Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

Dead Cow posted:

I'm still not convinced that his pr wasn't self induced, but no one seemed to care when I quoted that.
So ask Atomic Soda's opinion now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
DC does not seem to sincerely care about the issue and actually want to investigate it, looks more like an artificial effort to keep a justification alive.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Lumpen posted:

So ask Atomic Soda's opinion now?

Hey AS, is Merk making poo poo up?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Merk's first couple posts after the day opens don't have a PR, btw.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

He also doesn't call it a posting restriction until after Lumpen mentions having one.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Hey AS, if you keep the restriction up do you gain something, or do you lose something if you fail to keep it up?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Dead Cow posted:

Merk's first couple posts after the day opens don't have a PR, btw.

from earlier:

merk posted:

What’s up? No more PR. Busy this evening.

b-minus1 posted:

Weird. So you were told that your PR, whatever it was, is over?

merk posted:

It said it was only for d1 when I got the n0 pm. I didn’t hear anything about it last night so I assume it’s done.

or maybe it never existed in the first place

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

from earlier:

or maybe it never existed in the first place

I was referring to day one

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I explained it in a post day 1 when someone else asked. I saw the pm after having already made a couple posts.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Dead Cow, whatever you’re doing this game, it’s not scum hunting.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Dead Cow posted:

I'm still not convinced that his pr wasn't self induced, but no one seemed to care when I quoted that.

I like you dead cow but when people don’t trust other people I get mad. And when I get mad people get hurt

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

merk posted:

I explained it in a post day 1 when someone else asked. I saw the pm after having already made a couple posts.

I think you met your requirements. Too bad, I would have enjoyed seeing you pay the price

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

merk posted:

I missed the explanation, and I didn't notice anyone point it out to me when I brought it up earlier.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I would like to see DGK bleed today. Nothing would give me more pleasure than the pain on his face when he meets his reckoning

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Hal, have your settings been manipulated in the night?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm not too sure I buy into the DGK case right now, at least not until he responds to some of it. From my POV,

(a) people are conflating jailer (target becomes untargettable + their actions failed) with what he claimed (that I would be unkillable but still targettable + my action failed). If his ability is the latter, I can see why he'd use that.
(b) people are saying "why would he claim that?" but I feel like that makes him more likely to be town than scum. If he was scum there's no reason to share any of that information with the thread at all, much less to breadcrumb that he was going to do it the day before.
(c) people are saying "why would he target me with that?" and I feel like I can understand why but rather than spelling it out I'd rather hear what he has to say about it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lumpen posted:

Hal, have your settings been manipulated in the night?

Someone has done something and I would enjoy seeing them suffer for it

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
##vote DGK

Merk is doing exactly what I said. I'm done playing so just loving lynch me then look at Merk and Lumpen

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

MMT, can you shoot merk please?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

DGK2000 posted:

##vote DGK

Merk is doing exactly what I said. I'm done playing so just loving lynch me then look at Merk and Lumpen

This makes me sad.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

MMT, can you shoot merk please?

Yeah.

There's just too much there that I'm suspicious of, and I feel similarly with Merk how I did with Quid on D1. If he's scum, cool, and if he's town then confirming him will make it a lot easier for me to focus on other people who I'm suspicious of who aren't dominating the conversation as much.

Here's hoping my hangover doesn't mess this up. ##open fire at Merk

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Hal Incandenza posted:

This makes me sad.

Me too, I asked him to play with me :(

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

DGK2000 posted:

##vote DGK

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Glad to see there are no personal insults anymore, right? gently caress you, you piece of poo poo.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

"Oh, Felix. You really do make a terrible human."

You are Felix, a Westworld Host-aligned Bartender (Town). You win when all lethal threats to the town are vanquished. You hand out liquor to player each night, incapacitating them, making them unable to be hurt, or unable to visit anybody themselves (essentially a Jailer). You cannot get the same person drunk two nights in a row, and you may not use this ability on yourself. Players will be told that they have become drunk and cannot leave their room. Additionally, any player you have targeted during the night will have a 1/4 chance the next day of misusing their day or night action from being so hungover.

