Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Lumpen posted:

I found it. Tobbs please confirm that this wasn't some kind of in-joke about another game or something. Do you still feel the same, are you inclined to elaborate yet?

Not a joke.

No feelings involved.

Prohibited from elaborating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
##vote rf third vote yesterday

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I approve of our nightkillers.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Anybody get their personality attributes messed with last night?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dead Cow posted:

wat

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

King Burgundy posted:

I approved our nightkills.
Fixed that for ya?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Lumpen posted:

Fixed that for ya?

They are certainly kills after my own heart, but no.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Retro Futurist posted:

I'm trying to think of flavor related stuff the injection could be and I'm coming up short. Game wise though it's sound like an arsonist.

That’s what I don’t get either. In my experience the arsonist douses targets in gasoline andcsn choose to ignite at any time. Maybe injection works in a similar way?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

That’s what I don’t get either. In my experience the arsonist douses targets in gasoline andcsn choose to ignite at any time. Maybe injection works in a similar way?

The flavor equivalent for this game would be something like a worm/virus with a logic bomb. Rather then being a set time, it would be whenever they do the equivalent of ignite.

Probably worth waiting and seeing if anyone gets hit tomorrow now that flerp is dead. His flip said "erasing" survivor. Maybe he was a sort of SK that could trigger everyone to die by erasure later. If it was him, we won't have to worry about it anymore.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm assuming flerp was a janitor SK.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Notably strange that "Brutal Cop" MMT and "Confirmed Town" Quidnose would live with the Doctor having been killed.

Maybe fear of Watcher but now we also have dead Watcher. Mr. F would have had motive to Watch MMT last night. "Shot in the head" kill flavor more Human sounding of the two.

"Chopped up" kill flavor could be SK?

Will be interesting to see if MMT and Quid continue living with dead Watched and Doc... also interested to see if MMT shoots again today.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Dead Cow posted:

:awesomelon: :glomp: :3:

Tolly Totes posted:

\

Sounds like an interesting game? What happened?

It was my first Mafia game ever. I was unemployed at the time and ergo had the thread open all the time try harding and somehow managed to make it to the last three. I was the deciding vote and I got it right and we won the game.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lumpen posted:

Notably strange that "Brutal Cop" MMT and "Confirmed Town" Quidnose would live with the Doctor having been killed.

Maybe fear of Watcher but now we also have dead Watcher. Mr. F would have had motive to Watch MMT last night. "Shot in the head" kill flavor more Human sounding of the two.

"Chopped up" kill flavor could be SK?

Will be interesting to see if MMT and Quid continue living with dead Watched and Doc... also interested to see if MMT shoots again today.

MMT said she had no bullets left. But she also was open about the fact she could have been lying through her teeth. So :shrug:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Okay I just realized sonething and I do in fact regret my quid vote, because I’m an idiot

And no, it isn’t mmt’s brutal cop claim

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GeneX posted:

Okay I just realized sonething and I do in fact regret my quid vote, because I’m an idiot

And no, it isn’t mmt’s brutal cop claim

Care to explain?

Personally I'm in on Lumpens repost of DKGs helping Merk tunneling me before flipping like a champ to hit Merk instead. Can be view as switching from an easy "bus the bumbling idiot" to a "bus the crazy posting man"

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of want MMT to shoot me just to see what would happen tbh

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Retro Futurist posted:

I kind of want MMT to shoot me just to see what would happen tbh

So you suspect your alignment is different to Quids?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Gridlocked posted:

Care to explain?

Personally I'm in on Lumpens repost of DKGs helping Merk tunneling me before flipping like a champ to hit Merk instead. Can be view as switching from an easy "bus the bumbling idiot" to a "bus the crazy posting man"

Same boat as Tobbs: I can't say more.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GeneX posted:

Same boat as Tobbs: I can't say more.

Ok so knowing what you do know but can't elaborate on but also stating that you take back your Quid vote because of the Mystery Info and not MMTs bang pkus claim:

What do you thinknof MMTs claim?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Also I'd love to hear from Dead Cow about her vote.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

Ok so knowing what you do know but can't elaborate on but also stating that you take back your Quid vote because of the Mystery Info and not MMTs bang pkus claim:

What do you thinknof MMTs claim?

