Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
THE MASTODON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

oldpainless posted:

He was also called the sexecutioner

I'm not gonna look this up since I don't want to find out you were kidding.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Mel Mudkiper posted:

serious question is "The Big Dog" the worst nickname to ever try and get over in all of WWE history

But what if it was the 1990's and people* were still wearing all those BIG DOG shirts that said stuff like "IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS THEN STAY ON THE PORCH!"?

So like a lot of stuff they do, they just soundly missed the window to a point where it is very confusing.

*lower-middle class white dads AKA the wrasslin' demographic

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

I don't like what bartok is saying about Tri!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
My favorite part of the whole Roman promo was when the fans barely reacted to anything he said.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Incessant Excess posted:

I'm not gonna look this up since I don't want to find out you were kidding.

I’m not

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Booking Rondas first big match at WM with broken down Kurt Angle, old rear end Trips, and Stephanie (who's wrestled one real match in the last 15 years) is really gonna get her over! Jesus loving Christ this company is so stupid, it's hilarious.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Saint Freak posted:

But what if it was the 1990's and people* were still wearing all those BIG DOG shirts that said stuff like "IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS THEN STAY ON THE PORCH!"?

So like a lot of stuff they do, they just soundly missed the window to a point where it is very confusing.

*lower-middle class white dads AKA the wrasslin' demographic

I think this hits on the problem

Big Dog to me evokes fat 15 year old kids at the state fair with moms wearing tweety bird hats

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is my tasmanian devil shirt going to be a problem in this community.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

The_Rob posted:

My favorite part of the whole Roman promo was when the fans barely reacted to anything he said.

i like where he was mouthing the words to himself so he could remember where he was and also that at the beginning it looked like he was debating whether to cut the promo or quit the business on the spot

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

boar guy posted:

i like where he was mouthing the words to himself so he could remember where he was and also that at the beginning it looked like he was debating whether to cut the promo or quit the business on the spot

He was supposed to be debating with himself whether or not to Keep It Real, not looking like he forgot his lines; sadly the Large Dog doesn't exactly have the benefit of the doubt here.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

When Keeping It Worked Goes Wrong

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Netflix just announced CM Punk will be hosting season 3 of Ultimate Beastmaster

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Dacap posted:

Wade barret too.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

serious question is "The Big Dog" the worst nickname to ever try and get over in all of WWE history

Michael Buffer once called The Giant/Big Show "The Ultimate Super Big Man"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i thought ultimate beastmaster would be a reality show about wizards taming hawks to be their familiars and druids riding grizzly bears but was disappointed to see it's just another one of those obstacle course shows

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The_Rob posted:

Wade barret too.

He's doing the UK version though, they're not paired up.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

in my version of ultimate beastmaster the host is an indian that turns into a wolf

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cavauro posted:

is my tasmanian devil shirt going to be a problem in this community.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

in my version of ultimate beastmaster the host is an indian that turns into a wolf

mortal kombat ultimate beastmaster

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Michael Buffer once called The Giant/Big Show "The Ultimate Super Big Man"

If you ever want to see something hilarious look into the catchphrase he tried to get over before "let's get ready to rumble"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lid posted:

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Beastmaster

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Professor Funk posted:

Wait did WWE *actually* advertise Brock for the show knowing full well he wouldn't be there to get some cheap babyface pops for the big dog?

PWI says Lesnar was scripted to come out during the Reigns segment but wasn’t at Raw. Not sure if it’s a double super worked shoot or Brock no-showed because he’s negotiating with UFC.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Lid posted:

that's the wolfen man

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

PWI says Lesnar was scripted to come out during the Reigns segment but wasn’t at Raw. Not sure if it’s a double super worked shoot or Brock no-showed because he’s negotiating with UFC.

lol at anyone who thinks this is something other than Vince trying to create heat on Lesnar to get Roman over

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I kinda want Lesnar to no show Mania.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Just replace every instance of "this business" in Roman's promo with "the WWE".

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you ever want to see something hilarious look into the catchphrase he tried to get over before "let's get ready to rumble"

He used it in the USA Grand Prix. It was loving awful.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

fun fact about brockle snar, the champion of raw, the top guy on raw, the king of raw for the last couple years. the last time he competed on raw was july 22, 2002, when he faced tommy dreamer in a singapore cane match.

kids born on july 22, 2002 are learning to drive.

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

VJeff posted:

I kinda want Lesnar to no show Mania.

Just let AJ do double duty.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

this'n.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Meh, scott hall no-showing a tna ppv and making samoa joe do a shoot promo that almost got him fired was better

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

fun fact about brockle snar, the champion of raw, the top guy on raw, the king of raw for the last couple years. the last time he competed on raw was july 22, 2002, when he faced tommy dreamer in a singapore cane match.

kids born on july 22, 2002 are learning to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlzk9H91dA

How dare you miss this five-star classic

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Blaise330 posted:

Meh, scott hall no-showing a tna ppv and making samoa joe do a shoot promo that almost got him fired was better

Is Joe hurt? Just occurred to me he's been gone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that pic's a bit big, but not too big. Makes me want too tweet

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Dacap posted:

Shouldn't he be training for his next UFC fight?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is Joe hurt? Just occurred to me he's been gone

Yea, some wear and tear issue in his foot, should be back a couple weeks after Mania I think.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Incessant Excess posted:

Yea, some wear and tear issue in his foot, should be back a couple weeks after Mania I think.

All I want is a Braun/Joe feud after Mania

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

boar guy posted:

So have we hit the point where Roman's promo last night was always bad?

• Locked thread