Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
That's the hammer, please do not post until I reveal the flip (will be posted in the next 10 minutes).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

The town knew that humans had infiltrated their ranks and didn't want a world where Hosts would become the minority. Snail rubbed a lot of people the wrong way, even though he wasn't especially mouthy or egregiously aggressive towards anybody. He just had that Human... smell to him.

They dragged snail to the gallows, a thick trail being left behind him, and hung a rope around his neck.

"Any last words?" Tolly Totes asked snail, his eyes covered by a bandana.

Snail spit on the ground, and that was the signal to lift him.

Crack.

sentimental snail - :h: Host-aligned Doctor (Town) has been lynched in the gallows D1.

There will now be 30 minutes of twilight to discuss or not discuss anything you want. The thread will be locked at 7:07 EST. Night actions will be required and the thread will open no matter what by 7:05 EST on Wednesday, but I would love to get it open before then. So try to send in night actions as quick as possible.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
... welp

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
:rip: Doctor. You never got to save a life.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:ghost: sorry friendos, I wound up getting held up waaay late at work cause of an issue that arose at 5:05, and didn't get home until just now :smith: :ghost:

editing my post cause idgaf mod kill me cmon punk do it!!

sentimental snail fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 28, 2018

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

sentimental snail posted:

:ghost: sorry friendos, I wound up getting held up at waaay late work cause of an issue that arose at 5:05, and didn't get home until just now :smith: :ghost:

Good night sweet snail. I hardly knew thee.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
That sucked

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

No flavour on the flip. Interesting.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

What's more believable? Town got a PR that isn't a PR, that is optional, with an unknown consequence? Or that Merk and Lumpen are scumbros using a fake PR for cred?

First one btw

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Swell.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

*cough* third vote *cough*

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
Aww Gridlocked, I went and re-read that old game, you're the reason I decided to not call anyone a gently caress this game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Final votecount for Day 1:

Votecount for Day 1

sentimental snail (12): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Tobbs Gnawed, Dancer, Dancer, Anomalous Amalgam, Dead Cow, Retro Futurist, Tobbs Gnawed, King Burgundy, DGK2000, Lumpen, Lando131, Anomalous Amalgam, Tobbs Gnawed, Atomic Soda, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Tolly Totes
DGK2000 (3): HiipFire, merk, merk, 50 pounds of bread, Tolly Totes, merk, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tolly Totes
Anomalous Amalgam (2): DGK2000, Gridlocked, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, merk, DGK2000, merk, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, b-minus1, Lumpen, Hal Incandenza, Lumpen
Retro Futurist (2): Quidthulhu, merk, sentimental snail, merk
Tobbs Gnawed (1): flerp, Anomalous Amalgam, Tolly Totes, Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Atomic Soda, Tolly Totes, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
merk (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, HiipFire, HiipFire, DGK2000, Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, DGK2000, Lando131, Atomic Soda, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer, Lando131, DGK2000, DGK2000, Atomic Soda
King Burgundy (0): Lando131, Lando131, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, Dancer, Dancer, merk, Lumpen, Lumpen, merk
Lumpen (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, sentimental snail, Lando131, Lando131, sentimental snail, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, merk, merk
Atomic Soda (0): King Burgundy, merk, merk, merk, merk, King Burgundy
Quidthulhu (0): Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Dead Cow, King Burgundy, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
HiipFire (0): Dancer, Dancer, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, b-minus1, b-minus1, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131
Mr. F! (0): Tolly Totes, Lando131, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Tolly Totes, Lando131
Dead Cow (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin
b-minus1 (0): King Burgundy, King Burgundy
50 pounds of bread (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Dancer (0): Dancer, Dancer
Gridlocked (0): merk, DGK2000, merk, Anomalous Amalgam, DGK2000, Anomalous Amalgam
flerp (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tolly Totes (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lumpen, Lando131, Lumpen, Lumpen, Lando131, Lando131, Tobbs Gnawed, Lando131, Lando131, Lumpen
Lando131 (0): merk, merk, DGK2000, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, DGK2000
Murmur Twin (0): sentimental snail, sentimental snail, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, King Burgundy, Retro Futurist, merk, merk

Not Voting (2): b-minus1, Mr. F!

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 1, 2018

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
(*) I sent a few "successful" PM's to a few people, but realized it would just make more sense to only message people if their action didn't go through, besides killing roles and other information sensitive specific roles. So expect that in the future.

The sounds of horses trotting through the town echoed as the sun rose slowly, but always surely. Something was different, though. There was a palpable stench of the metallic smell that blood gives off when smeared or sprayed everywhere. The townspeople looked to see what damage was done to their inhabitants, and found a few gruesome discoveries.

The first person found was Mr. F! He was found hiding under a bed, in another man's house. Poor guy poo poo himself. He seemed to be doing work for the good of the Hosts, but was a quiet bugger. Didn't really say much, and now he won't be saying anything ever again. Unfortunate.

Mr. F! - :h: Host-aligned Watcher (Town) has been shot in the side of the head N1.