I'd have to get an actual read on her but initial thoughts are that I do not expect that scum have a brutal cop and/or a fake day action power, so barring my developing a significant scumread on her, I think she's town and telling the truth about her action.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GeneX posted:

I'd have to get an actual read on her but initial thoughts are that I do not expect that scum have a brutal cop and/or a fake day action power, so barring my developing a significant scumread on her, I think she's town and telling the truth about her action.

So in plain english: Her action indicates town vut your starting to get the scum feels from her?

Are these scum feels despite her action againt Quid because of your Mystery Intelligence about him?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gridlocked posted:

So you suspect your alignment is different to Quids?

No, I'm curious how her power affects me as a Host aligned human character

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Your alignment is what matters not if the character you were assigned is a human or a host in the show.

We went through this. :bang:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Gridlocked posted:

So in plain english: Her action indicates town vut your starting to get the scum feels from her?

Are these scum feels despite her action againt Quid because of your Mystery Intelligence about him?

No.

In plain english: her action (and result) indicate that she's town, but I haven't actually gotten a read on her.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

GeneX posted:

No.

In plain english: her action (and result) indicate that she's town, but I haven't actually gotten a read on her.

Sorry I read your earlier post as "baring my devloping scumread" not "baring me devloping a scumread"

Sorry for failing reading comprehension :(

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop
Character and written-flavor-wise, Mr.F was Host-Aligned but a human on the show, and flerp was a Human-Aligned! survivor whose character on the show is a Host.

So now I wonder if this means flerp was in Scumchat and maybe the other Scum didn't know he was a survivor? He was not Self-Aligned or Survivor-Aligned, I just processed that. RF saying "there's your 3rd party" right after flip had led my mind astray.

Also "carefully chopped up" probably indicates the "Man in Black" from the show looking for Maze info and functioning as an SK. I wonder if he would flip as Human or Host aligned or Self or SK aligned, and how that might work/have worked with MMT's day action.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What’s up? No more PR. Busy this evening.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

merk posted:

Weird. So you were told that your PR, whatever it was, is over?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lumpen posted:

So now I wonder if this means flerp was in Scumchat and maybe the other Scum didn't know he was a survivor? He was not Self-Aligned or Survivor-Aligned, I just processed that. RF saying "there's your 3rd party" right after flip had led my mind astray.

I said that not RF. I didn't consider that it said Human-aligned and not Self-aligned or something similar. I assumed Survivor implied a 3rd party objective.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
some prick wants to get me lunched today i'll kill him

also i'm just host aligned theres nothing about being a human host aligned or any of that bullshit, lets move on assholes

Dead Cow posted:

*spits*

merk posted:

he may be a useless sack of poo poo, a wet eared tit sucking snot drizzling mommas boy, but i think he's telling gods honest truth here (hi merk!)

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I’m out playing poker for tonight, will check in later.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hey AS. I see you woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Did something happen to you last night to cause this?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gridlocked posted:

Your alignment is what matters not if the character you were assigned is a human or a host in the show.

We went through this. :bang:

I suppose in light of the flips last night I've been overthinking it

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Retro Futurist posted:

I suppose in light of the flips last night I've been overthinking it

Spoiler, the following characters are actually hosts in the show:

I'm not going to ruin the show for people. Cmon you thought I would? it's got fuckin ed harris as a cool man with no name cowboy killer in it hell no o would ruin anything with ed harris.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

Weird. So you were told that your PR, whatever it was, is over?

It said it was only for d1 when I got the n0 pm. I didn’t hear anything about it last night so I assume it’s done.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

merk posted:

It said it was only for d1 when I got the n0 pm. I didn’t hear anything about it last night so I assume it’s done.

Can you share what the restrictions were or is that against the rules?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Gridlocked posted:

Can you share what the restrictions were or is that against the rules?

I was told not to share specifics yesterday. I asked.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Lumpen posted:

Character and written-flavor-wise, Mr.F was Host-Aligned but a human on the show, and flerp was a Human-Aligned! survivor whose character on the show is a Host.

Also "carefully chopped up" probably indicates the "Man in Black" from the show looking for Maze info and functioning as an SK. I wonder if he would flip as Human or Host aligned or Self or SK aligned, and how that might work/have worked with MMT's day action.

Also Lumpen are you speculating here that MMT could be the MiB and therefore have a pile of kill abilities as is fitting woth their flavour? Also would in theory make them 3p with a personal objective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

merk posted:

I was told not to share specifics yesterday. I asked.

Fair call. Do do you still think I'm a monster or just a bad townie?

• Locked thread