic SA mafia d1 lovely lynch" all you want but I'm going to hammer this drum until people hear it.

I called us going down the lovely d1 lynch path before any of this happened, which is why I showed up guns blazing to get poo poo going. You are in a DEEP tunnel, girl.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

flerp posted:

i had the same feelings about his comments about rf. i was like how the heck r u gonna call opop scummy because he hasnt made a lot of posts. its a meta case but also an incorrect meta post because opoop does not post a lot

im not really sure why some people r on that list and not others ngl

It also doesn't say anything about Opo's claim and the timing of his claim, which I think in hindsight looks pretty townie.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lando131 posted:

Hahahahahahahaha this is as genuine as it gets, scumbo. Let me prove it.

##vote merk

I was going to not remember to read you before I went back to work even though that literally happened three minutes ago. Thanks for reminder.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm starting to feel myself get Mafia Mad at this game so I'm done with it for awhile. I'll be around before deadline but honestly I feel like I'm just making myself harder to read by engaging in this conversation.

I've said everytihng I need to say, my top four votes in order are Merk, Lumpen, Snail, B-Minus. The cases are there if people want to see them.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
My major issue with NGK is his super hard push on AA, and then walking away from it without any reasoning until pressed about it. His reasoning was that AA posted more and he cooled on him. His reasoning was devoid of any real explanation.

So his opinions are fake. Probable scum.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I do understand that being the guy who pushes back against the bloke voting for him looks bad but I would like to ask for people who have played with Merk before if he's telling the truth with regards to his self professed "kill the 3rd party" stance. He seemed really keen on declaring MMT a 3rd party early on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

My major issue with NGK is his super hard push on AA, and then walking away from it without any reasoning until pressed about it. His reasoning was that AA posted more and he cooled on him. His reasoning was devoid of any real explanation.

So his opinions are fake. Probable scum.

I tried to ask him about this AA stuff and he said I was misrepresenting what happened (Narrator: merk wasn't). I recommend reading that exchange.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829382&pagenumber=105&perpage=40#post475435436

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It sucks that you can't search archives. I did write something one time.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i don't know why there is a push on mmt and quid today, i'm personally saying hallelujah for the narrowed focus tbh.

people i'm suss of include:

- dgk: still think that case against lando was weak, posting seems off somehow? it feels like he's only engaging on a surface level. would vote him over tobbs who i've come round on a bit.

- snail: mentioned him before, jumped on retros post without commenting himself. i also really liked tobbs case re: kb

- bminus: hard to describe but something feels off buddy. do you still have a neutral read on me?

- merk: seems very aggressive but not as sharp on as he usually is. why so much time spent on mmt? it doesn't make sense to me. i also hate this post:

merk posted:

I missed AS following Opo on the miller thing.

AS' other content is pretty blah, random comments on people that don't look like they are getting us anywhere near determining that player's alignment.

AS' vote on Tolly was hanging around without a case.

This could be a cute little scum. ##vote AS

not just for getting who i was voting for wrong, but for the comment about my other content. you might argue my comments are scummy but to argue they are random, not calling out alignment? you think i've made no alignment calls? this post is so wrong yet you happy to vote for me based on it?

##vote merk

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

:lol:

If you follow that link, make sure to read the three posts after Merk's.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

I just found the setup doc where it said he was scum.

Not sure it's great of him to use an example of himself 3P hunting while scum.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Question: someone said that voting for HiipFire is bad and they'd rather no lynch over a dead HiipFire. I can look up roles in detail on the wiki when I get home (5 hours) but for now can I ask if a suicide bomber role would explain this reaction?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Murmur Twin posted:

It was a very bad game for sure. I think I replaced out.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I just found the setup doc where it said he was scum.

Not sure it's great of him to use an example of himself 3P hunting while scum.

Ha, I didn't even remember. It is an opinion of mine I've held forever.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

not just for getting who i was voting for wrong, but for the comment about my other content. you might argue my comments are scummy but to argue they are random, not calling out alignment? you think i've made no alignment calls? this post is so wrong yet you happy to vote for me based on it?

##vote merk

It's one of my stronger reads, yes.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Gridlocked posted:

Question: someone said that voting for HiipFire is bad and they'd rather no lynch over a dead HiipFire. I can look up roles in detail on the wiki when I get home (5 hours) but for now can I ask if a suicide bomber role would explain this reaction?

u fishing again?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Gridlocked posted:

just looked up suicide bomber role, and now im wondering how you arrived at that conclusion.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Gridlocked posted:

That's not why I wouldn't dunk him.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
And yes I know this is the second time I'm asking about other people's roles but while we're talking about Merk related subjects I figured I'd enlighten myself.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

b-minus1 posted:

just looked up suicide bomber role, and now im wondering how you arrived at that conclusion.

Well I wanted to say hunter from one night Werewolf and I assumed suicide bomber did something similar as it sounds like it should. (Takes someone else with them on a vote to kill)

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

That's not why I wouldn't dunk him.

Oh was it you not merc who said that? Sorry. I have mercs on the brain.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I’m just checking in to let everyone know that:

-today’s been nonstop and nonstop lovely
-it is also not over yet
-I’m gonna try to catch up on this game tonight when I get home from therapy, but it’ll be late

Carry on, looks like there’s some good discussion going on even though I’ve read almost none of it :v:

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
I've had some heavy family poo poo to deal with the last two days, and I will generally only be active during my toddlers naptime roughly an hour or two sonewhere between noon and 3pm if I'm lucky. Amd then maybe a little after bedtime 8pm EST at best.