The other person was flerp. Similarly, flerp wasn't around too much but he was known to the locals as a big time rabble-rouser. Something was going to happen with him eventually, and whoever killed him didn't want to deal with it. This was a particularly gruesome scene. His body parts were strewn around the room, and his head was placed neatly on the bed, readily waiting anybody to greet him. A few people passed out once they came into his room. The bugs, the blood... yeah. I'll stop being so descriptive now.

flerp - :c: Human-aligned Erasing Survivor (Survivor) has been carefully chopped up N1.

(Alignment specific roles are specified by the symbols, "Human" just means that they were not a Host.")

It is now Day 2.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 1, 2018

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Well there's your 3rd party Merk.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
:siren: GeneX is replacing HiipFire. :siren:

Everybody welcome Gene to the game! (or don't).

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
:ghost: go uhhhh hmmmmm whatever team tobbs isnt on :ghost:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

Aww Gridlocked, I went and re-read that old game, you're the reason I decided to not call anyone a gently caress this game.

I went back and looked too. Its been close to 3 years since then. Don't expect the same time I had to devote then, new job limits my time considerably

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok good night kills, I dig.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Still have no idea what the injection did, I got no pm regarding it last night.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's pretty suspicious, 50

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Is it?

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Ok, first things first, I am the best. The myth, the man, the legend, the Lumpen.
As you can see, I am now unbound from the effects of my N0 programming fuckery.

Second, I was "mystery injected" last night, so I am led to believe 50 Pounds of Bread was not fabricating that as a self-serving gambit on D1, and I also tend to assume that 50 Pounds of Bread is most likely Town. Also I surmise that the injection was not poison. 50, can you tell me if the injection had an effect that you now know of? I am hoping it is not Cult recruitment.

Third, I appreciate that lurkers were targeted in the night. Neither of those seem like modkills, but we also don't have a replacement so it seems likely that Mr. F being NK'd resolved the need for replacement. The nightkill choices suggest to me that the Scumteam are likely more skilled/experienced players (care about game quality, are not afraid of a tough game, do not intend to lurk their way to victory). They may be among the higher post-counts.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Would vote DGK for this. He's pushing Gridlocked hard, then does an about-face and votes merk for unvoting Gridlocked. Mind you, DGK's vote of merk unvotes Gridlocked.

Fake opinions, as was called out earlier with his turnaround on AA.

In fact let's spice it up. ##vote DGK
Fourth, merk was right, this is good stuff. ##Vote DGK2000

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Welp, never mind what I said about replacement. Welcome GeneX.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I still have no idea what the injection did lumpen. I heard nothing about it last night.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Didn't anyone tell you guys sharing needles is a bad idea?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
code:
I set my sail
Fly, the wind it will take me
Back to my home, sweet home

Lie on my back
Clouds are making way for me
I'm coming home, sweet home
I’d stick the rest in, but that’s enough bastion for me, mood’s set now for what I assume is a robowestern mafia game.

Last thing I remember about this game was Lumpen getting antsy about...AA? at the end of jokephase.

Gonna drop a ##vote Quid while I skim and catch up, low postcount feels weird given the limited exposure I’ve had to him

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok well it's less suspicious now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

code:
I set my sail

Lie on my back
I’d stick the rest in, but that’s enough bastion for me, mood’s set now for what I assume is a robowestern mafia game.

Last thing I remember about this game was Lumpen getting antsy about...AA? at the end of jokephase.

Gonna drop a ##vote Quid while I skim and catch up, low postcount feels weird given the limited exposure I’ve had to him

Pre post-apocalyptic is the vibe I get.

code:

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, whoa, I'm radioactive, radioactive

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Pre post-apocalyptic is the vibe I get.

code:
I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my systems blow

I have never watched this show and all I know about it is that it has sexbots dressed as cowboys, so sure

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
How are you not answering Mr Roboto

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

How are you not answering Mr Roboto

Because “thank you very much, mr robot” is a bad song besides its chorus

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm trying to think of flavor related stuff the injection could be and I'm coming up short. Game wise though it's sound like an arsonist.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GeneX posted:

Because “thank you very much, mr robot” is a bad song besides its chorus

But its prefect for this game.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

Dead Cow posted:

\

Gridlocked posted:

I went back and looked too. Its been close to 3 years since then. Don't expect the same time I had to devote then, new job limits my time considerably

Sounds like an interesting game? What happened?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

GeneX posted:

code:
I set my sail

Lie on my back

I feel like you might regret that vote a bit

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Tolly Totes posted:

I feel like you might regret that vote a bit

Do you mean Quid saying it was RL stuff? Because I don’t regret the vote, and have very quickly decided that I don’t actually want to read like 20 pages of backlog, but fine I suppose IRL stuff comes first, lord knows I’ve been dealing with it. ##unvote

Do not like RF speculating on the injections, feels off given that he hasn’t even claimed to be pricked by one, meaning he has no reason for that to be his sole focus right now. Don’t think the discussion will lead anywhere, too. ##vote RF

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Can someone quote the post where someone said they had good reason to believe HiipFire was Town? I can't remember who said that.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

Can someone quote the post where someone said they had good reason to believe HiipFire was Town? I can't remember who said that.

That was me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm forbidden from explicitly confirming certain things, but let's just say I wouldn't hammer hiipfire even to avoid a no-lynch.
I found it. Tobbs please confirm that this wasn't some kind of in-joke about another game or something. Do you still feel the same, are you inclined to elaborate yet?

• Locked thread