Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Tolly Totes posted:

Is there any reason to think that stuff like the injection or funny talks will only affect one type of alignment aside from the theme?
Yes, funny talking is literally because of personality programming settings being messed with. Humans don't have those settings, so my guess is that it may be a sort of Cop power, and if a Human is targeted it'll have no effect and they will just talk normally and this would expose their alignment to whoever's messing with settings.

With the injection, I know that I'm Town and was targeted, and so if it's a Scum power, then 50 is probably the same alignment as me. It isn't 100% proof but it's enough that I wouldn't vote him today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

DGK2000 posted:

It's... sort of a jailer. There is also a 1/4 chance that MMTs day or night action will not work today. I think that's as close as I can get without getting modkilled.

Huh , that is interesting. If you kept mmt... occupied last night then she likely isn’t implicated in the nks

Would like to hear from quid and lando

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye

Lumpen posted:

Yes, funny talking is literally because of personality programming settings being messed with. Humans don't have those settings, so my guess is that it may be a sort of Cop power, and if a Human is targeted it'll have no effect and they will just talk normally and this would expose their alignment to whoever's messing with settings.

With the injection, I know that I'm Town and was targeted, and so if it's a Scum power, then 50 is probably the same alignment as me. It isn't 100% proof but it's enough that I wouldn't vote him today.

So you think there were 2 investigations before the game even started?

The second one is pure speculation, what if it’s a town or 3P power

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Re: injector

Has there been only one injection claim a day so far? I swear two people claimed it on d1.

Also Lumpen re: my speculation about there the dead human being 3p was based on their role. I overlooked them having "Human-alligned" and noe "Self-alligned" or something similar. I stated that earlier

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Atomic Soda posted:

*squints* well now what do we have here

I'm saying I can DGK style claim but I feel it will only hurt my case.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
At work on lunch. Wish snail had been around to claim so we could have switched to B-minus1. Still think his fake unvote is scummy as heck. Also still looking at merk who put down one of the first big pushes on snail and got riled up about nolynching 24 hours before deadline.

Will have to reread DGK at home now that we have more to go off of than gut.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Grid dont rolefish yourself day2 wtf are ylu doing. Have you learned nothing?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lando131 posted:

Grid dont rolefish yourself day2 wtf are ylu doing. Have you learned nothing?

But I'm the perfect target! I can't rolefish myself becausr I already know the answer.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol “fake unvote”

I was on my phone and posting in a parking lot between my conference and going to a happy hour. . I know it was lovely not to vote but it seemed like a fair thing to do. I hadn’t read any of the posts from yesterday. . Actually, I still need to go back and do that

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Alright, FINALLY have a bit of time tonight. Gonna do some digging in. Honestly haven't read basically anything for a few days, my apologies.

Someone whispered a thing in my brain or ear or something last night, I can reveal details but wanna hold on to it for now

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I think me being behind on this game means....IT'S TIME FOR A SPREADSHEET

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gridlocked posted:

Also before I get called out on "Hey Grid you said you can't post much because of work but now your dominating the post count on d2. What the hell?"

I'm having a minor freak out at work cause the defense force is wanting to rush my application and start me maybe in May if I pass the interviews and officer board. I wasn't expecring an interview till then let alone potential starting date and now my plans are a bit in a mess.

Iono about this, seems a little self-conscious, but could be newbie jitters.

I'm also kinda getting a weird vibe from Gridlock / GeneX interactions early in D2. Something just feels kind off. I don't have any context of Grid interacting with anyone else really and I know Gene just jumped in but it kinda looks a bit like two people acting like they're probing each other when in reality they already know what's up

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lumpen posted:

Okay, in the absence of a counter-claim or other refutation, ##unvote

##Vote King Burgundy

Hey Lumps, can you explain the correlation here? I'm not seeing it.

-DGK claims to have jailed MMT
-You ask him if that's what he did
-Then you jump to "no counter claim, KB must be susp"

I am assuming this is related to D1 stuff which I'm gonna be sorely behind on for a while, but I'm getting a strong town read from the little stuff you've done today (I'm finding your probing well intentioned and your conclusions logical) so I want to hear from you waht the dilly-o is.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lumpen posted:

You spent a whoooole lot of :words: in D1 rolefishing about MMT, then about HiipFire (maybe a suicide bomber? you said) and not from a Town-mind viewpoint. Hated your "oh no! shucks that's terrible" post in twilight as well. Have to ponder whether your suggesting that flerp was 3P was calculated misdirection, not sure on that but it would have to be for you to be Scum.

This is the best case I've seen, assuming all of this happened :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Atomic Soda posted:

i believe dgk for now, but until mmt regales us with her presence, i'll keep a close hold of my knife.

I think this is kinda weird too because a jailer could be scum? You're soft clearing him from suspicion here but him doing that doesn't make him town.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Today's ba self conscious day mate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Lando131 posted:

At work on lunch. Wish snail had been around to claim so we could have switched to B-minus1. Still think his fake unvote is scummy as heck. Also still looking at merk who put down one of the first big pushes on snail and got riled up about nolynching 24 hours before deadline.

Will have to reread DGK at home now that we have more to go off of than gut.

I feel like this whole paragraph doesn't have any bearing on what's going on / being discussed today, but again, I have no context. The b-minus callout without a vote looks susp, then a switch to DGK that doesn't seem to connect to much other than his claim, I guess? Can you expand on this, Lando?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The DGK thing seems moot to me either way. MMT kind of had a spotlight on here, if she were scum I absolutely cannot imagine the scum team having her do the kill

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

DGK, why did you choose to announce your jailing rather than...attempting to jail more people secretly? Was anything even being discussed at that moment that made you feel this was necessary? MMT hadn't even come in with her night results or anything yet, why blow your load now on that?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm here and catching up.

