Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

That reminds me, the YouTube series Death Battle has a pretty good episode about Sweet Tooth vs. The Joker. The animation and voice work for the fight itself is really well done.

Though the best episodes of Death Battle are Wolverine vs. MSG Raiden and Balrog vs. TJ Combo. It's a fun series. Unlike Impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

Also, Twisted Metal Black was so good but then Twisted Metal 2012 or whatever it was was kind of bleh

At least it wasn't Twisted Metal 4 bad though. Calypso gets usurped and becomes a competitor in the tournament and for some reason this dude who has seen at least a dozen twisted metal tournaments and knows that slowness gets you killed decides to get the single slowest vehicle in game history that fires a massively slow-moving scud missile.

It's a loving awful game top to bottom

Yeah but you could play as Rob Zombie. It was your chance to dig through the ditches and burn through the witches as you slam in back of your DRAGULA!!!
I rented Twisted Metal 4 because I believed that it couldn't be as bad as 3 but 989 Studios out did themselves. Can't totally poo poo on 989 Studios because they made Syphon Filter and I had so much fun using the air taser to light dudes on fire.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

bartok posted:

Can't totally poo poo on 989 Studios because they made Syphon Filter and I had so much fun using the air taser to light dudes on fire.
To be fair, 989 Studios was only the publisher for Syphon Filter. The games were developed by Eidetic Studios (who are still around under the name Sony Bend), best known for creating Bubsy 3D. No, I'm not kidding.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

There was a third Vigilante 8 game, I found out the other day. Came out in like 2007. I was like oh hell yes, then I found out it was just the first game remastered and called V8: Arcade edition.

V8 Arcade was more of a remix, mostly stuff from V8 with a couple elements from 2nd Offense. It was fine, and I actually liked the simplified control scheme they introduced as an option, but it's no 2nd Offense. Also, pretty sure dumbfire rockets in that game were hella busted.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

DarkstarIV posted:

TNA/Impact is apparently teasing a MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT coming by Monday.

Yessss, I missed those. I don't even care what kind of wet fart it will end up as, I just want them to act all big and important and like anybody cares what they will do next week.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Grendels Dad posted:

Yessss, I missed those. I don't even care what kind of wet fart it will end up as, I just want them to act all big and important and like anybody cares what they will do next week.

They apparently hinted that it will have something to do with Wrestlecon (the show over wrestlemania weekend where they've moved a hilariously low number of tickets) and will "open new doors for impact wrestling!!!"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Also, Twisted Metal Black was so good but then Twisted Metal 2012 or whatever it was was kind of bleh

At least it wasn't Twisted Metal 4 bad though. Calypso gets usurped and becomes a competitor in the tournament and for some reason this dude who has seen at least a dozen twisted metal tournaments and knows that slowness gets you killed decides to get the single slowest vehicle in game history that fires a massively slow-moving scud missile.

It's a loving awful game top to bottom

But Calypso was usurped by Sweet Tooth! Gotta give him a John Cena push that somehow still hasn't ended!

Also nobody mentioned Twisted Metal: Small Brawl or Twisted Metal: Head-On. If you include them the the series hasn't had a good game since Black or possibly 2. Actually, Head-On wasn't totally useless, it did give us the loving insane live action endings to 1 that they didn't use for some unfathomable reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFs8REgq8I

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I feel like the car combat genre died off for a reason.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
Twisted Metal: Head-On was basically Twisted Metal 2 part 2. I actually liked TM4 more than 3 because my friend and I used to make our own stupid cars and play on those green levels that the floor would break if hit with an attack. It was a lot of fun.

I think now is the perfect time for a car combat resurgence*

*not really, I just miss Twisted Metal :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

RZApublican posted:

But Calypso was usurped by Sweet Tooth! Gotta give him a John Cena push that somehow still hasn't ended!

Also nobody mentioned Twisted Metal: Small Brawl or Twisted Metal: Head-On. If you include them the the series hasn't had a good game since Black or possibly 2. Actually, Head-On wasn't totally useless, it did give us the loving insane live action endings to 1 that they didn't use for some unfathomable reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoFs8REgq8I

they didn't use those endings because after they were filmed they had to change the name of the game from High Octane to Twisted Metal because of copyright reasons.

and the world is poorer for it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

bartok posted:

Yeah but you could play as Rob Zombie. It was your chance to dig through the ditches and burn through the witches as you slam in back of your DRAGULA!!!
I rented Twisted Metal 4 because I believed that it couldn't be as bad as 3 but 989 Studios out did themselves. Can't totally poo poo on 989 Studios because they made Syphon Filter and I had so much fun using the air taser to light dudes on fire.