I woukd absolutely say this if I were Scum as well, so this os informative not exculpatory and I apologise that I can't be hardcore involved, I am a shell of my old Mafia self.

I will try to get a well formatted LumpenList put together the next time I can spare the time and attention.

DeadCow, the "totally Town amigos!" is the way I originally said my forst post in TheState's Fallout game in 2009. I think 50 was in that game and I don't know if I had invented the LumpenList at that point. If you have archivea you can verify.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
LumpenLists spunf magical :allears: probably because of thr onomatopoeia.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I don't suspect merk because I have reason to believe that these applied PR's would fail to affect a human. I am authorized to say paraphrasing, that my attributes have been modified temporarily, and so this behavior should signal someone that I'm a host, and leads me to conclude merk is likely the same.

Tolly was pointed out as seeming to be under a PR, and I unvoted her, then she denied it and I revoted her.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

That I don’t believe because we have like 3-4 claimed PRs and if what Lumpen is saying is true, that’s essential 3-4 active cops + whatever it is that MMT did and that’s not balanced at all.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
I will say that having mechanics that force a player to change their post rate is mega rough on someone who doesn't know what most peoples median rate is.

If that sprt of thing is happening I will never pick up on it.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I doubt it would force them to post more or lest often. A post restriction restricts what you can say. I remember reading one thread where someone wasn't allowed to use the letter e. Fun stuff.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lando131 posted:

I doubt it would force them to post more or lest often. A post restriction restricts what you can say. I remember reading one thread where someone wasn't allowed to use the letter e. Fun stuff.

Oh I was thinking it would be something like number of posts in X time period.

So things like "limited to X words per post" could be a thing

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I guess but considering the mod specifically requested people who wanted to be active and not lurk I can't imagine he'd create post restrictions that actively hamper that, unless DBD is a huge troll.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
I am sorry, digging in the sa mafia wiki and archives I replaced into the Fallout game which was hosted by VOTE1, and also did not say "Confirmin', totally Town amigos!" , nor in Greek Gods Mafia or Flavor Mafia. I did find out that I used to wrote more poetry and flavorful narrative posts back when I started, I was a very cute newbie. I can't currently pinpoint where I made that my firstpost phrase.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I'm seeing posts from the same few people over and over, and other than wondering if Merk is just being weird, I just don't have any strong opinions.

I'm not getting a lot of gut either. Lumpen and Quid having IRL stuff keeping them from posting makes it hard to read them. I had some gut for Lumpen and 50, but neither of those are striking me either.

I guess the one I could see is Tobbs's post about DGK dropping his case on AA? I thought DGK's case on AA was super early, which are the kinds of cases that do get dropped after some posting and reflection. That wouldn't make DGK a liar, so it's a stretch that Tobbs would call him scum on that. Even that seems really weak though, I guess I could vote Tobbs for a lovely justification however Tobbs isn't even voting DGK, so that would make my case a lovely case with lovely justification.

Everyone is playing super safe or something. I've honestly no good leads, and it sucks.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

I don't suspect merk because I have reason to believe that these applied PR's would fail to affect a human. I am authorized to say paraphrasing, that my attributes have been modified temporarily, and so this behavior should signal someone that I'm a host, and leads me to conclude merk is likely the same.

Tolly was pointed out as seeming to be under a PR, and I unvoted her, then she denied it and I revoted her.

I can confirm what Lumpen is saying about what happened to me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Dead Cow posted:

I'm seeing posts from the same few people over and over, and other than wondering if Merk is just being weird, I just don't have any strong opinions.

I'm not getting a lot of gut either. Lumpen and Quid having IRL stuff keeping them from posting makes it hard to read them. I had some gut for Lumpen and 50, but neither of those are striking me either.

I guess the one I could see is Tobbs's post about DGK dropping his case on AA? I thought DGK's case on AA was super early, which are the kinds of cases that do get dropped after some posting and reflection. That wouldn't make DGK a liar, so it's a stretch that Tobbs would call him scum on that. Even that seems really weak though, I guess I could vote Tobbs for a lovely justification however Tobbs isn't even voting DGK, so that would make my case a lovely case with lovely justification.

Everyone is playing super safe or something. I've honestly no good leads, and it sucks.

I'm playing real safe.

What do you think about my DGK post about you?

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Lumpen since you're here, did you see my view on Tolly's behavior regarding not engaging you? Does that affect your opinion of said refusal to engage at all?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

I am sorry, digging in the sa mafia wiki and archives I replaced into the Fallout game which was hosted by VOTE1, and also did not say "Confirmin', totally Town amigos!" , nor in Greek Gods Mafia or Flavor Mafia. I did find out that I used to wrote more poetry and flavorful narrative posts back when I started, I was a very cute newbie. I can't currently pinpoint where I made that my firstpost phrase.

Maybe spend less time digging in your nostalgia and more time finding scum here?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

merk posted:

I'm playing real safe.

What do you think about my DGK post about you?

I think he had a good point, I need to make a case. Does it make me scummy? No, does it make me useless? Yes, probably, that's why other people are mentioning the same thing. At least you and DGK are making cases.

I promise to try to get some opinions down other than "this is all messed up partner"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dancer and Lando are pinging me the most right now but I don't like voting new people D1.

• Locked thread