DGK2000 posted:

I am fairly certain MMT did not perform any sort of night action.

I can confirm that

(a) I tried to search someone for an extra bullet and was told my action was unsuccessful (which I took to mean as "it didn't happen" as opposed to "you didn't find one"). The flavor involved getting drunk.
(b) Someone else successfully used an ability on me that made me think they're town, but I don't feel the need to claim it just yet.
(c) I was lying - I started with two bullets. I'm going to go over the game tonight and shoot whoever I think is scummiest sometime tomorrow.

DGK2000 posted:

There is also a 1/4 chance that MMTs day or night action will not work today.

:sadpeanut:

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Murmur Twin posted:

(c) I was lying - I started with two bullets. I'm going to go over the game tonight and shoot whoever I think is scummiest sometime tomorrow.

I KNEW you couldn't have a shotgun in a Western setting with out it being double barreled!

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also I volunteer to be shot. Just sayin.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Lumpen posted:

On one hand I could buy this as possible, but on the other my ability plus two funny-talk abilities (Merk and Lumpen from N0) serving as cops seems like it'd be really good for town.

Gridlocked posted:

Also I volunteer to be shot. Just sayin.

As it stands right now, it's probably going to be one of Merk, Dead Cow, or b-minus.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Quidthulhu posted:

DGK, why did you choose to announce your jailing rather than...attempting to jail more people secretly? Was anything even being discussed at that moment that made you feel this was necessary? MMT hadn't even come in with her night results or anything yet, why blow your load now on that?

Because I'm absolutely the most likely to get lynched or shot. I got tired of people loving flavor arguing and hypothesizing over mmts shots. I figured she was a likely Target for a kill. By claiming, I can put to rest that maybe she's whatever stupid loving flavor poo poo comes next. I'm now either going to be night killed because I might gently caress over scum, or left alone because Merk thinks he can paint me scum enough to be lynched.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Murmur Twin posted:

On one hand I could buy this as possible, but on the other my ability plus two funny-talk abilities (Merk and Lumpen from N0) serving as cops seems like it'd be really good for town.

As it stands right now, it's probably going to be one of Merk, Dead Cow, or b-minus.

Well being as you're the person I trust the most at the moment I will share a bit of the role stuff I floated earlier.

I can say Dead Cow didn't kill anyone last night. I can't stop powers like DGK claims to but I can re-direct targets and neither people who died were targeted by her.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

I feel like this whole paragraph doesn't have any bearing on what's going on / being discussed today, but again, I have no context. The b-minus callout without a vote looks susp, then a switch to DGK that doesn't seem to connect to much other than his claim, I guess? Can you expand on this, Lando?

Still at work but have some free time. I want to wait to reread the end of day 1 for when I have a real screen and want to make a case when dropping a vote today.

DGK was high on my list yesterday, just under merk, but it was mostly a gut read based off something he said very early in the day and I want to reevaluate.

B-minus1 is claiming RL reasons for his crappy unvote when he wasnt voting anyone. Mostly i want to bring attention to this because he was talking and IMO he should be taking heat while hes around but i dont have the time to do it myself today.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I'll also say if snail had flipped scum I sure as hell would be voting B-minus1 right now without rereading.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

I just got home but I'm too tired to delve very deep tonight. I'm off tomorrow and should be through Sunday though so I look forward to interacting with everyone and returning to. :justpost:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote DGK

Haven’t read yesterday again with flips in mind but this is good.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
A good case: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3849854&perpage=40&pagenumber=32#post481703606

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
DGK, what’s the case on me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

It's... sort of a jailer. There is also a 1/4 chance that MMTs day or night action will not work today. I think that's as close as I can get without getting modkilled.

Claiming this after a doctor flip on d2 in a big game sounds not town. More like you want to look townie for it somehow.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

DGK2000 posted:

Because I'm absolutely the most likely to get lynched or shot. I got tired of people loving flavor arguing and hypothesizing over mmts shots. I figured she was a likely Target for a kill. By claiming, I can put to rest that maybe she's whatever stupid loving flavor poo poo comes next. I'm now either going to be night killed because I might gently caress over scum, or left alone because Merk thinks he can paint me scum enough to be lynched.

Fake frustration.

Ok. I’m done. This guy is scum.

Phone casing. Best casing.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
"Kinda-Jailer" is not an inherently Town role, but why would a Scum lock up MMT, who is considered Town and has a Day Action?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

"Kinda-Jailer" is not an inherently Town role, but why would a Scum lock up MMT, who is considered Town and has a Day Action?

1. Fearing she has a night action.
2. To look town.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
3. He knew his role impacted her day action, so now (unless it’s obvious) if she fails in the shot we even learn less than we did with the yesterday version - assuming her claim is true.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Quidthulhu posted:

This is a good point.

DGK2000 posted:

And this could be a lie, the role could gently caress with/diable/redirect the Day Action 100% chance, and then Scum DGK would be highly motivated to target MMT. This would also help explain MMT not being the NK (I know DKG has said he protects from NK's, but also we know there was a Doctor, and also we can probably assume no kills were prevented last night until or unless we see a 3-kill night).

DKG, please answer Quid's question.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Even as presented, the mechanics look more like a Scum role the more I think about it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
MMT, can you confirm the 1/4 portion of DGK’s claim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Lumpen posted:

Even as presented, the mechanics look more like a Scum role the more I think about it.

It’s about how he used it moreso than the claimed role itself.

• Locked thread