You do not have a night 0 power.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Well there's a modkill =/

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Remember - it's all just a game on the internet that we're all playing for fun. :glomp:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

50 pounds of bread posted:

Well there's a modkill =/

:eng99:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I wish he didn't do that. If merk flips scum I wouldn't have voted him.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Lol yikes. Take a breather dgk. It was all gravy man.

Would vote Lumpen for being an rear end

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Murmur Twin posted:

Yeah.

There's just too much there that I'm suspicious of, and I feel similarly with Merk how I did with Quid on D1. If he's scum, cool, and if he's town then confirming him will make it a lot easier for me to focus on other people who I'm suspicious of who aren't dominating the conversation as much.

Here's hoping my hangover doesn't mess this up. ##open fire at Merk

Oops be quiet.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

drat I hope DGK is burning in hell now

But I still love him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lol yikes. Take a breather dgk. It was all gravy man.

Would vote Lumpen for being an rear end

Pfffft Lumpen once told someone they were faking their cat dying to get an edge in a game. This was pretty tame

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
DGK, nobody even said anything personal to you before you self-voted and said you were done playing, your claim was just being discussed and questioned as any claim should be.

This is a only a game, every utterance is just pursuing an arbitrary win condition. I am sorry to see you apparently actually upset, I value being friends with you, I just thought you were playing the ol' Scum self-vote flipout-and-pout trick. I didn't even think I was teasing mean. :smith:

:glomp:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

DGK2000 - :h: Host-aligned Bartender (Town) has been modkilled D2.

Murmur Twin pulls her shotgun out and lays it on the side of her hip as she enters the bar, this time a little bit more sure about her shot than she was on D1. She lied that this bullet never existing, but she wrote merk's name on it before she would even tell that lie. She snuck up on him while he was having a drink at a table with the rest of the locals, and unloaded straight into him. He turned at her, wiped the blood off of his face, and began laughing and drinking with the others at the table.

Murmur Twin walked out of bar, clearly frusrated. Then paused, and walked back in so she could order a drink. Makes sense, she probably deserves one.

Nobody died. THE MODKILL HAS ENDED D2. You have twilight until 5:02 PM EST.

Please send in night actions within 24 hours.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Gonna close this a bit early as I have to head out really quick and nobody has posted, so please send in night actions ASAP. Thank you.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Another night, another Host is found with their lifeless body inside of their home. This time, Gridlocked was the unlucky recipient of a gunshot to the side of the brain. He was sitting up at his desk, with some pictures drawn and some text written. He was trying to find out who these mysterious killers were just as much as anybody else here. It sucks losing the good ones, but that makes it all the more important for the Hosts to stick together and really start finding out who these Humans are before they completely take over.

Gridlocked - :h: Host-aligned Prostitute / Odd-night BP (Town) has been shot in the side of the head N2.

It is now D3.

The deadline for D3 will be Monday, March 5th, at 7 PM EST.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...

merk posted:

This never happened. ##vote Lando131

Wellsir this is gods honest truth. Your big case was against Gridlocked, not snail. I was as sure of myself as I'm now sure I cocked it up. Looks like merk is a host too, based on MMT's result.

But you know what? I don't think it's safe to trust MMT's shotgun as a perfect alignment detector. I still think merk is a scummy rat, I just don't know what kind of scummy rat he is.

Tell you what, Quid this mental cockup is why I didn't vote anyone while I was at work, on my phone. Sure as gently caress I knew I'd forget something important and as much as I love this game I'm to lazy to case and quote on my phone and I ain't afraid to admit it.

But guess what merky boy, Grid just flipped town too so that big ol' post you made was still against town. Just wasn't the town I thought it was.

And while I'm talkin' here's another piece of my mind. I think DGK is a scumbag for lettin' out all his dirty laundry in public. That's not how we roll 'round here and he hosed me hard by ending the day before I even woke up after a long workday.

Lando131
Jul 27, 2006

This is one way to find scum...
gently caress it, YOLO.

##vote merk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Murmur Twin posted:

No way, really?

I'm not going to fullclaim yet but I have a dayvig that kills humans and doesn't kill hosts. Quid is town.

Lando131 posted:

gently caress it, YOLO.

##vote merk

So, you think MMT's brutal daycop is a brutal flavorcop? Or is she a naive brutal daycop?

• Locked thread