I tried to replay Syphon Filter 1 and 2 and it was depressing because man that game hasn't aged well

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
we need another open world skateboarding game that's good

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Now that I think about it there are very few PS1 games that have aged well.
Symphony of the Night.
Metal Gear Solid, maybe.
And um...poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, the PS1 era was weird since a lot of developers were figuring out what did and didn't work in 3D, as well as how to get things like cameras to work well. Things that have aged well are either really late-era games or games that weren't really fundamentally different than 16-bit games, just bigger and/or with 3D graphics.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

ChrisBTY posted:

Symphony of the Night.
Metal Gear Solid, maybe.
And um...poo poo.

The Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game. The Dreamcast version looked better, but the PS1 version had the brilliant Super Story Mode. It was like the fighting game version of 2K Showcase, but with kickass minigames thrown in.

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

The Spyro games have aged really well by PSX platformer standards.

Klonoa is still good, FF9 has aged much better than its predecessors, Crash Team Racing is better than Mario Kart 64.

Also the PlayStation has the greatest fighting game of all time, Evil Zone.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
That's a weird way to spell Tekken 3 fucker

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Their big announcement is the Wrestlecon show is now Impact vs Lucha Underground

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Baron Corbyn posted:

Their big announcement is the Wrestlecon show is now Impact vs Lucha Underground

We just need Lucha Underground.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I tried to replay Syphon Filter 1 and 2 and it was depressing because man that game hasn't aged well

they aged great actually

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alaois posted:

they aged great actually

The guys aim like stormtroooers and everyone is a standing still bullet sponge so you can aim at them with the wonky control system

Syphon Filter 2 was my all time fab ps1 game but man it's rough now

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Pinstripe Hourglass posted:

Crash Team Racing is better than Mario Kart 64.
I've never played Crash Team Racing so maybe it is actually as good as people say, but all the favorable comparisons to Mario Kart 64 just remind me of how PC gamers in the early 90s would try to convince you (but mostly themselves) that Wacky Wheels and Skunny Kart were just as good as Super Mario Kart on the SNES, honest! I'm not implying CTR is a horrible laggy mess like those PC games, I'm sure it's a quality game because Naughty Dog has made a lot of those over the years, but I just get a similar feeling whenever CTR is mentioned.

Maybe I should actually play CTR one of these days. I'm sure it's at least better than Diddy Kong Racing.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

The Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game. The Dreamcast version looked better, but the PS1 version had the brilliant Super Story Mode. It was like the fighting game version of 2K Showcase, but with kickass minigames thrown in.

eyes of heaven is better as an actual jojo game

The PSX/DC game was Stardust Crusaders (Part 3) only even though the manga was up to part 5 by that point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

DarkstarIV posted:

They apparently hinted that it will have something to do with Wrestlecon (the show over wrestlemania weekend where they've moved a hilariously low number of tickets) and will "open new doors for impact wrestling!!!"

three words:

open
ring
challenge

bring your boots, kids.

Warthur
May 2, 2004

ChrisBTY posted:

Symphony of the Night.
Metal Gear Solid, maybe.
And um...poo poo.
First Silent Hill I'd put on the list, though arguably that's because it took the shonky movement and camera controls of the PS1 era and made virtues out of them by using them as a source of terror.

bartok
May 10, 2006

exploded mummy posted:

we need another open world skateboarding game that's good

Is this you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zN_6mt5KQpg

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

No I call it SK4TE.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbyn posted:

Yep

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Johnny Mundo vs. Johnny Impact this Friday only on Twitch

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/969233368578691072

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

oh cool, two promotions that no one cares about team up to do something no one cares about.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Holy poo poo they actually posted that?

Impact will now switch to a meme-based marketing push spearheaded by a series of steamed hams promos on the part of Austin Aries

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 1, 2018

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

John Morrison/Johnny Mundo/whatever he's calling himself this week is cool and I wish he didn't have to slum it on loving IMPACT.

Also, I know that the purple and the fleur-de-lis are a New Orleans thing, but if someone removed all the text from that picture I'd instantly assume it was a teaser for a new Saints Row.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
We need a new version of Saints Row 2

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I hope the show revolves around Hernandez but due to legal reasons Impact are still unable to broadcast any footage of the tapings.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
If Impact v Mundo is the main event then I hope Sami Callihan v Jeremiah Crane is the semi-main.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/969400135523250176

jesus christ

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Is that loving angle STILL going? :stare:

Adbot